shape
carat
color
clarity

Second lot of foster puppies- this time 9!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So tomorrow I'm picking up 9, yes that's not a typo, 9 puppies. They are apparently very young and are being rejected by their mother. They are staffy x's and a mixture if boys/girls. I don't have much more info than that for now. I'll go pick them up from the shelter tomorrow and see what's what.

. I'm happy to do my bit and find the experience very rewarding once its over. In hindsight its always great. But I have to say I'm always pretty nervous until I see them. Like looking down the barrel of a gun. I have my fingers crossed they'll be eating real food by now otherwise it's a whole different and time consuming enterprise.

The biggest challenges I faced last time was keeping them contained and cool. It was mid summer when I has the last lot with temps above 30c and as they were heelers which are very clever and industrious. Thankfully staffy, whilst lovely and lively, aren't the sharpest tools in the box as a rule. And we're back to mid 20s now which is much more doable.

Right I am off for a nice long bath- it may be the last one I have time for! For now anyways. Don't worry I will shower just not luxurious hot baths.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Thank you for helping all NINE of them out! Can't wait for pictures and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they're easier than the too smart heelers! :cheeky:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1365427378|3422553 said:
9? :-o that sounds like a handful! Good luck!

So will there be an extra 9 at high tea? :cheeky:

:shock: 9. Eek!

When we were still fostering dogs (before they ran my poor arthritic great dane into the ground), we had ONE puppy. And boy was potty training a whole barrel of fun. Nothing made me feel more special than a furry little body trailing wee across the floor out of pure excitement to see me. :lol:

Lots of photos, Chel - I LOVE staffies with their big boofy heads. :love:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how sweet! You're awesome! :) If the staffys are like my bro's bully breed - they'll be very sweet and very bite-y! :) Need chewy toys! :cheeky:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Three black, one brindle and five tan. The haven't been still enough to find out their sexes tho!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quick snaps from the shelter pen. These are the guys that are coming home with me. Thankfully they are apparently just onto solid food that makes a big difference. Formulae is a nightmare. By solid food I mean the soaked puppy stuff.

_5275.jpg

_5276.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness, all that cute!!! I can smell their puppyness from here :)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Oh squeeeee! I want that black one with the white blaze on its chest, so gorgeous rolling on his back!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got them home this afternoon and they are now in a puppy pen in the back garden. On the ride back they were in two separate crates, as one wasn't big enough for all 9. The pups in box one were absolutely silent and just laid down and went to sleep. The pups in box to seems to have included all the troublemakers- There were three than wined and rattled the cage the whole trip home. These are the ones that I think are gonna give me the headache.

They are very young, only 5 weeks. They were rejected by their mother. They are super cute and their movement is still stuttering. They have been very quite this afternoon, mostly sleeping and getting over the ordeal of the car ride and move to their new hotel. They haven't eaten much but I made sure to check each one had a bit even if not much. Maybe I am expecting them to eat more than they are meant too. The last puppies I had were both older and a bigger breed. Next week I need to take them for their first inoculations and microchip insertion etc.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a few snaps from the pen to give you all your daily full of cuteness. More tomorrow

_5278.jpg

_5279.jpg

_5280.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWWWWWW those are some adorable little pups! Look at their roly poly bellies! I hope the troublemakers aren't too naughty! Thanks for posting pics!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! They are so precious!!! Thank you for doing this chel!!! Big hugs to you and to those darling puppies!!! :love: :love: :love:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is NOT helping my puppy lust. Not even a little bit.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1365427378|3422553 said:
9? :-o that sounds like a handful! Good luck!

So will there be an extra 9 at high tea? :cheeky:

Haha. First thing I did when asked if I could take them was ring hubby and ask if he would babysit sunday afternoon so I could still do high tea. Of course he said yes. Good man ;-)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So hubby and I have gone to bed at 8pm so we can hide in our bedroom away from the puppies. We have heard a few squeaks but nothing too much. They arent anywhere as lively as the last lots of pups. Hopefully they will sleep thru the night. Otherwise I'll have to camp on the sofa near them and give hubby some earplugs (hes gotta get up early in the morning)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
they are so cute! it's very wonderful of you to do this for those puppies~~ :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, they are just so adorable!! :love: It's so great of you to do this, it's obviously a lot of work - if I lived near you I would come over and help you!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
How did it go thru the night? DH brought home a heap of earplugs for me.. I can bring some on Sunday for you if you want? :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think you are going to need a bigger yard/house! :bigsmile: Tres adorable! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1365521787|3423273 said:
Oh my gosh, they are just so adorable!! :love: It's so great of you to do this, it's obviously a lot of work - if I lived near you I would come over and help you!
Thanks June. I wish you lived near me too. I would mind another pair of hands around here! I'm thinking of opening a pay in kind petting zoo. Come a pet a puppy for the price one feeding duty. Think ill have many takers?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1365551014|3423623 said:
How did it go thru the night? DH brought home a heap of earplugs for me.. I can bring some on Sunday for you if you want? :cheeky:
Actually they were great! They were quiet all night. They woke us up at about 5am but we got sleep from 10pm so really good really. They were super hungry and balling at the top of their lungs. That was quite an alarm call! But I'm really pleased they were so interested in their food as they didn't eat much yesterday.
They are so young that they are asleep again already. I've had staffy puppies to look after before from friends and family and they a are sprinters not marathon runners. They have little spurts of really high energy activity for about 15mins then spend they snooze for the next couple of hours.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1365554085|3423674 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1365551014|3423623 said:
Actually they were great! They were quiet all night. They woke us up at about 5am but we got sleep from 10pm so really good really. They were super hungry and balling at the top of their lungs. That was quite an alarm call! But I'm really pleased they were so interested in their food as they didn't eat much yesterday.
They are so young that they are asleep again already. I've had staffy puppies to look after before from friends and family and they a are sprinters not marathon runners. They have little spurts of really high energy activity for about 15mins then spend they snooze for the next couple of hours.

Exactly. I'd take 9 bull breed puppies over even 3 working dog puppies any day. You really started with the hardest ones, they broke you in! :lol:

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so cute!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love the little puppies! Thanks for sharing lots of pictures and for doing such wonderful work with them!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear gawd -- I'm DYING here!

You have nine -- count 'em NINE!!!!!!!! -- puppies, and I have NONE... ;(

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1365645504|3424470 said:
Oh dear gawd -- I'm DYING here!

You have nine -- count 'em NINE!!!!!!!!) puppies, and I have NONE... ;(
If you want to hop on a flight I can offer a rental service?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results