shape
carat
color
clarity

Realistic bling wishlist for 2017

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LLJsmom you have to strike your VCA necklace off this list! yayyy!!!

Mine is...

1) VCA Onyx Magic earrings. Everytime I get close something comes up and knocks me back down the ladder- i feel like Sisyphus, from Greek mythology that was constantly rolling a boulder up the hill only to have it come right back down when he is right near the top. HA!

2) 1.5-1.75 CTW Diamond studs

3) An elongated moval right hand ring

...in that order. I always end up buying small things along the way then selling other things, but those are the *majors* that I really want to start working on.

I blame Phoenix for keeping my VCA obsession flames a flutter...and also for giving me a reason to buy lottery tickets every few weeks, as I truly covet your jeweler collection in a way that is mostly fun, and only sort of unhealthy :twisted: :saint: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1483118537|4110769 said:
Maybe nothing in 2017 as 2016 was good to me with the purchase of Mayk's sapphire eternity bands and DH surprised me with a IDJ tennis bracelet. I have been ogling the diamond stud thread and huggies, though, so . . . .

Nice!! :appl: Your DH is a keeper.

I've been ogling various bling threads and instagram pics too! :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1483125246|4110806 said:
1. Set my Jeff White's EC Aqua with his Morganite traps as side stones
2. Re-set my mum's 1.8ct+ MRB in a convertible ring/pendant setting
3. Go Paraiba hunting with mochiko42 when I visit Hong Kong in Nov/Dec
4. Set some of the CSs I have already purchased

That should do it.

DK :))

I love Jeff White's EC's; they're the bees knees!

OOoh, I can't wait to see the final products.

(Btw, I'm thinking I might like to join you ladies in HK. May I?).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483132592|4110852 said:
Phoenix|1483110861|4110713 said:
LLJsmom|1483078385|4110645 said:
A reset?
A VCA piece. Haven't decided yet.

That is pretty much it.

A reset for your new beautilicious stone? Which direction are you tending towards? Are you able to share some details yet?

VCA is so addictive!! **sigh**!! lol

Yeah Phoenix. VCA is addictive and easy, cause it's all fabulous. I am considering a vintage bracelet, if I can get over the size thing. I would love something I don't have to take off. The stone pieces all have to come off on a daily basis, but not the gold pieces. This is for a super lazy person.

My reset is hard. I am really happy with how it looks right now, with the bands from Victor. It looks gorgeous and I am so happy with it...if I can ONLY get over the prongs, and the super skinny shank, and the straight basket, and the shank that does not exactly match the bands, and my paranoia about the girdle being not protected. Geez, that's a lot. When I look at the unbelievable beauty that is my eternity band of single cuts from Victor, I think that I could just love a halo from him. But then what if it makes the center stone look darker?!

I have always loved the anne marie, my absolute first love of all of Victor's settings. But I realized IRL I like the bright cut pave setting more. So I was just thinking this might be an option, cause I love a round in a cushion halo. I know. I'm weird.
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/split-band-halo-solitaire

Then I consider a three stone, but then the balance of angles and proportions are so important for a three stone. What if it looks like a mush of sparkle? I know that a 3 stone is very ME. But would a halo be better? Or leave it as a solitaire, which would be the easy way out. But I am up for a change. And I still worry about the girdle. Yeah, I'm all over the place with this reset.

What size thing? Ack! about having to take a stone piece off!

Haha, you are all over the place about the settings...kind of like me and Holly. I keep thinking I'll keep her as she is and then I see m-2-be halo reset and I'm like, I want the extra finger coverage! :lol:

Why are you worried about the girdle? Are you particularly hard on your jewellery? I don't think so, right?

If you asked me, which I realise you're not!! haha :rodent: I'd think a 3-stone would be what you need, yes, need!! :twisted: You've mentioned it often enough. For some reason, I don't think you're a halo person.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1483184470|4111013 said:
After a long bling drought of not buying or particularly wanting anything (gasp!) I'm planning a fun dress/cocktail type ring for 2017. I've been on a year's maternity leave until now, so now that I'm back at work, I'll be saving my pennies for something glittery.

I'm hoping to find a pillowy shaped, fat/slightly rectangular cushion cut stone of some description, still unsure as to what, but I'd like a pastel shade of pink, peach or a mint or seafoam green. I'd set it in rose gold just for something different, but if I find the perfect yellow stone I'd do yellow gold, most likely. I've seen a setting I love, now to work backwards and find a suitable stone.

Well that didn't take long...I just purchased a pretty cushion tourmaline from the lovely Gary at Finewater :wink2: Now to decide on a setting!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm carrying over my wishlist from last year - a studs upgrade. We bought a new house in 2016 and small things like replacing the roof, bathroom, landscaping, cement, etc got in the way.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A moonstone pendant (has to be the perfect moonstone), and a Ruby and diamond Edwardian dinner ring.

Work has been good, so as long as the trend continues in 2017...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to set some of the stones I already have, and have the discipline to stop buying more stones and more settings..... Meanwhile I just purchased a couple more preloved settings I really like :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I said the same thing last year :angel:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1483145403|4110918 said:
I've pretty much gotten a few of the basics off of my wish list this year already (ACA upgrade + reset in VC halo, upgraded ACA studs). I would love to add another blingy VCA piece to my collection as well for 2017.

Can't wait to see what you add next to your amazing collection, Phoenix! :sun: Your annual thread on new pieces is always one of my favorite SMTB reveals for the year!

m-2-b, you've been super busy and I, for one, am very happy to see the results!! Your collection is now a blingstatic staple that any woman (aka me :naughty: ) would be very honoured to wear.

Which VCA piece are you thinking of, if I may ask? I keep pondering about a Carnelian Sweet bracelet and then got distracted by rings, earrings etc....truth be told, I'm seriously coveting the Magic pave pendant with the longer chain - I tried that on a few months ago and I was totally smitten! :love: (Yes, I do know that the prices vary tremendously between these pieces! :cheeky: ).

Wear all your pieces in great health and happiness, for many many many years to come!! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1483147404|4110925 said:
2017 will be blingless I hope. I am planning to save the downpayment for another house so I can hopefully earn passive income in the long run by renting it out.

I will hopefully be going to VCA in a few weeks and if I do end up liking one of the bracelets I may pick one up as my one exception for 2017.

Gosh, you've had a blingstatic 2016!! That should keep you satiated for a while, right?! =)

I do like the idea of passive income from renting out a house. DH and I have been toying with the idea too. I used to rent out rooms in my house in London to students for extra money; but not being located there now presents some practical difficulties. Is the passive income going to fund some of your bling?! :devil:

Oooh, I'd love to see which bracelet you pick up!! Wow, there are so many VCA lovers here... I guess, unsurprisingly!! :love: :lickout:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing on my wishlist for 2017!

We've just completed a huge renovation to our kitchen and family bathroom so now I'm focusing on updating and furnishing the rest of the house!

I just had to chime in and say you absolutely slay me, Phoenix darling! The bling you consider realistic is just out of this world!

I look forward to seeing what 2017 brings you! <3

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marquise_Madness|1483584408|4112500 said:

The huggies might still be available in PS Pre-Loved. Here's the link if you want to check it out. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/bgd-white-gold-huggies-t227750.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/bgd-white-gold-huggies-t227750.html[/URL]

I like the ring and pendant!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1483184470|4111013 said:
After a long bling drought of not buying or particularly wanting anything (gasp!) I'm planning a fun dress/cocktail type ring for 2017. I've been on a year's maternity leave until now, so now that I'm back at work, I'll be saving my pennies for something glittery.

I'm hoping to find a pillowy shaped, fat/slightly rectangular cushion cut stone of some description, still unsure as to what, but I'd like a pastel shade of pink, peach or a mint or seafoam green. I'd set it in rose gold just for something different, but if I find the perfect yellow stone I'd do yellow gold, most likely. I've seen a setting I love, now to work backwards and find a suitable stone.

:appl: Oooh, can't wait to see your dress/ cocktail ring! And how fun!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1483193300|4111032 said:
Nothing too crazy ... I just want to have my 5-stone ring made. I have the 5 OECs (two 4mm, two 4.7mm, one 5.7mm), and a couple designs in mind, but suffering analysis paralysis over some of the details. :???:

I love 5-stone rings! I know what you know mean about analysis paralysis!! :lol: I've been suffering from that regarding a few things!

How about posting a thread on here to ask for assistance?

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
mary poppins|1483587572|4112515 said:
Marquise_Madness|1483584408|4112500 said:

The huggies might still be available in PS Pre-Loved. Here's the link if you want to check it out. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/bgd-white-gold-huggies-t227750.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/bgd-white-gold-huggies-t227750.html[/URL]

I like the ring and pendant!

Yay, I'll have to think about those. I sadly don't have a job right now so my priority is covering household expenses, but those are a great deal.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my 2017 wishlist
1. 5ctw tennis bracelet
2. 2ctw studs
3. another VCA piece

Hopefully at least one of the three! :cheeky:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483071418|4110611 said:
Yeah, I know! Another one of those! ;)) :lol:

I'll start:

1. A dressy Franck Muller watch (not the Richard Mille, that's just toooo expensive) - shown below
2. Set my ten 44pts diamonds into a full tennis bracelet, will have to purchase the extra diamonds needed
3. Something Cartier or VCA (I have so many on my wishlist, but will have to be selective and judicious)
4. Perhaps...just perhaps..get another pair of earrings, or upgrade my existing BGD ones..we'll see...

Hehe, it's only 9 days into the new year and I'm already revising my list. So, in decreasing order of realisation/ wants:

1. A dressy watch, FM or something else (DF, would you like to weigh in, if you're reading this? I'd like a non-quartz, dressier watch that's not too big nor too small, a diameter of 40-44mm would be best. Thank you.)
2. VCA 5-motif WG pave Vintage Alhambra bracelet or Magic pendant (I'd like both eventually, but need to decide on one for this year)
3. Re-set Holly into a 6-double prong solitaire setting, but with diamond melee on prongs and shanks and stems...yeah, so basically diamonds all over! :naughty: Thinking of asking LM.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483078385|4110645 said:
A reset?
A VCA piece. Haven't decided yet.

That is pretty much it.

LLJsmom, you got some of your wishlist granted pretty fast! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1483333701|4111504 said:
LLJsmom you have to strike your VCA necklace off this list! yayyy!!!

Mine is...

1) VCA Onyx Magic earrings. Everytime I get close something comes up and knocks me back down the ladder- i feel like Sisyphus, from Greek mythology that was constantly rolling a boulder up the hill only to have it come right back down when he is right near the top. HA!

2) 1.5-1.75 CTW Diamond studs

3) An elongated moval right hand ring

...in that order. I always end up buying small things along the way then selling other things, but those are the *majors* that I really want to start working on.

I blame Phoenix for keeping my VCA obsession flames a flutter...and also for giving me a reason to buy lottery tickets every few weeks, as I truly covet your jeweler collection in a way that is mostly fun, and only sort of unhealthy :twisted: :saint: :love:

Yeah, I know what you mean!!

Hehe, I blame Boom for my VCA obsession (if you're reading this, Boom, I mean that in the nicest possible way, hehe!)...well, partly anyway! :lol:

dollyandjuli, you're too funny! If you're ever in this part of the world, give me a shout! It'd be nice to meet up and talk bling bling! And I truly do hope that you get the VCA Onyx earrings soon. I know you've been wanting them for a while. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Yes, LLJsmom! :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I HAVE to make some progress on my list this year! Planning to do a major visit to DK in March this year to do a few projects:

1. solid rose gold bangle to match my current yellow gold and silver bangles, so I have the color trifecta - great mix and match opportunities!

2. white gold diamond bangle - same circumference but narrower width to complete the bangle collection. I want to be able to add the diamond bangle to any and all groupings of the other three bangles to act as a sparkly detail. It will be a continuous circle of 5pt diamonds and just a 'line of sparkle' which I think will make the others stand out.

3. every day white gold and diamond necklace. 20" with 18 stations of 3pt/10pt/3pt leaf shapes

4. a memorial pendant for my three dogs who have died. This will be quite a complicated project as it will be a hollow teardrop shape with pear shaped diamonds inset, plus engraving.

5. set my 1.36ctw diamond studs into permanent IDJ 5pt halos

6. replace my rose gold charms on my yellow gold charm bracelet with yellow gold charms.

7. restring my double strand pearl bracelet to single strand. Have it re-knotted.

So all of the above is for March/April/May and will progress me considerably. Then later in the year, for my birthday -

8. complete a pearl and diamond pendant; 3 x .25 diamonds, 16mm AAA South Sea pearl from PP. A serious pendant!

9. and for Christmas - upgrade my cushion cut studs.

These are ALL setting projects, as I have all the stones required, and these will use up almost all my unset stones.

I still want to do 3 last rings; a 3.2ctw three a stone, a 5ct+ solitaire in an Emilya and a 2+ ctw graduated 5 stone ring - but they'll be next year (and the year after!)

Quiet year in 2016 - BIG year coming up. Yay!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483507465|4112170 said:
m-2-b|1483145403|4110918 said:
I've pretty much gotten a few of the basics off of my wish list this year already (ACA upgrade + reset in VC halo, upgraded ACA studs). I would love to add another blingy VCA piece to my collection as well for 2017.

Can't wait to see what you add next to your amazing collection, Phoenix! :sun: Your annual thread on new pieces is always one of my favorite SMTB reveals for the year!

m-2-b, you've been super busy and I, for one, am very happy to see the results!! Your collection is now a blingstatic staple that any woman (aka me :naughty: ) would be very honoured to wear.

Which VCA piece are you thinking of, if I may ask? I keep pondering about a Carnelian Sweet bracelet and then got distracted by rings, earrings etc....truth be told, I'm seriously coveting the Magic pave pendant with the longer chain - I tried that on a few months ago and I was totally smitten! :love: (Yes, I do know that the prices vary tremendously between these pieces! :cheeky: ).

Wear all your pieces in great health and happiness, for many many many years to come!! :appl:

Thanks, Phoenix! :wavey: I'm contemplating vintage pave Alhambra earclips which would match my VCA pendant. I like things matchy-matchy! :))

As for you, I was thinking you should seriously consider one of these magic Alhambra pieces which are bigger and bolder: :naughty:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/magic-alhambra/vcarn9mp00-magic-alhambra-necklace-6-motifs.html

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/magic-alhambra/vcarn9mq00-magic-alhambra-bracelet-5-motifs.html

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/magic-alhambra/vcarn9zr00-magic-alhambra-earclips.html

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483111422|4110717 said:
Snowdrop13|1483091182|4110659 said:
I know this is not very PS of me but I'm not sure I want any bling this year! Eventually I know I want some diamond drop earrings and a VCA Alhambra pendant (MOP or a blue stone, if one exists) but that's all. Maybe I've reached saturation point? Does such a thing exist??

Sacrilege!! :lol:

Hehe, j/k!! I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You want what you want...or not!!

Blue? I love love blue Sèvres porcelain (see pic below), but apparently it's not readily available. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure. :rodent:

Diamond drop earrings sound great too. I want some myself. :naughty:

OMG. I love this blue.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Realistic?

Well, I would like to reset my AVR into something more permanent. I'm sorely tempted to visit Eric Trabert in SF to look at some of Erika Winter's settings. Maybe something in a brushed gold finish (white or rose)? 8 prongs, 4 prongs? I have no idea. I just know that I'm not really digging the six prong look. But even this may not be realistic because I've got quite a few medical related issues and bills to take care of.

So maybe what's more realistic are some diamond huggies or a simple fashion band. Maybe a Cartier love band or an ultra thin trinity ring. Or maybe another Tiffany's T ring (my initial :tongue: ).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b, you crack me up!! :lol:

Those pieces you posted are magnificent, of course! :love: :love: :love: But given I'm tiny, they'd swallow me - they'd wear me instead of me wearing them!! haha

So, I went to VCA yesterday (again!!) and I tried this one on (again!!). I must say the FM watch is in danger of being sidelined!

vca_alhambra_necklace.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1483223712|4111196 said:
Great thread!

I have a ton... maybe not so realistic! :naughty:

Likely:
Diamond band
Ruby and diamond band
Cartier love bracelet
BGD huggies already ordered

Unlikely
Diamond stud upgrade
Diamond drop earrings
Something VCS
Small ring project with a stone I have

And... to my PS mom, Pinto, I don't believe you ;-)

Looking forward to a great year. Happy new year to all!

I love your lists, upgradingmama. I think you'll have to upgrade your studs, given your PS name! :naughty: Which Cartier Love bracelet are you getting? I tried the RG one on yesterday, and loved it!!

I don't believe PintoBean either! :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1483234952|4111230 said:
I love this thread but it's dangerous! :naughty: I have a few things in mind but not sure what will happen this year...

1. I have my eye on a 2+ carat antique cushion...
2. Diamond hoops or antique diamond drop earrings
3. VCA carnelian earrings
4. Upgrade diamond studs (this could probably wait bc my current studs are nice for everyday wear)

Very sound list, ac117. I adore antique cushions! Another VCA addict, huh?! :lol: Look foward to seeing them!! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will probably be the year I get my grandmother's and mother's diamond re-set. It's a 2 ct tranny, low color, and I'm thinking about a CVB setting that will allow me to wear it as a right-hand ring. One of the thing that's slowing me down on this project though is that I love wearing my James Meyer 3-stone so much that it's hard to imagine that I'd get much use out of another RHR.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1484280173|4114943 said:
I love your lists, upgradingmama. I think you'll have to upgrade your studs, given your PS name! :naughty: Which Cartier Love bracelet are you getting? I tried the RG one on yesterday, and loved it!!

I don't believe PintoBean either! :lol:

So that VCA necklace is TO DIE FOR! If only.....

I'm on the low rent plan - so just the solid gold one. No diamonds for me..

I have made a little bit of a dent so far this year. I got my BGD huggies and a few plain platinum bands. Those were the easy ones. I'll work on the others later! As far as the studs... That makes perfect sense! I'll get right on that :appl: :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't have much on my bling wishlist. Realistically, I am already saving my pennies (and I'm going to need a lot of them! ;-) ) for a Cartier Love bangle in yellow gold. I've also been keeping an eye out for something from the Van Clef and Arpels Alhambra collection (maybe a single motif necklace).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results