shape
carat
color
clarity

New Years Eve Plans??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What plans do you have this New Year's Eve?

We are staying in; we will make homemade pizza and watch a movie! Nothing too exciting. I do have the Twilight Zone episodes and since we no longer have a tv, I might just watch an episode or two in honor of the marathon they do each year on the Syfy channel. lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don't have anything special planned. We'll either go out for dinner or order in and watch a movie.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Nothing planned...yet. There have been a few comments and questions from friends about what we're doing, but honestly, I think we'll skip it this year. It's the first year DH's band doesn't have a gig as the lead singer is on holidays -- might enjoy the break for once. My SIL and fam are flying in that night, so we may even ring in the New Year at the airport, picking them up! :))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
We have no plans and probably wont' make any since I doubt we can find a sitter for the kids. However, we did buy a bottle of Dom P and some Johnny Walker that we plan on opening up. DH and I will celebrate once the kids are in bed and IF we re feeling exceptionally reckless might even stay up till 10:30pm before we crash!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1356785233|3342175 said:
We have no plans and probably wont' make any since I doubt we can find a sitter for the kids. However, we did buy a bottle of Dom P and some Johnny Walker that we plan on opening up. DH and I will celebrate once the kids are in bed and IF we re feeling exceptionally reckless might even stay up till 10:30pm before we crash!
Sarah, how old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? mine are 1 year and 8 months so I actually probably won't stay up until midnight since my boys like to be up at 6 am each morning! lol Dom P sounds nice, enjoy!!!

Zoe, that sounds nice to stay in and order in some food.

JGinger, oh then I would enjoy your guy being off for one holiday! that is soooo cool he is a singer! Have a nice visit with the in laws

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Roasting weenies and marshmallows over the fire with the kiddos. Bath, story, and bedtime. If DH and I are still feeling energetic, we will probably watch and episode or two of Top Gear on the DVR. I doubt we will make midnight even though the kids have been sleeping until 8am lately.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1356785233|3342175 said:
IF we are feeling exceptionally reckless might even stay up till 10:30pm before we crash!
:lol: About our speed too. Have a good dinner, watch a movie, snore. I don't like being on the roads on NYE.

--- Laurie

tigian

Ideal_Rock
We are having 4 of our good friends over for tapas and Guesstures. DH is supposedly organizing a small wine tasting as well. Super low key. It will also be sort of a housewarming since we've been in our house for only a couple months.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I will be working like I am every year, I like to have christmas off so I always end up with new years.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far, the only plans I know we have for sure is lighting off a few fireworks for the boys. We don't usually go out on New Year's because I don't feel comfortable driving around on a night when so many are drinking. The kids ARE allowed to stay up till midnight every year on New Year's and it wasn't until about last year or the year before that they actually were able to stay up that long. Before then, they'd try but fall asleep.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Work for me too. I might make it out before midnight if we have early dealines. Usually I'm in the car on the way home getting Happy New Year from the radio.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Work during the day (since I spent a goodly portion of Christmas week SICK - still sick in fact) because don't have any leave left, but then come hell or high water, we WILL make our reservation at a local, well-reviewed gourmet restaurant that we've not been to before. We should have ample time afterwards for curling up with the champagne, or going to a party....

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty happy that we don't have any plans! Busy year plus my boy pooch is still recovering from surgery and on meds that make him pee every 3 hours.

Love the homemade pizza idea, Skippy! I may steal it! We used to do that years ago! Fave toppings were sliced blue potatoes, cheese, chicken and asparagus! :) yummy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love homemade pizza. Skippy, every time you post pics of your husband's pizzas, it always makes me want a piece. :lickout:

Everyone's plans sound fun. Ksinger, I hope you feel better soon.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hosting another couple for dinner to celebrate the New Year and their marriage in mid November this year (@ the court house) we haven't properly celebrated.

Good friends, food and wine...what better way to bring in 2013!

Happy New Year's PSers. Here's to a Blingy New Year!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Dinner and dancing for us in London. Staying well away from the big fireworks crowd (we will watch them from big screen TVs in our restaurant).

Staggering home at 4 am guaranteed. :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1356822807|3342463 said:
Dinner and dancing for us in London. Staying well away from the big fireworks crowd (we will watch them from big screen TVs in our restaurant).

Have fun!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock

This is our usual NYE. I am torn between outright jealousy at your awesome plans, and utter relief that I know I won't be written off the following day, nauseous and with burning feet! :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am naked in a hot tub with the milky way in glorious splendor above me. We are at a remote place in the high desert and we'll be here till tues

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy...all the PSers are coming over to your place for a big party.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1356832744|3342560 said:

This is our usual NYE. I am torn between outright jealousy at your awesome plans, and utter relief that I know I won't be written off the following day, nauseous and with burning feet! :lol:

Well, we are DINKYS and London has had an awesome year. We won't have that many more party-all-night years left so might as well make the most of it. There will be enough NYEs falling asleep on the couch at 9pm ahead of us I'm sure!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are having another couple over for dinner (gluten and fruit free - 1 has food allergies and diet restrictions) and then games. Our daughter and her boyfriend will also be here with us, so that's nice!! We watch the NY Times Square ball drop at midnight, with a toast, then we'll probably skitter off to bed shortly after. We just can't party hard like we used to! :roll:

We WERE supposed to be going to Niagara on the Lake for a 2 night stay with friends, wine tours, chef prepared gourmet meal with wine parings... but the situation changed and now we can't get away. Oh well... on the upside, this will be significantly cheaper! :bigsmile:

Have a great NYE everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1356869999|3342763 said:
Skippy's sounds great, but I'm joining Matata!!

that does sounds nice, the stars and a nice warm desert, with dessert!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like so many nice plans!!!! enjoy if you are going out or staying in! Happy 2013 soon! I can't believe in a few days it will be 2013?!?! :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're going to a private members-only club with some friends for dinner and to see the fireworks. :appl:

Can't complain! ;-) :D

Happy New Year for 2013 to everyone!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's plans sound lovely.

I'll be drinking a glass of wine on the couch and surfing PS. Then off to bed well before midnight. I love sleep.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1356879219|3342813 said:
sounds like so many nice plans!!!! enjoy if you are going out or staying in! Happy 2013 soon! I can't believe in a few days it will be 2013?!?! :D

It is wild that it's almost 2013. A lot of people thought the day would never come (with the Mayan Calendar and all! :bigsmile: )

Hope 2012 is a fabulous year for everyone!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
DH works graveyard, so I will be home alone....well, the baby will be with me. I'll probably be asleep by 11.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to work for cleaning up the entire floor and the basement. I'm leaving for Japan on the New Year's Day and am so excited!

2012 has been a great year for me. I hope everybody will have another wonderful year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results