shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers needed for Kaleigh''s Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 11:14:51 AM
Author: Kaleigh
She''s in good spirits but man this second surgery has been a doozy. I feel so badly for her.
She''s loved the private nurses, they have been a big help. I will know more once I get home, am flying back later today.
It''s just going to be a long road, but we knew that going in. I am sure all will be fine.
1.gif
I sure hope so! Thanks for updating us.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of good wishes your way.Hope she continues to get better and better.She will be happy to see you .

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers and good thoughts for your mom. hugs to you Lisa.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for keeping us posted. I''m so glad things are looking up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!
35.gif

I saw Mom today, she looks pretty darn well considering. She was wearing a really pretty outfit, and her hair had been done, girlfriend likes looking good, LOL!! I said how terrific she looked, she was very upbeat. A guy came by with some paintings to hang on her walls, so she's defiinitely trying to make it homey, as in not looking to bail out any day soon. Phew on that.
5.gif

We go to see the surgeon on Monday. She says she wants this awful thing off her arm. It's itchy and uncomfortable. I said I will bring a knitting needle and scratch it for her. ( Just kidding I wouldn't do that, but she loved the idea.....
3.gif
)

So I am really excited. She's a fighter, and one tough cookie. I love that about her!!!

We are reconnecting, which is nice. We had been out of touch, it's complicated. But good things have come out of a crappy situation.

So all is good!!!!!
1.gif

Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes and kind words!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news Lisa, all around.
2.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic news, Lisa! I think the best thing for her is that she is so feisty
11.gif
9.gif
So glad for you.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
so glad to hear all the good news. I know what a tough time this has been for you.
Seeing how you took such great care of Nanny was remarkable.
Doing the same for your folks although not easy is the higher road.
They are lucky to have you around. (maybe they are finally realizing this)

Don''t forget to take care of yourself. (someone has to!)
31.gif

(((((*hugs*)))))

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am so glad your mother is doing well. What a relief for you. You are such a wonderful daughter.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad she''s doing well! I hope everything completely heals soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone keeping track of my Mom.

She's still doing well, but is losing weight. She's down to about 100 pounds. She's tiny. She's eating everything in sight.. More than she ever ate at home. The food there is sooooo good. So blood tests are in order. That will be done on Monday. We also go to see the surgeon on Monday. I am praying the second surgery did the trick. If it's not good news on the arm, she said no more, she can't take another surgery. Can't say I blame her, but I also can't see her lose funtion of her arm... But we aren't there, so am thinking happy and positive thoughts.
12.gif

So we still have a rough road ahead. Bless her heart, she's being such a trooper. I am really proud of her. I see her every day. But the other day I came just as she was leaving to listen to a lecture on gardening. She said, I am sorry, but I must attend this lecture. I said go right ahead, have fun!!! That was a great moment, she was interested in something, she was excited!! I haven't seen her like that in years.....

This place is sooo good for her, and am hoping she will stay for quite a while.

If I may, can I ask for prayers that the x rays show her arm is healing, that the second surgery did the trick?

And secondly that this weight loss isn't something terribly serious.

Thanks all, I really appreciate it.
35.gif

xx
Lisa

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
More prayers that the second surgery was a complete success.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

Prayers out going for your dear mother. I do hope the second surgery was a complete success. I also hope they find out why she is losing weight too.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Tons of prayers for the second surgery having been successful, and also that they can figure out what''s causing the weight loss and that its nothing serious - I''m so glad to read that she is keeping such an upbeat and positive attitude - they say that is such a big part of healing, and sounds like with your amazing love and support, your mom is doing great!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Prayers to you and your mom
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

Today we went to the surgeon. The Xray can''t tell much. right now because the muscle that had to be stretched won''t show up on an Xray. To recap, There was a bone that had broken off , in the first surgery, they attempted to hold that in place with metal brackets and screws. One week post op, the Xray showed that bone didnt hold. Thus the surgery didn''t take.

So we were back at square one, what to do. In this case, they take the muscle and stretch it over the bone that they had to remove.. The muscle is sewn or stitched into the bone. It''s something that has to heal and can''t be messed with, one jerk of the arm and all is undone... So she''s in a heavy splint. They did take out her stiches and replace the splint. All looked well from what I could see.

Next week, they will take off the splint and give her metal brace. The brace will have moveable joints but will be programmed to lock at a certain degree. Therfore, she can''t move it even if by accident. PHEW on that. So each week the surgeon will lesson the degree to which her arm is, so it will have more motion... Hard to explain... I hope that makes sense??

But my DD had a metal brace when she had JRA. This new advance, is awesome, and am floored by it. It takes a lot of the worry away..

The weight loss is scaring me. I got her dressed and then undressed and then dressed again. She''s like 100 pounds if that.
39.gif

The blood tests will be done tomorrow. I wish they had been done today, but nothing happens like I want it to, always tomorrow.... Blah blah blah..

I am so over this. If I ran a place it would be a well oiled machine, one with good answers, not well I don''t know.. I hate that.
15.gif

So if you are with me after all of this (
3.gif
) please keep the prayers coming..thanks.!!!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers and hugs for both of you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers for you and your mom Lisa.

xoxoxox Linda

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa,

Sorry for being late to this thread. Sending lots of prayers your way and big hugs too! Hope mom feels better soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
get well wishes to your mom.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So sorry that first surgery didn''t take, hon. Hopefully things will get better and your mom will be able to gain some weight back. No doubt it''s scary seeing her that thin. It will take time (as you''ve said), but she should improve--sending lots of hugs and dust your and your mom''s way!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:24:08 AM
Author: Skippy123
Ditto. Hang in there!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 4:05:53 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/19/2009 10:24:08 AM
Author: Skippy123
Ditto. Hang in there!
Thritto. I know it can be so nerve wracking not knowing but my fingers are crossed for good news!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m sorry to hear about her setback. I hope this new technique is successful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got word late today that the nursing home wants to boot Mom out by Thursday
6.gif
, something about her not needing IV.s etc... I couldn''t battle it as the word came late and had a birthday dinner for DD who is turning 21. So tomorrow will battle this. I can''t understand how they can do this. I will talk to her Doc tomorrow. I will beg borrow and steal to have her there for a couple more weeks, while we get things sorted out. The blood tests were taken late today, so won''t have the results for a couple days..
I had always been told we had 100 days coverage there, so this came as a big blow. But we can always pay for it ourselves, but am hoping it won''t come down to that.

She does want to come home, but thing is, she can''t care for herself at all. She has no clue how really weak and fraile she is, and the dementia is getting worse.
Plus my Dad can''t look after her, as much as he thinks he can, he failed miserably after her fall.... Just the facts as I see them and don''t want her in harms way.

So tomorrow onward and upward. I just pray I can work something out....

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!!! We really appreciate them.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I do hope her doctor, will keep her in the hospital a few more weeks for her to recover.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, just caught up on this. Just breaks my heart to read this (and anything about our parents not being 100%, actually), so I''ll continue to send my best vibes your way.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 11:58:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I got word late today that the nursing home wants to boot Mom out by Thursday
6.gif
, something about her not needing IV.s etc... I couldn''t battle it as the word came late and had a birthday dinner for DD who is turning 21. So tomorrow will battle this. I can''t understand how they can do this. I will talk to her Doc tomorrow. I will beg borrow and steal to have her there for a couple more weeks, while we get things sorted out. The blood tests were taken late today, so won''t have the results for a couple days..
I had always been told we had 100 days coverage there, so this came as a big blow. But we can always pay for it ourselves, but am hoping it won''t come down to that.

She does want to come home, but thing is, she can''t care for herself at all. She has no clue how really weak and fraile she is, and the dementia is getting worse.
Plus my Dad can''t look after her, as much as he thinks he can, he failed miserably after her fall.... Just the facts as I see them and don''t want her in harms way.

So tomorrow onward and upward. I just pray I can work something out....

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!!! We really appreciate them.
1.gif
I don''t get that part....

If you happen to lose this battle, do you have a rehabilitation place? We have one set up in what used to be a hospital. Now it''s a multifaceted facility. Assisted living on one floor, rehab on another, etc. That would be a good place to put her if need be.

Hopefully your doc can help you keep her there or find something else. Good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope they will keep your mom there longer considering what is going on; prayers outgoing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results