shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or love

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
The Vegas thread got me thinking. I think I may be the only person that went to Vegas and hated it. Love the hotel and the gambling but I walked outside it was like Bizarro world for me..that says a lot since I live in NYC and anything goes here.

Another place I disliked that many ppl love was Paris. I love the architecture and museums but that was it. I was miserable about 90% of my time there.

What do you dislike that many ppl love??

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or lo

I hated Vegas too...the only thing I liked there was the Bellagio lobby (I LOVE Chiluhly) other than that, :knockout: (and I live in NYC too:)

I hate beets, which most people seem to love, and I am not a fan of baths. I am a shower girl all the way :bigsmile:

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

Spending a day at the beach. Sand, creatures, blinding sun, seaweed, dog poo and cigarette butts, no thanks! Direct me to the pool :sun:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

tomatoes, pickles, nuts, seafood, coffee, baths, sci fi movies, driving...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

Bella_mezzo said:
I hated Vegas too...the only thing I liked there was the Bellagio lobby (I LOVE Chiluhly) other than that, :knockout: (and I live in NYC too:)

I hate beets, which most people seem to love, and I am not a fan of baths. I am a shower girl all the way :bigsmile:

Hello my fellow NYer! I'm downtown are you in the city?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring said:
tomatoes, pickles, nuts, seafood, coffee, baths, sci fi movies, driving...

I dislike driving so much that I don't even have a license. No desire to drive

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TV
Bigotry disguised as morality
Vegas
Parties
Pot
Sports
Being in the sun-laying on the beach
Wanting all the latest gadgets
Nightlife
Family that treats you worse than they'd treat a stranger (You are my blood therefor XYZ...)
Feeling your country is superior to others - IOW patriotism
Status conferred from fancy university or degree level
Competition
Religions and politics
Wanting a perfect, better, larger house
Powerful cars
Excessive kitchen appliances
Being cool
Illegally downloading music
Weddings
WalMart
Kids
Fast food restaurants
Dishwashers
Getting ahead via networking

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

I didn't like switzerland... I could blame it on the fact that dh and I were fighting the whole time we were there, but we were fighting because of the anal retentive nature of the people we were dealing with and the lack of good food and the sterile environs failed to compensate. I'd give it another go, but only if it was on the way say driving from germany to italy or france again...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

traveling (living out of a suitcase)
taking pictures (even though I'm not ugly)
most desserts (give me savory over sweet anyday)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

A well kept lawn
All melons except watermelons
Polished nails
Beer
5 bedroom houses
Car society
Tomatoes
Pickles

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I live near the jersey shore so everyone here LOVES to go there. I HATE it. So, I'm not a beach person at all unless its the caribbean :sun:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

choro72 said:
A well kept lawn

Really? You don't like well kept lawns?

AMF: I hated London. If I ever go there again, I will make sure I go with someone that lives there or has lived there. I felt like the poeple there were not accepting of visitors. After a few hours, all I wanted was a burger to make me feel at home.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock

Lord of the Rings.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

i hate:

-olives
-traffic (haha, and i live in L.A)
-smog (see above)
-crowds (haha)
-humidity
-parents at disneyland who run over my ankles/ heels and dont apologize, while the kid apologizes (parents just say, "oops" or "oh"... grrr)
-Santa Monica to just north of Manhattan Beach. gross. (cigarette butts and broken glass, no thanks)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

I'll admit I've never been to Vegas, but I have no desire to go there - I just don't find it appealing. I also don't like Disney or that whole franchise (ok, I do like the movies I grew up with).

I don't really like steak. Most people I know love to go out to a nice steak dinner, but I never feel the urge. I did buy steaks for DH and I a few weeks ago, on a whim, but that's the first time either of us had had a steak in years. I don't dislike steak, I guess I just like other things more so there are always other things on the menu that grab my interest before the steaks. I do like hamburgers though!

Sushi. I also don't really dislike sushi or anything, but I like so many other things better that I don't really eat it - it doesn't really taste like anything but wasabi, soy sauce, and rice to me. I also can never seem to fill up on it, so it seems like more of an appetizer and I'm always waiting for the real food to come. I love all types of seafood though, and I think I should love sushi, so I keep trying it to see if I'll like it if I go to a better place.

eta: Oh yeah, going to the beach and being in the sun! I'm not a beach person.

Desserts - I don't have much of a sweet tooth, though if I do like a particular dessert I can polish off the whole thing.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Veggies.

Twilight. (shudder)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

For the life of me I cannot get into, nor do I "get" the love of spectator sports. The whole idea bores me beyond comprehension. My son was regularly on 3 different hockey leagues while he was growing up and I had to look interested. When I was shamed into going to a game I ALWAYS had a book in my bag.

Today husband and son have season tickets to the state hockey team and I am periodically invited. No thanks. I could care less about stats, mascots or anything else. Go, have a good time but please let me be!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

meresal said:
choro72 said:
A well kept lawn
Really? You don't like well kept lawns?
Nope, not in SoCal. Here I would like to see tall prairie grass and dandelions.

BEG reminded me, TWILIGHT!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock

atroop711 said:
Another place I disliked that many ppl love was Paris. I love the architecture and museums but that was it. I was miserable about 90% of my time there.

This was EXACTLY, and I mean word for word, the first thing that came to mind for me! Beautiful city, but so not for me, and I almost felt guilty feeling that way when I was there because it was so obvious that my husband adored it. I even felt that way in Notre Dame, and I LOOOOOVE churches, but it just wasn't impressive for me. Maybe my expectations were just too high for Paris because everyone else raves so much about it.

I also hate driving, and I live in a small, country, spread out area where EVERYONE drives every day, but I haven't even sat in the driver's seat of my car in months. Driving just terrifies me.

Vera Bradley bags. Everyone I know loves Vera Bradley, and all I can think is, "I got my Nana a VB purse for her 75th birthday."

Keeping the peace. I'm NOTORIOUS for playing Devil's Advocate, even if what I'm "just throwing out there" conflicts with what I personally believe. I think the best conversations involve an adversarial element. Perhaps I should've been a lawyer! :wacko:

doodle

Brilliant_Rock

B.E.G. said:
Veggies.

Twilight. (shudder)

::GASP:: How can you not love sparkly angsty teens?! :devil:

Yeah, add that to my list, too. As much as my BFF has tried to play Meyer Missionary, she will never convert me on that one!

Also, add baseball. I get into some college football like you wouldn't believe, but I only watch baseball to ogle the men's booties.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock

Sports Cars (especially convertibles, I just end up getting slapped in the face by my hair)

Tropical vacations (the sun gives me rashes and headaches and makes me VERY tired)

Little dogs

Cucumbers

Cheap people. I don't have a problem with frugal people, or people that like discounts or to save money... but those people that have you pay for dinner (And they pay you back in cash) and then say.. "Oh.. I my meal was about $25.. here is $26" and you say "What about the tip?" "That includes the tip." And it wasn't like service was bad, they just are cheap.

I very much hate people that tell me what to spend my money on. "You bought THAT for HOW MUCH?" "So, did you go shopping again today? "OH... is that NEW??" (In a snarky tone) Seriously? Worry about your own life.

coleslaw
dirty bathrooms (and when the host is even expecting a lot of people and you can't even clean your body hair off of the sink and floor?)
sauerkraut
sweet relish
basketball :saint:

soocool

Ideal_Rock

cell phones!

Maybe I don't want to be reachable 24/7. When I drive I just want to listen to the radio and sing my heart out. When I am shoping, I just want to shop. When I am outside with the dog, I just want to smell the roses and relax. But I have to keep that darn thing turned on all the time because of too many reasons.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock

Also I think some people are missing the "what other people like or love" aspect of this thread. Who likes traffic...?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Callisto said:
Also I think some people are missing the "what other people like or love" aspect of this thread. Who likes traffic...?

haha... my best friend's husband!! it's his time to "unwind" :lol:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Oh yes, and sports. Both playing and watching. And I especially loathe American football (especially after two years of ex-BF monopolizing the TV every weekend during football season)

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock

Same here! I loved the decadance of the hotels in Vegas but not vegas itself....

and I really didn't like Paris at all! I loved the architecture and museums, so on, but really not the city itself!

Also I hate:

Peanut butter
Bacon
Cantalope
eeeeeeeeeew

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Callisto said:

I actually LOVE traffic at the beginning of Spring or the middle of Fall, when it is about 80-85 degrees out, sunny, and I listen to my music with the windows down and the sunroof open. Seriously calming! And of course, only if I have nowhere to be :praise: Any other itme, I absolutely hate it... so I totally get what you mean.

Choro- I am baffled. LOL. My neighbor only cuts his lawn every 3 weeks and I am about this close to grabbing a pair of scissors and going at it myself!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Callisto said:
Sports Cars (especially convertibles, I just end up getting slapped in the face by my hair)

Tropical vacations (the sun gives me rashes and headaches and makes me VERY tired)

Little dogs
Cucumbers

I forgot about that one! Most people find small dogs cute, but I find that smaller are often too nervous and yappy.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock

I forgot a few:

Hiking
Professional Football
Ewan McGregor and Ellen Page
The Beatles

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results