shape
carat
color
clarity

Oprah''s big announcement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone watch Oprah today. She kept talking about a big announcement and I couldn''t help but to see that in addition to her pinky ring, she was wearing a ring on her Ering finger. Turns out, she''s just making more money( I mean she has a new radio show)
8.gif
Anyone get a close up of the ring. Anyone know why she''s wearing it on her ring finger. Don''t she KNOW better than to do that to people like us
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait she had this huge announcement and it''s just that she is making more money???? that seems really pretentious to me!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Well, technically she was announcing her new radio show. I heard on inside edition that she''s getting like 15 million. She said something about playing recordings of her and Gails phone conversations
33.gif
This is what I get for not paying that much attention to things.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I do believe I read in the Chicago Sun-Times this morning that she signed a $55 million contract with XM radio to host "Oprah and Friends." That''d be just cause for me to go out and buy a cute lil pinky ring if I was her!
face23.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
AAHH I was off about 40 million
32.gif
But, she already had the pinky ring, this ring was next to it on her ERing finger.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she''s had an engagement ring for a while, at least a few years but she says she is never getting married.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s just a woman full of mystery.... have you ever imagined what it would be like to be her for a day or so? I can''t even wrap my little mind around all that it takes to be Oprah, Queen of Talk Show Hosts Extraordinaire. I''m not being entirely tongue-in-cheek here, I do think that it takes a tremendous person to make the life for themselves that she has and to be such an inspiration to so many people. There are times when she impresses me with her brilliance, and also times when I go "what the hell?" She has definitely had an impact on my generation and will continue to be a major influence through her XM station. I guess she''ll have to compete with Howard Stern now...how funny is that?! Whatever, I''m sticking to my NPR.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was on her after Christmas show where she said IF she was ever going to get married she would announce it on her show. This was after she and Stedman were on their pivate plane and the window was shattered. Tabloids had specualted that this scare made Oprah want to make that walk down the aisle.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 11:21:02 PM
Author: kaleigh
I think it was on her after Christmas show where she said IF she was ever going to get married she would announce it on her show. This was after she and Stedman were on their pivate plane and the window was shattered. Tabloids had specualted that this scare made Oprah want to make that walk down the aisle.
I saw the episode Lisa''s referring to regarding telling her fans first and foremost if she ever decides to get married. I TiVo her show and if it sounds like an interesting episode, I''ll watch. For Oprah as a worldwide humanitarian, I have great respect for the woman. She has brought much injustice to light that many people never knew about before. As a personality...she can irritate me sometimes.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 11:35:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 2/10/2006 11:21:02 PM
Author: kaleigh
I saw the episode Lisa''s referring to regarding telling her fans first and foremost if she ever decides to get married. I TiVo her show and if it sounds like an interesting episode, I''ll watch. For Oprah as a worldwide humanitarian, I have great respect for the woman. She has brought much injustice to light that many people never knew about before. As a personality...she can irritate me sometimes.

Absolutely, Firegoddess. She has most definitely fulfilled her duties as a humanitarian in the role she''s taken on as a role model/public speaker. I will never forget (personally) the show she did on female genital mutilation a few years ago...I was in a Women''s Studies course at the time in college or maybe even before or after the show aired and I was amazed to see how in tune she was with the rest of the world. Her talent lies in that she is able to (of course with the aid of people who stay abreast of world issues for her) find issues that matter to many, while at the same time she remains somewhat unbiased, IMO. I do not watch her show, I do not follow her period, but I have a certain respect for her good-doings and what I perceive to be the fact that she feels it necessary in her life to do good things for others.

So I guess we can all sit back and wait for her engagement announcement????
36.gif
Maybe?? Or will she shrink into XM obscurity (sp?) for years to come? Well, I guess we''ll see her on the red carpet at some point and press our noses to our t.v.''s for the ring shot, hee hee!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that makes more sense than she''s just getting a raise!! hahah!

i find most of her stuff really interesting and her story is also interesting.

the color purple is one of my fave movies and i will never forget her in it way back when!!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
[/quote]

I agree 100%.
Oprah the personality nowadays bugs the hell outta me, but she is one of those celebrities who has really used her celebrity and wealth for good, and I applaud her for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results