shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposed, to/back from Hawaii and have pics too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Well, I finally took the plunge. Received my WF e-ring a week before Christmas, proposed to my girlfriend on her graduation day (took her completely by surprise)
2.gif
. That day for her graduation, I gave her two roses, which symbolizes engagement. Thought I give her a hint, however she didn't figure it out. To make things short...
Me: "You know why I got you the two roses?"
Her: "No...why?"
Me: "Well, I hope this next question will answer that question for you."
-on my knees now..-
Me: "Tracy, will you marry me?"
Her:
6.gif
"Oh my god is this real??"
Me: "The ring?"
Her: "No silly, the proposal!?!?"
Me: "Oh yeah, it's as real as can be."
-I slip the ring onto her finger-
Her: "Oh my god! it's so beautiful!!!"
Me: "You haven't answered the question...so is that a yes?"
Her: "Oh yeah! Of course it's a yes!"

It was a very private but definitely memorable moment. Later that evening, both our families were there to celebrate her graduation and our engagement.

I have some pics I would like to share with you guys. You guys have helped me a lot the past month and I appreciate it! Onward to the pics!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

Edited now that I see the pics...I LOVE the picture on the airplane where the light coming off the ring is almost unnatural...it's glowing!

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Notice the bling bling?
21.gif
This was taken on one of those scenic stops on Pali Highway in Hawaii.

PicHawaii.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
This was taken in the plane at 33,000 ft with the sun shining in. When I saw what the sun did to the diamond, I just HAD to take a picture of it...check it out!!!

wow1.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Here's another view...check out how the diamond on my fiance's hand just glows...
9.gif

wow2.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
And one last picture, taken at Ko’ Olina beach on the west coast of Hawaii. This is taken right before sunset...thought it’s nice to share.

sunset.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I love thee pics.
I thought I was the only one that loves a light show like that.
sssssshhhhhh dont tell anyone but I think its neater than looking directly at the ring.
When I had my fiancee's e-ring here Id spend hours flashing patterns on the walls with it!
I used different light sources to see which one gave off the best pattern.
Nothing beats good old sunshine for making it dance :}

Congrates!!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
dawei, congratulations on your engagement. That bling bling ring is a superduperdazzler!!!!!
appl.gif
And oh, btw, I thought I recognized the Pali Highway in the background. Was it an especially windy day there? Kinda fun to think you could almost go flying over the sides with the strong winds eh? Please add your Ko Olina sunset picture to the sunset thread when you have a chance.
1.gif
Thanks for sharing the great pictures. You make a cute couple.
1.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I just love the disco ball rainbow effect the diamond gave off on the plane!
appl.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Congradulations on the engagement! You guys are very cute together! And the ring is perfect for her!

Enjoy the rest of your lives together~~
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! Congrats!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
She is positively beeming! My Congrats to you. My Best Wishes to your fiancee!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
shiny disco balls! fantastic ring, story and outcome, congratz!!!
appl.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Great proposal and a gorgeous looking ring. Wishing the best to you and yur fiancee.

rodent.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Bling Blinding! Geez, that's one fireball coming from her finger. Lovely story and good luck to you both. Lovely ring and beautiful pics!!!

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Thank you people for the kind words!

And thank you for letting me realize something...this whole time I've been referring my girl as fiance, not fiancee. It wasn't until I read some of your comments did I start to realize it. DUH!

I'll try to get some of the sunset pics into that sunset thread.

Happy new year everyone!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY, David......exceptional! I'm sure she was blown away.

I just KNEW that stone was for you! HA!

Thanks, too, for the unbelieveable pictures! I have only had my ring for almost a month now, and at the end of this month, I'll be flying from MA down to FLA to have some girlie time with my matron of honor. You KNOW I'll be looking to try that "plane window" light show trick now! Thank GOD I got window seats!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Lastly......the only thing that shines brighter than that diamond is your lovely fiancee. Top-rate job!

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Aldjdewey:

Hmmmm - you're flying South? At what time of day? You'd better sort this out so you know which seat to get pre-assigned so as to maximize the light coming through the window!!
3.gif
Maybe the airlines could introduce the "diamond wearing section"...

I too love the airplane thing...what I don't quite understand is why the show is more spectacular in the air, rather than, say, in a car, early morning, with the sun coming straight in... It probably a good thing it isn't, cuz they'd have to increase my auto insurance premiums...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The plane trick is awesome, I have seen that same thing with my ring more than once on a plane, SO MUCH FUN. I even got sparkles as far up as a few ROWS ahead of us on the ceiling which was cool. Of course then the plane has to go and move and it's gone and not fun anymore...booooo.

Lovely pictures! I think once I counted something like 100 sparkles from my ring...sooo cool!
1.gif
(Yes I was bored)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/6/2004 7:56:20 PM goldenringlets wrote:

Aldjdewey:

Hmmmm - you're flying South? At what time of day? You'd better sort this out so you know which seat to get pre-assigned so as to maximize the light coming through the window!!
3.gif
Maybe the airlines could introduce the 'diamond wearing section'...

I too love the airplane thing...what I don't quite understand is why the show is more spectacular in the air, rather than, say, in a car, early morning, with the sun coming straight in... It probably a good thing it isn't, cuz they'd have to increase my auto insurance premiums...
----------------

Ha.....yes, I'm in the A seat (to the extreme left of the plane) while heading south, so my window will be facing east with the sun rising! YAY! hehehe.....

Hey, talk about increasing auto premiums.......I've found that THE most AMAZING fire/color show comes when I drive at night with my overhead light on in the SUV. My FI would have heart failure if he realized how much time I spend gazing while driving! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results