shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring is here!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
MZ, VRBeauty, Maisie, Dee*Jay, Circe, iLander, thank you!!!

Where is Laurie? Laurie needs to see this.

CAVEAT, if I can't get the real camera, there will be no pictures of my hand- I took pictures of my hand with my iPhone and it looked like a corpspe that had been submerged in water! iPhone. just. will. not. cut. it.

I'm glad you all enjoyed my pictures. SO took the first set. I took these.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1338991364|3210319 said:
Very beautiful!

Isn't it nice to know that it really doesn't get any better, in the jewelry world, than this? Cartier is respected by kings and queens, for generations.

Lovely.

I recognize the flip-flop from your aunt, another treasure.

ILander, thanks for noticing that. Yes, that's the pendant that was found in my late aunt's possessions that I knew nothing about- it's one of my favorite things.

I chose this ring because Cartier was the only company that made what I wanted but I'm glad it could be such a well respected company and they didn't disappoint me in any way.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
What a classy, beautiful ring, Danny!

Wear it in good health and lots of happiness :)

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your wonderful new ring--so happy for you! (love Cartier gold) Handshots please!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Coati!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, Danny! I agree with Jennifer and Circe, the thing I also love most is how excited you are about it. Your happiness comes through loud and clear and that's fun to see. Almost giddy, I'd say. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee!!! Sorry I'm late to this - but Danny, its BEAUTIFUL!!! So lovely and classic- a timeless choice for a wonderful person! I love the series - box, box and charm.... then the angel was soooo sweet! That is my favourite (well, I do like that little red box....!)

I hope you can get the REAL camera so we can get handshots - you know its mandatory on PS and we'd hate to have to kick you out! ;)) (:lol: :lol: :lol: ) BUt I hear what you are saying with the iphone - I think I look even worse than normal, too! Fingers crossed we'll have more photos from you :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Zoe and Enerchi!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
danny, i blame you for my new discovered lust for a Cartier 4mm gold band........... :mrgreen:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
That's going to bring a smile to your face every time you see it :) Its lovely, and so are your pics. Best of all is how happy it makes you!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1339024504|3210774 said:
What a classy, beautiful ring, Danny!

Wear it in good health and lots of happiness :)

Thank you, AN!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1339081128|3211178 said:
danny, i blame you for my new discovered lust for a Cartier 4mm gold band........... :mrgreen:

I got mine new and I recommend it. It's amazing how perfect the finish is, how beautiful the alloy is, even the weighted box (like a chess piece) with its solid locking mechanism is luxurious- I don't regret choosing it at all. The ring is substantial, exquisitely designed, surprisingly heavy (18kt gold is very heavy as you know). I'd get it used, or just get it new if you can. Cartier's gold bands are a bargain. You think I'm joking. My ring was less than it would have been at Tiffany's, I've been monitoring prices for a long time, and Cartier's gold bands have been consistently priced lower than Tiffany's as prices have increased. I don't want to talk about the price of my ring but you can see it at the site. I'm betting the price of this ring is going rise by a good 50% in the next few years. If you do it, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1339094504|3211315 said:
That's going to bring a smile to your face every time you see it :) Its lovely, and so are your pics. Best of all is how happy it makes you!

Thank you, Laughinggravy0!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Exquisite indeed! Handshots please! Won't judge, I promise. :))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
mogster|1339111532|3211476 said:
Exquisite indeed! Handshots please! Won't judge, I promise. :))

Thank you, mogster! That's very kind! Please let me get the real camera and see what I can get and make a decision after that. The iPhone shots were incredibly hideous. And I'm not being vain. That just didn't look like my hand. It was just a creepy blob of light. :cheeky:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, as is your excitement over getting this piece!

Please post in the gargantuan Gold Thread in the Jewelry pieces forum. As yellow gold lovers, we would love to see more photos there.

Congrats! :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, thank you! I will do that. We yellow gold lovers have to stick together! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny, I'm thrilled for you!! :appl: It's gorgeous, just so classic and timeless and perfect! :love: I even love the box :sun: And as others have said, the best part is how darn happy and excited you are over it! I wish you health and happiness as you wear and enjoy your beautiful new ring!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Junebug! I hope you're enjoying your beautiful ring! I love looking at it in your new avatar!

SO and I are very happy this worked out because I've never worn jewelry, I didn't know how it would fit, and I'm notorious for rejecting things (much less as I get older, lol!).

I might be the only the member of PS who's ever wanted to do a reveal thread at Hangout instead of SMTB but I will make up for that. SO forgot his camera but that's my fault. I was supposed to send him a text to remind him. He has so many things to think about but he wants to help me with this. I hope we'll be able to get more pictures next week. I'd would want to see more pictures too if it were me if I'm being honest. Speaking of which, I'd like to see more pictures of your ring someday. :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm coming back to the party late! Beautiful ring, beautiful photos, beautiful box!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1339282575|3212802 said:
Thank you, Junebug! I hope you're enjoying your beautiful ring! I love looking at it in your new avatar!

SO and I are very happy this worked out because I've never worn jewelry, I didn't know how it would fit, and I'm notorious for rejecting things (much less as I get older, lol!).

I might be the only the member of PS who's ever wanted to do a reveal thread at Hangout instead of SMTB but I will make up for that. SO forgot his camera but that's my fault. I was supposed to send him a text to remind him. He has so many things to think about but he wants to help me with this. I hope we'll be able to get more pictures next week. I'd would want to see more pictures too if it were me if I'm being honest. Speaking of which, I'd like to see more pictures of your ring someday. :wavey:

Danny, you are so nice, thank you and I would like to post some better pics of my ring at some point, at the risk of boring everyone to death! :cheeky:

I was really glad to hear the size of your ring worked out perfectly - I know you had been concerned about that - so much easier when things like that fall into place!

You must be having the best time wearing your new ring! Somehow it just kind of brightens up the days, doesn't it? :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Now that's my definition of HANDSOME! :love: It will look amazing forever!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1339286607|3212831 said:
I'm coming back to the party late! Beautiful ring, beautiful photos, beautiful box!

Thank you, minousbijoux!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1339377954|3213449 said:
You must be having the best time wearing your new ring! Somehow it just kind of brightens up the days, doesn't it? :appl:

Yes! It's nice because this is only the 4th piece of gold I've had, two of the past 3 were used, and the 4th had a brushed surface. So it's nice and the fact it fits and everything is amazing. :))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Snicklefritz|1339378881|3213462 said:
Now that's my definition of HANDSOME! :love: It will look amazing forever!

Snicklefritz, what a nice thing to say! Thank you! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What's not to love? Cartier rules! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sharon! :wavey:

Do you have a Cartier ring? Which one(s) do you have?

I have a question about mine. There's a mark on the inside of the ring I can't see (it's too small for me to make out even the sun).

It might an assay mark. That's what I'm wondering. I'm also wondering (and my point is) whether my ring was made in New York or Paris? Not that it matters. I'm just curious.

The mark is the last of everything starting with "Cartier 750 C (in a circle) individual piece's serial number..."

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
could the C in a circle mean a trademark symbol?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1339558691|3215146 said:
Thanks, Sharon! :wavey:

Do you have a Cartier ring? Which one(s) do you have?

Yes Danny--I hve two rolling rings: one my DH bought me in Paris three weeks ago, it is white gold and black ceramic. It is very chic and I adore it! The other is all yellow gold with sapphires, rubies, and diamonds in each rolling band. It is a an Estate piece I purchased from Signed Pieces--a model no longer in production me thinks.

cheers--Sharon

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal....not to threadjack, since danny waited soooo long for his ring, but could you start a thread with that white gold/ceramic trinity? I'm in love with that ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results