shape
carat
color
clarity

Only YOU will understand...

baroque

Shiny_Rock
my annoyance today...

I went to a B&M store to look at settings and maybe stackers...and the sales person kept picking up settings and saying "oh, this comes in for a 2 carat stone"...ahem, I told you in the beginning that my stone is 2.538 carats, then I told you again, my stone is TWO POINT FIVE FOUR EIGHT. Then I said - 2 and A HALF carats...can you get it for that size? I know that sounds really bitchy, but really? I felt like she was selling my diamond short!!! OK, rant over. I'm really NOT a biotch, and I was actually polite, but I just felt like it was very "un-diamond-like" of her and if I told this to any of my friends they wouldn't get it, but I knew you would!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most sales people in bricks and mortar store are idiots. That is unfortunately how it seems to be....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's always disappointing when jewelry salespeople appear less knowledgeable.
Makes me scared to leave my jewelry with them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're just ignorant. Don't take it personally.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't feel bad, a saleslady at Diamonds International in St. Thomas asked if I would like to upgrade my (3.01 F-SI1) pear to a 2 ct J-I1 pear. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1433733959|3886429 said:
Don't feel bad, a saleslady at Diamonds International in St. Thomas asked if I would like to upgrade my (3.01 F-SI1) pear to a 2 ct J-I1 pear. :lol:

Hahaha now that's someone who needs a bit more education re diamonds. :lol:

Baroque, don't take it personally. I agree with the others here. That person is ignorant and is not going to make many sales that way pissing off the customer base. She saved you from buying her inferior jewels so actually you should be thankful she made that gaffe.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I ignore the folks at B&M for the most part. They have no clue what they're talking about.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol:

baroque said:
my annoyance today...

I went to a B&M store to look at settings and maybe stackers...and the sales person kept picking up settings and saying "oh, this comes in for a 2 carat stone"...ahem, I told you in the beginning that my stone is 2.538 carats, then I told you again, my stone is TWO POINT FIVE FOUR EIGHT. Then I said - 2 and A HALF carats...can you get it for that size? I know that sounds really bitchy, but really? I felt like she was selling my diamond short!!! OK, rant over. I'm really NOT a biotch, and I was actually polite, but I just felt like it was very "un-diamond-like" of her and if I told this to any of my friends they wouldn't get it, but I knew you would!

Don't buy from her if she can't even remember a simple thing like diamond size. If she's so not serious and uneducated, it's hard to rely on her to help you out if there's a problem with the final product. I'm sure you have come across SAs who insist something is perfect/excellent/best even though it's apparent there's something wrong with the product because they are too lazy to lift a finger once money exchanges hands. My friend went to collect her newly made glasses and the glasses were too far out, not perched on her nose properly. It's a easy fix to bend the ends, right? The lazy SA told her that glasses are far out are good as the lenses won't touch her eyelashes :o :shock: :lol: :roll:

baroque

Shiny_Rock

OMG...Now THAT is crazy and tragic! Were they blinded by the sparkle in your stone, that HAD to be it!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys, I knew you would understand. No, I won't be buying anything from her...and yes, she is not educated in her profession. It's aggravating really, I would think, if you work at "Portland's Largest Selection of Engagement Rings and Diamonds"! you would have some sense of diamond knowledge and diamond etiquette, or at least listening skills! On a positive note...a customer looked at my ring today and said "that's the biggest diamond ring I've ever seen"...I just hate that... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results