carat
color
clarity

personal, professional changes for the New Year

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do people call them resolutions anymore?

Did you make any last year...and did you keep them?

Anyone planning of making any "resolutions" this year looking toward 2013--or rather how 'bout just calling them plans or changes?

What is on your list?

I'll start. I plan to sell all my jewellery except for my Cartier Trinity ring and wedding band.

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had resolutions of sorts, but the last two years, I easily met my goals: which was to read a certain amount of books. I kept track of all the books in 2011, but quit listing them in 2012 as I was going through so many. Now, books are piled up and I have three Kindles, so I'll probably read about the same amount as 2012 since I am reading up to three hours a day. I am going to make a book journal though, as it's fun to look back at all the titles!

Two more updates: I am going to organize the house top-to-bottom. Dh may make career change so that will mean I will be making changes around the house (like in decorating more and investing in some new furniture to help update everything & organize).

Not sure about jewelry. I will be buying a sentimental piece this year, but cannot say if it'll be in a few months or by the end of the year. It'll be a belated b-day present. There are three things I would like. I'm just not into needing it all, but I want three specific things.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1356898379|3342956 said:
HI:

Anyone planning of making any "resolutions" this year looking toward 2013--or rather how 'bout just calling them plans or changes?

What is on your list?

I'll start. I plan to sell all my jewellery except for my Cartier Trinity ring and wedding band.

cheers--Sharon

Oh no, why are you selling off most of your jewelry? You have such beautiful pieces that we all adore!

I don't have any resolutions but I'm wondering if I too should consolidate my jewelry further also and concentrate on potential upgrades for the future. Still contemplating whether to sell my VC 5 stone ring and VC dual shank halo in the future. Hate to have pieces sitting in a jewelry box not worn on a regular basis!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon I love all your pieces!

Maybe try to exercise more?

MC, I like the read more goal, I should do that! I enjoy reading!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hired an online trainer in November, so my goal is to lose the excess weight and get back in shape-the specific goal being to *look* like I could step on the competition stage but not actually *do* it. No real professional goals other than to get my CDA. Jewelry-wise, I just want to figure out what pieces I *need* to have to complete my collection instead of getting caught up in the oo oo oo I want that and that and that obsession.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To take back all the power I gave to others and move on.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1356900258|3342981 said:
Sharon I love all your pieces!

Maybe try to exercise more?

MC, I like the read more goal, I should do that! I enjoy reading!

Yeah, keeping the resolutions work better if you like the activity! (my unofficial ones are exercise more and eat more salads.)

Oh, I forgot...one change is I'm starting a class at the end of Jan. I signed up for a Coursera class. Should perk up a few brain cells.

And, the reading is good for you, Skippy, and your boys. They will see mamma reading and that will benefit them big time! It'll help them associate reading with part of life!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Canuck gal, I'll be watching the preloved section daily. :))

Kaleigh, good for you!

MC, I have two Coursera classes starting next week! So excited.

I have a stack of lovely titles in my to read pile, and I intend to get through them before our Europe trip in the summer.
I started my weight loss 'resolution' in Nov. I'm already down 9kg by just not snacking in the evening and reducing my portions a wee bit. I'll start with a trainer in a couple of weeks. I want to be able to wear a Missoni bikini this summer, and also not look terrible in my holiday pictures.
I'm saving for a birkin. I know it's a ridiculously expensive handbag, but I've wanted one for years and years. I've realised that I'll never stop wanting it, so I'm just going to buy it before the price goes completely out of reach.
I'd like a Cartier trinity ring for my semi-milestone birthday.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1356900814|3342997 said:
To take back all the power I gave to others and move on.

Ditto. Letting go is a beautiful thing!

Oh, and get a JOB! :read:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I have to exercise more. My husband now runs up to 8 miles a day and has lost 25 pounds since October.

I need to be inspired by him. :-o

I also need to complete my masters, pass another exam and help hubby pass his exam. :shock:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1356906863|3343067 said:
I have to exercise more. My husband now runs up to 8 miles a day and has lost 25 pounds since October.

oh wow, that is awesome that he runs 8 miles!!!

MC, I do go walking with the boys, but to try and get out there more since they keep me busy most days.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My goals for 2013 are to finish my MBA (this spring) and get to satisfaction with my employment situation. I have a good job that pays well, but I've had it a long time and no longer feel stimulated. Not sure what form the change will take yet. I'm giving myself to the end of the year to resolve that one as I'm thinking it will take awhile.

I have no goals beyond this, although I am toying with the idea of going back to ballet once I finish my studies and have more time (learned as an adult in my early-mid twenties before I had kids).

Anne

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1356907017|3343068 said:
rosetta|1356906863|3343067 said:

oh wow, that is awesome that he runs 8 miles!!!

MC, I do go walking with the boys, but to try and get out there more since they keep me busy most days.

Skippy, he couldn't climb 2 flights of stairs without becoming breathless 3 months ago. I am so very proud of him. :appl:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are making a cross-country move back west next year so I have a lot of purging to accomplish. It's liberating really, and I've started already of course. I will be organizing the new house and simplifying our lives as much as possible. I'm looking forward to having a lot less STUFF in our lives. ;))

No plans on jewellery whatsoever for next year, although technically it is our 30th anniversary. I think a new house is quite enough.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to try my darndest to be more properly organized this year...

...not sure how that'll go, though, since it seems to be my resolution every year... :nono: :lol: :???:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1356902947|3343023 said:

Kaleigh, good for you!

I have a stack of lovely titles in my to read pile, and I intend to get through them before our Europe trip in the summer.
I started my weight loss 'resolution' in Nov. I'm already down 9kg by just not snacking in the evening and reducing my portions a wee bit. I'll start with a trainer in a couple of weeks. I want to be able to wear a Missoni bikini this summer, and also not look terrible in my holiday pictures.
I'm saving for a birkin. I know it's a ridiculously expensive handbag, but I've wanted one for years and years. I've realised that I'll never stop wanting it, so I'm just going to buy it before the price goes completely out of reach.

JaneSmith - which classes are you taking?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Change is good and hoping to make back some change that I lost. :angryfire:

Do your due diligence ladies, and know what your accounts are. I know I am older, and trusted all to be managed.. Because I came from a family that was in the business. I am now finding out things, I could literally cry over. It's like being hit in the stomach times 10 and I have had such a hard year. SO No more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What is on your list?

cheers--Sharon

It is beyond my comprehension that most people read right past this!!!! :o I am really assuming you are teasing in a HUGE way, right???? :confused: :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1356899908|3342973 said:
HI:

What is on your list?

cheers--Sharon

Oh no, why are you selling off most of your jewelry? You have such beautiful pieces that we all adore!

I don't have any resolutions but I'm wondering if I too should consolidate my jewelry further also and concentrate on potential upgrades for the future. Still contemplating whether to sell my VC 5 stone ring and VC dual shank halo in the future. Hate to have pieces sitting in a jewelry box not worn on a regular basis!

Oh, goodness, temptation!!!! :devil:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
MC|1356914840|3343164 said:

Kaleigh, good for you!

Introduction to genetics and evolution, and critical thinking in global challenges.
You?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Boring old weight loss. I am going to lose the baby weight and the weight I gained after I met DH.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Next year, I plan to finish my BS (I know, I got a late start, and this is nothing compared to most other PSers). I also plan to improve my job situation, which will hopefully start this Thursday, when I apply for a job within my organization. It would be about 20% better pay, and I was encouraged to apply by the supervisor of that department, even though I don't quite meet the qualifications yet. Haven't told anyone but my hubby about it yet. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst, based on past experience within the culture there. If it's a no-go, I'll begin looking elsewhere.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1356924611|3343257 said:
MC|1356914840|3343164 said:

Kaleigh, good for you!

Introduction to genetics and evolution, and critical thinking in global challenges.
You?

Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life. I will be a student at the University of Edinburgh. :cheeky:

Be sure to post what you think of your classes!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CG- Why are you selling everything? I love many of your pieces! Hope everything is allright with you!

My "resolution" is nothing exciting. I want to loose the baby weight that I was never able to take off after DD was born. I'm still up about 20lbs and I would really ike to start loosing weight.

I guess my other thing I would like to work on sounds really corny, but it is to be a better mom. I work full time so my kids attend daycare during the week. My DH is gone often due to work so it is me with 2 little ones often. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with them. This year I really want to take a breathe and realize how wonderful my babies are and to enjoy them at this age. Sooner or later they will grow up and be to old for me to kiss away their pain or want to hold my hand in public.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
For my profession changes, mine is very straightforward and simple: take EVERY single opportunity at work and run with it. There are a lot of advancement opportunities and I really plan on taking full advantage of it.

I just accepted a position at a hospital and even though it's part time (with full-time potential) I plan on doing everything I can get that full-time status/bonus money.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Fitness is my big one. Finish my weight loss journey, hopefully by June. I lost 102 lbs. in 2012 and am working on approx. 35 more. Work on toning.

Professionally - I was a teacher previously but quit working after last school year and am focusing on me. I did recently get my license to teach Zumba and will be teaching three classes every week. I'll be working on improving as an instructor and trying to become comfortable teaching. A fitness instructor....crazy! :)

I will also be working on organizing and de-cluttering in 2013. I want to unburden myself of all the unnecessary stuff. This includes my jewelry. I have many nice pieces and I wear very few. It's time to let go of material objects that go unappreciated here and can be appreciated by someone else.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[

Oh, and get a JOB! :read:[/quote]

Congratualtions on finishing your program!

What is your "dream" job? Do you hae plans yet?

cheers--Sharon

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1356958967|3343466 said:
CG- Why are you selling everything? I love many of your pieces! Hope everything is allright with you!

My "resolution" is nothing exciting. I want to loose the baby weight that I was never able to take off after DD was born. I'm still up about 20lbs and I would really ike to start loosing weight.

I guess my other thing I would like to work on sounds really corny, but it is to be a better mom. I work full time so my kids attend daycare during the week. My DH is gone often due to work so it is me with 2 little ones often. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with them. This year I really want to take a breathe and realize how wonderful my babies are and to enjoy them at this age. Sooner or later they will grow up and be to old for me to kiss away their pain or want to hold my hand in public.

Sarah. I've got 20 pounds to lose as well. We should encourage each other! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't make resolutions cuz I don't keep them. Case in point, last year at this time, I said no more hair products until my cupboard is empty, and the next day I bought three new items...I give stuff away at work so I can buy new things.... :rolleyes:

I do think about selling my jewellery, especially my ER, but I am not realisitic about how much I'd get back, so I keep it. I would like to downsize my collection to a greater extent--but I have a problem that I keep buying! It is difficult to enjoy everything since I cannot wear many pieces things to work and I work a lot. So it sits. Unworn--it seems not only wasteful but miserly.

I like what Lisa said about taking her power back. Now if I could only figure out how to do that......

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results