shape
carat
color
clarity

OH/MI GTG? Maybe? Possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
A carry-over from BWW...

After a discussion about Fat Tire & kegerators popped up, we realized that a few ladies were from OH, MI, IN, and willing to try and arrange a get-together sometime... anytime, really (though I''d prefer a few days past Turkey Day, personally
3.gif
... because I''ll be in the area then!)

But anyway- any Ohioans or Michigan(ites?) lurking here on PS? Anyone interested? Potentially interested?

Speak up!
9.gif
It would be a fun time! Some Fat Tire, some bling, and befriending fellow PSers. What''s not to love?!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very Interested!
35.gif

ETA: Michigander!
9.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Super interested!!
9.gif

Yay for meeting some "real life" PS friends!

Detroit, Michigan here
35.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! Any particular months/weeks work well for you guys?

Lee I always assumed you were a New Yorker
3.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
yuppers! columbus, oh!! anytime over the holidays ill be around!!!!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:47:02 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Woohoo! Any particular months/weeks work well for you guys?

Lee I always assumed you were a New Yorker
3.gif

I wondered if people thought that...
5.gif

When I joined, I was an LIW hoping for a New Year''s Eve wedding, hence "NY" stands for "New Year''s" to me, and the "Lee" is a piece of my first name, spelled differently.

Anyway, I depending on how far I''d have to go, I can make anytime work, really. The wedding is two months away, so that is sucking up a lot of time, but between T-day and the December holidays could be good!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Another Michigander here.... I''m always around, so let me know when!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ann Arbor, MI here. I''m usually out of state for the holidays, but definitely here between them. :)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP!

I know there''s more of you!
11.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Cleve-OH here!
1.gif
A get-together might be kind of fun, I haven''t done one of those since I got together with my old Everquest guild so many years ago (OMG SO NERDY).

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
My only real availability is the weekend & week after Thanksgiving, but if that time doesn''t work for most, that''s quite alright
1.gif

Where''s a good location? And are we crazy for bringing Columbus and Ann Arbor people together?
3.gif
Thank goodness the OSU/MIchigan game is Nov 21st!! (I joke- I''m not really a die-hard fan).

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Lurking more than posting here right now, but I''d try to make a GTG. I''m in MI, not too far from Ann Arbor.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 1:38:40 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
My only real availability is the weekend & week after Thanksgiving, but if that time doesn''t work for most, that''s quite alright
1.gif

Where''s a good location? And are we crazy for bringing Columbus and Ann Arbor people together?
3.gif
Thank goodness the OSU/MIchigan game is Nov 21st!! (I joke- I''m not really a die-hard fan).

Hahaha... I may be an Ann Arborite, but I''m not a Wolverine fan.
3.gif

I''m not sure of a good location... I know Ashley''s in Ann Arbor has a HUGE beer selection, but no Fat Tire.
14.gif

And yes, it is completely selfish of me to suggest an Ann Arbor location. I''m down for anywhere though!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I AM a wolverine fan (I''m an alum, it''s hard to break that loyalty!) but am quite friendly with the Buckeyes. And yes, the game will be over by the 21st
2.gif
My bachelorette party is the day of the big game, with the game itself a key activity!

Anyway, I will second Ashley''s in Ann Arbor, great beer selection! And selfishly is close to my home and my office is like 1 mile away. But happy to travel for PS ladies!

Weekend or week after t-day is great for me, anytime!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m in indiana (not a hoosier though, i had chosen a better indiana school
31.gif
) although from the sound of it i most likely won''t be able to make it as it seems it''d be a bit far (ann arbor would be a 7-8 hour drive)
7.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I would also be interested! How fun!
36.gif
36.gif

I have not totally solidified my Turkey travel plans, but I should be able to come up to AA for the GTG. I know little about NW OH, but from everything I have heard it abysmal compared to SW MI.

I am a Buckeye, but I keep promise I can keep it civil even after several good beers. As a huge nerd, first and foremost, I am much more into the academic rivalry and would throw all our sports teams under the bus in a second for the edge in the academic battle (which we are sooooo not winning).

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m game for the Sat/Sun after Turkey Day, or any day during the following work week.

I''ll be in Cleveland, so AA is 2.5 hours away. Not bad, at all! I trust the Ann Arborites on choosing locations. I can haul some Fat Tire and 2 Below from Denver and maybe we can smuggle it in
2.gif
Since there are quite a few beer connoisseurs, let me know if there are any other NB brews you''d like to try!

Is Ashley''s a bar/restaurant? I''d be nice to socialize over a good meal, too!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashleys is a bar/restaurant.

http://www.ashleys.com/Ann%20Arbor%20Menu.pdf

The food is pretty OK for bar food.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I can fully support the suggestion of Ashley''s in Ann Arbor (I work barely 2 blocks away!), but NOT the weekend immediately following Turkey Day!! DH and I are heading to Pittsburgh to visit his family and won''t be coming back until sometime Sunday.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m interested! I live right outside Toledo, Ohio and only about 45 minutes away from Ann Arbor. I don''t know what my Turkey Day plans are yet - but weekends are the best for me since I''m a working mom.
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I'm up in Auburn Hills - Ann Arbor sounds like a fab idea! Any weekend works for me - except for the Sun after Thanksgiving. My nephew is getting baptized. Although, that's in the morning, so an afternoon/evening could work!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, well it sounds like everyone is pretty agreed on Ashleys. Yes?

I''m assuming it should probably be a weekend night, since that''s easiest for everyone.

I know quite a few people are busy Turkey Day weekend... are those who preferred Turkey Day weekend unavailable any other weekend? Or could you still make it if we did it a different weekend?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 10:43:47 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Ok, well it sounds like everyone is pretty agreed on Ashleys. Yes?

I''m assuming it should probably be a weekend night, since that''s easiest for everyone.

I know quite a few people are busy Turkey Day weekend... are those who preferred Turkey Day weekend unavailable any other weekend? Or could you still make it if we did it a different weekend?

I can really only swing Turkey Day weekend or the following week (I''ll be leaving for Denver two weekends after Thanksgiving), but if most people prefer a different weekend, that''s definitely fine. I''ll be there in spirit!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''m up for the weekend of thanksgiving- afternoons are better since i have a little drive from ohio to....ahem....that state up north.

3.gif
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m open that Saturday or Sunday following Turkey Day... and no significant plans any other weekend this year (minus holiday stuff) so I''m pretty flexible.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so there''s absolutely no way I''ll be here for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but if the GTG was dinnertime on Sunday then I might be able to swing it. It would just depend on what time DH and I got back into town. Only catch for Sundays is that Ashley''s closes at 10pm instead of their usual midnight or 1am. However, given that most people would have to be back at work early the next morning, that probably isn''t a big deal. Also, perk for anyone coming in from outside Ann Arbor - city street and garage parking is all free on Sundays.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results