shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Pre-Owned Seller -OR- Trade Member?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Stepcut: I didn't see it either, so I went into "my account" and then "board preferences" and clicked Yes for "display signature" (I think that's the wording, I forget now!)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is worth while to turn them on simply to read Deco's disclaimer :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1322104404|3068071 said:
I love the PS Pre Loved board a bit too much for comfort and I want to see it prosper. I have stayed way from this discussion but decided to come out and speak my mind.

Yes, there is a "trade member" under my name. Why? Because a year ago I decided to try selling hand fabricated silver jewelry on Etsy. It had been a hobby up to that point and I decided to take the plunge. I assure all of you that I am perfectly aware that nothing I do is up to PS standards. I know that I get 5 views a month from that link on my signature. And I know that, if I hadn't spoken up and asked to be identified as a trade member, no one would ever have found little old me out.

What do I get in turn? I can no longer share the pieces I wear daily here on PS. I can no longer point people towards good coloured gems bargains, help them out in their search, comment on pieces people are considering, etc. It has limited my PS participation a lot and I have had my wrist slapped (very politely and kindly too!) by Ella a couple of times for good reason, since I was, unwittingly, breaking those rules.

So, I lose a lot and gain nothing. Why did I do it? Because those $300 a month I earn from my craft makes me a vendor and I should behave as one and identify myself as one. I think that people who are describing themselves as "flippers" should have the same courtesy for this community and its rules, even if there is no way that PS mods will find out if they are doing it only in DB.

I agree with this Lady Disdain. As much as I would hate for certain people to no longer be able to help others here in finding beautiful jewelry I feel that if you are "flipping" than you are no longer just a consumer here and it muddies the waters so to speak. Better to err on the side of conservatism IMO and identify yourself as such so there is no question in anyone's mind. And to answer others questions as to how many flips should one allow well I say if you flip even once you are no longer just a consumer. Nothing wrong with that but it does limit what kind of help you can offer to others here as Lady Disdain points out.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think that if people are going to flip items from ebay (which I have not problem with them doing) that they identify themselves. I noticed a few people in RT point out items in the Preloved subforum and if an item is by a flipper I would want the person in RT to know what they are getting into (I know they need to know anyway but just sort of a heads up). Just like when house brokers sell their own house, it has to be identified. Just my opinion though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results