shape
carat
color
clarity

mrssalvo''s chicago trip and long awaited new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, since a few of you have asked I thought I''d post a few pics of my new/old setting and some of the other fun bling we tried on in Chicago. I arrived on friday and did some shopping right away. I had to hit the Barney''s b/c I was so excited to see those b-bags, darn you mara
2.gif
. Anyway, we shopped for a few hours then went to a great steak place for dinner.

Here''s where we ate:

smithsteakyum.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
from the front of the restaurant:

chicagonighttime.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
feeling Wicked??

wickedchicago.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister and I met up with Dee Jay sat. am and after grabbing coffee were off to the races. We went in cartier, Van cleef and arpel, and Lester Lampert. The were very friendly and let us try on a bunch of stuff. Lester Lamperts has the cutest charm bracelet that looks like tiny safetly pins with pave diamonds on the clips. then they sell all the little baby shoes and other charms.

lestercharmbracelet..jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a baby shoe..

lesterlampartbabyshoe.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and for all of us doggie lovers here''s a little bone charm..

lesterlampartdoggiebone.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we also went into Graff which was beautiful and very museum like. We detoured for a quick stop into Barney''s so Dee Jay could see and feel the awesome bags too. Then we caught a cab and went over to the jewelry district. We went to a store that carries Jack Kelege and we saw some beautiful settings. Here''s one with half moon sides that was very pretty.

I apologize for the chipped nails
40.gif

jackchicago.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sideview:

jackchicagosideview.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also had the pleasure of trying on Dee Jay''s fabulous rings:

Here''s her e-ring on my hand.

deejay3stone1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another with her eternity band..

deejay3stone2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angie harmon anyone??

deejay3stone3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
eternity band solo:

deejayeternityband.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you guys bored yet?

he''s one more of downtown..

dtchicago.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:08:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo
another with her eternity band..
her diamond is like your knuckle - those rings, dare I say it? look TOO BIG on you! and I don''t just mean ring size!!! Now on ME they''d look great :D

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:09:09 PM
Angie harmon anyone??
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

at the risk of breaking your flow & further delaying WHAT WE ALL WANNA SEE
11.gif

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Wow
You poor thing! Was the ambulance able to re-set your shoulder after it was tragically dislocated by DeeJay''s BLING-NANZA??????
33.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:12:08 PM
are you guys bored yet?
I doubt it ;-)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so now what you all are really waiting for. We went into a bunch of little jewelry stores in the chicago diamond district. There were some pretty things but a lot of junky looking things so you really have to know what you''re looking for. Anyway, I had tried on so many settings and still wasn''t 100% set on anything. We finally went into a store and I was just looking though cases and checked out a case with consignment/estate peices. when I saw it in the case i had to try it on. The setting has a 1.4 center in it and the guy said he couldn''t sell it without the stone. Well, he was able to get a hold of the owner and they agreed, so they took the stone out and I walked out with a new setting. honestly the pics do not do it justice but I just adore it. I had it checked out today and it was made in the 1920''s and is platinum.

mrssalvoantiquering1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrsssideview2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssside3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssideview4.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one for now...

mrsssideview5.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that setting is to die for. Absolutely gorgeous!!! You must be thrilled!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are terrific pictures Mrssalvo! I''m so glad that you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!! Your new ring is just exquisite and it looks right at home on your lovely hand. You must be SO thrilled! Did your hubby like it as well? Don''t forget to post photos of your new bag when it comes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks K-

you know, I''ve been looking for sooooooooooooooooooo long that it''s a little scary. But I do really love it. It really was just so me and it also reminds me so much of my grandmother''s ring that my parents sold a few years ago.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Ditto (ETA: Kaleigh's statement)!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I want more pics!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:32:21 PM
thanks K-

you know, I''ve been looking for sooooooooooooooooooo long that it''s a little scary. But I do really love it. It really was just so me and it also reminds me so much of my grandmother''s ring that my parents sold a few years ago.
I''m confused - I love the ring!! but what size stone are you putting in it? Will it fit in the 1.5 hole???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:31:33 PM
Author: Sundial
Those are terrific pictures Mrssalvo! I''m so glad that you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!! Your new ring is just exquisite and it looks right at home on your lovely hand. You must be SO thrilled! Did your hubby like it as well? Don''t forget to post photos of your new bag when it comes.

thanks sundial. My hubby actually does like it. It was funny b/c he was with my bIL and dee jay''s hubby when we found it. I didn''t want to have to catch a cab back to that side of town after lunch with him so i just called and told him what I found and asked if I could get it. We all met up for lunch and I showed him. He doesn''t really care what I have as long as I''m happy but I really did want him to like it too. He really does but never got to see it with the stone. I think he''ll like it even more once my stone is set and it''s sized properly.

I will definitely post pics of the new bag and my completed ring
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:37:00 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 11/6/2006 5:32:21 PM

thanks K-

you know, I've been looking for sooooooooooooooooooo long that it's a little scary. But I do really love it. It really was just so me and it also reminds me so much of my grandmother's ring that my parents sold a few years ago.
I'm confused - I love the ring!! but what size stone are you putting in it? Will it fit in the 1.5 hole???

hehe, Cehra- my stone is only a 1.5 carat diamond.

I actually met with a bench guy today. the hole is 7mm and my stone is 7.5. I was worried it might not be possible in which case I'd buy an aquamarine b/c I'm not getting rid of the setting. But the bench guy said he can rework the prongs a bit and it will fit
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, mrssalvo, that setting is just divine!! It''s so gorgeous and looks amazing on your hand. Congratulations!!!

I also love the pictures of DeeJay''s set on your teeny fingers! Sounds like you had a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results