shape
carat
color
clarity

My wife Linda has passed on...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry...My sympathy and prayers to you and your family.

Thank you for the wise advice. I need to meditate and act on exactly the things you''ve said.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Well, the memorial service was awesome. I was blown away by the number of people (and who) attended. People I haven't seen for over a decade were there, many having traveled from far.

This thread has touched my heart. Almost three thousand views, and over 150 heartfelt messages of condolence.

Unbelievable...

Thank you all so much for your communications. And the flowers, my God the flowers were amazing! Thank you so much. They're still coming in, and I want all of you that had floral screwups to not sweat about it. Each basket came in exactly when it was meant to, and had the same impact whether it was on time for the service or not.

I spoke at the service, and conveyed the same message to them that I conveyed earlier to you guys. By the number of people who came up to me afterwards, I could tell the message had landed right where they live.

And speaking of living, I'd like to ask a favor of all of you. I'd like each of you to live a little extra, with a little extra gusto, in Linda's honor. Do something extra, and say "This is for you Linda".

She'll know it, and smile...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Rich. I know we were all thinking of you and hoping that the service was as special as it should have been. Well...of course it was!

Love,
Deborah

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your poised and heartfelt words are an inspiration to us all rich. i''m glad the service went well.
may you find continued strength and encouragement in the days to come.
emrose.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 12:59:11 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood

And speaking of living, I''d like to ask a favor of all of you. I''d like each of you to live a little extra, with a little extra gusto, in Linda''s honor. Do something extra, and say ''This is for you Linda''.

Rich,
Will do - with honor and pleasure. Thank you.
Thinking of you, my friend.

Lynn

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Richard,

In the Jewish tradition, the period after the partner dies is when family may sit "shiva" together. It has seemed we''ve been sitting shiva with you. Drawing from the linked text, it would seem you know all too well about the basic nature of that practice:

"Shiva, as understood throughout centuries of Jewish life, has always been a communal activity. It is the time for family, friends and community to gather together to mourn, console the bereaved, and to remember the life of the deceased."

I thank you especially for your words, and reminders, which I''ve recalled already, and hope still to take more clearly to heart.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear this. Sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I''m very sorry to hear of your news you and your loved ones are in our prayers!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing this with us Richard.
And thanks for the "living life with extra gusto tip" Will Do!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
will do Rich,
May God bless and comfort you and your family.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard,
You have imparted so much wisdom at a time where you are going through so much. You amaze me. I have taken your advice to heart.
Lisa

BlingBlingMommy

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience and advice with all of us, I''m sure it has helped more than me. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 12:59:11 PM

And speaking of living, I''d like to ask a favor of all of you. I''d like each of you to live a little extra, with a little extra gusto, in Linda''s honor. Do something extra, and say ''This is for you Linda''.

She''ll know it, and smile...
It would be an honour to do that for her.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2005 11:13:24 AM

Two, accept your mate for who they are, and where they're at emotionally. Most of us in this life are emotionally handicapped in one area or another because of a lifetime of emotional wounds, many inflicted (and buried) at childhood. The person who suffers from this is often unaware of what controls their actions. Don't take things personally when they spew emotional poison on you which is actually a buildup from wounds of long ago. Let them spew, and grow. Love them unconditionally so they can be secure in your commitment to them, even in their weakness.
This thread, particularly this post was so worth another read, and has touched me more than you'll ever know. Right to the heart of things for me...thank you, Richard. I'm so glad that the memorial was beautiful, I could imagine it no other way. You are certainly a man of wisdom and inspiration. I wish you continued peace and comfort. May Linda's light always shine bright for you.
12.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Richard, I am so sorry about your wife. I don''t really *know* you, but from reading your posts and replies to people, I feel I do a little bit. You and your family are in my prayers.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m just reading this now and I''m so very sorry.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The kids and their boyfriends/girlfriends were all over tonight and put on a "barbeque & marguerita" night. We all got stuffed and blasted.

As I was sitting there looking at all of them laughing and talking, I was so proud. Linda left me a legacy beyond all riches.

The circle of life, and all that. I could hear her laughing along with us.

Rich, blasted...

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Richard, I am in awe with the grace and wisdom with which you are dealing with this most terrible loss. I hope you continue to find joy and beauty not only in the memories of days past but in the present moments.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rich,
Linda gave you wonderful children and they sound like a lot of fun. I know she was right there with you all tonight. The circle of life is indeed amazing and awe inspiring. Thank you for sharing everything that you have. You have such a grace about you. Sleep well.
12.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Richard - I just wanted to let you know how deeply your story has touched me. Please know that your in my thoughts even though we are complete strangers. I know that you are dealing with a lot both with your work, family and the longing in your heart. My dad has also recently been diagnosed with an aggressive type of cancer and I admire your courage - your story has given me new hope to continue the long difficult road ahead.
Your wife sounded like an amazing women. Thank you for sharing her passion for life with all of us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please take care...

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
You are amazing! You have given so much at a time when people should be giving to you. Your words are priceless. Thank you
1.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I think you two were lucky to have loved each other...

My next margarita gets a toast to Linda.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Rich, I second that...

I will enjoy a margarita or two this weekend with my husband, and we will toast to Linda.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I will remember you all in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the wonderful insights you have shared. Your outlook is inspirational.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard, I will be enjoying one of my fave drinks tonite with some friends at our fave mexi place, guava margaritas...I will definitely toast one or three to Linda!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellll, I didn''t wait for evening. Had 2 electric ice teas and a shot of tequila at lunch in honor of you both. I''m numb from the neck up. Haven''t posted before because words failed me. You are a class act Rich. I wish you hope, health, love for the rest of your days.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss.

After experiencing the loss of too many loved ones, the only advice I can offer is to feel whatever your feeling when you feel it. You don''t have to be sad when people expect you to be. You are allowed to laugh and be genuinly happy and even forget about the loss for a while. It is all right to be depressed and to not want to leave the house. It is also alright to go out and enjoy yourself.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''d like each of you to live a little extra, with a little extra gusto, in Linda''s honor. Do something extra, and say "This is for you Linda".
Ah yes, Richard. If you''re keeping tabs
2.gif
, I''ve been thinking about how to incorporate this into my life. I have a nephew who''s going through a hard time right now and my DH and I are discussing ways to make life easier for him. I thought of Linda and her light, laughter, and compassion, and vow to approach my nephew''s problems with the same spirit. So, hopefully, as my nephew grows into a fully-realized adult, he will be taking some of Linda''s spirit with him wherever he goes.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You guys are making me cry...

I''m getting all kinds of PM''s from people who are in the same situation as Linda and I were.

Stick it out, people. Forgiveness is the key. It closes the gap.

You''re never going to find the "perfect" person. They don''t exist. The perfect person is the one whom you are able to forgive, and they forgive you. Then you have perfection.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 8:00:37 PM

You''re never going to find the ''perfect'' person. They don''t exist. The perfect person is the one whom you are able to forgive, and they forgive you. Then you have perfection.
Amen
Wise words.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results