shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is gone! Flip Flops for Flat Feet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Well it is a sad day. After looking at my diamond everyday in different light sources

(which by the way, thank you strmdr. I went into the bathroom with no windows, turned out all the lights and lit 6 candles, the diamond was magnificent. You should have seen him in the mirror too! wow, but then open the door and let in some diffused lighting and the fire is cut out by 1/2. I suspect candle light with a glint of the setting sun will be truly magnificent though.)

I finally got my shank in from knox jewelers today and have sent it to JA for setting! hooray. My diamond is gone!
2.gif

But now that I have your attention.

I have decided not to get myself noise canceling headphones since I can''t get the ath-anc7 for 100 bucks before I leave. So I have decided I should buy some REALLY comfortable flip flops or sandals for myself.

I have flat feet and a problem with my heels, so it hurts like crazy after a while of standing and activity, though I usually just ignore it (after all, I am a man, what other option is there?). Any suggestions on the perfect sandals/flip flops for me?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for your diamond being set! The title made me a little nervous! I have the same problem with my feet and heels, but I just ignore it, too. I have heard the Born (sp?) sandals are really comfortable. My mom loves them, but I also believe they are kind of expensive...

*M*

ETA: Maybe worth a look? Born website

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/DS00508/DSECTION=5

Here''s a link to what ails my poor feet. Arch supports, stretching, using a night splint are some of the things that help but I am going back to the foot doctor cos it is getting worse, so that''s my advice, see a doctor-- feet are too important to not take care of.

Congrats on getting the ring process going forward--and just look out for some special something for you--maybe it will be something other than those earphones--but don''t deny yourself a treat you deserve it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Teva''s they are very comfortable! I hope your ring comes back quick!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i can highly recommend earth brand flip flops. i have birkenstock, born, clarks and havianas. i just got two pairs of ladies, one vegan (rubber) and one leather, and i have to say that they are top notch for foot support and comfort. they offer the negative heel and arch support plus a slight rocking action as you move your foot from heel to toe (not sure i described that properly just how it feels to me).

zappos has a selection of the men''s on their site. i think you would like them. i think the black vegan for men, cabo (i believe), is 82 bucks. anyway check them out for yourself. i ran onto them in a store when i wasn''t looking to buy but found them too comfy to pass up. they are my new favorite flip flop.
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 9:13:49 PM
Author: luckystar112
haha. The randomness of the title of this thread cracks me up.
Me too! I''m still laughing and I first read this a while ago. You might win the prize for most random, funniest title!
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Agreed...award winning multipurpose post...PS will treat what ails you in one single post...

Actually I thought the diamond was lost and then found in the bottom of the flip flops. Or the flip flops were to blame for the loss of the stone...never did I think, well.

WHFSR...I just saw a segment from a Podiatrist and she said flip flops were only intended for use to and from the water...ocean, pool, shower. They should not be used for everyday use. They make us contort our toes...like a claw to hold on to the bottom...we get hammer toes then...yadda yadda yadda...she had more to say about every aspect of the flip flop. She said the majority of foot ailments are attributed to the use of ff.
8.gif
I had just renewed my stash in the colors I normally use....plus a great pair from White House!!! So spend some money all of your $100 and get yourself some killer support flippers.

DKS

Date: 7/9/2007 10:41:23 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Me too! I'm still laughing and I first read this a while ago. You might win the prize for most random, funniest title!
9.gif

Me too :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have alot more to research again!
1.gif
I just better remember to get the Gem Oro tonight and find an airline power converter somewhere as well. I found out a few of the coach class seats have power available so I got us those seats coming back to the states,check out seatguru.com before flying, though some of them seem to be somewhat outdated (she is coming back for 4 days on her annual week off
1.gif
I sure wouldn't spend 1300 dollars on 4 days of vacation and 3 traveling, but thats her call with her own money and her only actual vacation time for the year! so no complaints from me!)

Anyway off to research these flops, and to find out what is meant by...support flippers?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
My DH is going in for foot surgery on Wednesday. The podiatrist recommended getting sandals for after surgery. I have been trying to get my DH into sandals for years, and he would not cooperate. I''m not into sandals he says. yay for foot doc. I get him to the store and toss a pair of Teva''s at him. He tried them on. I cannot get them off of him except for work (he can''t wear them there). He says that they are the most comfortable thing he has ever worn, and why didn''t he listen to me years ago?
20.gif
Yeah, duh. This is from a man who needs the surgery for his Morton''s neuroma in the middle of the ball of his foot.

I would say Teva''s get high marks.

shay

Date: 7/9/2007 11:25:53 PM
Author: Shay37
My DH is going in for foot surgery on Wednesday. The podiatrist recommended getting sandals for after surgery. I have been trying to get my DH into sandals for years, and he would not cooperate. I'm not into sandals he says. yay for foot doc. I get him to the store and toss a pair of Teva's at him. He tried them on. I cannot get them off of him except for work (he can't wear them there). He says that they are the most comfortable thing he has ever worn, and why didn't he listen to me years ago?
20.gif
Yeah, duh. This is from a man who needs the surgery for his Morton's neuroma in the middle of the ball of his foot.

I would say Teva's get high marks.

shay

That does sound very promising. Unfortunately the Teva site is making this computer freeze. Going to have to do something about it...

And by the way, I am really having an itch to go unfold my now gone diamond and take a look. I can't wait to make my gf buy me some bling
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What I meant by the term "support" was get the good ones...like the brands others were recommending. Something with a designed arch support bed. Support as opposed to simple non support rubber. That is what this doctoer recommended...(I have $1.98 flippers on right now...shhhh don't tell her if you see her...)

DKS

Date: 7/9/2007 11:25:53 PM
My DH is going in for foot surgery on Wednesday. The podiatrist recommended getting sandals for after surgery. I have been trying to get my DH into sandals for years, and he would not cooperate. I''m not into sandals he says. yay for foot doc. I get him to the store and toss a pair of Teva''s at him. He tried them on. I cannot get them off of him except for work (he can''t wear them there). He says that they are the most comfortable thing he has ever worn, and why didn''t he listen to me years ago?
20.gif
Yeah, duh. This is from a man who needs the surgery for his Morton''s neuroma in the middle of the ball of his foot.

I would say Teva''s get high marks.

shay

What type of Teva was that?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check out Birkenstocks! I think they''re extremely comfortable and my feet are pretty flat, too. You can also get a comfort version that has squishy stuff on top of the cork footbed so they don''t have to be broken in at all.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 10:41:23 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Me too! I'm still laughing and I first read this a while ago. You might win the prize for most random, funniest title!
9.gif
LOL!

I'm not sure if these are good for flat feet but I have always loved Reef flip flops.

Sempago

These are rated really highly at this site at least and I found them on closeout sale elsewhere for 50 bucks +shipping. (but I wear 10.5 they only have size 10 in close out) Honestly I will pick something you guys recommend, because I really don't know where to start researching about high quality sandals...lol

Yea, i agree, this computer is hard to work with, I keep having to push ctrl and zoom in for some reason, won't stay in the right view. I thought they were open:razz:

I am really just waiting to hear back on what shay's husband's were though and research those, I feel kind of lost browsing all these selections....

much harder than getting information on diamonds...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hubby and I both wear tevas. REi and zappos.com sells them.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
one suggestion I have for you.With flat feet you should not buy flip flops at all.YOu need more support type of foot wear.Go to a reputable shoe store and get some help.I think TEVA makes some sandals with good support for your flat feet.Good luck and look after your feet they are to last you a lifetime..

Date: 7/10/2007 1:03:56 AM
Author: Skippy123

hmmmmm
29.gif
you guys, you have got to start giving models and names, there are alot of Tevas!
34.gif

(i am not really mad by the way
2.gif
)

Alright, I am still on the hunt but for tonight at least I have narrowed it down to three shoes.

Thanks for all the replies so far, and I am sorry for those whose advice I haven't taken. Two things I didn't mention is that in addition to heel trouble and flat feet I have pretty wide feet, enjoying the comfort of Extra wide sneakers

I also have noticed in the past that my feet frequently feel cracked and rough after long periods of wearing sandals..but I also usually wear them on plane rides where it is freezing and they have no padding to speak of at all. (20$ pairs from local shoe stores and such)

but now it is time to reveal tonights candidates, please respond when you have a chance:

NUMBER 1: Birkenstock Arizona soft footbed, a sleek classy sandal going for ONLY 111 dollars

Number 2: Late in the mentioning here on PS recommendations the Brikenstocks are coming strong with a second option, Brikenstock Medina, beautiful balance between flip flop and sandal the supposedly well supported Medina sales for pennies at $113.94

Number 3: Last but coming backed with a full list of scientific titles to the side and High PS recommendations it unfortunately has significantly fewer reviews and a lesser percentage of said reviewers rating it as "excellent" arch support, the classic sandal Teva Picton goes for a hefty $93.95 (though in this case that percentage is meaningless as there are too few to come to any real conclusions based on percentages)

sorry its late, anyway, let me know what you think, but if you don't have time I suppose I will eventually make a decision myself!:) And again, let me know what those Teva models were mentioned above! I am very interested.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
linky Here is the link to the proper one for you, dear. I hope this helps you a lot. I had to look to find you a link that would help you.

shay

ETA: btw, my DH is a 12 double E. The straight 12 fits him just fine.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 1:06:46 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards

Date: 7/10/2007 1:03:56 AM
Author: Skippy123

hmmmmm
29.gif
you guys, you have got to start giving models and names, there are alot of Tevas!
34.gif

(i am not really mad by the way
2.gif
)
WHFSR, sorry. I wrote that at 1am so I just now saw this. I have owned a few pairs of Tevas and they are so comfortable, honest. Hope you find some you like!

Date: 7/10/2007 11:05:42 AM
linky Here is the link to the proper one for you, dear. I hope this helps you a lot. I had to look to find you a link that would help you.

shay

ETA: btw, my DH is a 12 double E. The straight 12 fits him just fine.

Well thank you for the link! I believe I will take your advice and purchase them, especially as his EE fit comfortably, then my either E or EE size should be fine. I will measure and call them though before I make the purchase (in a few minutes) but incase anyone reads this in time I am planning on the Rythem Brown.

Well, I made a purchase for the Tera fi2. I wear size 10 shoes and when I was measuring my feet with a regular tape measure I was coming up with my right foot being somewhere about 10 inches, I am not sure if it is a little more or less, and my left being about 10.25. So I went with the 10.5 for the extra width and hopefully I won''t have to send them back for the 10''s!

Thank you for all the help! keep advising on colors incase I have to send it back, and I will post my review of them up here for anybody in the future searching for good sandals.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you will be fine w/the 10.5; I usually get a 1/2 size bigger w/Tevas. Yah, soon to be fellow Teva wearer.
35.gif
hehehe

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Glad I could be of help. You''re going to love them.

shay

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love Columbia sandals. They are so comfortable and yet so stable I can run in them. But for some reason they don't make the toe loop kind for men. There are still plenty of options though:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722037434/show_all/1/page/1/bar/1.html

I'd try the Nassau or the Tango Thong . . . both have received 5 stars for comfort from all reviewers.

Or you can search for men's comfort sandals:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722000659/show_all/1/page/1.html

Here's a unique style with artificial grass! http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/12150710/c/14.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results