carat
color
clarity

My New KitchenAid Stand Mixer

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1398226586|3658350 said:
I bought my Wifey the classic plus a while back then bought a cover to make it the right color on the counter.
Total investment $85
Money well spent :}
I have my eye out for one of the larger ones but they are too much even used.
The thing is I could put it on CL tomorrow and have multiple calls from buyers with in minutes and get my money back in full.
They sell here within 20 min of being posted at that price or even slightly higher.

That's interesting Karl - never thought about resale. I know they can be purchased refurbished too - and that's probably a good deal!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1398106199|3657252 said:
kenny|1397928341|3656149 said:
MissGotRocks|1397903410|3655966 said:
Would love to hear about other uses for this mixer other than the ones I've mentioned. I love appliances that work for me!!

I'm considering getting a meat-grinder attachment.
My SO likes hamburgers but I think of manufactured ground beef as mystery meat containing glob knows what ... cow buttholes, lips … whatever they swept up from the factory floor. :knockout:

Ground beef also carries a higher risk of being contaminated with something deadly like E. coli bacteria than a single cut of meat you'd grind yourself.
Sometimes hear of massive recalls of tons of ground beef that was shipped to, say, 24 states.
Each batch must contain meat from a zillion cows.
A single diseased cow contaminates the whole batch.

On the other hand a single cut of meat comes from one animal.
If a batch of ground beef is made from 10,000 animals your odds of getting a bad package is 10,000 times greater than if you ground your own.
Sure it's possible the single cut came from a sick animal, but the odds are much lower.

Don't want to threadjack but for Kenny and those considering this, an alternative would be to build a good relationship with a trusted butcher. You can choose your cut of meat and get them to grind it right in front of you, and most wont charge you for it, especially if you are a regular. If you could find a butcher with locally sourced meat, even better. This is how my aunt buys her ground beef, and for no other reason but because it tastes better.

And it tastes MUCH better.

Love this! I pick exactly the pieces I want and then have my favorite butcher grind them for me. She is even able to do breast/thigh combos or beef/buffalo or turkey/beef or anything else I might want. She weighs each piece I select and just charges the price of what I picked. No charge for grinding. Her equipment is beautifully clean.

Oh! And I don't have to get the meat cool enough or do the cleanup :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! Fantastic! I use mine a lot, it is so convenient; I have owned mine for 14 years now! :o :bigsmile: I love the new colors they have for Kitchenaids too!
Enjoy baking and mixing!!! :appl:

Ellen it is great to see you posting! :wavey:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*pokes head in*

Hey you, good to see you my friend! :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1398382999|3659446 said:
*pokes head in*

Hey you, good to see you my friend! :wavey:

**mauh** :kiss: :love: :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning kitchen candy. I love my black one--but yours is really gorgeous! All that, and it mixes too! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1398551752|3660849 said:
HI:

Stunning kitchen candy. I love my black one--but yours is really gorgeous! All that, and it mixes too! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

I know - such a deal! Thanks!

Muchatet

Rough_Rock
I love mine which is KitchenAid KSM75WH 4.5

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Muchatet|1417680486|3795021 said:
I love mine which is KitchenAid KSM75WH 4.5
Welcome to PS.
That is the same one I got my wifey she really likes it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still loving mine - Christmas cookies have been a breeze to mix up this year! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought a green one for the daughter and son is getting stainless steel for Christmas!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
My husband is the cook in the family, I'm thinking about one of these for Christmas for him this year.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Qvc has these on special right now!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, nice. Perfect for holiday baking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results