shape
carat
color
clarity

Razor Blades - Money saving tip

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Razor blades are very expensive.
I've found a way to make a razor blade last for two to four months of daily use.

Tap out all the goo (hair).
Any trapped goo will trap moisture which accelerates rust.

Over the sink pour isopropyl alcohol over it.
Tap or shake out alcohol; don't get any in your eyes.
Repeat.
Optional: Dry with hair dryer after tapping out as much alcohol as you can (it is very flamable).

Store in open window or dry place, like hallway outside bathroom.

They go dull because of rust, not because of wear from friction.
Alcohol evaporates so quickly they don't have time to rust.

What are your money-saving household tips?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, very interesting idea!!

Although, as I read it, I''m calculating how much my time is worth, and whether I would really be saving money doing that every day.

Is this something you do every day, once a week, etc??

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Use an electric savor. Cost of razor blades = $0

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I just learned from a mother of a brave soldier in Iraq, that they can only get ONE shave out of a blade as the sand is embedded into their skin. And the sand dulls the blade in one shave!

Everytime I get my Venius out...I think of just how fortunate I am not being covered in sand, but immersed in my continued protected freedom.
emstar.gif

Ok, ok, how else could I have slipped that line in this forum? Give me an inch, or an razors edge, and ''ll take it.

DKS

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do it every time.

It just takes 20 seconds or so.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kenny for a great idea. We have a friend who shaves his head every day, and uses a brand spankin'' new razor every single day! Sam''s Club loves him. I will definitely pass the idea along to him. (Oh, he uses a new razor every time because his skin is very sensitive, he develops a rash from dull blades.)

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
I have been using venus razors since they came out...my trick is to use Bikini Zone''s Anti-Bump Shave Gel...it is perfect for any part of the body...seariously, now that I use it I don''t have to shave for 2 days, and I am very picky about not having any prickles...I would recomend this stuff for anyone, for any shaving task...especially if you love silky skin, no iritation, and no hair...My husband even uses it on his face...he comes out so deliciously smooth...
P.S. Monarch64: your friend would love this stuff...it would work perfect for him...I have very sensitive skin also...and I have never been happier to shave than with this stuff
Sincerely,
Bedazzled101
41.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 11:00:01 PM
Author: bedazzled101

I have been using venus razors since they came out...my trick is to use Bikini Zone''s Anti-Bump Shave Gel...it is perfect for any part of the body...seariously, now that I use it I don''t have to shave for 2 days, and I am very picky about not having any prickles...I would recomend this stuff for anyone, for any shaving task...especially if you love silky skin, no iritation, and no hair...My husband even uses it on his face...he comes out so deliciously smooth...
P.S. Monarch64: your friend would love this stuff...it would work perfect for him...I have very sensitive skin also...and I have never been happier to shave than with this stuff

Sincerely,
Bedazzled101
41.gif
What company makes that? I get a lot of ingrown hair on the bikini zone, so maybe it would help! I''ve also been told that exfoliating before shaving makes shaving smoother and easier and prevents ingrown hair, and it works!

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
here is a picture of it..so you know what to look like... they carry it at smiths, albertsons, walgreens...etc...normally on the lower shelves of the shaving cream area...also below is the information off the back...

"Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel: Fights bumps and irritation from shaving. Contains special moisturizing microbeads.
Description: The perfect bikini shave. Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel is exclusively formulated to help prevent bumps from developing after shaving the delicate bikini area. Special moisturizing microbeads, emollients, soothing botanicals and vitamins A and E lubricate the skin and soften coarse bikini hair for the closest shave possible while the clear formula makes skin more visible to shave without nicks or cuts.
Recommended Use: Wet skin and apply gel to to fingertips and smooth onto bikini area. Shave and rinse.
Active Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40, Castor Oil, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Chamomile Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, JoJoba Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Lactose, Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Ultramarines, Yellow 5, Blue 1, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.
Suitable For These Skin Types: Sensitive, Flush, Normal, Combination, Dry, Oily
Bath and Body: Shaving Care, Body Moisturizers
Ingredient: Vitamin E "

shavegel111.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Would just getting everything waxed be less expensive...and less time consuming? I dunno though I guess it depends on how often the person would shave other wise.

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
The only problem I have with waxing, besides the hideous pain...is the fact you have to grow out all the hairs to 1-3 cm aprox. ...I don''t know about you, but dealing with hairy legs for afew weeks till it grows long enough is not my idea of fun...I tried it once in the winter(before I got married)...got Everything waxed...loved the after feeling of baby smooth skin...but after 3 weeks it started to grow out... ugh...I wanted to get it waxed off, but the hair wasn''t long enough...talk about torture...so I decided that shaving was my best option...for my birthday(march) this next year, my husband is going to let me go and get it all lasered off...yippie...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results