shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it's ok for me to post on this thread-- I just want to say that, Missy, your photos are making me homesick. We lived in Brooklyn Heights for over a decade, and I think I'll always miss it.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it's ok for me to post on this thread-- I just want to say that, Missy, your photos are making me homesick. We lived in Brooklyn Heights for over a decade, and I think I'll always miss it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, glad the house guests were quick in and out. When my in-laws were here for 2 weeks I wasn’t having much fun that second week. I will definitely never forget those geese flying overhead. It was pretty incredible. Ugh to all those calls; I can never get my work done when I have meetings and conference calls. How exciting you might get to catch up with Missy on your way back from Hawaii.

Missy, I agree with you how magical and calming the ocean is; I have only been to the ocean a few times but I sure love it. Marty’s cold is gone and I never did get him to say This is CNN. I’ll wait for the next time. I thought of staying home today even thought I felt better but I got up and went to work. How was your day at work? What an ordeal to get to your appointments. Life in the big city, huh? I love your pictures; I always enjoy the view from your place. The clouds are a great color and how neat to see them changing. How is your toe doing? Adjusting to a new normal is a really good way to put dealing with a loss.

Jimmianne, I know what you mean about your life view changed after losing your DH and your parents. Glad we both found diamonds and NIRDI’s. I am anxious to get my earrings made. The sapphires are pretty lively. I am not disappointed with them. Nice that the weather warmed up a bit yesterday and you made it to town. I hope you enjoy meeting some people on the French dating site.

Hi Jaaron!

Not much new around here. I got my annual review today; it was good. I actually haven’t read it yet but my boss told me the rating and said he has no problems with me at all.

I got home early today. I had to check out some equipment through security and it was about 6 boxes so I figured it would take me a while. I headed over to their office about 4:15. They just came out to my car; checked the boxes and said “thanks”. I was home about an hour early. It made Marty nervous I got home early.

I got my yellow sapphires. They are pretty. They are lighter than my ring but for earrings they should be fine. After they are mounted and on my ears, they will look darker anyway. I’ll post a few photos. The lighting in here is awful for photos; I’ll try to get a few in the morning with no lights on and the drapes open.

I went off and forgot my diamond ring today. I had my 3-pointer band and my EC RHR; I felt weird without it. Looking at my thin band all day made me think “ooh a bunch of stackers would be cool.”

We went out to dinner tonight. I was pretty hungry so I ate more than normal; I am kind of stuffed right now. Marty said I could pick one night a week and we could plan on going out that night. I like that idea. Date night.

Have a great Wednesday.
Marcy

_38854.jpg

_38855.jpg

_38856.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

The weather here today is simply awful! Just above freezing and tons (!) of rain. I did remember to bring an umbrella, so that is a plus. I'm doing a mentoring thing today through the national "[industry]" association and I have volunteered (???) as one of the mentors for the young and hopeful. WHY??? LOL !!! So there goes my afternoon. I really don't think these things through.. it always seems like it is in the distant future with tons of time available when I say yes to these things...

Missy, how was work? I really don't understand that you don't have to have the records available, sounds a bit silly and too cost effective.. How about you press "select all" and "print"? That might change their minds after the printer has produced thousands of pages over the next few days.. :lol: Moving might be nice if you can find the perfect place :) A small town by the sea with perfect climate perhaps? Do these places even exist? LOL Or you can just move here ;)) Have you considered living at the beach house full time or is that too rural for you?

Marcy, I really like that yellow colour. And I agree, I think the colour difference will be very hard to spot once they are in your ears. Less reflection of light there, under you hair and everything. But your ear ring picture made me realise: I hate you too, not just Missy and Jimmianne! WHY do you all have such perfect and thick and slightly curly hair??? Mine is thin and straight and completely flat.. :lol: :lol:

Jimmianne, glad you got to town and back safe and sound. The French dating site sounds like it could be fun, always nice to "meet" new people. And yes, that sounds very familiar ;)) :halo: Taking about meeting people, you should totally come and visit sometime when you are in France! Plane tickets from Paris are very inexpensive, about USD 100 if you are lucky ;)) :halo: :D

June, I can't get over your new ring! Sorry for mentioning it every time, but it is all I can think about, lol. I want one too!

Violet, you still have your DH right? Silver linings etc. And you have us :) and we are really not that easy to get rid off ;)) We are here for you every day you see ;)) (I try to be positive, even when I'm probably quite annoying.. sorry..)

Jaaron, off course you can post here! Welcome!

Callie, did I read that someone said that you had made a purchase? ?? (I'm a very nosy person, apparently.. )

So: Tombraider was swapped for Aloha (due to rain season), and we are planning on going to Hawaii in July. Please tell me that is likely to be sunny and warm, lol. I guess perhaps a lot of you have been there before? So I would really like any and all tips !!!
We are flying to LA first, and will spend a few days there. The children dream of going to Disney, we have never been there before. Then Hawaii and back home via NYC. Hopefully a good holiday! A bit of a time difference, but I hope the children will be OK. I usually don't mind much.

Ciao!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jaaron, hi! Yes of course it is so nice to see you here and please post here anytime you want to! We would love for you to join us whenever you feel like it. Brooklyn rocks and I see why you miss it. I will miss it too when we leave here. I wish we could stay at both places permanently and to answer Scandi's question we might retire at the beach house one day. That is our plan. I am just getting cold feet as that day gets closer LOL. It is very suburban at the beach and very urban in Brooklyn and while I see the appeal of both locales I am an urban girl at heart.

Not trying to be nosy (haha but like Scandi perhaps I am being very nosy) so feel free to ignore this question but where are you living now? Brooklyn Heights is beautiful and one of our favorite restaurants is there but we havent been there for a long time due to us going to the beach so much this past year. Henry's End. Do you know it? We used to eat there 3 times a week for so many years. I mean we were regulars there for sure and we had our own table and the owner Mark stocked Greg's favorite gin for his martinis. Hendricks Gin. LOL. When Mark found out that was Greg's preference over what he stocked he made sure to get it and keep it in stock just for Greg. I miss going there and will have to get back there with Greg soon. Thanks for making me remember how much I miss that restaurant. I also miss the movie theater Brooklyn Heights Cinema. It is such a shame they closed a year or 2 ago and still waiting for a replacement theater but I am not sure it is going to happen now. If you are familiar with it (and I am sure you are having lived there for such a long time) what a wonderful old school theater. That was my favorite place to go to the movies. Never crowded and always civilized and just so retro. So sad they went out of business. I am not a fan of all the huge cineplexes around now and that has been part of the reason we never go out to the movies anymore.

Jaaron, I am posting a photo just for you. Hope you enjoy seeing it. :wavey:

Scandi, Greg is onboard so we will make plans and see you and the family that day. I am already excited. But I will warn you one day is not enough to explore the city so you will be wanting to make plans to visit again. :halo: I have never visited Hawaii but everyone who has visited just loves it so much. I am not sure about the weather in July in Hawaii but I think you should be fine. I think it is beautiful there all year long. I hope to visit there one day for sure. It is on my short list of places to visit that I have not yet been to...Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland. Those are my top places I want to visit that I have not yet been to. Wish I could just drive there. :lol:

How's work going? Less crazy I hope.

Marcy, very pretty and I think they will make lovely earrings. They look great with your ring too. Sweet that you got home unexpectedly early and that it took much less time getting through work security. And wonderful that you got a rave annual review at work! I never had a doubt. You are a dream employee. Conscientious, efficient and you don't give up no matter the circumstance! Congratulations. :appl:

I know how you felt forgetting your ER yesterday. I forgot my ER once and I turned around and went back to get it LOL. I feel naked without it. I once forgot to wear earrings and I went the day without them and felt weird but it wasn't a big deal but my ER I just had to go back and get. I don't wear a lot of bling at once but my ER and earrings are a usual constant. When I am out of the house that is. When I am home I wear no bling at all. And occasionally if we are going out for a walk and it is freezing out I wear my mittens and don't bother with my rings since I am not taking my mittens off. This weekend we went for a walk and I went ringless and we stopped in to see the animal rescues and I took my mittens off to pet the kitties and it felt weird to be without Bea.

Toe is OK. Still not right and the skin is still split but I am trying to not think about it and I am still soaking it each day. Thank you for asking.

Have a good day girls. :wavey:

brooklynbridgesky.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs.
The weather is in the 40's already this morning - SO thankful because I can take the blankets off the horses before leaving on my trip.
The sitter will check on them, but not until dinner time.

Marcy, how is Wyoming treating you this morning? I know you have the bling covered, even if there is TMS [too much snow]. Those are beautiful stones, so sunny and such a great shape, and I agree with others, you look so young and have such pretty hair :angryfire: :lol:

Scandi, Hawaii is an incredible place, truly paradise. I don't think there is a bad time to visit, and I envy you traveling there!
and thanks for the invitation...I'll drop in some time, but I'll text first : )

So, I am off to NYC in a couple of hours and will give a full report upon return. I'm taking my new asscher & looking at others to confirm it's "the one" before the grace period is up. Unfortunately [lol], I think it is a keeper, which means additional bling instead of a switch.
Missy has been very kind to help me through my travel fears and I know she will be an excellent enabler and excellent counsel should I find something special in the diamond district. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is too sweet of Greg! and you are quite right. I have been to NYC before, but not with the children. And DH said the same. So when I just booked the plane home, we decided to leave on Tuesday instead, lol. Have not booked LA - Hawaii - NYC yet, but will keep you posted :) We'll be in NYC for at least 2 days :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1484136671|4114300 said:
Good morning NIRDIs.
The weather is in the 40's already this morning - SO thankful because I can take the blankets off the horses before leaving on my trip.
The sitter will check on them, but not until dinner time.

Marcy, how is Wyoming treating you this morning? I know you have the bling covered, even if there is TMS [too much snow]. Those are beautiful stones, so sunny and such a great shape, and I agree with others, you look so young and have such pretty hair :angryfire: :lol:

Scandi, Hawaii is an incredible place, truly paradise. I don't think there is a bad time to visit, and I envy you traveling there!
and thanks for the invitation...I'll drop in some time, but I'll text first : )

So, I am off to NYC in a couple of hours and will give a full report upon return. I'm taking my new asscher & looking at others to confirm it's "the one" before the grace period is up. Unfortunately [lol], I think it is a keeper, which means additional bling instead of a switch.
Missy has been very kind to help me through my travel fears and I know she will be an excellent enabler and excellent counsel should I find something special in the diamond district. :wavey:

:appl: Diamond district :appl: Hugs to your horses from me before you leave! And to the very very very sweet Issy!! Oh I do look forward to Hawaii :appl: And yes, please text first, how else am I going to pick you up at the airport...?? 8-) (Small country, so I actually will pick you up on my way home from work, lol).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi yay!

Jimmianne, safe flight!!!! Sending you lots of safe travel vibes and hugs. Soon I will be giving you hugs in person (if that's ok)! :appl:

And yes I'm a planner lol. Greg said to tell you I'm spontaneous as long as I have it planned way in advance. :lol:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Missy-- Thank you for the additional photo--I miss that walk. We're in London now, and have been for almost thirteen years. Initially, the plan was to go back, but the longer we're here the less likely it seems. Although the kids are in college (in the US), they essentially consider this home and want to come back whenever they have vacation, and my husband is a lawyer and Europe is much better for the specific kind of law he does. Plus, the political situation in the US is incredibly depressing--almost as depressing as the fact hat I don't think we could afford to buy our old house back now! We also have a beach house (in Maine), which I guess is a good fallback retirement plan, but, as much as I love it, after a month there, I'm desperate for sushi and highlights and for someone to be rushing somewhere.

Gosh, Henry's End. That brings back memories--it has such a local, cozy atmosphere. We used to escape the kids for date night there. Of course, back in those days there was almost nowhere to eat in Brooklyn. A far cry from the foodie mecca it seems to have become. Funnily, there's a chef who has opened a few restaurants in London who is from a place on Atlantic Avenue (Colonie--opened after our time, but it's fun to reminisce with him). He's been doing a good job on the very important work of bringing doughnuts to this side of the Atlantic. I have many fond memories of movies at that cinema. I suppose I'm dating myself to say that I remember taking the kids to see their first grownup movie there-- Bend it Like Beckham. I completely agree about the multiplex experience being underwhelming.

What happened to your toe? I hope it's on the mend. I had bilateral bunion surgery several years ago, and I have to say, I gained a whole new appreciation for how awful it is to have something wrong with your toes.

Marcy- I'm not usually a yellow person, but I have to say, those gorgeous sapphires could change my mind. Sometimes I worry that Pricescope is opening way too many jewellery doors for me.

Everyone who's travelling, safe travels (and happy bling shopping, Jimianne). Both Hawaii and New York are unbeatable destinations.

Have a great day everyone.

Off to walk the dogs, who are giving me the 'we've only been out twice this morning' eyes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, sorry it was such a pain getting to the doctor, what a hassle. Beautiful pics of the sky and the city! Adorable pic of the kitties too. Sorry to hear your toe still hasn't healed up completely,

Jimmianne, just want to say I'm sorry for your losses, I didn't know you had been through so much so recently (hugs). Thanks for thinking of me, I'm doing ok, dh and the kids have been very supportive and comforting and that's helped a lot. I'm glad the temps are more comfortable, both for you and the animals! It's warmer here too and the snow and ice have melted. Have fun with the online dating website, my friend is on one and finds it pretty entertaining. Good luck with your travels today, and how exciting that you're going bling shopping! Now that's my idea of a great vacation lol.

Scandi, between guests, work, and volunteering you are definitely very busy lately! Hopefully this weekend you can get a break and relax a little. I'm so glad you like my ring! :dance: A trip to Disneyland and Hawaii sounds fantastic…been to Disneyland in California but never been to Hawaii. Friends have told me it is a gorgeous place, unlike anything they've ever seen before, more beautiful than any other tropical place.

Marcy, your sapphires are really pretty! Love them, they will make beautiful earrings! Can't wait to see them. I love the idea of going out to eat once a week, great idea on Marty's part, a nice break from the usual routine. Congrats on the good review at work! I'm not surprised though, you're very dedicated and conscientious and frankly that company is lucky to have you and I mean it.

Hi jaaron! How great to meet someone living in London, I love how I've been able to meet people from different places through this thread! And having a home in Maine is wonderful, a nice contrast to London but I get that you would start to miss the excitement of city living. And it sounds like London feels like home for you at this point and there are a lot of advantages to staying there. I live in New Jersey and we have a beach house in SC. My husband is thinking of retiring soon so we will probably relocate there eventually. My husband absolutely loves it there, and I really like it too and there are financial advantages to moving - but I'm kind of attached to our home in NJ, we've lived here for over 20 years and it will be hard for me to leave it.

Violet, thinking of you and hoping you're doing ok.

Rainwood, thinking of you too! Hope all is well with you.

Have a great day everyone!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening from Scandinavia :wavey:

I'm still at work, waiting for DH as he is my ride home.. , but can't really be bothered to do any more work today, lol, so I'm checking in with you girls instead :cheeky:

Thank you all for saying that Hawaii should be a great place to visit! Makes my mind at ease, lol.

Marcy, I forgot to comment on your work review! Sorry.... (!!) Off course you did great! I would have been very surprised otherwise. You are very intelligent after all. And a NIRDI :angel: That should count too but I guess your boss perhaps don't care.... Silly him!! But seriously though, you are amazing and I'm very happy that they know it. (Bear over with me, the whole mentoring thing work shop today had a lot of focus on "making them see what you are good at", lol. And they asked what motivates people. I answered MONEY. Seriously, people have no humour.. :lol: )

Missy, how did it go at the doctor appointment? Sorry you had such a hassle getting there, as if it was not bad enough that you had to go in the first place, if you know what I mean. Come to think about it, I probably should not visit you in NYC. I will miss-y you too much when I get home! (Sorry, again, the mentor thing was very boring with a lot of VERY SERIOUS people... Why to people think that you have to be super stiff to prove that you have a brain??? So much focus on "being yourself should be enough, and when I demonstratively started twirling my hair, no-one laughed... :lol: :lol: :lol: Lucky I'm a mentor and not a mentee....)

Jimmianne, hope you have landed safely!

Jaaron, you have dogs! What kind? I have an English Setter, she is my very sweet baby :halo: Loves to run around in the forest / mountains; I'm an outdoorsy kind of blonde half-city-half-country girl :lol: so we have a lot of fun together, including training for hunting competitions (mock hunting, no birds are harmed :lol: ) You have stumbled upon the right thread, we all love animals here :) I live in Scandinavia.

Rainwood, if you are reading, hope you are having a good new year :) And perhaps you have a few good words for Violet :halo:

Have a nice afternoon girls! Talk to you soon I hope!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I can't wait to hear all about your trip to the Diamond District. So much fun.

Marcy, the new stones look beautiful.

Scandi, Your trip this summer sounds like so much fun. I didn't make a jewelry purchase. I purchased a new Prada bag. Hopefully I will like it when it arrives. I hear you with being jealous of everyone's beautiful hair. I also wish I had the gorgeous hair the girls here have. I would gladly give up my diamonds for a gorgeous head of hair.

Jimmianne, I can't wait to hear all about your trip to NY. I know you will have a wonderful time.

Junebug, I didn't realize your husband was also thinking of retiring soon.

Rainwood, I miss you here. I love your posts! I would also love to hear your thoughts on everything political that has been going on. I was hoping you could say something to cheer me up although I think you are probably feeling very much like I am right now. I still cannot believe this is what we are stuck with.

Welcome Jaaron. My husband also spends a lot of time in London for business.

Hi Kristie, LLJsmom and Violet.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie :wavey:

Today's picture - a "bigbird" as we call them lol or capercaillie to you, I think :)

20170107_112117.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool picture Scandi!!!

I just came here to tell you I have a bone to pick with you. I just saw a picture of your hair in another thread. You get no sympathy from me in your hair. Your hair is beautiful!! How can you not like your hair?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hate to hear the weather outside is frightful. I hate freezing rain! That is very cool you volunteered to be a mentor for some kids. My hair is really thick and that curl is natural body. I don’t know why I did perms for year. Since it is so thick the longer it gets the more it curls. In my mind, it’s more blonde than it photographs but I am sure that is wishful thinking. If I dry it in the sun it will lighten up a lot. Your LA, Hawaii and NYC trip will be really fun! LOL that you can’t be bothered to do anymore work today. I absolutely love your answer on what motivates people – MONEY is spot on. :lol: One time Marty was looking at really expensive watches and I kept singing “Money changes everything”. He did not think I was funny. Great BigBird footprints.

Missy, I am sorry to hear your toe is not closing. I wonder if one of those butterfly bandages would help that? Just a thought. Rough decision whether to live at the beach permanently. You would be near the big city. It is kind of shocking to look down and not see our rings. On weekends when we stay home I either don’t wear anything or I just wear my ering. I am so ditzy I am always worried about taking them off somewhere (to wash my hands) and then forgetting them. Great picture of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Jimmianne, I am glad your weather warmed up. I bet you are excited for your trip. I know I am excited for you. I hope you have a blast looking at diamonds and jewelry and I hope you find a special treasure to take home with you. LOL at TMS! I do have bling covered. I still have so many pieces I don’t wear but those favorites see the light of day a lot. Thank you for saying I look young; looks can be deceiving. Wyoming treated me well today but tomorrow that 4 letter white stuff is coming back again. I decided I’ll let my German car just laugh at the snow.

Jaaron, it sounds like you and your family have settled in to life in London. My husband used to travel there (and to Southampton) frequently and sure liked it over there. I really like yellow and blue but don’t have much yellow in clothes or jewelry. That ring had a 5.5mm orange sapphire and I wanted a larger sapphire and didn’t care what color; that is the one that got my attention. It’s easily in the top 3 for my RHR. PS has been very bad for my wallet but good for my jewelry box.

June, I am glad to hear your snow and ice have melted. I can see why leaving your home of 20 years would be difficult but knowing your other house is a beach house that makes a move a little easier to take. I know you have time before you have to make those decisions. Marty would love a second home by a golf course somewhere.

Callie, I am also anxious to hear about J & M’s visit to the diamond district. How soon before your Prada arrives?

Thank you for the kind words about my sapphires and my appraisal at work. I appreciate it.

Right before I left for work I decided to see if my yellow sapphires were florescent. I popped the lid off the little container and both of those suckers shot out of there like a rocket. One hit the coffee table and the other hit the floor. I louped them tonight and did not see any scratches or chips. I made up my “order” for the jeweler. I am going to ask for .05 ct. FG VS best cut diamond accents in my earrings. I tried one of the sapphires against a .03 and .05 diamond and also an elongated .12 ct baguette. I liked the 5 pointer the best. Then I put the sapphires back in their case and I’m not touching them again. Really!

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1484186834|4114583 said:
Very cool picture Scandi!!!

I just came here to tell you I have a bone to pick with you. I just saw a picture of your hair in another thread. You get no sympathy from me in your hair. Your hair is beautiful!! How can you not like your hair?

Thank you for liking the picture, I think it's really cool too ! And so does my sweet furbaby, she is the one who found them, lol. Well actually I think she found the bird and not the tracks, but when I tried to find her, I startled the bird so it flew away and all that was left for me to take a picture of was his tracks, lol. These birds are so cool, really the bird king of the forest, but very hard to find/see because it is so shy (read: does not like to be shot at :lol: )

Re my hair - it *really* is *very* thin! I have a lot of hairs, but they all are very fine/thin and totally straight with no curl whatsoever, so getting a bit of volume is super hard and takes a lot of work and styling products - but after 30 min with my head upside down, tons of saltwater spray and a good blow-dry later, I'm good to go.. :lol: So most days, its just flat. But the colour is nice :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again girls :)

Got called away from you - I'm working from home today because there is such a lot happening with the house today, walls coming down etc - so furbaby could not be here alone today lol. Whilst she can open doors, she is not equally good at closing them - and staying inside whilst they are open is not excactly a forte of hers either...

I have forgotten everything I should comment on, but will try for a few highlights. Jimmianne and Missy, I'm eagerly awaiting your Diamond District report :) Hopefully with bling pictures of new babies that are coming home with you :love: Missy, I have not forgotten your comment re "big bling" :Up_to_something:

Marcy, glad you have that new car of yours! Handling snow well simply cannot be overrated for a car :shock: :lol: Can't wait to see what you do with those earrings in the making :)

Oh and Callie - never ever trade diamonds for hair... LOL

Was researching hotels in Hawaii - kind of expensive aren't they..? Or maybe its just me being picky.. :lol: You know there is something seriously wrong with you (me) when only four seasons look "OK". :lol:

Missy, good travel list. I remember you said that you have been to Hydra, Greece. I LOVE that island!! Some people we know bought Leonard Cohen's house years and years ago (alas they do not have it any more :(( ), so we visited when I was a child, and I have always loved to return there, the island is just magical :) Wish we could buy a house there! I know you prefer to drive, but perhaps if you hitch a ride with an army plane, you can persuade them to let you bring the car and you can ride in your car on the plane?? You know, just like in the movies?? :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, good luck this weekend and have a lovely time too.

Jaaron, I love London and it is the one city outside of NYC I can really see myself living in if the cost of living was less that is. My dh's old firm had a branch in London and I told him should they ask if he wanted a transfer we would gladly accept. Oh well that never panned out. A beach house in Maine is terrific. We have friends who have a vacation home there and go there every chance they can in the non winter weather. I love Maine too. Hiking and cycling and boating there in the milder weather and the beautiful scenery and parks. Lots more air and space to enjoy in Maine than where we live and if it weren't for the cold I could see my dh and I retiring there. You have the best of both worlds for sure. Anytime you want a little bit of Brooklyn nostalgia just come by and I am happy to share lots of pics. And if you are ever visiting here please let me know! What kind of dogs do you have? We love dogs :love: and if you have the time please share their photos. :appl:

Scandi, of all days to oversleep this was the day I didnt want to but blame the antihistamine I took last night. Darn allergies. Lots to do today before our adventure but I couldn't not say good morning to all of you. Haha like your "driving" idea on the plane. Nice try. :cheeky:
How's your weather today?
Love your photos!
My advice? Go for the Four Seasons. It will be an experience you want to make the most of and if you can go for it that's my advice.

Callie, wish you were here with us. Wish all of you girls were here with us. But then again poor Adam has enough on his hands with just us 2 I think. :lol:

Marcy, oh no and yes I have dropped my gems before and will do it again I know. Oy. When we were at my favorite Estate jewelers I dropped a huge diamond ring and the owner said don't worry. Diamonds don't break. :o We all know that is not true but she is sweet for calming me down and not wanting me to fret. LOL. You and I are the Queen Klutzes unfortunately. Usually I am dropping full glasses of drink or other messy things but yes I drop bling too. :errrr:
So are the sapphire fluorescent?

Have a good Thursday girls. The week is all turned around for me and today doesn't feel like Thursday because I worked different days this week. But no matter the day enjoy your day! :wavey:
Leaving you with one of my favorite paintings of the Brooklyn Bridge.

brooklynbridge.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Nirdis!

Missy, have a great time with Jimmianne, so glad the weather is mild and pleasant and I can't wait to hear about your day. Love that painting of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Calliecake, yes, I think my husband is getting a little burned out and wants to be young enough to do and enjoy things when he retires - mainly play golf haha! He changes his mind on exactly when but sounds like it's going to be within the next couple of years. It's sooner when he's frustrated by work lol.

Marcy, I am so happy you went with the 5 point round stones, I think that's the perfect size and shape and will look so pretty with the sapphires :appl: Oh no to them flying out of the case and I'm very glad they survived it, whew! And yes, dh feels the same way as Marty and I neglected to say the main reason dh loves SC is due to being able to play golf more often lol.

Scandi, very cool pic of the big bird footprints! :appl: I understand what you mean about people being SO serious when it's really not called for - life would be easier and more enjoyable if people would lighten up a little sometimes! The Four Seasons sounds good to me! :naughty:

Jimmianne, have a great time in NYC with Missy!

Going to take advantage of this warm weather and do a few errands I've been putting off, ttyl!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy and Jimmianne, I'm wishing you a day filled with diamonds and fun! I am so jealous that I am not there with you sharing the fun.

Junie, I think we are married to the same man!

Scandi, Sorry Honey, I would seriously give up every piece of jewelry I own for a great head of hair!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I bet your furbaby had fun finding BigBird. Surprise! Too funny the furbaby isn’t good at closing doors or wandering off. You are so right that it’s important (for both of us anyway) to have cars that handle snow well. Then again if I couldn’t get to work would it be that bad? I am not surprised hotels in Hawaii are expensive. It’s like I told myself on our trip to Pebble Beach; “we didn’t come here to save money”.

Missy, rats you slept in. I can’t sleep off antihistamines either. I can’t imagine the fun we’d all have going diamond shopping together. Gemstones and diamonds are rocks, right? So they should be sturdy enough to taking a knock or two. My sapphires are not fluorescent. I hope to drop them off to get the earrings made on Saturday. Great painting of the Brooklyn Bridge.

June, I am older than Marty and I think he wants to retire sooner than I do. I don’t even think about it. I am sure we will end up somewhere golf can be played all year. I am anxious to get my earrings made. I hope you had a nice day for errands.

Hi Callie.

Not much going on here today. Spent most of my day in my boss’s office. One of my employees is not going to be happy with their appraisal and then of course all the associated follow up fun with those. Should be interesting. I am not looking forward to handing out their appraisals next week. I am too soft for management. I was honest on their appraisals though. Three of them will be okay whatever but those other 2 not so much.

I met a friend for lunch today. It was nice to get out of the office.

We had salad, steak and taters for supper. That’s Wyoming speak.

Tomorrow if Friday. Woo hoo!!!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron, looks like you are getting plenty of snow. Stay safe and warm.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRD-sters!! Turns out I couldn't stay away and it's all your fault!! I won't try to catch up, but only acknowledge the shout-outs.

But first, thank you Missy and Jimmianne for being my scouts!! Hope you had a blast!!

Junie, I'm doing well. Thanks for asking. Love that cluster ring and I look forward to it every time that lovely piece makes an appearance.

Scandi, I've been to Hawaii a number of times, and to every island except Lanai. I've been to Kauai, Maui, and Oahu more than once. I like them all, but Kauai has always been my favorite. Which one would be best for you depends in part on what you're looking for and what you want to do. Things to know: Most and maybe all of the islands have a "dry" side and a "wet" side. The dry sides tend to have better weather and the "wet" sides have a more tropical and greener look. The general rule is that wet sides tend to be the north sides and the dry are on the south. It's not 100% true for every island and some places on the east and west are combinations of both. I've always stayed on the south side because we went in the winter. Going in the summer provides a better chance of good weather on the prettier, greener sides so you can stay anywhere. Plus the water tends to be calmer so the snorkeling and swimming are better.

I'm not sure what island or islands you're looking at so can't offer more specifics. I've always stayed in a condo except when I went there on business so can't speak about hotels much. The condos are more flexible if you don't want to eat every meal out, but hotels tend to have more and bigger amenities. We tried to combine both by staying in a condo and going out for dinner most nights, lunch occasionally and breakfast rarely. That's what worked best for us, but lots of people stay in hotels and prefer that experience.

There are two cautions I'd give on your intended itinerary. First, you'd be going through a lot of time zones. LA is 9 hours behind Sweden, and Hawaii will be 3 hours behind LA (at least I think it will be 3 hours behind because I don't think Hawaii does daylight saving time). I find going west isn't as hard as east, and NYC is 6 hours ahead of Hawaii then another 6 hours ahead to get home. Each of those time changes is significant. If I were designing the trip, I'd suggest going from Stockholm to Hawaii, relax and get used to the time change then fly to California for a few intense days at Disneyland. You're going in the summer and it will be hot and crowded at D'land. Do everything you can to minimize wait times there. And save 'Pirates of the Caribbean' for the hottest part of the day because it's dark and cool. And then I'd fly LA back to Stockholm directly. I love NYC, been there 5 or 6 times, but only once in the summer (July) and never again. It will be hot and muggy and the subway will be very smelly, and it's just not Manhattan at its best. Save it for fall or winter or spring. Any time but summer. There's a reason why everyone who can afford it leaves Manhattan in July and August.

Callie, I'll try to do a political post when I have more time. These are trying times for sure.

Hello (and welcome) to everyone else. Glad to be back.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PS was so glad to see me back it insisted on posting this twice!! Sure, that must be it . . . .

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :)

The weather here is --- unstable, lol. Some days, freezing cold Marcy style. Other days, freezing rain Missy style. In sum: very icy and not very nice. :angryfire: :lol: I had a bit of a fever this morning, so decided to work from home today. So DH took the children this morning. Good thing I'm an overprotecting mom... I went to check that DD had remembered to take her lunch. Yes she had. But she had not remembered to take her backpack - it was left by the fridge... So called DH - think you perhaps took the children but not their things..?? LOL Guess who had to double back.. :lol: Seriously though, if you deviate from your routine for even an inch in the morning, the day will end up a disaster :lol:

Tomorrow, we will do a one-night stay in my dad's cabin in the mountains. The children will do some skiing and furbaby and I will try to find a few birds to practice on :angel:

Missy, I love that painting! But perhaps your picture of the bridge even more! I'm very childish, and I love Harry Potter, and that picture you took reminds me of when everything was going dark and the bridge collapsed in the last (?) book. You know, feels like a picture with a lot of seriousness in a beautiful way. I'll stop rambling now. Hope you had a nice day yesterday! :love:

Jimmianne, have you made any purchases...?? I'm living through you here, have to save my money for Hawaii :lol:

Marcy, you are fantastic! Didn't go there to save money!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That is just a perfect idea!! Do you have proper snow now? As I don't think you have mentioned it, you probably don't love cross country skiing.. But I do.. :lol: So I wish I had your snow, if not your sometimes too cold temperatures :lol:

Rainwood, hello there, we have missed you, just like PS I think you are entitled to post everything twice, at least for a week or so :lol: Thank you so much for your Hawaii tips!! I do agree that the time difference is not "ideal", lol. But this is what we have to work with, both regarding time-of-year, and due to "surrounding circumstances", such as available direct flights, meeting friends in LA. Also, DH refuse to spend more than approximately 10 hours in a plane with DS without a stop :lol: But we'll be OK. At least I will, apparently I'm always sleep deprived so I can sleep any time :lol: We were in China with DD once, at least that went well. So we'll just have to cross our fingers... Here you on NYC, I've only been there in spring. But at least "hot and muggy" will convince the children not to move there :lol: :lol:
A cabana might be nice, but perhaps we'll prefer a hotel with more pools for the children when I just can't build any more sand castles.. One time in Greece, I bought a book and told DH that it was not a good idea to talk to me before I had finished the book :lol: He built a lot of sand castles that day :lol:

Callie, I love bags too, not just diamonds :) Has "The Prada" arrived yet??

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Friday. :appl:

We had a wonderful time yesterday and will fill you in on all the details later. Lots of gorgeous diamonds.
And the weather could not have been better for January. Mild and calm. It was perfect.

Rainwood! Welcome back and you know how much we all missed you here.

Scandi, I never read any of the Harry Potter books but would like to one day. Have fun overnight at your cabin and hoping you get no icy rain or inclement weather of any kind.

Callie, how did yesterday afternoon go? Did the ice melt and the roads clear? Are you watching your sweet niece today instead?

Marcy, ooh, you are married to a younger man. Nice. 8) We were just talking about younger men last night and how perhaps we need to find just the right younger man for Jimmianne. Younger men can be very good. :bigsmile:

Junie, hope you are having a good Friday, safe trip and hope your weekend goes well.

Posting one photo because I cannot leave you girls without any bling to enjoy. :halo:

Have a good day girls! :wavey:

_38874.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn't resist sharing. Awwww. Happiness is....a warm safe well loved kitty. :love:

tommyballoffur.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1484312902|4114994 said:
Couldn't resist sharing. Awwww. Happiness is....a warm safe well loved kitty. :love:

Awwwwwwwww... :love: Leading a hard life, that one, lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, I am so disappointed I can't get together with you and Jimmianne, sounds like you are having a great time together, thank you for the eye candy :love: Gorgeous! Adorable picture of Tommy!

Scandi, I forgot to tell you that I think it's wonderful you are volunteering in a mentoring program, now that I have kids in their 20's I realize that young people do need some support and guidance at times. It is so great that in spite of how busy you are, you are making time to help others and I really admire you for it.

Sorry about the inconvenience of all the work going on at the house, but the good news is it means progress is being made lol. :appl: It is so funny that your furbaby can open doors but not close them :D

Rainwood, so nice to hear from you and I'm glad you're doing well! And I am so flattered you like my ring, thank you, you made my day. I wish I could get a better close-up picture of the diamonds, those little omcs are so cute!

Marcy, too funny Marty talks about retirement and he's younger than you! Hey, as long as you are happy working you might as well keep going! I can see where the whole task of giving appraisals is not much fun and it's stressful to deal with disgruntled employees, but you are just doing your job and you'd be remiss if you weren't honest. And you are very fair, any criticism you give them is valid and you would think they'd be concerned and try to improve their performance instead of getting defensive. :roll:

Dh and I are heading to SC later today - just a quick trip to pick up our car, I haven't mentioned it but dh was in a car accident the last time we were there, someone ran a stop sign and drove in front of him and he couldn't avoid the car- nobody was hurt thank goodness but our car sustained a lot of damage and has been in the shop and is ready now. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice while we're there and I'm sure dh will work in a little golf lol.

Happy Friday everyone, I'll check in soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results