shape
carat
color
clarity

Second lot of foster puppies- this time 9!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1365645551|3424472 said:
Dee*Jay|1365645504|3424470 said:
Oh dear gawd -- I'm DYING here!

You have nine -- count 'em NINE!!!!!!!!) puppies, and I have NONE... ;(
If you want to hop on a flight I can offer a rental service?

Be careful what you offer, I will turn up on your doorstep for an adorable lot like these!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh lordy, these pics are killing me!!! Sooo cute! I want to play with them right now!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1365645723|3424474 said:
chel180|1365645551|3424472 said:
Dee*Jay|1365645504|3424470 said:
Oh dear gawd -- I'm DYING here!

You have nine -- count 'em NINE!!!!!!!!) puppies, and I have NONE... ;(
If you want to hop on a flight I can offer a rental service?

Be careful what you offer, I will turn up on your doorstep for an adorable lot like these!

Please come! I could use another set of hands. Its impossible to play with all 9 at once. And which ever ones aren't being actively petted squeal their heads off or start chewing thru my trouser legs.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! So cute!!!!

:love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So today has been a trying day. The pups have all got upset tummies. I'm sure it's just the trauma of moving here and we've been transiting them onto a different puppy food. I feed what the refuse gives me. Not to mention that they haven't seen grass before and so have been eating quite a bit of it.

They all seem very lively in themselves though. Eating And drinking well. Happy and wanting to play. So I'm not worried. But it is an additional headache on top. I love doing my bit but gosh I'm tired! And it's only day 2! They are darlings but very demanding when awake and so people focused. They don't play amongst them selves much they all want to play with me or dh for every second they are awake.

It's just starting raining so I had to rush outside and move as much of the the pen as possible under the gazabo thing. I used old Bed sheets to create a canopy over the rest. It's still 27c outside so it's not the end of the world if they do get wet. Could have used some rain earlier to cool them down. It got up to 35c around lunch. In fact I only turned the fan off about an hour ago!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1365672512|3424603 said:
So today has been a trying day. The pups have all got upset tummies. I'm sure it's just the trauma of moving here and we've been transiting them onto a different puppy food. I feed what the refuse gives me. Not to mention that they haven't seen grass before and so have been eating quite a bit of it.

They all seem very lively in themselves though. Eating And drinking well. Happy and wanting to play. So I'm not worried. But it is an additional headache on top. I love doing my bit but gosh I'm tired! And it's only day 2! They are darlings but very demanding when awake and so people focused. They don't play amongst them selves much they all want to play with me or dh for every second they are awake.

It's just starting raining so I had to rush outside and move as much of the the pen as possible under the gazabo thing. I used old Bed sheets to create a canopy over the rest. It's still 27c outside so it's not the end of the world if they do get wet. Could have used some rain earlier to cool them down. It got up to 35c around lunch. In fact I only turned the fan off about an hour ago!

It is very hard work, I can understand being worn out after only a couple of days. Our SAFE carers usually have litters split when they're that big - 4 with one carer, 5 with another. Taking on the whole litter is a big challenge, you're doing great.

I'm actually impressed that the Dogs' Home is giving you anything in terms of food. I pay for all of my own fosters' food and litter, which (with 13 cats in the house) is running very high at the moment. I refuse to feed my fosters any of the chum (literally) that the general public donates. It's akin to feeding foster children a diet of only fast food. It's not so bad when they're dogs and pooping outside - when they're cats, it needs to be premium food or the house reeks. :knockout:

I'll grab all the spare newspapers in the tea room tomorrow, and also any of the free community/express type ones in the hospital as well. :))

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Dh just asked if we can have one. Ha ha :) somehow I don't think one would fit on the bed with the rest of us when he got bigger though. I can't believe they are only 5 weeks. :-o

You know Kaitlin would love to come play and wear them out, right? :)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
justginger|1365676598|3424611 said:
It is very hard work, I can understand being worn out after only a couple of days. Our SAFE carers usually have litters split when they're that big - 4 with one carer, 5 with another. Taking on the whole litter is a big challenge, you're doing great.

I'm actually impressed that the Dogs' Home is giving you anything in terms of food. I pay for all of my own fosters' food and litter, which (with 13 cats in the house) is running very high at the moment. I refuse to feed my fosters any of the chum (literally) that the general public donates. It's akin to feeding foster children a diet of only fast food. It's not so bad when they're dogs and pooping outside - when they're cats, it needs to be premium food or the house reeks. :knockout:

I'll grab all the spare newspapers in the tea room tomorrow, and also any of the free community/express type ones in the hospital as well. :))

I ask the shelter to provide food. I only take the pups for a few weeks each time and I dont want to mess around changing their foods. It upsets their tummies each time so I like to keep it consistent. The brand they use is one of the better commercially available too. Also most charities will receive the food from the manufacturers for free or at least at cost, so I'd rather get the food from the shelter and leave them the price of a bag as a donation than go buy it myself from the shops. That way the charity gets a few more $$$'s.

And as many newspapers as possible would be fabulous. I'm not leaving the house much as you can imagine so my newspaper collecting opportunities are few and far between.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1365686211|3424671 said:
Dh just asked if we can have one. Ha ha :) somehow I don't think one would fit on the bed with the rest of us when he got bigger though. I can't believe they are only 5 weeks. :-o

You know Kaitlin would love to come play and wear them out, right? :)

You and Kaitlin would be very welcome for a playdate any time you like! All 9 at once is quite a handful so be careful what you offer!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

_5356.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
PUPPY PILE! So amazingly cute! I bet they're wearing you out, you poor thing!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1365731767|3425180 said:
justginger|1365676598|3424611 said:

I ask the shelter to provide food. I only take the pups for a few weeks each time and I dont want to mess around changing their foods. It upsets their tummies each time so I like to keep it consistent. The brand they use is one of the better commercially available too. Also most charities will receive the food from the manufacturers for free or at least at cost, so I'd rather get the food from the shelter and leave them the price of a bag as a donation than go buy it myself from the shops. That way the charity gets a few more $$$'s.

And as many newspapers as possible would be fabulous. I'm not leaving the house much as you can imagine so my newspaper collecting opportunities are few and far between.

Good idea keeping them all on the same stuff - I didn't realize you were fostering on a temporary basis, I thought they were with you until they were adopted. Best not to chop and change for puppy holidays. :))

Sadly, most animals charities don't get food supplied directly from the manufacturers, at free or cost. The only ones that I know of are the RSPCA (a waste of space, that organization is), Dogs' Home, and Cat Haven. All of the others - SAFE, 9 Lives, APS, Greyhound Angels, PAWS, K9, Best Friends, etc, etc don't get any of their food, wormers, litter, flea treatments provided at any sort of discounted rate. Animal rescue is not a particularly cheap endeavor except for the Big 3 of Perth.

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
They are super cute :appl: ! Have you figured out which are boys and girls yet? We had a half and half split with our foster kittens 3 girls and 3 boys and lets just say you could tell the boys were boys even at 2 weeks.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Justginger|1365734885|3425220 said:
Good idea keeping them all on the same stuff - I didn't realize you were fostering on a temporary basis, I thought they were with you until they were adopted. Best not to chop and change for puppy holidays.

Sadly, most animals charities don't get food supplied directly from the manufacturers, at free or cost. The only ones that I know of are the RSPCA (a waste of space, that organization is), Dogs' Home, and Cat Haven. All of the others - SAFE, 9 Lives, APS, Greyhound Angels, PAWS, K9, Best Friends, etc, etc don't get any of their food, wormers, litter, flea treatments provided at any sort of discounted rate. Animal rescue is not a particularly cheap endeavor except for the Big 3 of Perth.

I have them from the time they are weaned from mum or abandoned until they go up for adoption. Usually thats 2-4weeks depending on circumstances. They are adopted from the refuse not my house.

Regarding free food thats such a shame. When I was in the trade we gave thousands of dollars worth of pet food away to charities. Stuff that was only artwork or would go out of date before it could be sold. But if thats not the case here then at least the aussie charities should get it tax free. When I take these lot back I'll leave another cheque for donation.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
The sleeping puppy picture is priceless. Such sweet innocent faces!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
SomethingSinful|1365803683|3425790 said:
They are super cute :appl: ! Have you figured out which are boys and girls yet? We had a half and half split with our foster kittens 3 girls and 3 boys and lets just say you could tell the boys were boys even at 2 weeks.

Sometimes I can tell very early - and sometimes what I see changes dramatically over the course of a month or so. I've even had 'girls' come back after desexing with paperwork stating they were actually boys. Rather unimpressive boys, I'd say. :lol:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
we've got 6 girls and 3 boys x

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
PUPPIES!!!!!

They're adorable, thank you for sharing!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Funny thing one of the pups did this evening. One grabbed the tail of its brother and was tugging it. He was pulling him all over the patio. The one being tugged didn't seem overly bothered just a bit surprised he was moving without trying to so we left them to it. It was funny. One blurry photo was the best I could do whilst giggling

_5393.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that is hilarious and adorable!!! Who needs a TV when you have silly pets to entertain you?!!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
justginger|1365842731|3426098 said:
SomethingSinful|1365803683|3425790 said:

Sometimes I can tell very early - and sometimes what I see changes dramatically over the course of a month or so. I've even had 'girls' come back after desexing with paperwork stating they were actually boys. Rather unimpressive boys, I'd say. :lol:
:lol: Our First foster litter was 3 orange ones and everyone assumed they were boys :nono: so Quincy became Quinn, Theo became Theodora, and Henry became Henrietta

chel180|1365846112|3426101 said:
we've got 6 girls and 3 boys x
dawww! Is the brindle a boy or a girl? I adore brindles. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results