shape
carat
color
clarity

New bedding

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If you were going to get a new duvet cover, where would you shop? I'm in the market for new bedding and have no idea where to begin looking! I think I'm doing grey, yellow, and teal/turquoise in my room. Maybe a few pops of pink and cream/off white.

Anyways - where do you like to find your bedding?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
l just bought some new bedding for our new bed (yay!). l went to TK Maxx, where l got some pretty good quality stuff for not too much money. lt makes me feel like l can indulge in nicer stuff without feeling guilty about the cost. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy my bedding at Bloomingdales.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought new bedding! I got mine from C&B.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would look at West Elm, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters or CB2. They have some of my favorite bedding.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered a duvet cover a couple of days ago from West Elm. I was looking for a grey duvet and they had a nice selection of duvets in grey (both patterns and solids). I think West Elm has free shipping on their bedding right now. So far I've been really happy with West Elm, I just ordered more curtains this morning.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring said:

We were just looking at bedding there. What did you get? We're thinking about the Marimekko Tamara or the Madison (in either taupe, green, or persimmon). It's not online anymore but the store we went to also has a persimmon coverlet that I really like. It's thin, which I'm not crazy about, but I love the color.

Our last comforter came from the Burlington Coat Factory. We loved it but now we're looking for something with more color to it.

ETA: A friend of mine always gets her duvet covers from Cuddledown. She changes the covers all the time. She likes variety!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...definitely some good suggestions! I'm in a weird place, because I'm looking for something pretty and happy, feminine, but not really modern. I actually love one from Urban Outfitters, but have been told that an overabundance of ruffles makes people think of their grandmothers (also, it had bad reviews). I'm working on making my bed/bedroom a happy place just for me - kind of a sanctuary. (MOM - Don't read this part!) But I still want it to be inviting to the opposite sex.... :naughty:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Jc penney has some bedspreads with ruffles. If you just want a touch of ruffles, consider a ruffled bedskirt and then something plainer for the comforter. Check out target as well. Anthropologie might have something you like if the sticker price doesn't shock you.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I got my bedding from Restoration Hardware. They have such beautiful colors and it's so comfy :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hera, the price definitely intimidates me a little bit, but I'm going to let myself splurge on this. I've got an unexpected few hundred bucks coming my way that I'm throwing at my bedroom to make it my own little haven. I want the kind of bed that I love getting in every night.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My duvet cover is from Restoration Hardware and has been fabulous in the 3 or so years that I've had it!

I have bedding from bloomingdales and target... my favorite ones are the target ones.. (800 thread count)... I honestly am not that picky as long as it doesn't feel like a burlap sack...

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Horchow has a large selection of bedding. If you see something you like, I would suggest you sign up for their emails. They have specials very often, such as 30% off or free shipping. Good luck!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
For the basics, I like Sferra or Yves Delorme, but for the decorative items, I like custom. That way i get exactly what I want and in some cases is cheaper than going to a department store or specialty store.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I have had luck with Pottery Barn. Shop their sales and you can get a great deal.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring said:
Zoe, I got the Madison Persimmon http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.as ... 24&f=37833

P, Kohl's also has nice bedding. Vera Wang does a line there and they are very girlie.

That color, orange-rust (that's how I think of it), is my new favorite, so I'm leaning towards that one too. J. didn't mind the flowers? D. can't get past them. :rolleyes:

Princesss -- any luck with your search?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, he could care less. West elm also has an orange duvet that is geometric. I am painting the room a dark gray.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
Tacori E-ring said:

We were just looking at bedding there. What did you get? We're thinking about the Marimekko Tamara or the Madison (in either taupe, green, or persimmon). It's not online anymore but the store we went to also has a persimmon coverlet that I really like. It's thin, which I'm not crazy about, but I love the color.

Our last comforter came from the Burlington Coat Factory. We loved it but now we're looking for something with more color to it.

ETA: A friend of mine always gets her duvet covers from Cuddledown. She changes the covers all the time. She likes variety!

Zoe, we have the Marimekko Tamara in taupe and we LOVE it. I really like that the duvet cover is reversible, so you can go for either a lighter or darker look (though the pillow shams are only in the darker version). Definitely recommended!

Princesss, I don't know if you're in the mood for new sheets, too, but I got some Martha Stewart sheets at Macy's during one of their big sales and they are amazing. I think this links to the right ones: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/i ... oryID=9916.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck! I had a heck of a time with this. A few years, I had just moved into my house as a bachelor. I wanted a unique bedroom with some faux painting but I couldn't pick the paint colors until I had some sort of bed covering since that is the largest thing in the room. I searched all of the known stores that sold bedding but I didn't like any of it. I shopped for weeks. Finally, I found a reversible duvet set I just loved in a furniture store. I asked about it and was told it was not for sale; only the furniture was for sale. All their "sample bedroom" bedding was custom selected by their designer. I spoke with the designer and she gave me some info on that set but I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. All I could get was the fabric for it... and I even considered it at one point. After a lot of trying, the store finally gave in and sold it to me. It was expensive but I absolutely love it and it fits the room perfectly.

My set has been discontinued:
http://www.homeportfolio.com/catalog/Product.jhtml?prodId=28710

This is really nice stuff. Lots of great styles. There may be easier ways to get it now (there is a store locator) but you can browse designs by theme/category here:
http://www.easternaccents.com/Bedding.asp

Treefrog

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Princess, I looove that duvet!! I'm not a super girly girl, so I wouldn't get it in, say, pink. But I would totally get it in grey! I really like texture and those ruffles are so much fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results