shape
carat
color
clarity

mens jewelry staples?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
There was an earlier question being asked about tennis bracelets being a jewelry staple in a womans jewelry box...it brought up the question....what should be the staples in a mans jewelry box...think about it !What pieces should a guy have (its only fair that us guys get some bling also!) to be well dressed.

my picks:
1-Quality automatic wrist watch that will be worn for many years...a Rolex Datejust, or maybe an Omega or JLC.
2- casual quartz watch to wear like an all stainless Seiko or Swiss Army.
3-plain gold or platinum wedding band
4-right hand ring with one diamond
5-Signet ring in sterling or yellow gold
6- bracelet in a chain or cuff style
7- one pair of classic sterling cuff links
8-one pair of cufflinks in yellow gold
9-tie chain or tac
10-granddads pocket watch a chain.

What are your choices ladies and genltmen of the forum?!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding ring, cufflinks (as many pairs as desired but at least a classic pair - my DH has a pair of Tiffany silver ones with his initials engraved). Dressy watch, casual watch.

That''s it, no earrings, no necklaces, no bracelets, no ''dress rings''. My personal opinion, but that is a real turn off for me.

My DH does have another ring he likes to wear occasionally on his right hand, when we first met we were long distance, the first time we separated, as we said goodbye, I took the wide silver band I wore on his middle finger and slipped it on his, he wore it until we got married and I made him stop (due to my one ring for men rule).

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
My husbands staple is his Ebel watch.....looks good with a suit or dressed down.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH only wears his wedding ring. I keep asking if I can upgrade it, since it's just a simple two-tone gold band, but he won't hear of it.
20.gif

He does have a decent watch, but he never wears it . . . he's afraid he'll get it all banged up.
38.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
DH''s jewelry box has:
A dress watch
A casual watch (well, 2)
A pocket watch, which has kinda fallen by the wayside. I got it for him years ago, before everyone and their mother had cell phones. His casual watches were too nice for work (he''s a contractor/landscaper), so he liked the pocketwatch for work. Now he has a cell phone
3.gif

A small diamond stud
A couple of mid range pairs of cufflinks
His white gold wedding band is hardly in there, unless he''s gonna be using the weed-eater for a landscape job. Otherwise, it''s where it should be - on his finger!

I agree with your list with the exception of the bracelet. I don''t think a heck of a lot of men can pull off the bracelet look. Some can, but not most.
Same for the RHR w/ a diamond... it depends on the man. My dad has a RHR with an OMC (it was my great great g-moms), and he pulls it off easily... my DH couldn''t in a million years!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby has the following:

Dress dress watch - Tag Grand Carrera
Dress watch - Baume Mercier 14kt [which I''ve been wearing lately]
Dress watch - Rose Gold Armani
Dress watch - Geneve 15kt
One dress casual watch - Tag Auquaracer
Several casual quartz watches
One tungsten wedding band
One diamond wedding band
Several mid range cufflinks

That''s it. He got rid of his other jewelry including RH rings long ago. He is not a jewelry person but he does like his watches.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 7:50:22 AM
Author: MishB
Wedding ring, cufflinks (as many pairs as desired but at least a classic pair - my DH has a pair of Tiffany silver ones with his initials engraved). Dressy watch, casual watch.

That''s it, no earrings, no necklaces, no bracelets, no ''dress rings''. My personal opinion, but that is a real turn off for me.

Ditto...I''m not crazy about man jewelry! I think a watch and a wedding band should be it for daily wear. Honestly I don''t even like men''s wedding bands with diamonds on them. I''m a bling discriminator, what can I say?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let''s see. Seven watches, a wedding ring and a casual sterling siilver celtic band RHR he got in Ireland. He used to wear a chain with a couple of pendants on it, always under his shirt, but he gave that up. I don''t like jewellery on men per se. I don''t think every guy has a RHR or wants one. We are about to update his wedding ring for the third time (26 years) this year. He outgrew the first one, and wore out the second.
3.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like too much adornement on a man or a woman.

What works for me (a man) is one extremely fine diamond in the simplest, cleanest setting possible.
That's all. (My cellphone has the time.)

IMHO one single extraordinary item spells classy understatement and restraint.
Clearly the guy could afford to be dripping with bling everywhere but has kept that in check.

The money that would have gone into all that other stuff went towards a better diamond.

Of course this applies only to myself.
Live and let live.
There's my 2 cents.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
My husband has his titanium wedding band. ( we got it because it was not expensive if he loses it and it is heavy duty)
He has a Rloex watch that he only wears when we go out.
I am thinking of getting him a nice dress wedding band so that when we go out he has a nice ring.

He used to wear a necklace before we met. He hasn''t had one for a while now and I wonder if that is because he doesn''t like them anymore or if the one he had broke and he just never got another.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 10:33:27 AM
Author: kenny
I don''t like too much adornement on a man or a woman.

What works for me (a man) is one extremely fine diamond in the simplest, cleanest setting possible.
That''s all. (My cellphone has the time.)

IMHO one single extraordinary item spells classy understatement and restraint.
Clearly the guy could afford to be dripping with bling everywhere but has kept that in check.

The money that would have gone into all that other stuff went towards a better diamond.

Of course this applies only to myself.
Live and let live.
There''s my 2 cents.
I completly agree with this.
My husband only wears his wedding band. I can''t even convince him to wear a watch. But his wedding band is a platinum cold forged band. It''s exceptional quality and more than enough for him.
Even for myself, I won''t wear my 5 stone with my e-ring, and I won''t wear my pendant with my earrings. In general, i never wear more than two pieces with diamonds at a time. I just find understated looks much better on me.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Nah! Men should have much more jewellery than women and I think diamonds and coloured stones look so much better on us men. Women are better to have plain gold of lower quality (so they than can have more of them) and perhaps a pretty brooch or two.
11.gif

There should be no staples for men''s jewellery. We should have as much as WE like to wear.
25.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

More than one style of wedding band--in platinum or w/g and a yellow in high carat.
Dress watch--I love my DH''s Roadster--had a metal and black leather strap.
Sport watch--Omega Seamaster or Rolex Submarnier
Lots of cufflinks--while and yellow colored and intersting designs....

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2009 7:55:31 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
DH only wears his wedding ring. I keep asking if I can upgrade it, since it's just a simple two-tone gold band, but he won't hear of it.
20.gif

He does have a decent watch, but he never wears it . . . he's afraid he'll get it all banged up.
38.gif
ditto this... DH doesn't even use a watch anymore (his cell phone tells him time
20.gif
), watch still looks brand new, except it needs a new battery

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a daily basis, my husband wears a cheap Casio G-Shock watch to work. He''s very used to them. He''s been wearing one since he was in the Army twenty five years ago. Old habits die hard.

When we go out, he has an assortment of watches to choose from- stainless steel, gold plated and solid gold.
Wedding bands- the bands we got married with are solid gold, but he also has stainless and tungsten.
Neck chains- 14K gold or stainless.
Bracelets- 14K gold or stainless.
Rings- 14K gold.

But he doesn''t like jewelry much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results