shape
carat
color
clarity

New Zealand

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If you had about 10 days in NZ (in say....October 2011) and only one day planned (say....October 2nd, when you're going to be in Wellington, watching NZ play Canada in the Rugby World Cup :bigsmile:), what would you do? Where would you go? Why?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Cheer for Canada? Haha... :tongue: Seriously, I don't know much about New Zealand, but would be extremely curious to learn more about the Maori culture. I hope you tell us more about your trip in the future!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
SOUTH ISLAND!! :)

Glaciers (I went to Fox, but both Fox and Franz Josef are amazing). Go on a halfday glacier hike (the all-day is KILLER - my body hated me by the end). Take a helicopter ride over the two glaciers and Mount Cook. Skydive over the glaciers.

Go to Queenstown, go bungee jumping.

Visit Lake Pukaki and Lake Tekapo on the way to Mount Cook.

Glenorchy - horseback riding, gorgeous scenery.

Milford or Doubtful Sound - boat tour. Amazingly gorgeous. I hear Doubtful is even more isolated and stunning but it's also more expensive. Choose a smaller boat - the smaller ones take you out further and you get closer to seals, etc.

Hamner Springs - hot springs!

Although, one thing I didn't do because of the season, and which you might be able to do since it'll be summer there, is hit the beaches on the North Island!

New_Zealand_thread (but I have lots more pics on FB).

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
princesss said:
If you had about 10 days in NZ (in say....October 2011) and only one day planned (say....October 2nd, when you're going to be in Wellington, watching NZ play Canada in the Rugby World Cup :bigsmile:), what would you do? Where would you go? Why?

Whoa. Whoa. Wait. So....you iz traveling? LOL, do tell, DO TELL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results