shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordering furniture online - NCarolina recommendations?!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I am in process of looking for a dining set. I would like good quality reasonably priced. Many of the sets now have upholstered chairs, but with my two small kids I'd rather get chairs with wood seats. I am looking for a two tone set with black/brown combo. Anyways, any reputable online/order by phone places you'd recommend? I've heard great things about North Carolina, but there is no chance I'd get down there. Thanks!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The best way to order from the NC stores is if you'll be furnishing a whole room or you're buying a lot of furniture. The shipping costs are just too high to otherwise justify it.

What type of style are you looking for?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I don't have time to help look but I do buy furniture for clients from Macy's. If you're worried about the upholstered chairs, I believe you can buy a service plan for the fabric and they will clean it or replace it in that service period.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lizzyann!

When we lived in NC a few years ago, we went to an awesome furniture mall in Hickory, NC, called Hickory Furniture Mart. http://www.hickoryfurniture.com/.. I love that place!
We bought our dining set from there (from a store called Hickory Park) and we love it. It was very reasonably priced, casual, and the chairs aren't upholstered. Our set isn't two toned but a dark, espresso color.

A lot of stores up here buy from NC, so if you went to Winchendon Furniture or some of the shops in Gardner, you might find what you're looking for.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You can contact Furnitureland South just out side of High Point, NC- it is HUGE!!!!! Prices are good and they will also usually match a lower price if you can find it. They have designers that will search for what you want (no extra charge) that are on the phone all the time. I have purchased lots of furniture from them-very reputable. About the shipping- several times a year they will usually offer free shipping (includes out of state)- just ask them when the net free shipping dates are.

There used to be a few other great discount furniture places around High Point, but one by one they have all gone out of business. Furnitureland South is the last remaining one that I'd recommend. Oops just remembered Boyles Furniture- not sure if they are still in business-but they are or were a nice discount furniture store,too.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
We got some from Overstock.com. $2.95 shipping and they have some great quality items. You can order them and send them back if they're not to your liking...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts everyone!!!

Heraanderson, I'm glad to hear you have liked Macy's quality in the past. Makes me feel better if I go that route. I wonder if you can use coupons on their furniture?

Zoe, thanks for the tips! I checked out their website and they have some great stuff!

Pinkjewel, thank you! Free shipping seems worth the wait if I decide to order online!

Webdiva, I saw a bunch of nice sets come up on overstock! Glad to hear you had good luck with them!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is very taste-specific, but we had a guy custom make our dining table down in Pawtucket, RI. The name of his business is Lorimer Workshop and his work is fantastic. He uses reclaimed wood and his tables are beautiful. Ours is a simple farmhouse style table, but he also does turned-leg tables that look like something out of a french countryside. I found the tables to be reasonably-priced considering that they are custom and hand-crafted. We have an 8.5' table and I think it was a shade over or under $1K. A custom bench to go with the table was another $400 or $500. I'm not exactly sure because it was my push present, so I didn't get the invoice.

The only problem is that he doesn't make chairs. We ended up ordering chairs from Vermont Farm Table for the non-bench side of the table

If you're looking for something for a formal dining room, this option might be too rustic. But I thought I'd throw it out there.

www.lorimerworkshop.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results