shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Wardrobe Advice

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be going to TPC Tournament this weekend in Jacksonville. Never been to a golf event in my life. I was wondering what outfit recommendations do you suggest for Friday-Sunday.

I''m all ears!

Thank you in advance,

Ms. Thomperchik
emsmile.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s the weather going to be like? Most country clubs have dress codes, regardless of whether you''re a member, guest, spectator, competitor, etc. So I''d look into what the standard is at the CC and combine that with the weather report. I think you''d be safe in khaki shorts, skirt or pants and a collared shirt. You know, typical golf wear.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My ex went to the Ryder cup at Valhalla, Louisville, KY last year and he mentioned that sometimes the pathways that moved the crowds from hole to hole were best climbed by a billy goat.

I''m not sure how Sawgrass is, but plan your entire outfit around comfortable shoes where you feet won''t slip out.

I personally would wear my tennis shoes, at-the-knee shorts, a thin frilly top, a lightweight sweater that can fit in your bag, and a cute hat.

Consider carrying a small backpack instead of a purse.

stellagolf.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 11:38:32 AM
Author: Starset Princess
My ex went to the Ryder cup at Valhalla, Louisville, KY last year and he mentioned that sometimes the pathways that moved the crowds from hole to hole were best climbed by a billy goat.

I''m not sure how Sawgrass is, but plan your entire outfit around comfortable shoes where you feet won''t slip out.
Yes! Having attended the Phoenix Open a number of times without appropriate footwear, I can attest to the fact that getting from hole to hole is nearly impossible in flip flops. Make sure your shoes are comfortable, sturdy, and have some traction, or you will be falling all over the place.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the sturdy footwear. I go to the Memorial every year, and would also recommend sunscreen and LOTS of it. You''ll more than likely want to be close to the greens, and they don''t always have cover. I typically wear a golf skort since you''ll also probably be sitting in the grass a decent amount, and a lightweight collard top. If you''re going to be hanging out in more of a social/clubhouse setting, you''ll be fine in a sundress.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results