shape
carat
color
clarity

New Kitten!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
We (finally) got our kitten today!!! She is ~12 weeks old, and we named her Albi (hehe, because PS people called me that as a nickname and I thought it was cute!) She''s still really shy (has been hiding under the sofa for about an hour now...) but she is also very cuddly soooo cute!!!
9.gif

albi_1.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, bless little Albi- may she have a very long and happy life with her new "MOM"!

She''s so beautifu
30.gif
l

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Albi, is just precious and adorable too. Enjoy your new kitty!!!
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! Too cute!! Glad you two finally picked one out
9.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOO CUTE!!! I have two calico kittens and one looks just like albi!! (I love her name btw) Congratulations!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Albi....she''s such a cutie!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I''m so glad you finally got the right kitty for you!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your precious new baby!!! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is just lovely!!! Congrats on your new baby, hope you have many happy years together, love the name too!
36.gif
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie, she looks so huggable. Ooh, I get all broody when I see kittens. I''d love more.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 3:12:55 AM
Author: MiniMouse
What a cutie, she looks so huggable. Ooh, I get all broody when I see kittens. I''d love more.
I know Mini, I do too, nothing like snuggling up a little baby cat to get the maternal urges flowing
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
OH I love calico''s (obviously from my avatar) my cat is a little more "robust"then yours. I love your cat''s long graceful face. Talke care of her!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Such a cutie! Congrats on the new adorable precious!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
She''s just perfect!

Never heard of a calico before though.......she''d be called a tortie in England.

>^..^
Best wishes dyanne

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We love her!!
9.gif

Except....we couldn''t find her this morning!!
7.gif
We looked for like a half hour, and then my boyfriend is working from home today too, so he kept looking after I left. And we just can''t find her!!!! We live in a fairly small one-bedroom, and all the windows and closet doors and drawers were closed, and we looked under and behind everything we could think of.
7.gif
Anyone have any tips on locating hidden kittens?? We want to play with her more!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 9:46:36 AM
Author: blodthecat
She's just perfect!

Never heard of a calico before though.......she'd be called a tortie in England.

>^..^<

Best wishes dyanne
Her cat is called a calico here. But we also call other cats tortie's here. They look different than a calico. My cat is a torti and she has a more blended mix of colors in her fur--almost like a Monet watercolor rather than the patches and blocks of color like a calico cat has.

And Albi's adorable by the way!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Not to hijack, but here''s what we call a torti here, being held by her owner: my daughter Olivia

tortimonet.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
So cute, congrats!! I have a Calico as well.

Try the following places-closets, on the dryer (if it''s on) my cat LOVES heat, on a heating vent, under the bed, sometimes on a chair that is tucked into the table. Try shaking a can of treats or her bag of food. Works for my kitty!
emcat.gif

Congrats again!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely new kitten! Congrats on your new baby.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I made her my avatar!
9.gif

If only we could find her....
39.gif
My boyfriend still hasn''t seen any sign of her!! He tried all the places you suggested Angel, but unfortunately since she''s still nervous about us, shaking treats etc doesn''t lure her out yet, the sound just scares her.
7.gif
Poor thing, I hope she realizes we just want to love her soon so she doesn''t stay so stressed out!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t worry too much Albi, this is normal for new kittens. She will come out probably this evening when she gets hungry and it is dark and quiet, give her a little time. Try behind the fridge, inside cupboards, on top of them, wardrobes inside and on top, you might be surprised at the places she can squeeze into! Anywhere that isn''t obvious look into.

aeli

Rough_Rock
Too cute!!! I want one!

My cat used to hide all the time as a kitten. I remember looking for her one afternoon, starting to panic because I couldn''t find her. Suddenly I heard meowing from the closet. Well, there are a set of drawers built into the closet that must have a gap behind them. Even with all the drawers shut, she managed to climb into the top one and fall asleep. She can figure out how to get out now, but the first couple of times she had to ask for help. Nothing funnier than opening up a drawer and being surprised with a fluffy kitten crying in your face.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
When we got our new Manx (Bunny), she would LOVE to hide in our closets behind anything she could, or under the couches. Other places might be on a chair that is pushed under a table (because that''s the last place EVERYONE looks!), in her cat bed/carrier, or any other small creviced places where a kitten would fit but not a human...our other cat, Sasha, would hide in our underwear and sock drawers...we''d only know she was in there because Smokey would pace back and forth on the dresser until we opened up the drawer!!! My cat''s cousin lived in the drawer for almost 2 days!!! She never meowed or anything and one day they opened up the drawer and the cat popped out!

Can I suggest something once you find her??? Keep her confined to a specific area for a while. She''s probably overwhelmed by the amount of space and immediately went to hide because of that. Keeping her confined (with food, water, toys and a litterbox of course!) to a small room will give you peace of mind that you know where she is and for her, it lets her know she''s safe...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 11:53:59 AM
Author: AChiOAlumna

Can I suggest something once you find her??? Keep her confined to a specific area for a while. She''s probably overwhelmed by the amount of space and immediately went to hide because of that. Keeping her confined (with food, water, toys and a litterbox of course!) to a small room will give you peace of mind that you know where she is and for her, it lets her know she''s safe...
That''s a good idea Achio, also it will allow her to get to know you both and " orient" herself if she isn''t the confident sort of kitten who knows where she is immediately, plus a smaller territory will be less overwhelming for her. Then she can explore the rest of her house when she is ready.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree with confining her (once you find her that is!). When we first got our kitties, the male made a beeline for all of our out of the way nooks and crannies and proceeded to "mark" his territory in some of them. Ugh!! We kept them confined to the garage with their litter box, food and soft beds, carefully watching them when we let them into the house until he finally got the message where the appropriate place for that sort of thing was. I hope she comes out soon. I walked around the house shaking the bag of cat food once and he came out of his hiding place. Once I got their collars on them I could tell where they were by the tinkling of the tags if they were moving.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 12:17:50 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Once I got their collars on them I could tell where they were by the tinkling of the tags if they were moving.

Pearcrazy...we did this with our Manx, but the problem was our other cat (who loves to pounce on the Manx!) could hear her coming a mile away!!! The poor thing didn''t have a chance!!!! Once we were comfortable with letting her roam free throughout the house, the bell came off the collar, giving her some added protection from the "pouncer," Smokey!!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results