carat
color
clarity

Some Day I Might Enjoy Fireworks

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1436183524|3899420 said:
ame|1436145801|3899339 said:
I despise them. The sound is like nails on a chalkboard. And I have several combat vet friends who I know get freaked by them and of course no one is going to be thoughtful of that.

I know ame and totally agree. I was just thinking about this the other day. How people suffering from PTSD must feel during the whole fireworks display and how the noise must affect them. And how it seems no one really cares. People are so selfish and thoughtless it really boggles the mind.

Yes, exactly. I personally love fireworks and everything that goes with them, and I always have. But DH is a combat vet and suffers from some PTSD, and he despises them. I no longer advocate to go to 4th of July events with him because the sound just bothers him so much, and I'm fine with that. On Saturday night we were laying in bed watching TV and we could hear fireworks outside, and he said "I hope it stops soon, it's scary." It was heart-wrenching to hear him say that because DH is tough as nails and generally isn't afraid of anything.

I wish there was a lot more consideration for people like him.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I used to enjoy them. Until I moved to the city and people in my neighborhood start setting them off, at all hours of the day and night, for weeks BEFORE and AFTER July 4th. Where I live they are illegal, so it especially bothers me when they are close to my home. I actually went out and had a bit of an "altercation" with my downstairs neighbor on Saturday because he and his family were outside on OUR property setting them off. I repeatedly told them that they are illegal and that we cannot have them on our property. They didn't seem to care, so I kicked them into the alley. After I threatened to call the police on them they took them elsewhere and cleaned up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results