telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487536595|4130826 said:
telephone89|1487536362|4130821 said:
ruby59|1487536174|4130819 said:
telephone89|1487535998|4130817 said:
ruby59|1487528248|4130738 said:
Could he possibly be referring to an incident that was ultimately thwarted by authorities.

Don't you think here in the US there are potential tragedies that are ultimately averted that we never hear about.
Ruby this post was what I was referring to. You think something happened (or was going to) and that's what trump was talking about.

So is it this, or is it the cover up you're on about? Can you please clarify WHAT you believe trump was talking about?

Telephone, the thread has progressed from there. You need to keep reading.
I repeat my question.

Can you please clarify what you believe the incident was that trump mentioned? Or do you not know?

Read my post again.

All I said is that things happen around us that ordinary citizens are not privy to. I speculated that maybe that was what Trump was referring to - an incident in Sweden that was kept quiet.

But it was an increased incident if rape that they were trying to shove under the rug.
I'm sorry Ruby, I must be incredibly stupid, because I'm still confused as to what you believe he was talking about. Was he talking about an incident thwarted by authorities, or was he talking about the cover up?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

The internet radio station Granskning Sverige called the mainstream newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen to ask why they had described the perpetrators as "Swedish men" when they actually were Somalis without Swedish citizenship. They were hugely offended when asked if they felt any responsibility to warn Swedish women to stay away from certain men. One journalist asked why that should be their responsibility.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad the Olympics are only for physical competitions. The mental gymnastics in this thread are amazing! :appl:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1487536961|4130836 said:
Too bad the Olympics are only for physical competitions. The mental gymnastics in this thread are amazing! :appl:

Keep reading.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487536596|4130827 said:
Yup, it was awesome.

Also, found the original "source" for this nonsense. It was about sexual assault/rape that happened at music festivals over the summer. Essentially there was misinformation at the beginning about the description of the perpetrators, and it was retracted. But by then, people who wanted to blame "foreigners" had already gotten hold of the foolishness.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/jul/06/swedish-festival-rapes-migrants-wrong-dangerous
Ugh so frustrating. Someone saying "they were probably immigrants" now turned into a witch hunt. And the people who stuff their face with this misinformation is astounding...

E B

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1487536790|4130831 said:
I'm sorry Ruby, I must be incredibly stupid, because I'm still confused as to what you believe he was talking about. Was he talking about an incident thwarted by authorities, or was he talking about the cover up?

I don't even think Trump knows what he was talking about. It was a garbled mess of things he's seen on Fox, and those of us under his leadership, well, we get to try to guess what he may have meant. Lucky us!

By the way, if he was referring to something private, maybe he shouldn't be discussing it at a rally. I doubt this was the case, but with him, who knows.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1487537052|4130838 said:
Yup, it was awesome.

Also, found the original "source" for this nonsense. It was about sexual assault/rape that happened at music festivals over the summer. Essentially there was misinformation at the beginning about the description of the perpetrators, and it was retracted. But by then, people who wanted to blame "foreigners" had already gotten hold of the foolishness.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/jul/06/swedish-festival-rapes-migrants-wrong-dangerous
Ugh so frustrating. Someone saying "they were probably immigrants" now turned into a witch hunt. And the people who stuff their face with this misinformation is astounding...

One article.

Now read the one I posted.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487537127|4130842 said:

Read the article I posted.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1487537077|4130839 said:
telephone89|1487536790|4130831 said:

I don't even think Trump knows what he was talking about. It was a garbled mess of things he's seen on Fox, and those of us under his leadership, well, we get to try to guess what he may have meant. Lucky us!

By the way, if he was referring to something private, maybe he shouldn't be discussing it at a rally. I doubt this was the case, but with him, who knows.
No, it's much more likely that he made a mistake when naming countries/cities that had attacks. But certain posters continue to defend him, and I'm honestly trying to figure out why. She can't even articulate what she believes he was talking about, but still knows it was the truth.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheeto's hair was coiffed a bit differently during the Florida rally and you all missed it. That is the real story. Why did he change it, what does it signify, is it a secret sign of the coming apocalypse, was it a body double and if so where is the real cheeto, has the real scrotus been kidnapped and is he being held in Sweden.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487537112|4130841 said:
telephone89|1487537052|4130838 said:
Yup, it was awesome.

One article.

Now read the one I posted.
Ruby I did read your article.
Now answer my question! Why do you not want to answer it? What is the incident you believe Trump was referring to?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1487536458|4130824 said:
lovedogs|1487536247|4130820 said:
telephone89|1487535998|4130817 said:
ruby59|1487528248|4130738 said:
Could he possibly be referring to an incident that was ultimately thwarted by authorities.

Don't you think here in the US there are potential tragedies that are ultimately averted that we never hear about.
Ruby this post was what I was referring to. You think something happened (or was going to) and that's what trump was talking about.

So is it this, or is it the cover up you're on about? Can you please clarify WHAT you believe trump was talking about?

Ok, I figured out where the rabbit hole goes. She's referring to an article in express.co.uk (which she posted). The article says that 1 fox news commentator (Ami Horowitz) said in an interview on Fox that terrorism is happening in Sweden and it's being covered up. He had no proof for this whatsoever. Interestingly, this interview happened on the 17th (Friday), and Trump's moronic comment happened on Saturday. SURPRISE! TRUMP WATCHES FOX NEWS AND GETS ALL OF HIS MISINFORMATION FROM THERE! There is no "conspiracy" here. Someone said something dumb on fox (SHOCK!), and Trump (who has nothing better to do than watch Fox), regurgitates the info in front of lots of people who don't know better than to question him. YAY for investigative googling!
Did you see the 'last week tonight' from last week? Hilarious

Yup, it was awesome.

To paint the perpetrators of sexual assault as some monolithic, easily identifiable group also makes it easier to continue the victim-blaming. Because it should be easy to avoid being assaulted at a festival, right? Just avoid the men who have “attacker” practically written on their foreheads. In 2010, after the attack at Reading, festival organiser Melvin Benn spoke of a plan to “inform young girls in particular about the danger of sexual predators”. There was no mention of how the festival planned to deal with the sexual predators themselves. The same year, Hop Farm festival founder Vince Power said a festival was essentially a small town, “and in a town you wouldn’t leave your door open”. In doing so, he painted the women who’d been assaulted as victims of nothing but their own carelessness.

What do you think of this nugget that I highlighted in the article you brought here?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1487537450|4130847 said:
Cheeto's hair was coiffed a bit differently during the Florida rally and you all missed it. That is the real story. Why did he change it, what does it signify, is it a secret sign of the coming apocalypse, was it a body double and if so where is the real cheat, has the real scrotus been kidnapped and is he being held in Sweden.
OMG Matata: thanks for bringing up this very obvious issue! IT IS A SECRET SIGN! SCROTUS IS NOW IN SWEDEN AND WE ALL NEED TO BE VERY CONCERNED.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487537127|4130842 said:

Goin' for the gold in the Logic Freestyle!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487537549|4130850 said:
To paint the perpetrators of sexual assault as some monolithic, easily identifiable group also makes it easier to continue the victim-blaming. Because it should be easy to avoid being assaulted at a festival, right? Just avoid the men who have “attacker” practically written on their foreheads. In 2010, after the attack at Reading, festival organiser Melvin Benn spoke of a plan to “inform young girls in particular about the danger of sexual predators”. There was no mention of how the festival planned to deal with the sexual predators themselves. The same year, Hop Farm festival founder Vince Power said a festival was essentially a small town, “and in a town you wouldn’t leave your door open”. In doing so, he painted the women who’d been assaulted as victims of nothing but their own carelessness.

What do you think of this nugget that I highlighted in the article you brought here?
It means he's a disgusting human being that doesn't want to be held responsible for assaults that happen at his events.

what does that have to do with immigrants?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
and in a town you wouldn’t leave your door open”. In doing so, he painted the women who’d been assaulted as victims of nothing but their own carelessness.

Calling Lovedogs.

From the article you posted.

Do you agree with the highlighted part?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1487537716|4130854 said:

It means he's a disgusting human being that doesn't want to be held responsible for assaults that happen at his events.

Correct. Also, it seems like some people don't understand how to read, since the quote isn't by the author. It's by the random who runs the festival. Do I agree? Of course not. Relevance to anything we're talking about? BIG, FAT, ZEROOOOOO

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487538101|4130858 said:

Correct. Also, it seems like some people don't understand how to read, since the quote isn't by the author. It's by the random who runs the festival. Do I agree? Of course not. Relevance to anything we're talking about? BIG, FAT, ZEROOOOOO
Me right now
:wall:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Who said I thought it was the author?

But this is who Sweden gives a permit to to run these festivals. Seems they are more concerned about protecting the men then they are of the women.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I do not have enough beer handy for this reading material.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1487542772|4130885 said:
LOL I do not have enough beer handy for this reading material.

I know!!

I just read this whole thing and I'm STILL WAITING for ruby to answer the one question she has been asked about 30 times - WHAT ON EARTH does she think happened that night in Sweden???

katharath

Ideal_Rock

This is *the* post of the day.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chelsea Clinton for the win:

Chelsea Clinton ✔ @ChelseaClinton
What happened in Sweden Friday night? Did they catch the Bowling Green Massacre perpetrators?
4:50 AM - 19 Feb 2017

:appl: :lol:

E B

Ideal_Rock
screen_shot_2017-02-19_at_6.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487545444|4130906 said:

What happened in Sweden Friday night? Did they catch the Bowling Green Massacre perpetrators?

I'm tempted to join Twitter right now so I can tell Chelsea Clinton how much I adore her.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1487548326|4130914 said:
lovedogs|1487545444|4130906 said:

I'm tempted to join Twitter right now so I can tell Chelsea Clinton how much I adore her.

Ooh you should. (I think Chelsea has grown into such a lovely, capable person). Twitter is way more fun than I realized or I would've joined years ago, lol.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1487540656|4130875 said:

Who said I thought it was the author?

But this is who Sweden gives a permit to to run these festivals. Seems they are more concerned about protecting the men then they are of the women.

Ruby- You do know that both Reading and Hop Farm are in the UK, right? I could be wrong, but I don't think either of those organisers have anything to do with Bravalla.

And here in the UK, according to Rape Crisis, Approximately 90% of those who are raped know the perpetrator prior to the offence, so I don't think immigrants are the greatest danger.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't get into the rape subject with Ruby. She's taught her daughters to be rape proof with her infinite wisdom. According to ruby, it's a woman's fault if she gets herself raped because she should have never put herself in that position, especially if she already knows the guy. You will just start a shit storm of right wing fed slut shaming garbage that hurts a bunch of women on this forum...

And then Ruby will tell you that the word Pussy really, really bothers her with no thought to all of the people she's hurt over and over on this forum...because you know, empathy is hard.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1487555790|4130953 said:
Please don't get into the rape subject with Ruby. She's taught her daughters to be rape proof with her infinite wisdom. According to ruby, it's a woman's fault if she gets herself raped because she should have never put herself in that position, especially if she already knows the guy. You will just start a shit storm of right wing fed slut shaming garbage that hurts a bunch of women on this forum...

And then Ruby will tell you that the word Pussy really, really bothers her with no thought to all of the people she's hurt over and over on this forum...because you know, empathy is hard.

House if you are going to babble then please present my position correctly. Because that is not even close to what I said, and you know it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results