shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, I lost my rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
For about 10 minutes today!!!!!
6.gif
I swear, I *never* take them off anywhere else but my ring vase so I don't know what happened.
7.gif
I went on a frantic hunt, dumped my bag, tore out clothes from my drawers (to search pockets). My heart was racing, my hands were sweating, I was in a total PANIC!!!!!
23.gif
My kids were like, "What?? You LOST your rings?????"

DH clearly could see I was looking for something and I couldn't even find the words to tell him what I was looking for until a few more panicky minutes went by and finally confessed. He began to help me look, then found them way on the edge of the phone books by our phone nook, so I must have been on the phone, TALKING, not paying attention, and the scariest thing is that I have no recollection of leaving them there.
7.gif
He walks away, shaking his head.
38.gif

OK with Laney's broken diamond thread, I've been seriously thinking that I need to get my ring(s) insured. But did I proceed? NOOOOOOOOOO.....
38.gif
If this wasn't a wake up call
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
, I don't know what would be..........

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! you scared me with that subject line! I''m so glad your rings are safe and sound!! THat horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach like you''re going to be sick when you''ve lost something important or valuable is horrible.
Are you planning on getting them insured? Probably one of those one in a million things if you ever need to use it, but better to be safe than sorry.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You scared the living dayllights out of me!!!
6.gif
32.gif
14.gif
Iis this revenge for MMM''s "Something bad happened to Jennifer" thread?
2.gif
3.gif

OMG-the scray thing is I have done things like that--misplaced items and had absolutely no recolelction of doing so...scary. they say after 25, your memory slowly begins to fail...GREAT>

Now, GET THOSE RINGS INSURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kmom, I saw the title of this thread and my heart sank. You must get them insured ASAP!!! I have done the same thing as you have, been busy chatting on the phone, take my rings off to do stuff around the house, and then am like OMG, where are my rings. I was given a pretty ring holder that is on my bedside table and I have made it a routine to come home take them off and put them on the ring holder. It has saved me a lot of hassle. I highly recommend it.
2.gif
Now get those rings insured woman!!!!
1.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god!!! my heart just dropped! coz to be very honest i had one too many scary similar incidents and i know how it feels! just yesterday i took off my ring coz i wanted to wipe my hands with one of those ''wet ones'' and for the ODDEST reason, i drove off and then five minutes later when i unconsciously go to touch my ring it wasn''t there
23.gif
i nearly had a heart attack and was about to slam on the breaks! luckily the roads wasn''t that crowded and even though i *KNEW* for a fact that it must have fallen out of my lap while driving and could have gone no where i was still frantic! luckily i stopped at a traffic lite a couple of seconds later and got my baby back!!!! ahhhhh..what a dreadful dreadful feeling!!!
14.gif

i''m very happy that u found them!! and yes, do get them insured ASAP!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-mom
that''s scary,glad you found it .
36.gif
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh* of relief.

When I saw that title, I was freaking out! I''m glad you didn''t really lose it. And yes, get them insured ASAP! Who knows if next time you might be so lucky!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely a freaky experience!!! solution, don''t take them off or if you do, always put them in the same place!! then get them insured. you''ll have much more peace of mind!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 1:23:31 AM
Author: Mara
definitely a freaky experience!!! solution, don''t take them off or if you do, always put them in the same place!! then get them insured. you''ll have much more peace of mind!
You are not kidding it was freaky, I WAS FREAKING OUT!!!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Sorry for the scare y''all, but I just had to share. The strangest thing is I usually replace it to my ring tray, immediately when I return home, cuz I don''t even like doing dishes or cooking in them.
20.gif
On an occasion or two, I set them into my cleaner (and briefly forgot
23.gif
when I went looking but immediately recalled where they were), but other than that, they are always in my ring tray. When I realized they were gone, I checked the cleaner immediately, even if I knew I didn''t put them there. Then I began to tear the house apart.
15.gif
But the freakiest thing is I have absolutely NO recollection of placing them by the phone books. None. And all I kept thinking in my state of panic was, darn they are not even insured!!!!
6.gif

You can bet I''ll be updating my appraisal to get insurance, like REAL soon. Thanks for the support guys. All is well, my rings are resting nicely in their ring tray where they should be.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OT, Milly, welcome to Pricescope! Your avatar is adorable, is that your DD and her doggie? Both are too cute!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
K-mom, I''ve done that very thing several times. I never panic, though, b/c they always turn up. Now I do the Kaleigh thing...I almost always put my rings on a ring holder when I take them off. (Or on the computer printer...or the bedside table...or the bath salts container in the bathroom....)
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--my heart sank when I read the thread line--but now realize you found them and am glad. What a scary business!!

cheers--Sharon

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
EEEEEEK!!! You scared me K-Mom!!
32.gif

SOOOOOOOO glad you found them..... now go get insurance!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad this story had a happy ending. Last week I was in the grocery store with a full cart, and all of a sudden I notice I''m not wearing my ring. I started to panic once I noticed I had on my earrings, bracelets, and right hand ring. I didn''t know how I could forget to put my ring on if I had remembered to put everything else on! I really, really wanted to just park that cart somewhere in the store and speed home to check my jewelry box, but I managed to control myself. Worst thing is, I figured the self-check lane would be faster, but I had problems scanning almost every item!! You know you''re in a bad mood when you''re swearing at the grocery computer. When I finally got home, my ring was safe and sound in my jewelry box. Still don''t know how I forgot to put it on. Get those suckers insured!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
On a related note. My maternal grandmother got married in the 1930's. My grandfather bought her a very pretty engagement ring-- ornate white gold or platinum with a small center diamond of about .15 points with filigree surrounding it. Well, she lost the ring somewhere and my grandfather replaced the engagement ring with an almost identical copy. One day I was visiting her and she gave me a box of old broken, worn and out of fashion costume jewelry to play with. Most of the items were single clip on art deco earrings, bracelets with broken clasps, bead necklaces etc. Stuff that your average 8 year old girl would have a ball with (along with all the old 40's and 50's prom dresses of my mother's and aunts' she saved for us grandkids to play dress up in)

As I was digging through my box of treasure I came across a very pretty ring with a small diamond in it. I took the ring to my granny and asked her if I could have it. Her eyes got big and she asked me where I'd found it. I said in the box of jewelry she'd given me. It was her engagement ring she'd lost many many years ago! No one had any idea how it had gotten in the box of junk jewelry. She told me that she would let me have it some day.

Twenty years later my granny was very ill in a nursing home. My grandfather had been gone for 13 years or so but she still wore her wedding set on her left hand and the old engagement ring on her right. My granny had told my mom and my uncle that she wanted me to have the engagement ring I'd asked for when I was 8 when she passed and for my cousin to get the set that she wore (my cousin was engaged and was very close to my granny, she wanted to wear the rings for her wedding set some day) My granny took a turn for the worse and became incoherent, she passed away a week later. When my aunts and uncle went to collect her belongings they noticed that her rings were gone. Stolen right off her hand while she was unconsious by someone in the nursing home. NICE HUH!! I was disappointed but my cousin was devastated. It's not that the rings were even worth a whole lot of money, they were just of such sentimental value. I came across the box of junk jewelry at my mom's a few years ago and I gave it to my cousin. She was thrilled with it. Almost like an 8 year old kid.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 5:26:39 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
OT, Milly, welcome to Pricescope! Your avatar is adorable, is that your DD and her doggie? Both are too cute!
2.gif
Whew! I do like scary stories with happy endings!
1.gif

OT: I''ve got to agree...Millly''s avatar is the cutest picture ever!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

widget

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
oh, pear crazy, that is horrible! I would have flown into such a rage it would have been unimaginable. I''m so sorry that happened. All you can do is hope that karma really and truly is a bitch to whatever sleazebag did that.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Pearcrazy....OMG...I was so taken by your sweet story about your grandmother, and then so horrified by the ending. How sad.

My mom passed away at home but with 24-hour nursing care. It seemed people were coming and going all the time towards the end. Her rings weren't stolen, thank heavens, but after it was all over we did find several things missing...including a gold watch of my Dad's which was of huge sentimental value to my brother.

It is such a horrible shame that there are people in the world that would take such advantage of others so vulnerable...
7.gif

widget

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Pearcrazy, that was a very touching and sad story you shared. Hopefully payback will be double.
11.gif
29.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh! pearcrazy, that is such a sad story. the thought of someone having the nerve to do that just makes me so mad and upset.

the others are right...karma will get those people back somehow. i guess its just something to remember about keeping valuables safe even if it is a nursing home/hospital sort of situation, you never know
20.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
something similar that happened to pearcrazy just happened to someone very close to me, not even two weeks ago. it''s so disgusting i can''t even bring myself to talk about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results