color
clarity

My 14yr old cat has passed

lydia

Rough_Rock
So sorry for your loss......HUGS

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for your loss, Holly. I lost a pet earlier this year and it was absolutely devistating. There are a lot of animal lovers here that are feeling for you--I am getting teary just thinking about how you must be feeling. Animals become such close members of our families that losing on is as painful as losing a human family member. Over six months later I am still grieving for Tuffy--it was a week before I could get through a day of work without crying.

DF wanted to get another dog weeks after we lost Tuffy, but I wasn't ready for it. It was such a painful experience for me that I almost felt like the joy of having a pet wasn't worth the pain of losing one... of course, after a while I couldn't stand how empty the house felt without a pet and about two months ago we got an 18 month old German Shepherd from a local rescue organization. He is such a love, and (IMO) life is so much more fulfilling with animals.

The people around me--here and in "real life"--were so comforting and supportive, but the only thing that truly helped ease the rawness of my grief was time. That makes me hurt for you. I am so sad that you are going through this--big {{{HUGS}}} and lots of good thoughts for you.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for sending hugs and words of comfort. It has helped to talk about it with you.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, Holly.

Every time I lose a pet I feel such a huge sense of loss that it ultimately makes me feel guilty--I've only lost a few people in my life over whom I've grieved as much as my pets. That's not to say that I don't grieve the loss of people, but I'm rarely as close to people as I am to my animals. They are more than family, they are best friends, and companions, and confidants, and partners in all the little daily routines that punctuate our lives.

May her memory be a blessing. Hugs to you, Holly.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, I'm so sorry. I hope you can take comfort in the knowledge that you have given her as much love as she gave you.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Holly, I'm very sorry about your kitty. I, too, lost one about 2 months ago, so I know that pain all too well. A friend once told me, the price of love is the hole they leave in your heart when they are gone. I hope that before too long, when you think of your sweet girl, you will smile.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss, Holly.
Hugs to you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Holly, I can't tell you how much I feel for you right now. I can relate all too well - my beloved sheltie dog of 11.5 years has been diagnosed with liver disease with not much we can do for him other than to love him and make him comfortable.

I'm dreading what I know will come, and knowing the heartache I will feel certainly makes me wish I could take that burden from you. I wish I could reach through the monitor and hug you until you feel better.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious kitty Holly. ((((hugs))))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss, Holly. There is no other pain that feels quite the same as the passing of a pet. ;( I am glad she spent a wonderful life with parents who were obviously very devoted to her. I hope your good memories bring comfort, and I wish you much happiness with whichever furry soul alights in your future.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's so hard, Holly, & you & DH will have her love forever. Good friends don't die; they just move into your heart. Wonderful for her that you were with her till the end & sent her off with a little suitcase full of all the happiness you gave her, and she you. No matter how many times we go through this, it gets no easier. My sweet sweet Meat Loaf will be going soon & I'm concentrating now on filling him up with hugs & comfort; dread the time coming -- and I am still hurting badly over the death of my beloved Buck in May.

I used to feel disloyal to love another animal very soon after losing one. One day I felt my cat who was one of my life's best friends tell me: I taught you about undemanding love & ours is indestructable. The best memorial you can give me is to offer what we learned together to another who needs it. Love is the only thing that grows bigger by being given away.

Dust & hugs to you both.

--- Laurie

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for your loss. Animals are certainly family and the loss of them is never easy. Big hugs.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, Holly. It hurts so much. Those 14 years of love will always be in your hearts.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you lost your dear cat. Losing them is always hard.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Holly I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy. Hugs to you and hubby xo

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1347334015|3265751 said:
Holly, I can't tell you how much I feel for you right now. I can relate all too well - my beloved sheltie dog of 11.5 years has been diagnosed with liver disease with not much we can do for him other than to love him and make him comfortable.

I'm dreading what I know will come, and knowing the heartache I will feel certainly makes me wish I could take that burden from you. I wish I could reach through the monitor and hug you until you feel better.

Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. I know that you are already missing the doggie he once was, even as you love him in his present circumstances. I feel like I've already done half my mourning, after spending each day for three months preparing and helping Emma be as content and comfortable as possible.

But, as with people we dearly love, knowing there is a limited amount of time left, we are much more inclined to relish each moment and give love more unselfishly and lavishly. It is a blessing, even while being difficult.

Sending you hugs right back.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, to each dear friend who posted here.

We are lonely, missing our baby, but we are better than we were . . . when we were waiting for "the other shoe to drop". It's done and we can breathe easier, knowing there is nothing more we can do and nothing we left undone.

I think we will be looking sooner, rather than later, for another kitty who needs loving. Having loved 4 cats in my 50+ years, I know that you never forget the ones who are gone. A new pet isn't a replacement, it is a new member of the family; different and unique.

I have a feeling. I don't know why, but it seems like there is a kitty, right now, waiting just for us.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
HollyS|1347375250|3265967 said:
Thank you, to each dear friend who posted here.

We are lonely, missing our baby, but we are better than we were . . . when we were waiting for "the other shoe to drop". It's done and we can breathe easier, knowing there is nothing more we can do and nothing we left undone.

I think we will be looking sooner, rather than later, for another kitty who needs loving. Having loved 4 cats in my 50+ years, I know that you never forget the ones who are gone. A new pet isn't a replacement, it is a new member of the family; different and unique.

I have a feeling. I don't know why, but it seems like there is a kitty, right now, waiting just for us.

No doubt there is, Holly, that kitty will find you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
go with your gut feeling, Holly.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs to you Holly, I know it is terribly difficult to lose a pet. I hope you find that kitty that is waiting for you very soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Holly. We do love our pets here on PS and I do feel your pain.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Holly-I am SO sorry to hear of your loss! BIG Hugs!!!

It is terribly difficult to lose a beloved fur baby!!! We lost one of ours almost 2 months ago and it is still very raw.

Give yourself permission to grieve and you will know when the time is right to provide a new kitty a great and loving home!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Holly, Im so sorry ;( Im thinking of you and your husband...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, I'm so sorry for your loss :(sad There's never the right thing to say.

Your new kitty *will* find you, whenever you and DH are ready for him/her. I just know it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Holly. :((

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Holly - hugs to you! ;( I'm so sorry for your loss!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. :(( Losing a pet is so hard. HUGS.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit, I didn't want to read this thread initially for fear I was going to cry. I finally plucked up the courage to read it and I CRIED!!

HUUUUGE HUGS to you and DH.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I knew I would cry if I opened this thread! ;(

Pets are such a huge part of our families, it's heart wrenching when we lose them. I find just remembering their silly antics and quirky personalities lessens the pain, and helps me think about the joy they've given me instead of focussing on the bad times when they were not well... I'm absolutely certain your little one knew she was loved.

Sorry for your loss, Holly. ((((((HUGS))))))

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about the loss of your cat. I have cats and I understand how very much part of the family they become. My thoughts are with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results