carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace was lovely to work with.
Where would Joy be now without Grace's kind help : )

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It posted 5 times!!! I'm like that annoying old lady who keeps telling the same story over again!! It wouldn't post last night so I kept stopping it and trying again then gave up and went to bed. Sorry for that!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still at work but wanted to show you these from Sunday

20170115_131144.jpg

20170115_135235.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, Scandi- I think that cold of yours must have been contagious. Between a nasty cold and being underwater on finishing up some work, I've been lying pretty low for the last few days.

The upside is that I was able too (oops, I mean, had to) skip a social/work thing tonight and stay home in front of the fire with takeout Japanese food and the dogs. Dogs- we have two flatcoats. Scandi, I understand flatcoats have setter in their ancestry. People keep telling me that's why they're so bonkers... I do love setters, too. We were actually initially going to get a red and white setter, but sadly, the pup that the breeders were going to keep died, so we let them keep the one we were meant to have.

Missy- If Greg is a martini guy, he needs to try Portobello Road No. 171 gin - he won't look back at Hendricks! Is it nosy to ask what kind of law he does? My husband does international arbitration. He was initially with a New York firm when we came here and now is in the London office of a LA firm. Happy Martin Luther King Day - I'm glad you posted that. Obviously, it's a non-holiday here, but it's good to be reminded of how important a day it is. I love your kitty photos-- they look so content with their lot. Do you have a view of Grand Army Plaza from your apartment? Lucky you! Finger crossed for good results on the biopsy.

Junebug- What part of New Jersey are you in? I've always loved the fact that the character of place changes so quickly in New Jersey--artsy, horsey, beachy, classy, honky tonk, suburban, rural--it's like having about ten different states in a small geographical area. The combination of NJ and SC sounds pretty unbeatable, and I can certainly understand being reluctant to say goodbye to a place you've lived for twenty years. Sorry to hear about your husband's car accident- good to hear no one was injured, and it sounds like you've had a nice trip there to clean up the loose ends.

Scandi - I loved the footprint photo. I had to look up Capercaillies. Apparently they're a kind of grouse that is almost extinct in the UK, with only a few left in Scotland. Do you actually ever see them? From the pictures online, they look like they'd be stunning against the snow. Have you really never seen an OEC? Something tells me you are going to enjoy your trip to NY.

Callie- You need to come to London with your husband one of these times. We can't compare to NY for diamond shopping, but they Grey's Antiques arcade is a fun stroll. What did you decide on the Prada bag? I hate shopping (I have to confess, I do almost all of it through Net A Porter because in London they deliver it same day, you can try it on at home, and they come and collect whatever you want to return), but the last time we were in NY, I did buy a pair of Prada boots. My goal now is to wear them enough to get the price per wear down to a reasonable level.

Marcy- I hope there wasn't too much unpleasant fallout from the reviews. In my second job, post-college, I had to fire someone about twenty years older than I was. Even though it was deserved, and wasn't a surprise, it was awful. I hear you on dropping the sapphires--one of my good diamond studs is currently residing under, or possibly behind, the dishwasher in Maine due to a similar tendency to drop things. We're having work done on the house, so I'm going to wait until it isn't a construction disaster to have them pull the dishwasher out. I can't wait to your earrings all set- they sound like they're going to be gorgeous. Was there fluorescence? P.S. Italy- totally go! It's fabulous, and so much to explore.

Azstonie- I hear you on the sugar thing. I'm having a post-holiday sugar and alcohol-free month. I'm missing the sugar way more than the alcohol. Or I guess I should say, I'm missing my straight sugar more than I'm missing my sugar delivered via alcohol. :lol:

Rainwood - Is it nosy if I ask what island? Sorry about your heat- that's no fun, but good that it got straightened out so quickly. I totally agree with the Trump stuff you posted. Depressing reading, though. We were at a dinner party on Saturday night, my one big social outing for the weekend because of the cold. it was a very international group and I would say ninety percent of the conversation was about politics. Things are pretty alarming everywhere.

Jimianne- It sounds like you had a great trip. Your photos are great (including the ones you all are in). It's not a trip to NY without a good transportation story, I always think. Here in London it's almost like a one-upmanship kind of thing- who has the worst story on a given day. Glad you are home safely and that the doggies got treats out of it.

Have a great day, everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hope you feel better soon. You are a trooper going in to the office though. Pretty snow picture.

Rainwood, Marty like crowds and exploring so it sounds like he’d enjoy Italy. Darn that you had HVAC problems but definitely it was fortunate you were there when it happened. Lucky spots on the ferry going to the island and back. Quick on and off. Sweet. I faithfully read all 5 posts from you in case I missed something.

Rainwood, I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience in NYC. That is good to know that having door to door service is possible there too. I’d struggle with walking and walking all day. The diamond district sounds amazing and how nice you found a jeweler you like and trust. How could Adam not love Joy?

Missy, I guess men don’t do small talk (or what they consider small talk). I strike up conversations waiting in line. LOL to a 5-hour phone call with a NIRDI. I get that you’d have that much to talk about though. How did your eye exam go? Darn that the doctor didn’t call with Greg’s results. Great photo of you and Greg.

Jaaron, I hope you are feeling better soon. Oh no that you dropped an earring under the dishwasher at your place in Maine. I hope you find it. Marty bought me a bypass pearl ring for Christmas one year. I was pulling off a sweater with cuffs and a cuff caught on the ring and popped off one of the pearls. We both watched it fly across the room and go right down the vent for the furnace. You could hear it rolling around then falling. I couldn’t make that shot if I tried. Marty had to go in the basement and stick his arm in the furnace tubes and hunt around for the pearl. My sapphires were not fluorescent. Darn.

I gave 4 of my 5 performance appraisals today. Most of them went okay; I just went over the highlights and indicated what their score was; they usually don’t want to read them in front of me. This one girl vented for an hour about how fed up she is with the mean girl negative nellies. I told her she has every right to tell them she is trying to concentrate or simply tell them she doesn’t agree with what they are saying. She said she is afraid of their wrath if she does stand up to them. My boss told me dealing with my team is like pushing a giant boulder up the hill with my tongue. I have one more review to give and it won’t be pleasant. I worked about 30 minutes late but I put my car in Sport mode and drove home as fast as I felt I could without getting a ticket. I felt better.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jaaron, I hope you are feeling better today. And duly noted re the gin and saved and sent to my dh. Thank you!
My dh is an environmental lawyer. He loves what he does and he also teaches which he also enjoys very much. International arbitration sounds exciting and how wonderful it allowed you to relocate to London and enjoy living there. And having a beach home in Maine is the best of both worlds.

We have the Grand Army view from our apartment (the views I shared here are from our living room, library, workout room and master bedroom. Our other view is the bay and the city so there are no bad views from our apartment (IMO) and one of the things I fell in love with when we decided to move here. The location and the views. I will miss it terribly should we decide to move when we retire. Which is looking likely unless we can find that money tree!

I love dogs and hope one day we can rescue a couple of dogs and add to our kitty family. One day! I never heard of flatcoats and would love to see photos of your sweet dogs if you felt like sharing. Animals are the best and most of the time I prefer them over people. LOL I know that makes me sound awful but I did say most people and not all people because there are some pretty terrific people and I am very lucky to know some of them (many right here in the NIRDI thread!).

I know you said your children are going to school in the states and they want to relocate to England after they graduate. May I ask what field they are interested in pursuing?

Thank you for the good wishes re my dh's biopsy. No news yet.

Rainwood, I am in suspense and looked through my emails this morning for an update. LOL I am pathetic I know living vicariously through you girls but I am so excited if/when one of us finds something that brings us blingy joy so was just hoping and anticipating...

And LOL I did notice all those repeat posts but since I always when you share here I didn't mind at all. I would rather your post repeats five times than have no posts at all from you. :appl:

Jimmianne, any new thoughts? I am with you all the way. And there will always be new sparkly gorgeous diamonds to explore so no need to rush into anything. Though OMG I love what you are considering. :love:

Scandi, love your snow photo. So beautiful and peaceful. One of the things I love about winter and snow and would miss if we never experienced it again. Is it terrible I am already so excited about our OEC adventure 6 months away :bigsmile: . Hope you are feeling all better today.

Marcy, It helps the time pass more quickly when chatting with strangers in line and surprisingly I often obtain bits of wisdom and information so not a bad thing. I find listening way more useful than talking and everyone seems to enjoy being listened to so it's a win win. Of course sometimes I think OMG I am turning into my mom who can talk with any stranger and often does LOL. I am glad the reviews at work went mostly well and it does sound stressful and I am glad you enjoyed your drive home in sports mode and did it safely.

Our eye exams went well yesterday thanks for asking and my friend did a thorough job. His office is impressive with all the best and up to date equipment and technology though he complains it takes a long time to do exams with all the automated equipment. He can only operate the phoropter from his iPad so if that program gets messed up he is in trouble. And he has the best EHR system (specifically designed for those of us in eye care) and he still hates how much longer it is to do everything. He is retiring in a few years and I am enjoying the ease of getting our eye exams while they last.

Callie, (((HUGS))) and lots of good thoughts being sent your way.

Kristie, congrats on being completely and finally done, woohoo! Wish we could celebrate with you in person.

I have lots of small chores to do today and hope to get some down time just relaxing and perhaps catching up on a show LLJsmom and I watch but that no one else here does I think. :oops: I will say in past years I have lost patience with this show and stopped watching but am trying it out again. I am a hopeless romantic I guess. :kiss:

I have to share how smart my dh is. We have a few (more than a few actually) stains on our beautiful (and photosensitive making them harder to refinish) wood floors here in Brooklyn and no clue what they are but thought they could be some sort of oil stains from the look of it. Anyway my dh did some research and purchased Fuller's earth plus odorless mineral spirits and applied the mixture over the last 2 days and voilà, they are gone! :appl:

Have a good Tuesday girls. it is a rainy one here but I am rather liking it just because it allows me to stay inside and be cozy and homey with my kitties today. Tomorrow back to work and the coal mines. :lol:

Hope everybody is feeling well and enjoys their day! :wavey:

And just going to share a giggle with you girls. My aunt sent me this and I thought you might enjoy it.

FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE PHILOSOPHY OF AMBIGUITY, AS WELL AS THE IDIOSYNCRASIES OF ENGLISH:

1. ONE TEQUILA, TWO TEQUILA, THREE TEQUILA, FLOOR.

2. ATHEISM IS A NON-PROPHET ORGANIZATION.

3. IF MAN EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS AND APES, WHY DO WE STILL HAVE MONKEYS AND APES?

4. THE MAIN REASON THAT SANTA IS SO JOLLY IS BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHERE ALL THE BAD GIRLS LIVE.

5. I WENT TO A BOOKSTORE AND ASKED THE SALESWOMAN, "WHERE'S THE SELF- HELP SECTION?" SHE SAID IF SHE TOLD ME, IT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE.

6. WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

8. IF SOMEONE WITH MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES THREATENS TO KILL HIMSELF, IS IT CONSIDERED A HOSTAGE SITUATION?

9. IS THERE ANOTHER WORD FOR SYNONYM?

10. WHERE DO FOREST RANGERS GO TO "GET AWAY FROM IT ALL?"

11. WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SEE AN ENDANGERED ANIMAL EATING AN ENDANGERED PLANT?

12. IF A PARSLEY FARMER IS SUED, CAN THEY GARNISH HIS WAGES?

13. WOULD A FLY WITHOUT WINGS BE CALLED A WALK?

14. WHY DO THEY LOCK GAS STATION BATHROOMS? ARE THEY AFRAID SOMEONE WILL BREAK-IN AND CLEAN THEM?

15. IF A TURTLE DOESN'T HAVE A SHELL, IS HE HOMELESS OR NAKED?

16. CAN VEGETARIANS EAT ANIMAL CRACKERS?

17. IF THE POLICE ARREST A MUTE, DO THEY TELL HIM HE HAS THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT?

18. WHY DO THEY PUT BRAILLE ON THE DRIVE-THROUGH BANK MACHINES?

19. HOW DO THEY GET DEER TO CROSS THE ROAD ONLY AT THOSE YELLOW ROAD SIGNS?

20. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING BEFORE SLICED BREAD?

21. ONE NICE THING ABOUT EGOTISTS: THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

22. DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

23. DO INFANTS ENJOY INFANCY AS MUCH AS ADULTS ENJOY ADULTERY?

24. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CIVIL WAR?

25. IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?

26. IF YOU ATE BOTH PASTA AND ANTIPASTO, WOULD YOU STILL BE HUNGRY?

27. IF YOU TRY TO FAIL, AND SUCCEED, WHICH HAVE YOU DONE?

28. WHOSE CRUEL IDEA WAS IT FOR THE WORD 'LISP' TO HAVE 'S' IN IT?

29. WHY ARE HEMORRHOIDS CALLED "HEMORRHOIDS" INSTEAD OF "ASSTEROIDS"?

30. WHY IS IT CALLED TOURIST SEASON IF WE CAN'T SHOOT AT THEM?

31. WHY IS THERE AN EXPIRATION DATE ON SOUR CREAM?

32. IF YOU SPIN AN ORIENTAL MAN IN A CIRCLE THREE TIMES, DOES HE BECOME DISORIENTED?

33. CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?

and lastly from my sister.
http://www.funny-joke-pictures.com/2016/03/curiosity-killed-cat.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FunnyJokePicturesMemes+%28Funny+Joke+Pictures%29

And really lastly, sharing Francesca's lazy morning photo from our coffee in bed this AM.

francescasnuggledintocomforter.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I can see why you love the views from your apartment (and you beach house too). They are fabulous! I am finished now with my employee’s reviews. The one today was not a good rating so that one was rough. I am too soft to be a boss but I do what I must. I do love all the modern technology they have for eye exams. My favorite is the one that images your eyes rather than dilating your eyes. I’ll have to listen to the Bachelor at work one day to see if I like it. Listening to TV blocks out noise so I have it on most of the time. That is awesome Greg found a way to eliminate the stains on your floors. I have put some chips and dents in our floors and I sure wasn’t happy that I am such a klutz. Sounds like a good day for you to stay in and be cozy. Darn those coal mines; they keep expecting us to show up. Loved the idiosyncrasies list; the cat pictures are awesome and Francesca looks pretty relaxed.

We had tacos for supper.

I am looking at pear diamonds for a pendant but I really shouldn’t be thinking about spending money. I am trying to figure out what I can trade in to help get me there. I should read my book and put that bling idea out of my head.

Marty is wondering what it would take for him to be a personal trainer. I sure wish his job would get busy. His department announced a reorg today and he is under a new boss and they are one big department worldwide now rather than different divisions. Scary times.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

These days are just crazy hectic at work and at home and the house building and and and... you get the idea, lol.

So - typing fast with lots of typos before my phone starts ringing again.. almost missed the first call this morning because I had forgotten to get the phone out of my bag when I got to work, and could not find it when it started ringing.. LOL need sleep!

Missy, you must never be afraid that I will take things the wrong way! I never do, or at least, not where you are concerned! Living in Scandinavia and working in a male-heavy work environment has given me a very thick skin, lol. And besides, your joke wasn't really a joke, now was it..?? :lol: :lol: :lol: So back to diamonds! I would love a little diamond shopping with you :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :halo:

And re OECs, now, never seen one in person, they are just not sold here. Not exactly living in a diamond district.. more like cold mining.. too cold here to wait for the cold to form diamonds... :oops: :lol:

Re Capercaillies, they are the most beautiful birds! And yes, you can find them here quite easily if you know what you are doing :) and/or have a dog to help you lol! They are very shy, especially during hunting season, but in spring time when they are looking for that very special someone, the males will throw a big show, and have a song/dance/fight to determine who gets the best part of the woods / prettiest ladies :lol: So you can go and watch them then if you like, as long as you like to get out of bed around 03.00... LOL. Come on over and I'll show you! I haven't gone for years, but think I might bring DD and DS next year!

Marcy, I always drop things too. Normally milk cartons... Did I mention that I normally unscrew them first?? :wall: And egg cartons. Normally after opening the lid... I think you are doing good with the reviews! All done! If people don't like their feed back, they should cchange what I'm sure you have pointed out to them! No excuse for not trying. (If they are trying and not succeeding, oh well, that is another matter that is more difficult I guess..)

Jaaron, I love Flatcoats! I used to have a Golden when I was a child! They are the warmest little creatures! Such personalities! And very cleaver most days :) Does your babies like to swim? My girl, as all goldens, had webbed feet (?), so cute. But hated to swim. Tried to teach her. Still have the scars on my chest from when she sought refuge on top of my head.. :lol:

Rainwood, its ok to post many times! I'm the cynical one, so doesn't bother me at all! By line 2 I gave up on your post number 2,3,4,and 5! :lol: :lol: :lol: How are you? I would have gone crazy with that heat thing, so I think you are handling it very nicely! But fingers crossed that there are no more issues! Enough is enough ! :lol:

Jimmianne, some adventure! We don't have adventures like that here either! I love NYC too! A very wonderful city, but I think I would seriously miss the countryside if I should live there forever. Talking about countryside, the roads here are so bad in the city now from frozen rain, that the salt was unhelpful and the police actually closed the highway last night after too many accidents. So slippery I could hardly get from the door to the car! Give Issy a hug from me! How are you feeling about that travel diamond now after NYC compares?

Missy, how about a nice pair of studs for my ears..? That I actually need, so wouldn't be considered spending money at all in my book...

Ciao!

capercaillies.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to make my coffee with Perrier water because the water stopped running last night. It tastes better than I thought it would LOL but Issy grimaced when she tried the Perrier in her water bowl. Yes, Rainwood I now concur - it IS always something!

Marcy, do you think we should start a reading club to distract from bling?
What are you reading these days?
I read a couple of David Sedaris books while I was visiting NYC and they made me laugh out loud. Now about to read The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Missy, I am still having sugar-plum-dreams about asschers. I think I need to come back right away! What a candy store the diamond district is. Actually the whole derned place is a candy store; good people, good food...good boots : )

This is the bracelet I got at the Museum store: [now you know how I operate, right? It was $85, on sale for $21! So, feeling flush, I bought the necklace too. Why not live a little :lol: ]
tulip_bracelet_ps4_large.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, love the bracelet, what a deal! And YES come back right away please. I will rearrange my schedule for you anytime. :naughty: :appl: Issy and I are both not a fan of Perrier and oh no to your water going out. Hope it's back and running now.

Marcy, a pear pendant sounds fabulous. I love pears and hope to own an antique pear (and antique emerald) one day. A big fat juicy pear. :love:

Oh no to Marty's uncertainty at work. I am sorry and hoping for the best. That is never a good feeling that uncertainty and fingers crossed everything works out.

Glad your reviews are over whew that is a relief. No fun sharing bad reviews with employees. Hope the rest of your workweek goes well.

Scandi, OEC studs would work but in order to appreciate the facets of the old cuts you need sizable studs (at least 2 carats each let's say :naughty: ) or else MRB studs are the way to go IMO. But I have a feeling you can get the proper size OECs in your ears to make it worthwhile so yes that is a good possibility. :appl:

Wow, Capercaillies are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing their photo. LOL I always drop things too especially when the top is open. :lol:
So you, Marcy and I have that in common. I am most definitely klutzy. :oops:

How is your house building going? I don't remember a recent update. What is the estimated completion date?

Callie, (((Hugs))).

We received good news yesterday. Greg's biopsy is negative! Woohoo! Thanks everyone for keeping me company while we waited for the results and sending good wishes his way. :appl: :wavey:

OK off to the coal mines soon. Another rainy dreary day but that's OK. Have a good Wednesday girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, yay about Greg. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for the results but now things are sunny, even if it's a rainy day.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I was thinking 2 in total weight, but hey - 2 is a good number! You little enabler you... :lol: I'll save.. lol! Only joking! I'll make DH pay :lol: Please tell me I don't need G colour or better...

Jimmianne, you were so good to not do any impulse shopping! I'm not sure I'll be as good...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1484738038|4116200 said:
Missy, yay about Greg. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for the results but now things are sunny, even if it's a rainy day.

Yes and thank you Jimmianne! That makes it a sunny day no matter the weather for sure. :appl:
So when should I start planning your next visit here? :naughty: :cheeky:

And reading to distract us from bling? No no no, you have that all wrong. It is bling that distracts us from our lives you silly girl. :lol:
Reading is just an enjoyable pastime but bling that is our mission. :devil: :cheeky: :lol:

Scandinavian said:
Missy, I was thinking 2 in total weight, but hey - 2 is a good number! You little enabler you... :lol: I'll save.. lol! Only joking! I'll make DH pay :lol: Please tell me I don't need G colour or better...

Jimmianne, you were so good to not do any impulse shopping! I'm not sure I'll be as good...

Scandi, LOL no you're good. We can absolutely go to L color I think. Especially on the ears. So 2 carats each LVS (maybe even SI depending) OEC on the ears. You will appreciate the chunky faceting and the soft glow of the OECs at that size. :!: 8)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1484738383|4116203 said:
Jimmianne|1484738038|4116200 said:

Yes and thank you Jimmianne! That makes it a sunny day no matter the weather for sure. :appl:
So when should I start planning your next visit here? :naughty: :cheeky:

And reading to distract us from bling? No no no, you have that all wrong. It is bling that distracts us from our lives you silly girl. :lol:
Reading is just an enjoyable pastime but bling that is our mission. :devil: :cheeky: :lol:

Scandinavian said:

Scandi, LOL no you're good. We can absolutely go to L color I think. Especially on the ears. So 2 carats each LVS (maybe even SI depending) OEC on the ears. You will appreciate the chunky faceting and the soft glow of the OECs at that size. :!: 8)

Sounds like we have a plan :cheeky: :love: Or do I want cushion cut.. or mine cut.. ? So many options out there for a little girl... Who has never seen neither, lol! But I'm hoping we will fix that :!: :lol:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy-
Yay for being done with the reviews. I completely hear you on feeling too soft, but it sounds like you're able to do what you need to. Actually, you sound very thoughtful in how you approach the process, so I'm guessing you're a great person to work under.

Sorry to hear about Marty's job being slow. My husband only seems to have two modes-- so busy he can't breathe or fretting about where his next case is coming from. I used to get worried when he was worried, but I eventually figured out that it was just his way and have learned to sound reassuring while rolling my eyes internally. A personal trainer, though. Just think how handy it would be to have one in the family.

And furnace tubes! To two lifelong city dwellers that practically sounds like frontier stuff. I'm very impressed he would even know where they were, never mind be brave enough to stick his arm down them.

Missy-
Environmental law must be really interesting. We have a good friend who is an EPA lawyer, so he's not feeling so positive at the moment. I would imagine there will be a lot going on generally in that field in the next few years. My husband does some teaching, too, and loves it. I'm hoping he might segue into more when he gets closer to retirement.

I don't blame you for not wanting to give up your gorgeous views. Hopefully you won't have to make that decision any time soon. And I have to say, the beach one isn't exactly punishing to look at. When we were in Brooklyn, we had a view of the water. But, as you know, the BQE runs between the heights and the water, so we could hear it when the windows were open, but not see it. One morning, when my oldest was about four, he climbed into our bed very early one morning, and after a few minutes said, 'I feel so sorry for kids who don't get to have a highway outside their window."

When I have a few minutes, I'll have to figure out how to post photos here. The only ones I've ever posted have been screenshots of jewellery. Flatcoats are a lot of fun as long as they're well-exercised and their minds are stimulated. They are known for having a bit of a sense of humour. As our vet says, right around eight they start to mature. I love the kitty pics. I'd love to have a cat, but one of my kids is very allergic. I have to say, I particularly admire the way they can get on your light duvet cover without seeming to make it filthy. We have a no dogs on the beds rule that seems to bet ignored with great regularity, so always pull quilts over the white duvet covers or they'd be covered in muddy footprints.

The kids, who are both working on probably useless liberal arts degrees have no idea what they want to do or which country they ultimately want to be in. The older would like to do something creative - by which I think he means work somewhere cool with a pool table and 'thinking spots' instead of desks. I imagine he will eventually find his way to law or finance, but I could be wrong, and in the meantime, we just bite our tongues and are supportive of taking time to explore. The younger one is a freshman, so has some time to figure things out.

Great news about Greg's biopsy!

Scandi-
The bird pictures are gorgeous. It sounds like the mating display is great to watch. Occasionally, if we're in Maine in early spring, we see the male seals really strutting their stuff for the females (they're ordinarily quite lazy, content to float around and catch fish) and it's really fun to watch. Missy- do you see seals from the beach house?

Flatcoats are definitely a bit less naturally obedient and bit more mischievous than goldens. The upside is that they shed less. They do love to swim in virtually anything and in any weather. The colder the better as far as they're concerned. They also like to run, retrieve, chase things, roll in things and eat things they shouldn't... The older one is very clever. The younger is very determined and sweet, but clever... no :lol:

Jimianne,
I agree with Issy. She should have held out for Badoit!

You all are making me realise it's been too long since I had my eyes checked!

And re earrings - Scandi, I think that's a tough one. In the UK people don't tend to wear so much bling, and I felt my 2ctw studs (one of which is currently residing under the dishwasher) were a bit too much for daily wear, and when I get dressed up I usually go for something a bit blingier than studs, so found I rarely wore the bigger ones. I recently bought a pair of small CER studs from Victor (.65 each) that I'm hoping will be good for everyday wear. I agree with Missy that you don't see the facets so much, but they do still have a different look than mrb earrings. Unfortunately, I literally couldn't get the posts through my ears, so they're currently being re-set, so I haven't had a chance to wear them.

The big pile of work next to me is looking at me reproachfully, so off to give it some attention.

Have a great day, everyone.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, great news about Greg! I'm also off to the salt mines.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, you are busy, busy, busy. That can be fun but it gets old too. So we are the droppsy twins? I have pretty small hands and those giant glasses and cups are always slipping away from me. Dropping eggs all over the floor is messy. I think the biggest problem with my team is they are fine with mediocrity. They just want a paycheck and then go home. I don't know how to change that for them. Sounds like an icy and dangerous mess there. Stay safe.

Jimmianne, good idea to distract ourselves with books. I am almost done with the latest Mitch Rapp book then I am going to read that Carrie Fisher book. I will check some of the books by David Sedaris if they are LOL funny. Very pretty bracelet you bought.

Missy, I am so glad to hear Greg's tests were fine. Woo hoo! I know you love pears too; your picture of the chunky pear got me thinking about a pendant again. They look so cool hanging off a chain. I am sure things will work out for Marty but it's been tough. I can tell he is so bored and kind of depressed. I think trying to be a trainer for strength training would be difficult to make a go of in a small town. I am worried but not much I can do.

Jaaron, I guess I balance things well at work. We have petty little problems but in the end it's all okay and my employees don't get mad and leave. Now that 6th person on the other hand remains elusive. Marty's job has been like your husbands crazy busy or nothing to do but the last year has been awful. They moved them around and put them under a different guy so either things improve or he'll be looking for a new job. I don't take change and uncertainity very well. I am not sure if they were furnace tubes or vents - the big round silver things in the basement with your HVAC system. That was funny getting a pearl in there though. Most of the people where I live don't wear large pieces of jewelry unless it's costume jewelry. I dug out bracelets and a pendant today. I've been neglecting them for a while.

Rainwood, I'm about ready to leave the salt mines. We are all looking forward to Friday.

Not much new here today. I didn't sleep well thinking and worrying a bit. Work was busy but not too bad. It's pretty nice here today maybe in the mid 40's. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I really liked David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day. Very entertaining - at least to me. Everyone has their own idea of what's funny for sure.
Thinking of Marty and wishing you both more upbeat days. It's hard on both of you, yes.

Jarron, hi : )
It's interesting how size of bling is different in various countries. I only saw small costume jewelry in France and thin plain wedding bands. Do you ever see large engagement rings where you live?

We got water back. OMG... I forgot to pay the power bill! The silly power company put the "pay soon or we turn off your well pump" behind the well house meter, almost totally hidden. I discovered the note this morning, fortunately before calling an electrician, and paid the bill right away. The farm has 5 electric meters and they are not all due on the same date. I need a business manager lol.

Goodnight everyone.
We are a funny group - one salt miner :wavey: and a lady who keeps her earrings under the dishwasher.
:angel:

snake earrings from the Brooklyn Museum

img_8828.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from the mines :wavey:

Why do I work...?? Oh yes - bling! LOL And food and coffee.. but DH would probably provide those for me... :lol: I'm a bit bored with work this week - can you tell?? :lol: I should not complain though! It *is* a nice job and it is very flexible and that is important when we have small kids :angel: Just sometimes I would like to do something totally different!

Marcy, perhaps that is how Marty is feeling? Like he is just a bit over it and needs a new challenge? I do think it would probably be better for him to find a new - similar - job though.. Personal trainers - there is a lot of them here, and only a few are successful, like former professional athletes etc who have a name to brand. Oh and internet stars that work in TV shows like the gladiators, lol. But please try not to worry! Marty is a sensible guy, I'm sure. Perhaps just a bit frustrated? I consider a career as a professional dog walker some days. But I don't think it will happen any time soon... :shock: :lol:

Jimmianne, those earrings sure are for an Egyptian goddess !! :D Suits you! But the snakes kind of scare me, even in jewellery.. :oops: That is too funny about the bills and the water! I could have done the same thing easily! I hate paying bills, its sooooo boring! So I just do a bunch at at time, and sometimes the last in the pile is a bit old - must have waited longer than I thought before starting on the pile.. :shock: But luckily people here call if there is a problem so I haven't managed to have any big mishaps yet, fingers crossed!

All, size of bling is so interesting! Not sure if 2 ct will be too much for my ears, but I generally disregard what everybody else here is wearing. Otherwise I would not have any bling at all... :think: Most people don't even have an E ring, just a plain wedding band. And well... that is just not my style, lol. So my nice little 5ct might stand out a bit. But its OK. I never get any comments, I guess people here just don't notice. So the studs - I have "hiking studs", that fits perfectly under a hat and / or hood, lol. I love them and wear them lots, but I could do with some that are a bit bigger for work, work events, etc. In my job, I can get away with larger stones ("oh she is successful"), but not being "dressed up to party" if you know what I mean. So larger(er) studs should be perfect, I think :halo:

Jaaron, oh I do hope you will post some pictures of your furbabies! I love your Flatcoats already! And I promise that my English setter girl is a bit of a handful at times too :lol: :lol: And we actually have exactly the same "no dogs in bed" rule as you do.. just bought a new bedcover, actually.. :lol: We live in a very small house in the countryside. It has taken YEARS to get a building permit, but now we are finally getting an extension. Or rather a new house really, the extension is much larger than the old house, lol. And soon we will start renovating the old house. So furbaby is getting a bit stressed from all the work and people, and has insisted on sleeping on top of my feet every night this week.. she comes sneaking after I fall asleep, she knows when I'll be to tired to throw her out again... :lol: I think it is kind of nice, but DH gets a bit annoyed, he says she is trying to push him out of bed to have mommy to herself LOL.

Missy, you are simply the best but you know that already! I'm really really really looking forward to meeting you this summer! I know we will have a lot of fun !! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :lol: :halo: DH was just like - 2 ct each?? LOL because I have always said 2 ct total. But luckily he always goes with the flow, and 2 sec later, he was saying "seeing the old cuts should be a lot of fun, a real treat! See why I love him? :halo: :lol: I'm *so* glad that Greg's biopsy was negative !!

Oh and Jaaron, that diamond under the dish washer! I think it is punishing you for not wearing it often enough.. :lol: And I have to tell you - the summary of your kids and their "probably useless liberal arts degrees" made me laugh hard !! Precious! But I'm sure they will find their way - the need for money usually makes sure of that in the end.. :cheeky:

Rainwood, :wavey:

EDIT: had to edit from mummy to mommy - told you I was tired... :lol: :lol: :lol:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone!

Missy, love the sleepy kitties in the AM photos. What a special time for all of you. If it were me, I'd let them in and go right back to sleep. I am NOT a morning person. I hope work went okay today with the EHR program. You really enjoy your work and it would be a shame if they were to chase you away because of record keeping.

Still looking for the last part of my "project." Adam is really trying to find the last piece of the puzzle for me which is proving to be more of a challenge than we expected. I'm hoping we have a solution on Thursday.

Scandi, I'd never heard of a capercaillie but they are so pretty and the male is so showy. I'd make a terrible hunter because I'd never be able to shoot something so beautiful. And all your photos are so striking - such lovely scenery. I do not want to be a damper on any diamond purchase, but check if 2 ct. studs would be comfortable on the phone. I used to wear bigger earrings (not diamonds but silver) and at some point they make it really harder to talk on the phone. I'd use a headset a lot of the time, but sometimes I needed to just pick up the phone and they'd clunk against the phone and be uncomfortable. I know 1 ct. studs are okay for me, but not sure if 2 ct. studs would cause a problem with the phone. So check it out before you buy. It may be fine, but you want to know before you buy. Because if you're with Missy, you'll buy. Trust me on this. She knows where to find the best stones, that's for sure!!

Jimmianne, sorry to hear about the water. That sounds like a very complicated billing - five is a lot to keep track of when it's not on the same schedule. But Perrier coffee might be the new trend that you've started. And I look forward to whatever New York project might come your way! You'll have seen mine before I do! And I love that bracelet you bought at the Brooklyn Museum - so great it was on sale and you could save even more on the necklace! My kind of economics. And I like David Sedaris and his experiences in France especially, but I always like it even more if it's an audiobook with him reading. And I like Carrie Fisher's books and am almost through 'The Princess Diarist.' It shows she was a good writer from an early age, but it's a bit of a downer for me because she's clearly facing some challenges as '

Marcy, a slowdown at work can be so disconcerting. I always found it harder than being too busy.

Jaaron, I love flat-coated retrievers! My neighbors had a flat coat who was the absolute sweetest. She and my yellow Lab loved to play together for hours. They're both gone now, but the memories are full of joy.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest. If it were just us NIRDI's reading this, I'd love to tell you which island my house is on! But I try to keep in mind that there are many, many people who read this thread who don't participate and I don't know who they are so I try to be careful. As a result, I don't get specific on here about some things. We all have different levels of comfort and I err on the side of caution. Sorry about that!!

I had a really interesting day at work today. I like what I do, but sometimes I get things I haven't had to deal with before and I have to figure it all out. Today, it was hiring drone services or as the FAA calls them "unmanned aircraft systems." And also mineral rights. Next week, it will be something else. I love a challenge and learning things I didn't know, and that's what much of today was about.

On the not so great side, I found out yesterday that the husband of a friend of mine has been diagnosed with ALS. She is devastated because it's fatal and such a terrible way to go. The two worst diseases to me are Alzheimer's because you lose your mind and ALS because you lose everything but your mind. It's going to be so hard for them both.

I'm dreading as 'The Day' gets closer. Not sure what I'll do on Friday, but I'm sure not going to watch it. Too painful.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1484590351|4115753 said:
It posted 5 times!!! I'm like that annoying old lady who keeps telling the same story over again!! It wouldn't post last night so I kept stopping it and trying again then gave up and went to bed. Sorry for that!

Rainwood !! I wish you would buy a cat! Then you could be "crazy cat lady" instead! :lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: Regardless, you are a lady! Just need a cool prefix 8-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, LOL I think that is an inaccurate representation of my abilities. :devil: :halo: Just ask Jimmianne and Callie and Junie.
(LLJsmom did buy but OMG it was a beautiful OEC and how could she not buy?! :appl: ) When they visited we didn't buy any big bling and I dissuaded them from buying certain things. I only enable for good and not for bad and only if something is worth it! So just wanted to set the record straight!!! :cheeky:

I have no doubt you 2 will figure it out. And I am here to help any way I can. :naughty: :lol:

It is special time when the kitties hang out with us every morning while we enjoy coffee in bed. The workdays being less relaxing of course with the deadline to get up and ready looming. Take this morning for example. Greg woke me at 5 AM from a dead sleep and I am just exhausted.

Contrary to popular belief among all who know how early I wake up I am not a morning person. When I was younger (teens and 20s) I would sleep till 10AM, 11AM and even past noon depending on what I had going on for that day and I wouldn't go to sleep till the wee morning hours. Ah those days are gone however and now not only am I not a morning person I'm not a night person either. :snore: Oh well. Nothing a little bit (rather a lot of) sleep cannot help. If I wasn't compelled to work out every day (mainly for my mind) I could sleep a few hours longer but weighing the pros and cons I need my workout more for my sanity and I just figure and hope I will catch up on sleep. Somehow.

Your work and workdays sound engaging and I am glad you enjoy and love what you do. It adds to our quality of life and gives us a sense of purpose. LOL I think I got the saying wrong and don't know why I always say coal mines. Salt mines. I must remember.

I am so sorry about your friend's husband. ALS sucks and I agree completely about 2 of the worst diseases are ALS and Alzheimers. Both for the reasons you stated. :cry:

I am not watching and in fact we will purposefully not be watching or listening to the news or anything. Yes for that one day at least I will be burying my head in the sand. Sometimes you need to do that for your own sanity. ::)

Jaaron, LOL your son so sweet and precocious when he (at age 4) said he felt sorry for anyone who didn't have a highway outside their window. Ah the life in an urban environment. The concrete jungle. He is quite right of course. It has a charm all its own. 8-) Your children's liberal arts degree will serve them well if just as a stepping stone onto their continued education and life experience. College IMO is a valuable life experience just as working in the real world. Different but valuable and new lessons are learned that enable one to succeed. I know they will be just fine. As long as we all survive the next 4 plus years that is. :pray:

Thank you for sharing about your flatcoats. I am the only one here who never heard of them I guess. They sound precious. Dogs are wonderful and one day I hope we can rescue a few dogs and add them to our kitty family.

Hope you got through that big pile of work yesterday without much trouble.

Scandi, you are the best too. And LOL. We will see what you fall in love with if anything when we explore (or shall I say hunt) old cuts. I am not a stud girl and find them uncomfortable no matter the size. But for some reason (and I may be completely wrong) I thought you had smaller studs. Not sure now. In any case another option is dangle OECs right below the earlobe. That is my taste of course though so you just may be set on studs. You have time to think about it and if possible go try on some 2 carat each studs and see if they are comfortable. With OECs the bigger the diamond (as long as it is a beautiful OEC) the more stunning and apparent the facets so if you are going with smaller OECs no problem but as I wrote before you may not want OECs if you cannot see the facets and the difference easily compared to MRBs. Lots of exciting decisions and lots of time to think about it. And when it comes down to it even 2 ctw OECs would look beautiful on you. Anything would look beautiful on you because you are beautiful. :appl:

If you and your family want to see any broadway shows please start looking now to get tickets as some of the shows are harder to get tickets too. My sister and BIL and nieces loved Matilda. Not sure it is still on Broadway but that might be something you are interested in doing. Please let me know if I can help in any way with your planning!

Jimmianne, glad it was a relatively simple fix. I could see myself doing that but I am surprised they gave you no grace period. Our credit card on file for one of our TIVOs expired in January so we were past due and they emailed us and even though we were a few weeks late we still had our service and we just paid yesterday with a new card. I mean it seems extreme to cut off someone's water when they are late in paying without a sufficient warning. We pay for almost everything online with cards they already have but when they expire sometimes it goes unpaid till we are reminded. It's not like you are a scoff law. :wink2: Anyway glad it is resolved.

Love your snake earrings. They are terrific. Look a bit heavy but I am guessing they are comfie. Nice purchase.

Marcy, the 40s are a great temperature for January especially where you live so I know you are enjoying it. Hope Marty is feeling well and that you both receive good news soon. I know how stressful the situation is and I am thinking good thoughts for you. (((HUGS))).

Yes I love chunky antique pears and I was really hoping the one Jimmianne and I saw might be the perfect compromise but no. I like clarity too much. Oh well. It was a deal but again because of the clarity.

Junie, how was your mini vacation? Hope you had a blast and enjoyed being away if even for a short time. Sometimes that is all you need to feel rejuvenated.

We are watching a good series on Amazon Prime called "Good Girls Revolt". A fascinating series on what life was like for women in the late 60's and 70s in journalism and the workplace in general. I recommend it if you girls have Amazon Prime. Worth watching.

Greg is taking Francesca and Bobby to see my sister this AM for dental work. So I am a little nervous as they need general anesthesia. And consequently we couldn't feed anyone this morning since when you have 4 kitties you cannot selectively feed 2 of them. That isn't the big deal of course but the anesthesia for the dental work so fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Francesca is ridiculous as she chews everything she can and breaks her teeth. Though I am not sure what Bobby and Francesca need done today but when my sister examined all 4 of them a month or 2 ago she said these 2 need dental work. So off they go today. I am going to work and Greg is taking them in and waiting till the procedures are done and then coming back with them, dropping them home and going to work if everything goes OK. Whew that does sound like a long morning.

Sharing a photo of Francesca and Bobby from when they were kittens in 2009. Aren't they precious? LOL see the IBM computer Francesca is hanging out on. What a flash back from the past. :lol:
I have to add this pic from her under the covers. I think this was around Sandy and she was hiding because she knew something was up. Look at her sweet face. Makes me melt. They all do. :love:

Have a good day girls and thinking of all you girls who are going through things and sending good vibes your way and always big hugs. :wavey:

kitten_bobbie_2009_0.jpg

frankieonibm.jpeg

_38903.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you are right, my studs are small (!) About 0.5 total maybe? That is why I want another pair :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and it is definitely "hunting" :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1484825289|4116480 said:
Missy, you are right, my studs are small (!) About 0.5 total maybe? That is why I want another pair :lol:

Yes exactly what I was thinking. Good to know I wasn't totally mistaken. With the smaller OECs it is just not as easy to appreciate the chunky beautiful faceting so something to think about. Try on larger studs and see how comfortable they are. I cannot talk on the phone with most of my earrings and take off my earrings (no matter the size) when I will be on the phone for any length of time. It is worth it for the joy and beauty of wearing beautiful bling. :appl:

How about OEC dangles? :halo:

Scandinavian|1484825332|4116481 said:

The *only* hunting I approve of just fyi! :cheeky:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1484825567|4116482 said:
Scandinavian|1484825289|4116480 said:

Yes exactly what I was thinking. Good to know I wasn't totally mistaken. With the smaller OECs it is just not as easy to appreciate the chunky beautiful faceting so something to think about. Try on larger studs and see how comfortable they are. I cannot talk on the phone with most of my earrings and take off my earrings (no matter the size) when I will be on the phone for any length of time. It is worth it for the joy and beauty of wearing beautiful bling. :appl:

How about OEC dangles? :halo:

Scandinavian|1484825332|4116481 said:

The *only* hunting I approve of just fyi! :cheeky:

Treasure hunting !! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone :dance:

Missy, I love your sweet & sleepy babies. It's not fair that you can't sleep in with them and I couldn't stand that Greg woke you out of a deep sleep. Awful.
I will vouch for you as the kind & thoughtful NIRDI diamond consultant : ) You are a good friend/advisor about diamonds!
The snake earrings are not light, but not heavy if that makes sense. I dislike heavy earrings as I don't want to have to get an earlobe lift. :errrr: :lol:
And I DID get a notice about the power at my well, but I thought it was a regular bill and didn't open the envelope because I was focusing on my trip. [[[sigh]]]
A friend asked how large the Judy Chicago table was and I said - yuge!! [sorry] It's at least 30 feet!! Then I looked it up and it's 48 feet long on each side. amazinging.

Rainwood, it sounds so romantic to live on an island in the NW, and must be so beautiful & atmospheric.
Your project is very interesting and I'm looking forward to the results when the puzzle is finished.
I've had several more conversations with Adam and he is so nice to work with.

Marcy, I could see Marty with an Etsy shop filled with killer rabbit paintings, mugs, etc. I believe he could have an iconic brand. Wouldn't a snarling klller rabbit be perfect on a mug for that first early morning coffee?!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I have to head up to North Jersey in a few hours to go to MV with my brother (ugh, pretty much the last thing I feel like doing) so will be back later to catch up but just wanted to say for now…

Missy, I'm very relieved and happy to hear that Greg's biopsy was negative!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, So happy about Greg's good news! Thank you for the pictures of the sweet babies. I think I'm driving my poor Mom crazy. I call her twenty minutes after I get home. All was good today so hopefully I will finally get some sleep tonight. The furbaby has been stuck to me like glue so she must know I have been upset.

Rainwood, I'm so happy you are back here. I can't wait to hear about the project you have with Adam. You aren't alone in dreading tomorrow. I'm sure my dad with call me and that won't put me in a good mood. He is a Trump supporter and has been pretty good about not discussing the election but I'm afraid he will call to gloat tomorrow. We are also going out with friends of ours tomorrow night that are also Trump supporters. I already warned my husband I won't be keeping my mouth shut if they bring it up. I don't think I will be great company tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear about your friend''s husband. How heartbreaking.

Jaron, Your story about your son had me LOL. Kids are so entertaining. Thank you for mentioning the bag. I haven't even opened the box yet. My mom has been in the hospital and I forgot all about it. Somehow a new bag hasn't seemed to important. I will open it tomorrow. It will give me something to look forward to. I'm planning to go to London with my husband sometime this year. He used to travel there more than half the time. The past year his travel has really decreased which has been great.

Marcy, I'm sorry things have been slowing down with Marty's job. One of my friends sons had thought he wanted to be a person trainer. He decided to go back to school as the pay wasn't as good as he was hoping it would be. I'm glad the weather has been warmer. 40 degrees must feel like summer to you! Any news when your new earrings will be finished?

Junebug, I hope you have good time with your brother.

Jimmianne, Did you change your mind about any of the diamonds you saw on your trip to NY? I still love JOY! To me she looks perfect on your tiny hand.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I will take a peak at that book. Thanks for the suggestion. Thanks for the well wishes. Oh no for missing the power bill. That is kind of crazy the different meters are due on different dates. That makes it hard to keep track of for sure. While I am not a fan of snakes your earrings look great. Good idea to Marty to do something with his paintings and killer rabbits; he’d probably make more money than trying to be a trainer.

Scandi, I agree, why do we work? I had a vision problem at work today – I wasn’t seeing myself working too hard. Darn those pesky bills and the necessity to have money for shopping. I know Marty is frustrated and tired of working for someone else. He is a sensible guy but I noticed he was looking at exercise equipment on his iPad tonight. I think it would be a big mistake but we’ll see what happens. I think it’s fine to wear what size bling you are comfortable with. 2 carat studs would be gorgeous. I have small ear lobes so I like 4 or 5mm studs – makes the diamonds or gems cheaper.

Rainwood, good point about 2 carat studs and talking on the phone. I hate uncomfortable earrings. I’ll be starting that Carrie Fisher’s book tonight. I’ll probably get her other books as well. Dealing with employees is my least favorite part of work. I bet that was interesting learning about hiring drone services. I also like learning new things; it does make the day more interesting. I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s husband getting ALS. How awful.

Missy, I used to get up early to work out no matter how late I went to sleep. I should do that again. I hate to get up. We were near 50 degrees today; it was gorgeous when I was out at lunchtime. I considered getting “sick” and not going back to work. I hope Francesca and Bobby are doing okay after their dental work.

June, I hope you had a safe trip to your brother’s today and the 2 of you had a nice time together today.

Callie, I hate to hear your mom is in the hospital. I hope she is okay. Hugs to her. I haven’t even got my estimate for the earrings yet; I should call them tomorrow.

One more day in the salt mines left this week. Sweet!

I met a friend for lunch. The weather was amazing; like a nice spring day. Sadly snow is back in our forecast.

I printed out a bunch handouts for the astronomy meeting this weekend. If I can't dazzle them with my brilliance, I’ll distract them with shuffling paperwork. :lol:

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results