shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on future project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about selling my Bev K set and instead going for a 2.5-3.0 cwt 5 stone ring. I would be looking at H-I, SI stones, H&A. Any idea of how much this project might cost? I'm thinking a simple setting with baskets and shared prongs, not exposed girdles. I'm just wondering if it's worth it or not. I basically never wear my ER/WB at all. I'm hoping for a ballpark figure so I know whether it is even feasible or not. I have no idea what I could get for my set, but it would be helpful to know what I realistically need to make the 5 stone project work. Opinions?

ETA: material would be 18kt white/yellow gold

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone? General ballpark figure? I honestly have no clue and maybe I''m being unrealistic about this. $10K? more?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well you could be looking at about $1400 ish for about .55 ct each x 5 = $7000 just for the stones, maybe another $1500 for the setting in gold, but could be more if you want plat? just my consumer guestimate
9.gif
but could be $8500-$9000ish Total.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
You could definitely have one made with those specs for under $10k. Before we got my 3 stone, I was considering a 5 stone with .35''s. BGD''s quote for the setting in 18kt yg w/ platinum prongs was somewhere between $1,500 and $2,000. Then judging by what''s listed in their current inventory, it looks like you could get the stones for under $1,500 each. Taking the high estimates, you''d still be at $9,500.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Ditto D&T and Lucy... definitely doable for under 10k.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I was thinking it must be possible. I just need to look into selling my current set, which could take months I''m sure. I hope also that this would be the right choice for me. Gah! I don''t suppose there are upgrade clauses for 5 stone rings?
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2010 2:46:57 PM
Author: lyra
Thanks. I was thinking it must be possible. I just need to look into selling my current set, which could take months I''m sure. I hope also that this would be the right choice for me. Gah! I don''t suppose there are upgrade clauses for 5 stone rings?
2.gif
But of course there is... if you bought all of them with certs
9.gif
31.gif
27.gif
like from Brian Gavin or from WF... hmmm you could start smaller then upgrade to a larger five stone.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2010 2:51:17 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 1/8/2010 2:46:57 PM
Author: lyra
2.gif
But of course there is... if you bought all of them with certs
9.gif
31.gif
27.gif
like from Brian Gavin or from WF... hmmm you could start smaller then upgrade to a larger five stone.
I was going to to with BGD for this project. OMG...upgrades....
11.gif
I guess I need to find a consigner for my set soon.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is going to be so blingy! I can''t wait to see it when you get it!
30.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Maisie. I think it''ll take many months to sell my current set though. I just don''t seem to be the solitaire type. I just want something blingy that I''ll wear daily.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd just get a qoute for the project from Lesley. I just got a qoute for a ring... and I don't even have the center yet! It's going to be custom cut for me (colored stone), and I still need to save up some dough to get it set. But needed to know what I was looking at in terms of expense. Lesley's very flexible and prompt, and my favorite thing--- not pushy at all. If you get a qoute you don't get badgered. You get the qoute, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results