shape
carat
color
clarity

mrssalvo''s chicago trip and long awaited new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:39:27 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 11/6/2006 5:37:00 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I'm confused - I love the ring!! but what size stone are you putting in it? Will it fit in the 1.5 hole???

hehe, Cehra- my stone is only a 1.5 carat diamond.

I actually met with a bench guy today. the hole is 7mm and my stone is 7.5. I was worried it might not be possible in which case I'd buy an aquamarine b/c I'm not getting rid of the setting. But the bench guy said he can rework the prongs a bit and it will fit
36.gif
I apologize, some of you guys I get confused - especially those of you with dog avatars!! I don't know why - it's not like the dogs really look alike! You and widget and dee jay... one of you (thought it was you!) has a 3.5 looking for a setting and I *thought* she'd picked one but now I'm not sure if it was confirmed LOL But who was it? If it's not you and dee jay's ring looks to be in a permanent not temp setting... oh geez, I need to start taking notes on everyone LOL!! I'm so embarrassed.. I've been here long enough! They should make a setion in the profile area that says "rings I own" and "projects at hand" hahaha!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing pics of my favorite city and such amazing sparklies! MORE MORE MORE!!!

What did you think of Smith and Wollensky? I''ve never eaten there, we always go to Harry Caray''s for steak. And how was Wicked? I so loved it! That theatre is amazing.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:32:21 PM
thanks K-

you know, I''ve been looking for sooooooooooooooooooo long that it''s a little scary. But I do really love it. It really was just so me and it also reminds me so much of my grandmother''s ring that my parents sold a few years ago.
OMG! I love your ring. It looks like MY grandma''s ring also. A few years before she passed away she gave it to my aunt who gave it to my cousin...I don''t think it''ll be in the family much longer, if it still is, as nobody talks to her all of a sudden. It makes me a little sad. Only one thing to do...Buy one like it!!! Sounds like you had a great bling filled trip. Congrats on the beautiful new piece!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 5:12:08 PM
are you guys bored yet?

he''s one more of downtown..

Bored...are you kidding me?
2.gif
I love all of the shots of Chicago...especially the one of downtown with the fall leaves! And the pics of you wearing Dee Jay''s rings?!?! Holy cow! I have to agree with Cehrabehra...they *almost* look too big on your tiny finger! What a drool-worthy set!
18.gif

I''m so happy you finally found "the one"! It''s been a long time coming! It''s absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
And, how wonderful that it reminds you of your grandmother''s ring! I can''t wait to see hand shots once your stone is set into it!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting MrsS!!! I love it! I don''t know if it''s just me....but when I saw it, it reminded me a little bit of your Tiffany repro setting that now belongs to Chrono. Just a little...enough to make me immediately think it but yet the new setting is even more intricate and very beautiful!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That setting is absolutely stunning--I can see why you fell in love with it! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo, that is fantastic news! I am so proud for you! And a new bag too, what a trip. I am so glad you found the ring of your dreams. How long do we have to wait for it to be done? Congrats, Mokey

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
MS

I love the 1920s-ness of your setting. It's perfect!! I have missed a lot of this..which stone are you putting into that puppy? I can't wait to see final pictures.

lovey

.....wait are there also BAG pictures? what sdid you find at Barneys?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought you might like to know that my 3 year old says she loves your ring. Really it IS lovely.
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend here in Chicago. I am glad you got to go to Graff''s (my favorite place).
I can''t wait to see the bag pictures too.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely, unique setting!! So glad you had a productive/enjoyable trip!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Absolutely exquisite - can''t wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrssalvo!!

So glad you found your dream setting- it is beautiful and sooo unique!!! How long before its done?
How did you like Wicked? Sounds like you had a great time in Chicago!!

Congradulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love it! Just gorgeous!!! Cannot wait to see your fabulous diamond in that equally fabulous setting!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Is someone local in Nashville setting the stone for you?

happygal

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo, your new ring is gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, love the new setting! I can''t wait to see your stone set in it! Thanks for sharing all the good eyecandy!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, LOVE that setting.
30.gif

Can't wait to see pictures of it with your diamond.
Thank goodness your jeweler can adjust the prongs, it's going to be a knock out!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful setting and very unique!
36.gif
36.gif
It is great that you found something that actually seemed to speak to you - those are the best types of purchases! I am anxious to see it when it is complete.

Did you change your avatar? It is only loading halfway on my computer for some reason. Did your doggie take off the halloween costume?
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow Mrssalvo, sounds like you had a GREAT time, and thanks for the wonderful pictures...

...AND THAT DECO MOUNTING!!!!!! It''s fabulous!!
30.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to see a million more pics after you''ve got your stone in it!
3.gif

widget

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!
36.gif
You finally found it!!!! How EXCITING!

It is gorgeous, simply perfect! I love it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It reminds me of one that my girlfriend has, and it is so stunning. She gets compliments on it ALL the time. And with your KILLER new diamond in there... OH, be still my heart!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks so much you all. I really am so excited and can't believe my months and months of searching has come to an end. well, now to find a wedding band
31.gif

Cerha: don't worry about it, it's hard to keep us all straight...

Kim H: loved Smith and wollensky. ate way too much. Wicked was just awesome. the standby was in for Elphaba and I was a little worried she wouldn't be very good and she was just awesome. We have the soundtrack and the gal actually sounded better at times than Idina does on the track. I want to go back and see it again.

Miranda: thanks so much. I do feel like a piece of my grandmother is coming back to me even though it's not her ring. She would have loved this one for sure.

Kerbear: thanks sweetie...how are you doing?

FG: you know, looking at the pics I thought the same thing about it having the same kind of feel that my Tiff repro did. But this one really is a lot different in person. It also doesn't hurt that the stone was a lot bigger
3.gif

thanks Sharon..

monkey: I'm not sure how long it will take once my jeweler has it..

Lovey: I purchased an AGS0 1.5 G, SI 1 that I'll be setting in there...

Allison: next time I'm in chicago you'll have to meet up with us...

carlotta, ECF, Dani - thanks you gals

Turtle- I do think I'm going to have someone local do it. I went to a few jewelers today which is a drama story in itself but ended up and Lindell's in brentwood who have an onsite bench guy that I talked to. they were really nice so I'll probably use them. I did go to an antique place Rare Jewels and the gal there gave me the name of the guy who does all her repair work on her estate peices so that might be an option too.

happy, facetfire, suzqz: thanks so much, it really is so lovely in person

:) yes, my doggie did take off her costume until next year. she does have a cute santa hat that will show up closer to Christmas..

Widget: I had a pretty good feeling you'd like the setting. Honestly, Part of why I love it so much is that it's a real deco mounting. there are some gorgeous repros out there but none of them have the same feel or charm as an genuine antique. Plus, odds are it's one of a kind and that makes it even more special to me.

Lynn: thanks lady. you know, your's was high on my list for a long time and still one of my favorites. But, deep down I just love those deco mountings and I'm hoping I'll be happy with this one for a loooooong time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrss, congrats on your lovely ring!! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats MrsS, thanks for the pics, great for me to see and the ones of that lovely setting! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn't log on last night to chime it (some crazy thing about a bottle of water meeting up with my keyboard, LOL... ) but I have to say that the photos don't do Mrs. Salvo's new setting justice; it is truly a beautiful beautiful piece. You should have seen the look on her face when she put it on--love at first sight!

And my rings on her tiny little hands--how hysterical is that! (If only the diamonds looked that big on my hands!!!
10.gif
)

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your setting is beautiful. Sounds lile a wonderful weeked in Chicago.

Can''t wait to see pix of that beauty set!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a decision has been made!!??
23.gif

wow! it''s a beauty and so very, very you! i can''t wait to see many more pics of it.
thanks for the great report and all the pics
36.gif

congratulations!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So glad the search is finally over and with the most perfect possible solution in the end!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to see it set with your stone & resized and perfectly YOURS in the end!
9.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 9:51:21 PM

Turtle- I do think I''m going to have someone local do it. I went to a few jewelers today which is a drama story in itself but ended up and Lindell''s in brentwood who have an onsite bench guy that I talked to. they were really nice so I''ll probably use them. I did go to an antique place Rare Jewels and the gal there gave me the name of the guy who does all her repair work on her estate peices so that might be an option too.
Great ~ it is good that you have a few options. I''ve heard good things about Lindell''s ~ some of my friends'' rings were purchased there. They were on our list of places to look when we searching for e-ring settings, but we found our setting at Barker''s before we ever went there. I never made it to Rare Jewels when they were near Vandy, but they have some pretty things online. Hmmm, maybe on my next trip out towards Brentwood ...

Sooooo happy you''ll have a beautiful new ring soon!!!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
I''m so happy for you, Mrssalvo!

And I thought that DeeJay''s hands were small, but yours are just tiny. I''m jealous.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to sneak another quick peek at the setting! Is it bezeled or does it have 4 N/S/E/W prongs? Are they sending the setting to Bill so he can set the stone? How soon will you have the ring?!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures, it''s making me miss the midwest since I moved out to CA. I love your new setting! It''s gorgeous, hopefully you''ll give us some updated pictures when you have a finished ring. DeeJay''s set and eternity band is also to die for, definitely resembles the angie harmon set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results