shape
carat
color
clarity

PS 2.0

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Is it my imagination or is there less volume ever since the conversion? I'm sure it's just growing pains, and just going by what I notice, no idea if it's the case.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure it's less Janine. I don't love change either, but some people are more resistant to it and I'm sure frustration levels are up.

I still like PS enough that it's not deterring me, but I understand why some people hate it enough not to bother.

I'm still around as much as usual!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's not just you. I know I'm around less: part of it is that the new format gives me a splitting headache, and part of it is that it seems to be doing the same for others ... so I refresh less often because there are fewer posts. And, in turn, I thus contribute to the vicious cycle ....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've noticed the same thing too. Obviously there are changes to get used to, but I hope it hasn't deterred people for good. Maybe some of it is just that since it's summer, people may be on vacation or just taking some time away from the computer.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I've noticed it too. I still generally keep PS on one of my tabs and check in throughout the day.

But a few times, I've gotten a timed out message and couldn't see the forums - maybe the same thing is happening to others and they're not bothering to try again.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It bugs me that I hvave to jump through hoops to read posts so I'm not posting as much as usual. I hate having to find work arounds to do basic things (like read a whole post!) so I'm just not here as much. I check it to see if it's fixed, and I'm sure once it is I'll be posting as much as usual again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've noticed the same thing. I have had problems logging in, sometimes I can't even see PS. I get a gateway timeout message. It hurts my eyes, so can't look at it for long.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh said:
I've noticed the same thing. I have had problems logging in, sometimes I can't even see PS. I get a gateway timeout message. It hurst my eyes, so can't look at it for long.

It doesn't work very often, so I am beginning to get out of the habit. Most times I get a "gateway timed out" message as well. The colors, if I can log on, look like a TV or monitor does when turned on in a pitch dark room. Whether real or imagined, there is a sense of eyestrain.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the volume is waaaaaaaaaaay down. I find myself looking at posts less. the scrolling from side to side to even read the post is almost enough to deter me.

Dont get me wrong, I love PS and I also know the admins and developers have a lot on their hands right now, but you dont want to implement a format which deters people, so I hope things get better.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I have found myself "lurking" more than actually responding since the switch. I don't really enjoy the new PS' colors, layout, etc, but I'm trying to get used to it!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if the new format makes it harder to "crawl" PS for search engines. I imagine a lot of people show up here from searching on diamond or wedding related items...

stci

Ideal_Rock
I just don't understand why PS took the custom route (code) for the forum!

There are tons of well made PHP forums on the Internet where everything works fine since years!

I'm programmer and I always said to my client it's not necessary to remake the world each time! Just use the best of Internet and go!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I've all but lost interest in PS and have migrated to other forums.

PS 2.0 sucks.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't even post for a few days at all, so I guarantee you there are other posters who can't as well. They probably just gave up and are no longer even trying. Frustrating! There is definitely less traffic.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard from many that can't log on. Or can see PS2 but can't post. They know to contact the admin, but am thinking many are sooo frustrated.

I value all the hard work that Andrey has put into this, Ella as well.. :halo:

But it's a lot more work for us, getting around. And no it's not that I can't navigate, I can navigate well, but it's so darn time consuming.

And those with little time are not going to waste it here.... SBT. I hate to say that but it's the truth...

Lurker traffic is way down too. I wonder if the feed leads them to PS.... Or they see a new site and are like Huh???

I would love to know the answer to that....

Bring the old version back, update it and we'd be golden... ::)

The only thing I hear that is easier on 2.0 is uploading pics...

I am hoping we can get the problems solved, and can get back to normal.... what ever that is, LOL!!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been around much the last two weeks due to personal issues (travel and a death in the family) and it wouldn't surprise me if lots of other people are busy with summer trips, kids home from school, etc.

I am also a bit intimidated by the new forum. I don't know if the layout is not as easy to read or it's just me-I'm not so good with change! I'm not having any technical problems but I feel a bit like a stranger here-it doesn't feel like "my PS" anymore but I am hoping that will change as I become more familiar with the new format.

Anyway, this is such a great "place" that I am planning to stick with it and hoping and assuming that I'll adapt.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm kind of used to it by now, and it will be great when all the little glitches are ironed out. But I like change.

I understand about the new format hurting the eyes though. For me I think it's because the writing is blue, on a pale blue background. There isn't enough contrast. And also, is it me, or is the writing a lot smaller?? Especially in quote boxes, it's tiny! There's a lot of empty space. Also, and this is rather irrelevant, but I miss the old Pricescope logo! The web with the diamond in it, the and "we will rock you". It was cool.

It's great that it's so easy to upload photos now. I'm also really enjoying the button that takes you to the first of your unread posts in a thread you read earlier, and the asterisks to remind you what threads you posted in. And it's fun to be able to see who's online, I think it encourages the community feeling. Oh and I like that when I click for HTML code or for a smiley, it actually inserts it where my cursor is, not at the end of my post like in PS1!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm neutral on PS 2.0

The only thing that really grinds my gears is the "pinned" threads not being more ... stand outish. I cant tell where those end and the new threads begin, and I usually end up missing a thread or two.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
elledizzy5 said:
I'm neutral on PS 2.0

The only thing that really grinds my gears is the "pinned" threads not being more ... stand outish. I cant tell where those end and the new threads begin, and I usually end up missing a thread or two.
Oh gosh yes. That is annoying.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS 2.0 works fine for me.

I think traffic will return to normal and this is a bump in the road.
Annoying, but just a bump.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am reading and posting less because:

a) Every time I try to respond and need to log in, it takes me to my profile page, so I then have to re-find the thread to which I wanted to respond, go to the end of it, and reply. Frustrating and time-consuming--oh, and it hurts my eyes (see (b)).

b) The colors/layout (not sure which is more to blame) are really bothering my eyes and head. I have to be careful about allowing myself to get a headache because it can be the beginning of a migraine for me, and my migraines can land me in the ER in crippling pain.

c) It is very hard to tell which threads are "sticky" and which are not. This results in me having to remember each time I visit a subforum which threads have been there for a while and which haven't; I'm not really that into doing it for recreational reading.

d) Having to scroll from side-to-side is annoying and frustrating. It really disrupts my reading and enjoyment of the posts.

Anyway, I'm still here because I love PS, but my average posts per day number keeps plummeting :blackeye:.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have definitely noticed that it seems a bit slow as of late...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
lilyfoot said:
I have found myself "lurking" more than actually responding since the switch. I don't really enjoy the new PS' colors, layout, etc, but I'm trying to get used to it!

Same here. I have had some pictures of wedding shoes for days that I have not posted. Part of it is that I am having trouble with the site, and part of it is that work and wedding planning have consumed me.

In a way, it is kind of good. I am actually getting stuff done!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I really miss the "today's posts" list, because it let me skim through all the subforums and catch active threads. There is a tiny list on the home page but it's so awkward to bounce back and forth between the forum and the home page just so I can see new threads.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Galateia said:
I really miss the "today's posts" list, because it let me skim through all the subforums and catch active threads. There is a tiny list on the home page but it's so awkward to bounce back and forth between the forum and the home page just so I can see new threads.

Hi Galateia,
If you click onto the forum heading an option for viewing new posts appears and then you can click onto that for all of the posts made today in descending order. It's a very similar option to the original PS view today's posts.

HTH!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady said:
I appreicate that they are trying to make this better but I find myself here less and less due to the new changes and that's a shame, as I just had my 5th PS anniversary. I miss the old way (call me old fashioned!). Everything looks the same, I can't tell if there are stickies or not, I can't tell what's new now or not. I would like to see a combination of the look of the old combind with the new. For me personally, its just not as user friendly. :( I love PS, but its hard for me to stay on long and its far more difficult for me to manuever around the pages. I also miss the fonts.. and danged if I can make both my signature OR my avatar work. I have tried and tried and tried.

Hugs to all..

Me too...
I hit 4 years and couldn't even muster a sarcastic who hoo.

But for you, congrats on 5 years SDL! Sorry about your avatar...

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I'm neutral on the conversion as well.

Has anyone had any problem being able to post on their phones? I normally use the Iphone for half of the times I post, and I get logged on just fine, but when it comes down to clicking "reply post" that is just not available so I have to wait to go home before being able to post.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why is the date showing up as July 13th? We still have a few more hours to go (well, EST).

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe said:
Why is the date showing up as July 13th? We still have a few more hours to go (well, EST).
Zoe, There are instructions on how to correct the date. I have followed them on different days, but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Also, your avatar is a classic example of the problem. Everything seems slightly out of focus, like you are wearing someone else's glasses. I loved this site, but it makes my head hurt now.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am sorry about the inconvenience everyone is experiencing, but PS 2.0 was a necessary step to take.

It was not our goal to have so many issue from the start ( we did do extensive testing), but never the less we had no choice but to upgrade.

The previous platform with the post pasts the 2.5 million marker and growing was unable to handle future growth.

I am confident once we are done bringing back some old features ( today posts, etc), fixing the issue, correcting the colors and adding all the new features everyone will be able to enjoy the new site.

Thank you for all your patience.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results