color
clarity

Proof that punctuation matters

justginger

Ideal_Rock
After reading Kenny's grammar thread, this came up on my Facebook:

Version 1:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, and thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Version 2:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, and thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Gloria

:lol: Those pesky commas and periods sure do change the feeling of that love letter, don't they? :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1342192073|3233269 said:
After reading Kenny's grammar thread, this came up on my Facebook:

Version 1:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, and thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Version 2:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, and thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Gloria

Those pesky commas and periods sure do change the feeling of that love letter, don't they?

Sorry. The words in the two versions are different. If only the punctuation had been changed, the enormous change in sentiment reflected by the changes in the two versions would have had my admiration, but this is a cheap fraud!

AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What words are changed, Deb? I don't see it -- except the layout with the last "yours," which isn't really different words. Anyway, that is so cool! How on earth did somebody come up with it? I have a vision of a couple of people & a few glasses of wine at the keyboard.

--- Laurie

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I stole this from my FB feed. he,he

1-woman_without_man.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the words look the same, too... hmmm...

but yes indeed, the power of punctuation!! Whoa - really changes that from love to hate!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Deb, the words are absolutely identical as read beginning to end. What difference did you spot?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1342206254|3233414 said:
What words are changed, Deb? I don't see it -- except the layout with the last "yours," which isn't really different words.

You and the other posters who corrected me were quite right, Laurie. I wasn't considering the salutaion and the closing.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The change in format was confusing, Deb. I had to go over it word for word to be sure, myself.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results