shape
carat
color
clarity

mrssalvo''s chicago trip and long awaited new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 4:59:19 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

LOL Firegoddess -- I JUST (as it NOT FIVE MINUTES AGO) talked to the jeweler and agreed to a new setting for my stone. I figured it was getting to easy to keep track of, so I better switch it up a little!
9.gif

WHAT
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
details woman....we need details....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 11/9/2006 4:20:28 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I think this is it....I can''t keep up with all the upgrades!!!
3.gif
30.gif

DeeJay''s ring

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-temporary-3-37-yes-i-did-it.47739/=

LOL Firegoddess -- I JUST (as it NOT FIVE MINUTES AGO) talked to the jeweler and agreed to a new setting for my stone. I figured it was getting too easy to keep track of, so I better switch it up a little!
9.gif
Someone needs to spill it!!! Just when I thought I had caught up...heehee
Details!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2006 5:19:48 PM

I think this is it....I can't keep up with all the upgrades!!!
3.gif
30.gif

DeeJay's ring

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-temporary-3-37-yes-i-did-it.47739/=

LOL Firegoddess -- I JUST (as it NOT FIVE MINUTES AGO) talked to the jeweler and agreed to a new setting for my stone. I figured it was getting too easy to keep track of, so I better switch it up a little!
9.gif

Details!!!

I have to bolt off to meet a client right now, but when I get home tonight I'll do a thread with some pics that I've accumulated.

OR... If Mrs. Salvo is so inclined she could give you all a sneak preview while I'll off trying to sell a piece of real estate to pay for this thing, LOL!

(But, Mrs. S., don't feel like to have to. I can post pics when I get home in a few hours.)

BTW, Mrs. S. deserves some sort of medal--she's been with me every step of the way on this thing!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

3.gif
30.gif

DeeJay''s ring

9.gif
Details!!!
Yeah, spill it already. I''m dying to hear all about it!!!
10.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2006 5:26:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh

3.gif
30.gif

DeeJay''s ring

9.gif

Details!!!
Yeah, spill it already. I''m dying to hear all about it!!!
10.gif

Gotta go right now (my client''s probably waiting outside as I even type this!) but I''ll be home later. I promise!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:

well, I heard back from the chicago jeweler today and they said they cannot size it any smaller than 4.5. they offered to do a sizing bar but the last time I was measured I was a 3 and a 3.5 was still a little loose. I just don''t want my e-ring to be that big or have a bar so they are keeping it and I''m getting a refund. There was another setting that I liked a lot that I posted earlier in this thread. A local jeweler carries the setting so I may go back and look at it again. that''s the latest....

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you had a great time in Chicago with DeeJay and your sister, MrsSalvo. I love love LOVE your new setting. I just love round diamonds set in antique settings like this. Gorgeous choice (and in your Bbag too!).

I love your nail polish!!!!!
21.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 6:22:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo
UPDATE:

well, I heard back from the chicago jeweler today and they said they cannot size it any smaller than 4.5. they offered to do a sizing bar but the last time I was measured I was a 3 and a 3.5 was still a little loose. I just don''t want my e-ring to be that big or have a bar so they are keeping it and I''m getting a refund.
Oh, I''m sorry to hear this, Mrssalvo....Rats!

I guess it just wasn''t meant to be...
39.gif

OH well...onward and upward!
widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 6:22:51 PM
UPDATE:

well, I heard back from the chicago jeweler today and they said they cannot size it any smaller than 4.5. they offered to do a sizing bar but the last time I was measured I was a 3 and a 3.5 was still a little loose. I just don''t want my e-ring to be that big or have a bar so they are keeping it and I''m getting a refund. There was another setting that I liked a lot that I posted earlier in this thread. A local jeweler carries the setting so I may go back and look at it again. that''s the latest....
I''m sorry and know you are bummed, but at least you''re not out any money. Just think what could have happened if you had a local guy do it and then have it messed up. It just wasn''t meant to be. I can''t wait to see the other setting you saw. When you go to the local jeweler take lots of pics for us!!! You''ll find the one!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks Lizz--i love that nail polish too. it''s so fun for the fall.

widget and kaleigh, thanks gals. I know the right setting is out there for me. If i don''t find something on monday I''m going to just set my stone in a temp setting so I can at least be wearing it. the other option is to just do the ritani solitaire. it doesn''t have all the bling I want but it''s affordable now. the other setting I like it a lot more $ so I''d have to wait a while longer if I do something like that. anyway, thanks again for all the support...

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am just catching up to this thread, but I am sorry to hear that the new setting can''t be resized.
Don''t worry, the perfect setting will come along.

OR, if you really really love this setting, why not customize one similar to it and just have it made to your size? This way, you can make any alterations you want and you know it will definitely fit you.

2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry MrsSalvo
7.gif
I hope you find something that works and is perfect for you on monday!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 11:05:40 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Hi, I am just catching up to this thread, but I am sorry to hear that the new setting can''t be resized.

Don''t worry, the perfect setting will come along.

OR, if you really really love this setting, why not customize one similar to it and just have it made to your size? This way, you can make any alterations you want and you know it will definitely fit you.

2.gif

thanks butterfly. ya know, I was just talking about all this with my hubby and he just loves solitaires. any settings i show him with sidestones he doesn''t like as much b/c he likes to see the center stone and he feels the sides make it blur a bit. anyway, he really did like the antique setting even though it had a lot of detail the center was still the focus so I may just start hunting for another antique that is closer to my size. I also remembered one of the setting mara and gypsy saw at Joe Escabar''s so something like that might be a really good option too.

here it is:

je%20visit%201006%20a.jpg

je%20visit%201006%20c.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that setting is beautiful, although for me personally, I don''t like the whole three sided pave look, even though I have a three sided set!!!! I love the top view, but I am not crazy about all the stuff going on in the side view, although of course if you gave me the setting for free, I would not mind at all.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you're saying butterfly. I honestly don't know that I want all that pave. too much maintainance for me but it is something I'll keep in my folder. I wasn't really worried about the pave on the antique setting b/c it's been there for almost 100 years. I may just keep hunting now that it seems that an original deco antique is what I really want. I found that one by chance so who knows what will turn up when I'm actually looking for it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MrsS, I''m sorry to hear they can''t resize the new setting. Darn! What a dissapointment but I guess it wasn''t meant to be. I hope you find your setting soon!

Although that setting is gorgeous, I agree about the pave. I''d drive myself nuts worrying about it. I''m already too worried about my shared prong eternity ring ever since the diamond fell out a long time ago. Thank goodness the diamond wasn''t lost and I was able to get it fixed!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you cannot size the ring, but have faith something amazing will show up!

Looks like you had a ton of fun...I loved Wicked so much, didn''t you? What a great show.

Your weather looked great which is nice for getting all that shopping done!
''
DeeJay''s rings are also pretty incredible, def. Angie Harmon like!!

Enjoy your stunning new bag too!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Ugh! I''m so sorry to hear that the setting couldn''t be sized down enough. How disappointing!
39.gif
At least you are able to get a refund...and now you know that what you really want is an original deco antique (and you found that one when you weren''t looking)! Now that you know what you''re looking for, hopefully the search won''t take too long (you''ve waited long enough, darn it)!
2.gif
Also, I think that''s a great idea to set your diamond in a temp setting if you don''t find anything on Monday (you should at least be able to enjoy your stone)! Good luck with the search!

Date: 11/6/2006 9:51:21 PM

Kerbear: thanks sweetie...how are you doing?
I''m doing well, thanks! I''ve been keeping pretty busy with wedding planning (I started a thread in BWW...not sure if you saw it...it''s buried now, lol)! It''s fun, but it has been a little stressful at times! If it were only up to me, we would''ve had a destination wedding with just immediate family and close friends in attendance (my FI is really close with his family and some of them can''t travel, so out of the question)! Plus, it''s really important to my FI that we have the big wedding. We''ve done a lot of compromising, including the number of guests (half of the usual 500...which to me is still huge, lol). I''m just not into having all eyes on me, and I''m sure as the day gets closer I''ll get even more nervous about it (I know it''s an irrational fear, and that the guests will all be there to support us...I just have to keep telling myself that, lol).
32.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Wow!

DeeJay''s rings do look huge and JUST like Angie Harmon''s!!!!!

As for your new setting mrssalvo- IT IT PERFECT. IT IS JUST WONDERFUL! That fine detail is making me miss antique settings....YUMMY!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrssalvo-

Just catching up right now- so sorry to hear that you can''t use that setting...but don''t worry, something else will come along....I was actually thinking of you yesterday...Brian and I took a drive over to a really pretty old town in PA... a lot of antique stores (including jewelry-lol). We went into one store and they had such beautiful settings there...some of them were so old and gorgeous! The salesperson also let me know that they have another store in the vicinty that specializes in "old world stones." I told Brian we shoudn''t even step foot in there for his own good.....LOL!!! I just imagined myself walking in and falling in love with an old cushion or something like that...that would be my luck!!!

Anyway, you will find your perfect setting- its definitely out there...and I can''t wait to see what you choose!!!
36.gif

Keep us posted!!!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi!Mrssalvo!! what a fun topic !
I am so happy to hear that you did find such beautiful setting.
30.gif

I can''t wait to see more picture.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I just read through this post. I''m sorry you can''t get the setting sized
8.gif
especially after all the searching. You will find one that you love as much if not more.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all again for words of encouragement. I may have to take a break from setting hunting b/c my head is just spinning. there is a trunk show coming to a local antique dealer next month so maybe my setting will be there. If not at least i''ll have my stone and can enjoy it as a solitaire for a while...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t blame you for taking a setting break. Enjoy it in the temporary setting, and when you find the one, you''ll know it. I agree the older settings seem to be problem free as far as pave is concerned. Maybe you''ll see something you love at the trunk show next month.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn MrsS. Sorry to hear that. What an emotional roller coaster. I don''t blame you for thinking about taking a break. That split shank from Joe Escobar sure is pretty....
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsS!!!!!!! Boy, I go out of town for a few days and look at what I missed!!!! I am SO sorry about the setting sizing problem. I think they honestly should have considered that before they let you leave with that setting rather than let you find out the hard way (and with a lot of time and trouble!) that it wouldn''t work. I know how you feel about the head spinning..I thought I had decided something until I saw magnified pictures.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo , now I read all again and I am so sorry to hear about the sizing problem.
8.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Darn, I''m sorry that setting didn''t work out MrsSalvo. It''s such a beautiful ring. I hope the right one will come along soon and it''ll be even more spectacular than the one you returned. I have to admit that Joe Escobar ring looks divine in the face down shot, but I don''t care for the three sided pave either. I can''t wait to see your new diamond in the temp setting though. I''m looking forward to seeing some handshots.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsS -- what a let-down!!! Don''t worry though, another setting will come around. You know, I saw a custom-made setting very similar to the antique one you had at Shreve here in SF. It was just beautiful. Dome-shaped and very detailed....but with pave in the dome part and the shank on either side. I''m sure it costed an arm and a leg but it just goes to show that there will be others out there. Enjoy your setting break!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Darn it Mrssalvo, I am out of town visiting my mom and just had a chance to read the update regarding your lovely new setting! I am so sorry things did not work out for you to have it resized, but as you say the right one is out there somewhere for you and it will be something worth the wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results