shape
carat
color
clarity

Racism after Trump

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Today at noon I went to the grocery store to get something . A man that looked like someone from Duck Dynasty was watching me while I was at the cashier (I am Asian ) .Suddenly he started saying loudly : why the F...are you in my country ? leave ! everyone heard him but kept silent .I left the store and got into my car . while getting out of the parking lot ,he came out of the store and showed me his middle finger .I rolled down my window and said : I was born here ,I am as American as you are ! he looked angry and started saying more bad words , I sped away . At home I was so depressed that I cried . I am 47 and have kids in college and nothing like this ever happened to me before . I did not tell my husband or kids , it was too humiliating . I also felt bad about talking to him , should have gone home without rolling down the window . :angryfire:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HUGS! That is so horrible! What a terrible person! I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Shame on him. Shame on the other people for not saying anything. But do NOT feel shame for saying something to him. You sound like you were a lot nicer than I would have been.

Now that he's been elected, people think it's ok to say that kind of shit. There's a whole lotta 'well the president did it so...' going on.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1478992448|4097592 said:
Today at noon I went to the grocery store to get something . A man that looked like someone from Duck Dynasty was watching me while I was at the cashier (I am Asian ) .Suddenly he started saying loudly : why the F...are you in my country ? leave ! everyone heard him but kept silent .I left the store and got into my car . while getting out of the parking lot ,he came out of the store and showed me his middle finger .I rolled down my window and said : I was born here ,I am as American as you are ! he looked angry and started saying more bad words , I sped away . At home I was so depressed that I cried . I am 47 and have kids in college and nothing like this ever happened to me before . I did not tell my husband or kids , it was too humiliating . I also felt bad about talking to him , should have gone home without rolling down the window . :angryfire:
Do you live in a small town USA?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
telephone89 & bonfire , Thanks a lot for your kind words .
DF , I live in a diverse big city in central FL .
kenny , you are right , he does not care if I was born in the US or not as long as I am not white .

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1478994902|4097604 said:
The Trump voters here on PS have been coming out the the closet and revealing their identity.
Thank them.

What exactly do you mean by this?

OP - this is disgusting and I am so sorry that you had to endure this. Please never regret standing up for yourself. I am sad that no one else around you said anything because I have gotten into near altercations calling someone out for similar behavior toward someone else. We have to look out for each other if we are to stop this kind of disgusting act.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln, I'm sorry you were the victim of harassment. If you are interested in contributing to the efforts to stop these acts of hate, here is one way you can do so.
https://www.splcenter.org/reporthate

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66 Thanks ! I think people at the grocery store were either scared or did not care .

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln, I am so sorry you went through this. I wish I was there to stand next to you and walk you to your car.

Your ancestors were creating higher mathematics (aspects of calculus), writing with calligraphy and wearing silk clothing when HIS ancestors were naked in the mud, creating pictographs of their fingers, and pooping where they stored their food supply. :blackeye:

kylier

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry. You are not alone and there is no need to be ashamed. It reflects on that man not on you. I can't even imagine.
There are many accounts of the breakout of hate crimes since Trump won. Girls as young as ten being grabbed by young boys inappropriately because the president does, students forming walls and shouting racist epithets, people writing hate speech and using derogatory terms all over the place. Claiming now that It's Trump's America they can act how they want. I guess people were feeling these things before but now they feel bold enough to say them. What did we expect, electing a president who is endorsed by the KKK?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1478998972|4097642 said:
redwood66 Thanks ! I think people at the grocery store were either scared or did not care .

He sounds like a very disturbed character. Please don't misunderstand me, there is NO excuse not to help someone being harassed. I know being the sassy old broad that I am, I would speak out. But some people are scared to get involved. It doesn't make it right. Again, I am so sorry. Someone really should have called the authorities.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Jeweln - Absolutely sickening that you had to endure that. I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how shaken and sick I would feel if that happened to me. (Actually - I have had a public encounter where a large man screamed obscenities at me when I'd done nothing wrong - and I got no help from those around me. It left me feeling horrible and shaken for days. I kept thinking about it).

I hope you're feeling calmer. It is SO VITAL that we stand up for each other right now. I hope your post inspires others to keep a watchful eye for situations like this and to help out rather than standing by.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1478995956|4097607 said:
Hmmm, That's strange b/c usually that would happen in a small town...Huggs!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am so sorry this happened to you. I have pledged to myself that if I see any behavior like this that I will stand with the person being victimized. I'm glad you were able to get home safely.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelr,

I'm so sorry you had to go thru this. I can imagine how upsetting and frightening this must have been for you and am disgusted that others didn't step in to help you. I'm very afraid of what's to come.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HUGS.That's very disturbing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you had to go through this. This has been one of my biggest fears. Was it just yesterday that I was called insular and my concerns were laughably pathetic? Many of us who are not white are suddenly aware that this is our new reality.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1479000491|4097652 said:

People are posting about things like this happening in big cities where they had previously felt safe for many years.
A guy on twitter has been collecting and posting submissions of hate crimes. His name is Shaun King and it's been all over the news. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link. The submitted stories are too awful to be believed except that you can't make this crap up and there are pictures and videos of lots of the stuff that has happened. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Southern Poverty Law Center reports:
-- The most frequently reported incidents were anti-Black, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim.

-- The most frequently reported incident locations were K-12 schools, colleges, businesses, and interactions on the road with drivers.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kylier|1479001314|4097663 said:

People are posting about things like this happening in big cities where they had previously felt safe for many years.
A guy on twitter has been collecting and posting submissions of hate crimes. His name is Shaun King and it's been all over the news. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link. The submitted stories are too awful to be believed except that you can't make this crap up and there are pictures and videos of lots of the stuff that has happened. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I just looked him up and saw a couple of his tweets.

I am sick to my stomach right now.

This is so sad, scary, and just...so awful.

kylier, sorry this happened to you jeweln :(sad

I have to admit part of me thought that maybe some people who hate Trump were making this stuff up. (not you kylier, I just meant in general). But in those tweets are videos of people actually doing these things. :( my goodness.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry that no one was there to help--I think sometimes everyone is just so shocked and confused in those types of situations that they freeze. But I wish so much that someone had been there to walk with you and stand up for you! Internet HUGS from the west coast, and I hope you feel better soon. Practice some quality self-care in the next few days, it's 100% normal to feel shaken for a while after something like that.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
CJ2008|1479002035|4097668 said:

kylier, sorry this happened to you. :(sad

I have to admit part of me thought that maybe some people who hate Trump were making this stuff up. (not you kylier, I just meant in general). But in those tweets are videos of people actually doing these things. :( my goodness.

I haven't experienced anything, I was simply validating the fact that this is happening in very unexpected, highly populated areas. Shocking and extremely upsetting to even read about. I can't imagine living it. :nono:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can tell you have never been in many small towns.
He would have got a beat down in many of them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 1958 my grandfather open up a Chinese restaurant in a little town call Davis,Ca. , and 95% of his customers were white, seem like they got along just fine. This was from 1958 - 1967.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kylier|1479002564|4097671 said:
CJ2008|1479002035|4097668 said:

kylier, sorry this happened to you. :(sad

I haven't experienced anything, I was simply validating the fact that this is happening in very unexpected, highly populated areas. Shocking and extremely upsetting to even read about. I can't imagine living it. :nono:

kylier I meant that sentence for the OP - fixed it, so it's clear.

but yes, thank you for pointing us to that link. Very, very upsetting. :blackeye:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
jeweln sorry that you ran into an idiot and that no one had the guts to tell him off.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How DARE you not be white!

The Trump voters here on PS have been coming out the the closet and revealing their identity.
Thank them.

It's gonna get much much worse.
God Bless America.

(Yawn.) This country has LAWS and the laws apply to all. These dirtbags, miscreants, misfits, counter-culture losers, louts, criminals, and cray-crays who are suddenly attracting everyone's notice were not created overnight by "Trump voters." They have been there all along. They just were not newsworthy then like they are now. Few of these incidents were even newsworthy until news media and social media sensitized everyone to start noticing and tallying. If you didn't ever notice or encounter any louts, racists, or "whatever" before, congratulations on having had a much more privileged and sheltered life than I've had.

And of course, Kenny, you've never been disruptive, annoying, insulting, or offensive on Pricescope or anything. Not the least little bit out of line, ever. >;-( :rolleyes:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta27|1479005533|4097686 said:

Thank them.

God Bless America.

(Yawn.) This country has LAWS and the laws apply to all. These dirtbags, miscreants, misfits, counter-culture losers, louts, criminals, and cray-crays who are suddenly attracting everyone's notice were not created overnight by "Trump voters." They have been there all along. They just were not newsworthy then like they are now. Few of these incidents were even newsworthy until news media and social media sensitized everyone to start noticing and tallying. If you didn't ever notice or encounter any louts, racists, or "whatever" before, congratulations on having had a much more privileged and sheltered life than I've had.

And of course, Kenny, you've never been disruptive, annoying, insulting, or offensive on Pricescope or anything. Not the least little bit out of line, ever. >;-( :rolleyes:

Good grief. The laws of this country are not applied to all equally. You are correct that perpetrators of bad behavior pre-exist Trump. BUT, whenever a public figure appears to sanction bad behavior, those behaviors increase in the general population. And there are organizations who have been tallying these things for decades and whose statistics show a correlation between Trump's ascension and incidents of racial harassment/xeno-homophoia. Get your head out of your arse and learn something before you gift us with your pseudo intellectualism.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do remember there was this one time when I was in Jr. high and this white bully call me a chinaman and after I kick his ass that day he never did come near me again.... :bigsmile:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1479006644|4097689 said:
AdaBeta27|1479005533|4097686 said:

Thank them.

God Bless America.

Good grief. The laws of this country are not applied to all equally. You are correct that perpetrators of bad behavior pre-exist Trump. BUT, whenever a public figure appears to sanction bad behavior, those behaviors increase in the general population. And there are organizations who have been tallying these things for decades and whose statistics show a correlation between Trump's ascension and incidents of racial harassment/xeno-homophoia. Get your head out of your arse and learn something before you gift us with your pseudo intellectualism.

Must you be so insulting of others with your options Matata?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results