shape
carat
color
clarity

The studs went back.. now I get to choose something else! Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Save up for the .50 carat studs unless you''re not sure that''s what you want anymore. If you''re not sure, wait until you are. The CZ idea might be a good one. You could see if you love them as much as you think you will.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I actually do have CZs, but I dislike the settings they''re in, so I don''t wear them, lol.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Dani, what''s the total mm on the dreams of africa set? Maybe I can photoshop them onto your lobes if I know the mm of those and the mm of your former bezel studs.

(also, could you get the huggies but with sapphs or tsavs instead of ice? The colors might be nice against your hair color)
((also also, did you see KT''s new bezels from Brian Gavin? WANT!))

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.5ct FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I also think you should save up.

also, you might change earrings a lot now and find you don''t once you get studs. I used to change my earrings every day, and since I got my dream studs (1.90 cttw from Whiteflash) last october, I don''t really wear anything else. sometimes I try some of my old earrings on, but then I think how much better the studs look and put those back in instead.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:23:47 PM
Author: mercoledi
Dani, what''s the total mm on the dreams of africa set? Maybe I can photoshop them onto your lobes if I know the mm of those and the mm of your former bezel studs.

(also, could you get the huggies but with sapphs or tsavs instead of ice? The colors might be nice against your hair color)
((also also, did you see KT''s new bezels from Brian Gavin? WANT!))
I have no idea what the total mm is - I may have to ask! And I forgot to measure the .25tcw like a dork when I had them.
14.gif

Ooooh - tsav huggies!!!!! Now THAT I can get behind! I do have a few pairs of gemstone studs that I wear occasionally. The problem with them, and the reason I like the martini bezel settings, is that I wear a headset at work and large earrings get in the way.

Hmmmm. Tsav huggies. This is an intriguing thought.

And yes, I most definitely did see KT''s new bezels!!! WANT as well!

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I''m still mulling it over. At this point I''m just saving up while I try to figure out what to do.
1.gif
I don''t want to spend a bunch of cash and be disappointed again, so I''m trying not to rush!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
**chanting**
Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs!

I mean, it''s free to ask, right? Did WF source AmberGretchen''s tsavs, or did she get those elsewhere?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 2:07:04 PM
**chanting**
Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs! Hugs with Tsavs!

I mean, it''s free to ask, right? Did WF source AmberGretchen''s tsavs, or did she get those elsewhere?
You crack me up!! I think WF sourced those for her.

Hmmmm.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 2:09:44 PM
Author: geckodani

**chanting**

Hmmmm.
Nope they didn''t.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:17:16 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 4/7/2009 2:09:44 PM

**chanting**

Hmmmm.
Nope they didn''t.
2.gif
Well. Poo.

3.gif

In all seriousness, I''m questioning my suitability as far as a wearer of studs.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Buy some cheap czs, see if you ever wear them. If not, save your pennies.

Cheap stud czs

Anyone wanna share a source for tsav melee?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for save for the bigger studs.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:45:15 PM

Cheap stud czs

I have them.

I don''t wear them. LOL.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just lost by 6th pair of crystal bezel studs. I'm starting to get very concerned about my ability to retain the real thing.

If you don't wear studs, what do you wear?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:48:16 PM
Date: 4/7/2009 3:45:15 PM

Cheap stud czs

I have them.

I don''t wear them. LOL.

I thought that meant they weren''t in the bezel settings, or just a very plain prong setting. Are the ones you have in bezels? They sit flatter than regular studs so you can wear your headset.

And I have to vote for the huggies with tsavs now, because the thought is gorgeous!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I wear one of 3 pairs of hoops in my first holes (white gold) and small WG ball studs or my 'lil diamond chips from Kohls in the second piercing. I also have turquoise studs that I wear when they match, and a few pairs of pearls. It's usually hoops and a small stud in the second hole.

I have bezel set czs that I don't wear. I got them mostly to compare sizes (and it turns out the 4mm ones I got, that I thought would be about the same as the .25tcw diamond studs, are actually a wee bit larger). But I think I don't wear them becuase they're fake, LOL! I am apparantly a snob.
9.gif
They also are set in the bezels that are tube shaped, as opposed to the martini style.

Come to think of it, I've never worn CZs. Even as a teenager. It was always sterling and semiprecious stones then. Odd.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:51:01 PM
I just lost by 6th pair of crystal bezel studs. I''m starting to get very concerned about my ability to retain the real thing.

If you don''t wear studs, what do you wear?
Oy! I have yet to lose an earring I cared about. I''ve lost some sterling hoops over the years, but those were no big deal. I think when you have the real thing, you''ll take good care of them! Those heavy friction backs are no joke either!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
By the way - you all rock for helping me sort this out.
1.gif

And tsav huggies... lordee.... those sound yum.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if it would be different if they were real. But... well, I''m really worried it won''t be. I''m not very good with my earrings and never have been.
40.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:02:54 PM
I was wondering if it would be different if they were real. But... well, I'm really worried it won't be. I'm not very good with my earrings and never have been.
40.gif
Aw. Hmmm. Are you just not an earring person? Can you get in the habit of taking them off and putting them in the same place every day?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I love earrings, those and rings are my most common jewelry I wear. I don''t put them anywhere NEAR the same place everyday though. In fact, I have 5 spots I keep them in, and my newest ones are no place to be found! I don''t like sleeping with them at all, and fidget with them after a while and need to take them off. Happens with my rings too. My wedding band is the only one I can keep on 24/7. The others bug me after several hours.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Or Green Grossular Garnets. Whatever. Green sparkle bits.

tsavmockdani.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I took my rings off over the weekend visiting my sister and she looked at me like I''d cut my hand off. I''m not used to wearing them that long, LOL! Everything comes off and goes into the crystal jewelry dish or the jewelry box as soon as I get home. Even the wedding ring.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:16:31 PM
9.gif

Or Green Grossular Garnets. Whatever. Green sparkle bits.
23.gif
9.gif
31.gif
27.gif
WANT.

oooh.... sapphires.... oooh....

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Those would be pretty too... Also citrines or spessessssss

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:18:55 PM
Hmmmm. ETA: Orange and yellow look odd next to my skin.

I think it's an offhand comment the DH made about bezels being weird for the main peircing that has me wondering too, LOL. I don't want him to look at my ears with an odd look all the time.
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:20:05 PM

Hmmmm.

I think it's an offhand comment the DH made about bezels being weird for the main peircing that has me wondering too, LOL. I don't want him to look at my ears with an odd look all the time.
9.gif

Well that's just nonsense. Do you have a local place you can look at/try .5ctw bezels? I'm torn on them between loving the simplicity and being bored by the simplicity.

Oh oh! Maybe milgrain them! Like Widget's amazing bezel studs?
nxvc.jpg

ETA: Ok, let's stay in the red/blue/green saturated range. (ps, me too. Cannon wear.)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:21:55 PM

Date: 4/7/2009 4:20:05 PM

Hmmmm.

9.gif

Well that's just nonsense. Do you have a local place you can look at/try .5ctw bezels? I'm torn on them between loving the simplicity and being bored by the simplicity.

Oh oh! Maybe milgrain them! Like Widget's amazing bezel studs?

ETA: Ok, let's stay in the red/blue/green saturated range. (ps, me too. Cannon wear.)
I can try to sneak into Tiffany's and try some on. Sometimes they look askance at my hair.
9.gif
I'll have to dress respectably.

ETA: The color thing sucks too - I love SPESS!!!

ETAA: No milgrain... I'm more of a modern/sleek look girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results