shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers and Good thoughts needed.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
My 9 month old grandson fell over the weekend(he''s in the early walking stage) and hit his elbow. It was dislocated and they tried to reset it but he needs surgery to insert a pin. He was admitted today and has surgary in the morning. Please send all positive thoughts and prayers his way. His name is Dre''Angelo. We call him Dre. And send some for my daughter too. She is very tore up. She has been through her four year old being diagnosed with epilepsy last year, then Dre was born with Hemoglobin C which has something to do with not enough iron in his blood. She is very distraught and blaming herself. I told her that her sister was in the ER more than the Doctors were even though we watched her like a hawk.
20.gif
I''m actually holding it together for a change. I''m usually high strung but I need to be strong for my daughter. Will update as soon as I am able. Thanks in advance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 7:01:30 PM
Author:moon river
My 9 month old grandson fell over the weekend(he's in the early walking stage) and hit his elbow. It was dislocated and they tried to reset it but he needs surgery to insert a pin. He was admitted today and has surgary in the morning. Please send all positive thoughts and prayers his way. His name is Dre'Angelo. We call him Dre. And send some for my daughter too. She is very tore up. She has been through her four year old being diagnosed with epilepsy last year, then Dre was born with Hemoglobin C which has something to do with not enough iron in his blood. She is very distraught and blaming herself. I told her that her sister was in the ER more than the Doctors were even though we watched her like a hawk.
20.gif
I'm actually holding it together for a change. I'm usually high strung but I need to be strong for my daughter. Will update as soon as I am able. Thanks in advance.
I am so sorry to hear this. Dre will be in my prayers as will you and your daughter. I had a similar fall and had surgery on my elbow when I was little too. It's painful but he will be fine and dandy in no time. Please keep us posted to the outcome of the surgery. {{{{ BIG HUGS}}}} Lisa
1.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this, Moon River. I hope that Dre has a speedy recovery, and I''ll keep your family in my thoughts.

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
I hope all goes well. My thoughts are with your grandson & your family.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh Poor little Dre. How scary for the guy.
Tell your daughter to hang in there. They''ll take good care of him.
It''s so hard to hand over your child for surgery. Will you be there with your daughter?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have a church meeting tonight and I''ll make sure to say an extra prayer for your little man.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
ahhh...that poor little guy, and poor mom...he''ll be okay
12.gif
All my best to you and your family
17.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
{{{{{{{{sending prayers, happy thoughts, and hugs of recovery your way}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Moon River ~
emrose.gif

It is so hard when our children don''t feel good, are sick, or need surgery and we can''t make it better for them. It is hard trying to be trusting that the doctor and nurses know what they are doing, it is hard be patient waiting for them to finish fixing their lil'' bodies.

May Dre have a sucessful surgery and confortable recovery. May you and Dre and his family be surrounded by the comforting arms of the great one above, prayers and well wishes for you all.

Please keep us posted ... my thoughts & prayers
12.gif
to you and your family.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers outgoing to you all Moonriver. Hang in there.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Little Dre and your family will be in my prayers this morning. My daughter dislocated her elbow at about the same age by pulling her big brother backwards on top of her. You just can''t restrain them all the time. She went into shock, threw up and had to wear a sling for a week, but fortunately no surgery. Let us know how he does today.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear what happened to little Dre. I am wishing you all the best, and hoping that Dre recovers very quickly!

Heather

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive thoughts for your grandson!! I hope he has an uneventful surgery and a quick and speedy recovery!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
just checking in.
I hope things are going well for Dre.

Let us know what you get a chance.
emlove.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Moon River ~
emrose.gif

I know you must be tired as heck ... Still sending wonderful thoughts and prayers to Dre ... You ... & your family.

Take care

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moon--positive vibes and wishes of good luck being sent your way!!!
emrainbow.gif
Take care!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I hope everything goes well!! I''m sending good thoughts and healing vibes!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinkin of ya! Hoping for good news soon!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I hope all is well with your family, you are in my prayers.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. Just to update, They had him prepped for surgery, had him sedated and sent him for more X Rays or something and decided not to do surgery right now. They let him go all day without eating(and he LOVES his food) Poor little guy. They are trying setting it and keeping a cast on for awhile and seeing if it works or if they have to do surgery after all. It was a gruelling day for us all. I mean I''m glad he didn''t have to go through with the procedure and all, but I wish all the Doctors would get on the same page. They are afraid it will affect the growth of his arm. My youngest daughter(my hellion) broke her arm in the exact same place when she was 10
20.gif
. She still can''t straighten it all the way. They were also considering surgery for her and decided against it.
My daughter, Dre''s mom, is holding up. She is still a wreck. I was hoping for this all to be over soon but it looks like it''ll drag out for awhile. I''ll keep you updated. Thanks for all the support. It was truly felt and appreciated.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what an ordeal. I''m glad Dre is hanging in there and hope setting it and casting it will do the trick for him. I bet your daughter was a wreck through all of that. I will be keeping your family in my prayers. Thanks for the udate I was wondering how it all went.
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I just saw this Moon River. I am so sorry for what you guys have been through in the last few days. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Thank you for the update, and feel free to update often. It''s so hard with children, isn''t it?

shay

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there MR. My hat''s off to you for supporting your daughter, Dre, and the rest of your family like this. I''ll keep all of you in my prayers.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh MoonRiver, I am sorry your family is having such a rough go of things. I will pray that little Dre’s arm heals up perfectly. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, the poor thing. I hope everything goes well. I''m sorry that you and your family, and especially little Dre, have to go through that.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay new update.
Dre was release last night. Arm still in cast. They want it to set for three weeks and go from there. I just don''t want him to have to go through all that hospital stuff again. I wish the had just did it and got it over with. Or waited til they were sure before even admitting him. Too many Doctors, too many opinions. I know it''s for his best, but he''s just so pitiful, wanting to crawl and pull up and he can''t.
15.gif
He''s getting perkier now though. It''s good to see him coming back to his old self. The nurses at our family Dr. office have always called him ''happy baby''. He''s just always full of joy. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming. THEY WORK!!!! He''s come a long way in the past few days. Add his big brother Dezi to your thoughts too. He''s four and it''s really hard on him too. He''s acting out really bad. He''s scared and jealous and confused. Thanks everyone. You all really mean alot to me.
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes to you and your family. . . it is so hard to see a little one hurt. Hopefully, this will mend the way they want and there won''t be a need for surgery!

We will be thinking of you!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MGR. Let''s hope for no surgery. I''m just afraid if they don''t do it, his arm won''t grow along with the other one. This was one of their concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results