shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping Horror Stories - AKA Bad Shipper! Bad Shipper!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had any bad shipping experiences lately? Anything that made you think that next time, you'll just walk across the company and pick up that package in person, thanyouverymuch? Any major misses or near misses?

I've had a few that left me shaking my head, though fortunately all turned out well. An experience that played out this week really left me :doh: :roll: .

My boyfriend had already told me that he'd ordered me a down parka for my birthday. As it happened I was at his house when the big box arrived a few days after my birthday, so we opened it together.

It was obvious that the big box had somehow opened during shipping, and had been very sloppily and ineffectively taped closed in transit. When we opened the box it seemed obvious why... even though it was packed very loosely in a plastic bag, not compressed at all, the coat took up only about one-fourth of the volume of the rather large cardboard box. It looked as if the remainder of the box had been filled with nothing but air, so it was no surprise that the box might have opened when it was stacked with heavier boxes, or thrown about. What was surprising was the second box we found packed in with my parka. It was a small cube measuring about 6X6X6 inches.

Here's the kicker - that second box was did not come from the same place my coat came from, and it was being shipped to someone else, at an address a town or two over! We figure the box must have tumbled in with my coat when the box being sent to us popped open in transit, and no one noticed it when they hastily taped "my" box shut.

It took the BF about three tries to explain the situation to the good folks at UPS and to get them to come out and pick up the stray package.

And no, we didn't peek in the smaller box! ;-) :lol:

Your turn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results