shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Las Vegas GTG 2013....thoughts

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, I want to thank Andrey, his lovely wife, Erica, and everyone who helped arrange the wonderful party last night! I am at the airport with just a few minutes before boarding, but I just had to stop in and say what a fabulous time I had at the party and spending the weekend with great friends!!! Yenny and I happened to arrive at the same time so we were able to travel to the hotel together and have rooms across the hall. Our hotel, the Paris, was very nice! We had so much fun shopping on Friday and Saturday with Kroshka and her husband, Matata, Yenny, Bebe, mayk and her hubby, and we ran into YT, Enerchi, Yssie, and I am sure I might be forgetting someone since I haven't had much coffee yet! We has a fabulous time shopping at Tiffany, Cartier, Graff, Harry Winston, H Stern, Fred Leighton, etc!!! We saw some amazing jewels and we will try to post a few pics later.

Friday night we had a group of about 18 who met for dinner at Spago. We were joined by Jonathan of GOG, Erica and Grace of JBEG, and Jeff/modified brilliant, the appraiser! Erica and Grace kindly brought some amazing jewels for us to pass around! Jon was just so much fun in person and it was a pleasure for me to finally meet him after my millions of emails to him over the last 7 years!

Saturday was more shopping and then the PS party in the evening. The food was fabulous and it was honestly delightful to meet all the PSers, PS staff, and vendors in person! I loved meeting all the WF staff and especially Debi Wexler, Brian, Sheerah, Liza, Eleazer, and those are all the names I remember on a very limited amount of sleep!

Time to board but I'll try to come back later! I just loved meeting every single person! It was a terrific weekend that I will always remember!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DS, I'm pea-green with envy! :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see everyone's photos...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Diamond seeker, you said it well. I am beyond grateful for our hosts and the sponsers. I couldn't have asked for a better time! Meeting everyone was like seeing old friends - a very special evening. :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I have such a long boring flight that I decided to pay for Internet! Texas, it really was great and I would encourage anyone to attend in the future! Hi, bebe! I agree, it was like seeing old friends!

One thing I need to add is that Friday night a large group when to see the Cirque du Soliel show Beatles LOVE. I thought it was outstanding! You certainly couldn't fall asleep in that show, even though those if us from the east coast were suffering a little from the time change! I'd highly recommend this show to anyone who likes the Beatles and visits LV!

Another interesting thing was that on my way out to LV, I actually sat next to a jewelry designer from NY! How about that! As you may guess, I wasn't too bored on the flight there! Here is her company link but the link on the site to her designs does not appear to work.

http://grunbergerjewelers.com/

I have to say that most of the high end jewelers were very kind to us. It was hard to explain why we were there as they always assumed we were a group from JCK, but I just usually explained that we had friends at JCK and we were there for some other events outside of JCK. We actually got to try on a few amazing pieces and Kroshka is the one with the best jewel pics. Her husband was not only our tour guide but he was great about taking pictures. I think these jewelers may have taken us more seriously since there was some amazing bling represented on the hands of the shoppers! It was the most fun seeing all the PS bling! I can't begin to mention all the great pieces I saw, but I will say that I adored yenny's two amazing Singlestone rings with gorgeous stones, kroshka's gorgeous 4 ct antique cushion also from SS, sarahbear's gorgeous huge cushion in the Victor Canera halo, forte kitty's incredible "holy grail" OEC, matatas gorgeous red spinel and her AVC set with the triple marquise on the sides, YTs gorgeous Tacori set, mayk's beautiful new emerald cut ring, bebe's cushion 3 stone ring, thing2's new 2 ct in the Sholt setting, Debi W's incredible cushion sapphire in a Beaudry-style setting, the incredible 5 ct!!! emerald cut that Grace was wearing......oh my, there were so many that I just can't name them all! The party had a LOT of people so I just honestly did not get to see all the rings! It was so much fun!!! We are a diverse group but the shared common interest is powerful!!!

I am sure I will think of other things, but hopefully others will post as they get back online. (Excuse any typos, on ipad)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, and...I got to see Kenny's very special collection of colored diamonds! :love: :love: :love:

Door prizes were outstanding and I was very happy for all the winners! I will let them post what they won! Thanks to all our great vendors for the amazing prizes!

Brain dead me forgot to mention brightice's incredible huge OEC in the Victor Canera French cut setting and her newly reset French cut band by JBEG!!

Also I got to see Dee Jay's famous and beautiful "brick" also known as Jack Kelege ring! So fun!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see everyone's pics--don't keep us in suspense for too long!

BTW, did you win a door prize, DS?!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1370204897|3457783 said:
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see everyone's pics--don't keep us in suspense for too long!

BTW, did you win a door prize, DS?!

Hi, mom2boys!!! No, I did not win a thing, but meeting everyone was the very best thing of all! (But yeah, some lucky girls did win some very nice things!)

I will be able to show you some pics when I see you that I can't post here because some people don't want their pics posted online. I'll need to get some pics from others.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's too bad--I think they should have given you an honorary award for all of your helpful contributions to PS over the years (in the form of bling, of course)!!! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1370205739|3457789 said:
That's too bad--I think they should have given you an honorary award for all of your helpful contributions to PS over the years (in the form of bling, of course)!!! :))

:lol: I appreciate the thought, M! Thank you! But the nice party was a great prize in itself!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the great update DS! Sounds like a ball...maybe next year for me. Can't wait for all the pics!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370202102|3457769 said:
Another interesting thing was that on my way out to LV, I actually sat next to a jewelry designer from NY! How about that! As you may guess, I wasn't too bored on the flight there! Here is her company link but the link on the site to her designs does not appear to work.

ds...I was shocked to see this link! Were you sitting with Yupadee? She works for Jim Grunberger. I have posted about him and Mona, the woman who manages his store, and Rupert-the bench jeweler who executes most of the designs done there-for many, many years. You can probably look them up in the Pricescope archives going back to when I joined!!! In fact, whenever I say, "my local jeweler", I am referring to Jim! They are in Stamford, Connecticut, very close to New York City...and they have all the jewelry I consigned!!!

I can't believe the coincidence! I have had my eye on some of the pieces Yupadee designed that are in Jim's store for some time now! My wrists are very small, but she is even smaller than I am. Isn't she ethereal like a fairy? You should see her in a belt she designed!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great time!! It must have been so much fun seeing all the beautiful PS pieces in person - and I'll bet everyone enjoyed seeing your beautiful ring as well DS. You managed to pack in a lot of fun in a really short period of time - thanks for sharing the experience!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was Great to meet you DS and see everyone at LOVE Friday night and at the GTG!!

Such a Wonderful time and such amazing people!!! :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx DS for a great post!! Really glad that you guys had a great time. And enjoyed all the shopping and food!!!

Maybe one day I will be able to make a trip across the pacific for the annual GTG! :razz:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that you guys had a great time!.. :appl: I miss out on all the funs.... ;(

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to chime in real quick and say thank you to all of the vendors & to Andre & all involved in making the Pricescope GTG possible. It was lovely getting to meet so many of you and see all the stunning jewelry. Will post a bit more when I get the chance!

Kroshka

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1370220827|3457867 said:
Glad to hear that you guys had a great time!.. :appl: I miss out on all the funs.... ;(

Next year, for sure DF!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1370208945|3457814 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370202102|3457769 said:

ds...I was shocked to see this link! Were you sitting with Yupadee? She works for Jim Grunberger. I have posted about him and Mona, the woman who manages his store, and Rupert-the bench jeweler who executes most of the designs done there-for many, many years. You can probably look them up in the Pricescope archives going back to when I joined!!! In fact, whenever I say, "my local jeweler", I am referring to Jim! They are in Stamford, Connecticut, very close to New York City...and they have all the jewelry I consigned!!!

I can't believe the coincidence! I have had my eye on some of the pieces Yupadee designed that are in Jim's store for some time now! My wrists are very small, but she is even smaller than I am. Isn't she ethereal like a fairy? You should see her in a belt she designed!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

SMALL WORLD!!! Yes, I sat with Yupadee!!! She was just lovely!!!

Hugs back, Deb!!! :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS and Yenni I can't thank you enough for your kindness in letting me tag along with you. I went back to Graffs today to try on that stunning pear and whisper sweet nothings into it's gorgeous facets.

Hugs to Mr. Kroska who is a superb navigator and a gentle soul.

My special moments were:
Sharing a bit of time with my longtime secret crush;
Being able to personally thank Jon for my AVC;
Holding Kenny's hot little rocks in my hand;
Bebe's taxi adventure;
Witnessing two forces of nature otherwise known as Miraclesrule & Dee*Jay;
Friday night dinner conversation with the lovely and gracious Brightice;
and YT, beautiful through and through.

Have to be at the airport at 4a.m. Nighty night.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! We did have a great time and hope you all will make it another year! Sadly my youngest child will probably graduate from high school that weekend next year, so it'll be so sad for me to have to miss her graduation so I can go to LV! :-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skippy is just as sweet and pretty as we have seen in pics! Loved meeting you, too, Skippy!!

Kroshka...love, love, love your avatar picture!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1370230170|3457933 said:
DS and Yenni I can't thank you enough for your kindness in letting me tag along with you. I went back to Graffs today to try on that stunning pear and whisper sweet nothings into it's gorgeous facets.

Hugs to Mr. Kroska who is a superb navigator and a gentle soul.

My special moments were:
Sharing a bit of time with my longtime secret crush;
Being able to personally thank Jon for my AVC;
Holding Kenny's hot little rocks in my hand;
Bebe's taxi adventure;
Witnessing two forces of nature otherwise known as Miraclesrule & Dee*Jay;
Friday night dinner conversation with the lovely and gracious Brightice;
and YT, beautiful through and through.

Have to be at the airport at 4a.m. Nighty night.

I absolutely loved spending time with you, too, Matata! I think we had such a fun group to do things with! I did enjoy sitting with DeeJay at dinner Friday! Very fun!

I also love your list of special moments (and agree about Mr. Kroshka!), but I am very curious about who your secret crush is! You were good at keeping it a secret! :naughty: :lol:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Matata _ you went back and tried on that pear!!!! You go girl! That ring was love at first sight.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to add that I loved FINALLY meeting John Pollard!!! It was also great meeting Jim Allen and his lovely wife Michelle!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks for making this thread DS! I had such an amazing time meeting you!!! I never got to see your beaudry with the asscher tho! I just realized on the plane ride today! I was so sad! I almost yelled
"Stop the plane!" Haha!

Pricescope people are soooo amazing! I had an awesome time meeting everyone!

Matata is an awesome travel buddy! Just awesome! And so hilarious!

Enerchi is exactly what she is! The nicest, most energetic person you will ever meet!

MayK is a tall drink of sexy water!!! So funny and so fun to talk to!

Yssie is just amazing. She is like my sister from another mother! My best chum!

Yenny is just soooo nice. Plus, I love her hair :) I think she should get voted for best smile!

Skippy, Bebe, Miraclesrule, you guys are soooo awesome! So nice! And Bebe has a sexy sexy accent! Rawr! Miraclesrules has a very sexy asset too that I will keep G-rated :) wink wink and Skippy! Soooooooo nice! Like the nicest human being on the planet!

Kroshka is like the best person ever. You will never meet a more caring, kind person! I had blisters on my feet and she literally put antibacterial on them and bandaged them for me. How amazing is she! Seriously!

Resonance of Life- she is my little sissy! Funny girl! So easy to get along with, felt like I've known her forever!

Am I missing anyone... I'm so tired from flying the whole day... I'm sorry if I did. I will keep adding more as I remember. I have to admit that I was pretty tipsy. Bartender kept filling my wine glass allllll the way to the top!

Oh, and there may have a been a possibility that I won something....

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Only a few quick things to add: I love my PSers. I had an amazing time, and I can't wait to see Kenny's pictures. :D

Off to bed now. The Nyquil is kicking in. I hope everyone gets/got home safe and sound.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The GTG was amazing, lots of thanks to Andrey, his wife, and Erika for putting it all together! I loved meeting everyone and OD-ing on bling. Can't wait for next year's event!

D

Deactivated member 42515

See! I knew I forgot people!

Athenaworth is probably the most beautiful woman you will ever see in your entire life. And I mean that! I wish we could have talked more but I didn't wanna wear out your voice so much!!

Fortekitty, you are so sweet and so nice! I was momentarily knocked out every time I took a glance at your doorknob but I think the concussion should subside. :)

Madelise, you're so cool and fun! I'm so glad I got to meet you! And thanks for remembering that I am vegetarian! So sweet!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1370241366|3458001 said:
Madelise, you're so cool and fun! I'm so glad I got to meet you! And thanks for remembering that I am vegetarian! So sweet!

Thank you, and likewise! Of course I remembered, I'm uber anal about food! Food = life, I swear! It's one's culture and livelihood. I'm glad there were options for you ::)

DS -- I sent you a private message on a "friends" site. I am so glad to have met you. So so glad.

Doing a list of "shootouts" to everyone I enjoyed would be endless. I enjoyed all of you.. from Kenny and his pocket-sized museum :!: to Bright Ice and her southern drawl to seeing all the pieces that have inspired me (Coati's OEC! SQUEE! Yenny's antique oval! Even Kroshka's gigundo antique cushion from back in my lurker days!) and sparked my love for antique cut diamonds.

Meeting the vendors and tradespeople was a fantastic opportunity, and I loved that I got to talk to the infamous Andrey, Mrs Andrey, Coati, Al Gilbertson :!: , Gary, John Pollard, oh gosh, I was so excited to meet Jim Allen that I think all I said was "YOU'RE JIM!" and not much else… because I'm an awkward turtle :lol:

I truly cannot wait for the next year. And I cannot wait to see all the bling photos! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I loved the whole thing start to finish. Everyone was so welcoming and personally I thought the best part of the GTG was meeting everyone and eyeballing their jewels in real life!!!!!! But of course PinkJewel was my partner in crime and she won the SS door prize!!!! So happy for her and I can't wait what to see what you get!!! Hint hint...PINK gold!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful time... loved meeting everyone... so many thank yous to Pricescope.. Andrey, Ling and Erica and of couse the door prizes!!!! I was lucky enough to win the JbEG which I was totally jazzed about!!!! I'm dragging this morning and a bunch of meetings on the calendar but thought I would take a quick minute to post a few pictures.... I didnt' get as many as I wanted but Kenny (who I loved meeting and seeing his collection) was taking a bunch with a SERIOUS camera.. :appl:

223.jpg

_6806.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results