shape
carat
color
clarity

Shameless Bragging

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Feel free to brag about anything. I've been holding in some news, but I'm about to burst, and I can't tell co-workers and/or friends on FB, for fear of upsetting them, because a lot of my FB friends are parents of kids the same age as mine.....

So, here it is. I have 2 extremely bright kids, and both of them excel at school, and qualified for the GATE (Gifted and Talented Educaton) program this year! I could not be a prouder mama :razz:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats proud Mama... :!: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful Jaysonsmom! And a big pat on the back to you cause you're why they are so amazing! It takes a loving and supportive family to raise great kids so good for you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome!

I'm getting published! It's just a small story in a local magazine, but it's my first and I'm pumped. And I'm using it to apply to grad school for creative writing, so it's nice to have one piece edited and ready.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1359425012|3365994 said:
That's awesome!

I'm getting published! It's just a small story in a local magazine, but it's my first and I'm pumped. And I'm using it to apply to grad school for creative writing, so it's nice to have one piece edited and ready.

Wow, that's great Princess!! Way to go!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Princess! That's quite an accomplishment!

Good for your kids jaysonsmom, that's terrific!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYYYY jaysonsmom and Princess! Congrats to you both! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Great thread BTW jaysonsmom - much needed!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to both of you! Actually, congratulations to Jayson and his brother? and to Princess! I know JaysonsMom, you want to take the credit, but thats something they really did themselves, so even bigger Yay!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both! Princess, what type of short story is it? Have you thought of self publishing on Amazon?

I started my first day as an "official" employee at the job I've been temping at for the last 6 months. They liked me enough to match my salary requirements (after some negotiation) and to re-locate the job to Nor. Cal. so I don't have to move to Seattle. I'm really happy as I finally have a job where most days I think "I like my job!"

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to all three of you! Wonderful accomplishments!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is certainly something to be proud of Jaysonsmom - Congrats to you and your kids - keep up the great work!!!

Princess-- WOOT WOOT!! A published author!!! TOOO COOOL FOR SCHOOL!!! :appl: VERY impressive :appl:

Gypsy - I'm so glad that you found a great position in a location you wanted and a salary that works for you!! I'm hoping your DH now gets to stay where he is and he can also move up, too...???

I have nothing to brag about but I think little Lily MAY be stretching her version of 'sleeping thru the night' up to about 5 hours! Its amazing how 5 hours seems like a long sleep now... oh... remind me again why I fell for the charms of a new puppy???? :roll:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Jaysonsmom, that's wonderful! :appl:
Princess, so exciting! You are a published author! :appl:
Gypsy, congrats on the new permanent job. It's so important to enjoy your work. :appl:
Enerchi, I'd sure celebrate 5 straight hours of sleep, in fact, I'm sure I did, about 17 and 14 years ago. :appl:

And speaking of the 14 and 17 year olds: 14 is also in GATE, and she brought home a beautiful progress report last week, AND she auditioned for, and was selected to our county's Middle School Honor Band! She worked very hard to be ready for that audition. :appl:
And, speaking of good grades, 17 year old did well on her exams last week, including a 100% on her English exam. She hates English class, so that's a double cause for celebration around here :appl: :appl:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Jaysonsmom, that is outstanding! Yay for amazing kids!

Princess, I am so envious! Writing is a secret dream of mine. Congrats!

Gypsy, sounds like you made quite an impression! Love that things are working out so well! Enjoy it!

Enerchi, that is definitely brag-worthy and reason to celebrate! Enjoy it!

KaeKae, sounds like your kiddos are thriving and succeeding! Love it!

Here's mine. I worked my butt off and lost just over 100 lbs. in 2012. I changed my life, my habits and my health. I became a Zumba instructor, which absolutely terrified me! My kids are making healthier choices. My husband is training to run his first 5K. Several friends have started going to fitness classes and gyms so they can improve their lives. I still have about 30 lbs. to go but I will get there in 2013. I will never go back to feeling the way I did one year ago. Onward!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Purplesparklies - WOW! That is incredible! You must be so proud! If you can do that you can do anything. Well done!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1359432325|3366135 said:
Here's mine. I worked my butt off and lost just over 100 lbs. in 2012. I changed my life, my habits and my health. I became a Zumba instructor, which absolutely terrified me! My kids are making healthier choices. My husband is training to run his first 5K. Several friends have started going to fitness classes and gyms so they can improve their lives. I still have about 30 lbs. to go but I will get there in 2013. I will never go back to feeling the way I did one year ago. Onward!
please post some before and after pics.. ;))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1359427971|3366036 said:
Congratulations to both of you! Actually, congratulations to Jayson and his brother? and to Princess! I know JaysonsMom, you want to take the credit, but thats something they really did themselves, so even bigger Yay!!
Actually Jayson has a little sister, Lolo. The only credit I can take is that I contributed to half their DNA!

Awesome achievements everyone,keep them coming!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very impressive purplesparklies!! You've really taken charge of your health :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm in awe!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations purplesparklies! You are awesome!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Everyone has such good reason to be bragging - from genius children to amazing weight loss, PS is full of awesome people!!

I don't have any bragging rights at the moment. But I'll definitely remember this thread when I *do* have a stellar life moment! :wink2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can show off without repercussions?? :)
I turned in one of my grad schools apps, and lingered around a bit. The staff apparently filed my app immediately, and saw me while walking down the hallway I was loitering, and said, "you have a REALLY high GRE score.." in a shocked expression. I couldn't get him to squeeze more info out to me about my chances or my competition, but I'm very happy to have earned that comment! I'm sure he broke a rule somewhere by telling me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1359454527|3366266 said:
Everyone has such good reason to be bragging - from genius children to amazing weight loss, PS is full of awesome people!!

I don't have any bragging rights at the moment. But I'll definitely remember this thread when I *do* have a stellar life moment! :wink2:

Ginger, I think you are amazing and totally deserve bragging rights for all you do for the rescue animals. So I just want to say YAY to you and all that you do for the animals!!!! You are a lovely person and a hero in my (and the animals) eyes!!!!

Congrats on your new job Gypsy!!! Woohoo!!!!

Congrats to you purplesparklies-that's not easy and good for you!!!!

Madelise that's impressive! We have a smart and wonderful bunch of people at PS that's for sure!! :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1359458817|3366283 said:
justginger|1359454527|3366266 said:

Ginger, I think you are amazing and totally deserve bragging rights for all you do for the rescue animals. So I just want to say YAY to you and all that you do for the animals!!!! You are a lovely person and a hero in my (and the animals) eyes!!!!

Congrats on your new job Gypsy!!! Woohoo!!!!

Congrats to you purplesparklies-that's not easy and good for you!!!!

Madelise that's impressive! We have a smart and wonderful bunch of people at PS that's for sure!! :appl:

You are so kind, Missy. Thank you. :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy! I'm not smart at all, just a determines and hard worker :) I hate it when people use the "I'm not smart" excuse in life. Dedication and will power can move mountains.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1359464908|3366309 said:
Thanks Missy! I'm not smart at all, just a determines and hard worker :) I hate it when people use the "I'm not smart" excuse in life. Dedication and will power can move mountains.
Hard work and determination usually trumps inherent intelligence, that is why I try not to make a big deal about my kids getting into the Gate program. Especially when they are around. I had a cousin who scored a perfect SAT score and almost perfect GMAT, but then sat at home and did nothing with his life for 10 years after his MBA, because he didn't want to work his way up a corporate ladder,he was waiting for someone to hand him an executive role due to his brains.....

KUDOS for your hard work Madelise! I respect that a lot.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is such an awesome thread! Congratulations to everyone!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1359433427|3366157 said:
minousbijoux|1359427971|3366036 said:
Actually Jayson has a little sister, Lolo. The only credit I can take is that I contributed to half their DNA!

Awesome achievements everyone,keep them coming!

Congratulations to your children! You did more than contribute half their DNA...you're there to support & nurture them and that is a HUGE deal.

I guess I can also do a small brag about one of my kids. I've had to keep this to myself, but my younger son just tested four grades higher than his grade level in reading/vocab. At the beginning of the year, he was two grades ahead, so he's significantly improving. ETA - my other son is already in an advanced program and the younger one will be tested for that in the spring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results