shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbies and Newishbies Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Well...I''ll jump in and play. I am southern born and bred. I quickly married my DH almost 4 years ago(crazy story..we''ll leave that for another time
2.gif
) After living in many different places all over the world we are currently in the flooding Midwest. We have been here over 2 years and we love it.
I have a marketing degree but have not used it since we married. Since settling here I have become very involved in the community and volunteer a lot. I also opened a stationery/invitation/anything personalized(clothes, etc.) business out of my home over a year and a half ago. I am a mommy to 3 choc. labs. I guess you could say I piddle a lot.
I found and became addicted to PS earlier this year at the end of my ins. claim process for my e-ring. I am glad I found it but I wish I had found it earlier in my process.
2.gif

I LOVE this site and hope too make some new, wonderful online friends.
36.gif
My DH has 2 forums that he is addicted to so I was thrilled to find this one so I could have one too! He can''t have all the fun now can he?

ETA: I also have a problem with over using exclamation marks as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:49:56 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
just a warning to the newbies here...there''re a few
nuts.gif
ladies on PS.
Hahaha, Dancing Fire!!! Then I guess I''ll fit right in
2.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Katy and all,
I''m a midwesterner, St. Louis, MO, to be exact, but I''m all city-girl at heart.

Currently, BF and I are both at the same grad school, planning to graduate this May! Finally! I''ll have my masters in social work and am planning to be a therapist. He''ll have his MBA.

Like you, I LOVE cooking - anything and everything. Maybe we can swap recipes sometime.

I have a little chihuahua terrier named Darby who is just amazing. Can''t imagine life without him.

I started out on RT because I was pre-planning for my E-ring, and now I dip a little into all the forums. I''m hooked because I''ve found everyone to be so friendly and informative.

Great thread idea!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I love exclamation points, but ellipses are my favorite!! ... !!

I''m a Cali girl...San Diego, to be exact. I research just about everything on the Internet, so when my BF and I started looking at diamonds...of course the search led me here!! We''ve been together going on 7 years and always kinda knew we''d get married someday, what''s the rush? Well, friends started getting married so I guess we just felt now is as good a time as any. Plus, we want to have kids soon, and I want to be married before kids, sooooo....here I am!

We have 3 cats and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that is my baby...I just adore her to death and I can''t bear to be away from her for too long (and my BF, too, I guess!).
2.gif

I love wine, food, cupcakes, travel, science, movies, & live music - to name a few.

I don''t want to talk about my career because I hate it...it is just a way to pay the bills. Hopefully someday I''ll get the courage to change careers, or, have enough money to stay home with kids!

With all the talk about avatars the other day, I decided to play around with mine. I''m a huge fan of glam rock, so when I was trying to think of a screen name, I loved all the meaning "Rock of Love" had...Bret Michaels and his show, Rocks = diamonds = engagement = love. You get it!!!

I really enjoy discussing, debating, analyzing, talking...which I guess is why I love this website. Glad to be here...and glad to meet all y''all!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:49:56 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
just a warning to the newbies here...there''re a few
nuts.gif
ladies on PS.
A few?!?! Now that''s insulting. lol We''re all over the place and we''re not hididng. Right ladies?
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:04:29 PM
Author: KatyWI
Okay, I KNOW there are more people out there that haven''t spoken up...

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif
She is talking to you Ellen.

Thats you being unruly >>>>>
dancing.gif

rotflmao2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 5:57:20 AM
Author: Maisie

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif

dancing.gif
rotflmao2.gif
x2

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome newbies
35.gif
35.gif
Love this thread!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
bump
1.gif

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
All right, I''ll give this a go.
2.gif

Grew up in the Midwest, originally from Michigan, and moved to Denver last year. Got engaged last year as well, after dating FI for 10 years (yup, all through high school and college). Getting married this June, and originally discovered PS through the BWW forum when I was looking for wedding ideas. I love
30.gif
that thread, especially all the great pictures and the great ideas those ladies have. I just found hangout in the last week, so I guess that makes me a newbie to this area anyway.

I work for a children''s hospital in their Finance department (BS in Finance, debating on getting Masters). Love my job and the great people I work with.

I have two dogs who are my babies, both are two and a half. I got them at the same time, I don''t know what I was thinking!
38.gif
One is a jack russell, she thinks she is queen of the castle, and the other is a golden who is my baby boy.

Favorite things to do outside of work: read, knit, ski, and hike.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 6:01:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

Okay, I KNOW there are more people out there that haven't spoken up...

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif

dancing.gif
rotflmao2.gif
x2
Both of you are skating on thin ice.
11.gif
And I hope you fall in....

As you can all see, I am the truly nice one.
1.gif
Pay no mind to these other two.
11.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I see the welcome wagon already came around, but I wanted to say HI NEWBIES! Welcome welcome (especially all you English majors and English major wannabes).

I can''t say I have an !!!!! problem (thought I might sometimes). I just have a parenthentical comment addiction (in case you couldn''t tell).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 12:48:25 PM
Author: Ellen

Okay, I KNOW there are more people out there that haven't spoken up...

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif

dancing.gif
rotflmao2.gif
x2
11.gif

1.gif
11.gif
liarliar.gif
b]

dance2.gif

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:25:10 PM
Author: princesss
I see the welcome wagon already came around, but I wanted to say HI NEWBIES! Welcome welcome (especially all you English majors and English major wannabes).

I can''t say I have an !!!!! problem (thought I might sometimes). I just have a parenthentical comment addiction (in case you couldn''t tell).
lol princess I have the same problem. It''s good to know I''m not alone.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''ll play.

Like so many others, I lurked for far, far too long. I found this site two years ago just before we got engaged and didn''t register until last August when I wanted to answer someone''s post about using an espresso machine steam wand to clean your jewelry. (For what it''s worth, yes, you can, just be careful not to burn yourself!)

Um.... I use too many exclamation points too.

I am southern born and bred, though I did a six year detour in Seattle. It was fun, but I missed the south. I had also pretty much dated all the good ones out there, some of them twice, and decided I needed new territory. Kidding, kidding. Sort of. At any rate, a friend of mine joked that if I moved back to the south, I would probably get married in like ten minutes. I told her she was nuts and that I only knew a few people where I was moving and didn''t expect anything. And that''s what I get for making that declaration. I moved the beginning of Sept, met DH formally within 2 weeks (I had met him ever so briefly when I came down to buy a house). We started dating in Nov, got engaged and Feb and married in April. It''ll be two years in a few weeks!

I was a retail interior designer/store planner for a long time but the ecomony killed that. I did contract work for six months and landed a full time gig at the end of December. It''s not design in the sense that I''m used to and is a project management role that is more about driving projects thru process. It''s actually a great career move for me and if I hadn''t been laid off, I probably wouldn''t have this job.

I enjoy cooking most days and experiment a lot. We just got done (mostly) remodeling our 70 year old house and now I have plans to tackle the out of control yard. If anyone likes yard work and wants to drop in and help, I won''t say no! And DH will mix pitchers of cocktails! Which means not much will get done but it''ll be fun.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I found PS when I decided to upgrade my ER (which should be pretty soon!) and signed up in January. I don''t lurk! I just jump out of the woodwork at you!

What I love about PS is the many different people who are here for various reasons, but have one common bond. I love hearing about all the newly or soon to be engaged gals, their nervous BFs who spend so much time trying to pick out that "just right" diamond and setting for their beloveds. I love reading about all the wedding planning, etc and wish I could do mine all over again (I will be celebrating my 20th this year)!

I am getting the "hang" of the hangout and have been contributing more in those threads as well as having seeked assistance from others to help me through some difficult situations.

I have found more than a community here. I have found an extended family!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

36.gif
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:48:25 PM
Author: Ellen

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif

dancing.gif
rotflmao2.gif
x2
11.gif

1.gif
11.gif
You know I love you Ellen. You are a special friend with a great big heart.
oh%20no%20not%20that.gif

I said HEART Ellen!!!

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
Hello Katy and all you wonderful ladies!

I live in California and got engaged last January. My FI proposed to me when I was visiting my home country. He surprised me with his visit and proposed a few days before we had to fly back to Cali. We have been together for 3 years now and I want a long engagement..... No rush for me as we have the rest of our lives together, might as well enjoy the engagement. We are tying the knot January 2011. I should probably post e-ring pics soon!

Now, some few things about me:

I love to travel.
I don''t know my way around the kitchen although I can sure wash dishes.
My family can drive me crazy but I love them immensely.
On any given day, I''d rather be watching a movie or reading a good book.
I am obsessed with luxury purses!!!
I can''t sing to save my life - nor would I try.
Suri Cruise captivates me - such a cute, adorable baby.
My FI pampers me and spoils me too much.
I always enjoy wherever I work at and whoever I work with.
I became a US citizen last year in time for the elections and I did vote!!

Thanks Katy for starting this thread and more power to all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results