shape
carat
color
clarity

Mobile App Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

Which do you use Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

• Tapatalk

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Forum Runner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am looking into Mobile Apps. The 2 most popular are Tapatalk and Forum Runner. I am still looking through the details what will work best with our platforms, but wondering how many people are already using either one and which one. Please vote so I can see some numbers.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I've only ever used Tapatalk. I found it to be a bit bulky to get used to (like everything new!) but once I was on it and going I've found it to be a lot easier than using safari. I do think it is easier to use while on the go, especially if I want to spend 10 minutes browsing PS while at work. I would much much rather look at tapatalk than deal with opening it in a browser.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I just use Opera Mini. I've been using it for oh, I don't know, maybe 7 years now? and have never had a problem.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have used both. I have another luxury forum I am on and they have their own app that requires Forum Runner to get push notifications. I have used Tapatalk on tech forums, the only problem with that one is just that sometimes photos won't be viewable.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I have Tapatalk. One thing I really like about it is it's really easy to keep track of posts in which you have been active.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We just installed Tapatalk for testing.
Actually Making this post via the app.

Images are not working at this time.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I haven't used either app, but just wanted to ask that you please develop an Android app, not just iphone! Almost twice as many smartphone users have Android phones compared to iphones, but developers often alienate us Android users by creating only an iphone app. You may have already planned for this...but please don't leave Android users in the dust!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Both apps will work on Iphone as well as Android.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spotted this... In the list of topics Dancing Fire is showing as his original screen name of vtigger.

a6898ea6-c5f2-816e.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just a reminder we are testing it out. It is temporary until we make a decision. We would have to have additional custom work done to fix some of the issues that are showing up on tapatalk because our forum has customization done.

We will be testing out forum runner soon.

Please keep the comments coming to let us know what you think.

Thank you.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
So far I LOVE it! It runs so much faster on my phone than going through Safari, and I can get a connection while I'm at my desk at work (not always so true with loading a full Safari page).

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Making a post with forum runner.

Adding a picture for test.

image-1397801707.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband just bought tapatalk so I thought I'd try it. It works great with the forum but it crashes on me when I try to cancel something and it would not let me add a photo.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm using tapatalk right now and love it- but like Marcy it wouldn't let me upload pics.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Amy. I really like it for looking through the forum.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I only downloaded tapatalk because it was suggested by a pop up from this forum when I accessed from my iPad. I wouldn't have paid for the app if I had known it was only being tested and not a sure thing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1329628491|3129179 said:
I only downloaded tapatalk because it was suggested by a pop up from this forum when I accessed from my iPad. I wouldn't have paid for the app if I had known it was only being tested and not a sure thing.

same. ought O

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1329628491|3129179 said:
Same here....

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am very sorry for the pop up. We will try to have tapatalk running for those that made the purchase.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Andrey, just so you're aware, when I went to PS on Safari on my iPhone I got a Forum Runner pop-up... I also probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing the Forum Runner app if I'd realised it was only under testing. I never got a Tapatalk pop up though.

chele162

Rough_Rock
Buttons said:
Andrey, just so you're aware, when I went to PS on Safari on my iPhone I got a Forum Runner pop-up... I also probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing the Forum Runner app if I'd realised it was only under testing. I never got a Tapatalk pop up though.

That's what happen with me too. I got the pop up on my iPhone and I bought the forum runner app. It's working fine for me but now I wonder if I should have gotten the other one? Hmm.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am hoping to get both apps to work and create a branded version in the near future. I will try and see if that pop up can be disabled.

Thank you all for letting me know.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
chele162|1329855753|3131044 said:
Buttons said:

That's what happen with me too. I got the pop up on my iPhone and I bought the forum runner app. It's working fine for me but now I wonder if I should have gotten the other one? Hmm.

Yep, same here. I got the forum runner pop-up. I bought the app. I already had Tapatalk...obviously wouldn't have bought the new one if I knew 1) it was testing only, and 2) the site was available on both apps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results