shape
carat
color
clarity

March organizer might have had terrorist ties

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a cousin who is a lifelong activist for peace and fighting. Unfortunately, that blood tie doesn't translate to my being a lifelong peace activist. I have, however, participated in meetings and forums with people who's view I disagree with. Fortunately, being in those places, probably even being photographed with those people, didn't "contaminate" me with those views either.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1485367364|4119652 said:
I have a cousin who is a lifelong activist for peace and fighting. Unfortunately, that blood tie doesn't translate to my being a lifelong peace activist. I have, however, participated in meetings and forums with people who's view I disagree with... being in those places, probably even being photographed with those people, didn't "contaminate" me with those views either.

Agreed.

But when a tragedy occurs police officers often speak to everyone in the family to see if others were involved as well.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I can tell from searching, this has not been reported anywhere other than untrustworthy sites. Not surprisingly, InfoWars (where everything is a conspiracy theory/lie) got in on this days ago http://www.infowars.com/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

Other info
The posts against Sarsour, which included assaults on her character, were featured in many right-wing websites, including popular outlets like the Daily Caller.

The seemingly orchestrated effort centred on falsehoods, Islamophobic and misogynistic slurs.

From what I've seen, this is just propaganda and attempts to tear her down for organizing and helping with the march (and for being Muslim....because many of those websites have Islamophobic writers).

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485368135|4119662 said:
As far as I can tell from searching, this has not been reported anywhere other than untrustworthy sites. Not surprisingly, InfoWars (where everything is a conspiracy theory/lie) got in on this days ago http://www.infowars.com/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

Other info
The posts against Sarsour, which included assaults on her character, were featured in many right-wing websites, including popular outlets like the Daily Caller.

The seemingly orchestrated effort centred on falsehoods, Islamophobic and misogynistic slurs.

From what I've seen, this is just propaganda and attempts to tear her down for organizing and helping with the march (and for being Muslim....because many of those websites have Islamophobic writers).

I have a question.

You say it is only in right wing outlets, so it has to be false.

What about far leaning left outlets.

Do they intentionally omit such articles that may hurt their cause?

So is the information true or false , just based on which news organizations carry the story?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1485307439|4119327 said:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/24/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour-accused-of-terrorist-ties/21661978/

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/25/fake-news-purveyors-run-bigoted-attacks-women-s-march-organizer-and-google-helps-them-profit/215109

Articles jumping to conclusion based on her skin color and religion are not cool. How would you feel if people falsified information claiming you were a terrorist or had terorist affiliation because of your skin or religion? This is racism, showing religious hatred, and xenophobia.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485307439|4119327 said:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/24/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour-accused-of-terrorist-ties/21661978/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

This is very much innuendo, it's as though the Daily Caller is calling her guilty by association, there is NO evidence she is involved in terrorism, shame on the Daily Caller for casting doubt on this woman without any concrete information.. This is why I don't like Trump, with Trump if I'm walking down the street and speaking hello to a muslim friend, I'm a terrorist (extreme but on point). This stuff get's repeated and smear campaigns have already started against this woman. Shame on the right.

read this to get the left side:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/linda-sarsour-womens-march-attacked-online_us_58865134e4b0e3a7356adbb2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1485377742|4119765 said:
This is very much innuendo, it's as though the Daily Caller is calling her guilty by association, there is NO evidence she is involved in terrorism, shame on the Daily Caller for casting doubt on this woman without any concrete information.. This is why I don't like Trump, with Trump if I'm walking down the street and speaking hello to a muslim friend, I'm a terrorist (extreme but on point). This stuff get's repeated and smear campaigns have already started against this woman. Shame on the right.

I'm not suggesting I believe the stories, but re: the first bolded part, I'm curious how you define or what you consider 'evidence'.

Regarding the second bolded part, this is not a "right" or "left" issue; it's an integrity & ethics issue, as so-called "journalists" and "news" media on BOTH sides are quite guilty of promoting rumor, innuendo and rhetoric as "fact".

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485378941|4119774 said:
Tekate|1485377742|4119765 said:

I'm not suggesting I believe the stories, but re: the first bolded part, I'm curious how you define or what you consider 'evidence'.

Regarding the second bolded part, this is not a "right" or "left" issue; it's an integrity & ethics issue, as so-called "journalists" and "news" media on BOTH sides are quite guilty of promoting rumor, innuendo and rhetoric as "fact".

It is a mine field out there. I went through a few pages.

One woman and two diametrically opposed views.

You do not know who to believe anymore.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I fear this administration will make McCarthyism look like a walk in the park. I've intentionally not signed any petitions for fear of being black balled some how some way.

But I will say that I recently befriended a very wonderful woman on IG who happened to be Muslim. We were speaking about Trump and she entrusted me with her real name and told me to google her. When I did I saw that she was the target of one of these news sites that claimed she was a terrorist and she receives death threats daily. All because some fake new site targeted her. That terrifies me. People don't research what they're reading or find alternative sources. They just believe what they read as gospel. And yes it applies to the far left as much as it does the far right. My mom in a whack job liberal and posts EVERYTHING she finds on her FB page. When I have spare time I fact check half of her articles for her because she's truly not helping herself by only posting far left websites. It really does have to be a perseverance thing for everyone or shit is going to get really really scary/messy.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1485379480|4119778 said:
I fear this administration will make McCarthyism look like a walk in the park. I've intentionally not signed any petitions for fear of being black balled some how some way.

But I will say that I recently befriended a very wonderful woman on IG who happened to be Muslim. We were speaking about Trump and she entrusted me with her real name and told me to google her. When I did I saw that she was the target of one of these news sites that claimed she was a terrorist and she receives death threats daily. All because some fake new site targeted her. That terrifies me. People don't research what they're reading or find alternative sources. They just believe what they read as gospel. And yes it applies to the far left as much as it does the far right. My mom in a whack job liberal and posts EVERYTHING she finds on her FB page. When I have spare time I fact check half of her articles for her because she's truly not helping herself by only posting far left websites. It really does have to be a perseverance thing for everyone or shit is going to get really really scary/messy.

Athena, I googled this woman. Where do you even start to know who is telling the truth.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
K, in my opinion, your chart is too simplistic.
Contributors to various publications differ, some reliable, some not.
That goes for those in the center of the chart, too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad this thread was started.

Clearly all women who marched are terrorists.
It's obvious.
It's just common sense. Period!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485379575|4119779 said:
Here's a handy chart for who to believe:

I love that chart! First saw on FB, and although no chart can be 100% detailed about everything, this one comes pretty darn close to having most of the sources that are read regularly.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what this thread is all about since all it has is a link and no questions were asked and no opinion was offered.
So those who participated in the March now are considered to have terrorist ties? :confused:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1485382769|4119807 said:
I'm so glad this thread was started.

Clearly all women who marched are terrorists.
It's obvious.
It's just common sense. Period!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What about the men?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
AnnaH|1485380525|4119792 said:

It's meant as a starting off point, it's not called "the all encompassing, infallible chart". We can't handhold every internet user. People need to be responsible for themselves - if they are truly having such a hard time, perhaps they should learn how to fact check, discern truth from lies, and do a bit of simple research. That's what critical thinkers do.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485383357|4119812 said:

It's meant as a starting off point, it's not called "the all encompassing, infallible chart". We can't handhold every internet user. People need to be responsible for themselves - if they are truly having such a hard time, perhaps they should learn how to fact check, discern truth from lies, and do a bit of simple research. That's what critical thinkers do.

Katharath: I love you. That is all. :appl:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485382788|4119808 said:

I love that chart! First saw on FB, and although no chart can be 100% detailed about everything, this one comes pretty darn close to having most of the sources that are read regularly.

Thank, Lovedogs. I think it can be a helpful tool. Of course, you will have people who will look at it and say, "but ALL of the media is wrong, Donald says so!" :roll:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485383419|4119813 said:

Lol, you too, my friend!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485383419|4119813 said:

What I did was try to go back into her history, well before the event, to try and get some info on her.

But until I cam here I never realized how much some outlets can twist the truth on both sides.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1485383119|4119809 said:
I'm not sure what this thread is all about since all it has is a link and no questions were asked and no opinion was offered.
So those who participated in the March now are considered to have terrorist ties? :confused:

:wavey: I asked a question ... but I may very well be on iggy. :saint:

To your second statement, I don't believe that.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
There is always something on the internet to anchor any bias, confirm any suspicion, substantiate any claim, and affirm any belief. The fact that you are posting this article in order to undermine an activist's credibility suggests to me that you are biased against her to begin with. If you have posted any articles extolling her virtues, then I'm sorry that I missed those posts. That's all I'm going to say.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

It's meant as a starting off point, it's not called "the all encompassing, infallible chart". We can't handhold every internet user. People need to be responsible for themselves - if they are truly having such a hard time, perhaps they should learn how to fact check, discern truth from lies, and do a bit of simple research. That's what critical thinkers do.[/quote

Questioning your chart equals a lack of critical thinking?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1485378507|4119771 said:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

Trying to get through this is difficult when you have certain publications telling you one thing and others something else.

But pictures do not lie, so this makes me wonder..

I'm sorry, I guess I just don't see how her attending a Muslim event is evidence of terrorism??? It's a picture, even if someone questionable is in it. She is on one end and he on another with a group of people....????

I myself try to research and find facts from various sources (neutral) and when I can't corroborate things I see with neutral sources, or something like this accusation comes directly after some thing that a political party disapproves of, I am immediately skeptical.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL

Wouldn't it be funny if our genitals were on top of our heads? :lol:

Then beds would be twice as long.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hey katharath.. do you have an original source for this? I would like a better copy to share. Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results