shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s talk about nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:09:15 PM
Author: BeachRunner

Date: 3/12/2009 2:07:41 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Do any of you ever watch HGTV? FF and I love watching House Hunters, My First Place and Property Virgins.

Yes, although FI does not like HH International (no idea why). I enjoy watching MFP and PV, but don''t watch them too often.
Yeah, we don''t like HH International either. He dislikes it more than I do. Maybe because it just isn''t in the states and we like to see homes that are closer to ''home''...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:13:06 PM

Do any of you ever watch HGTV? FF and I love watching House Hunters, My First Place and Property Virgins.

Yes, although FI does not like HH International (no idea why). I enjoy watching MFP and PV, but don't watch them too often.
Yeah, we don't like HH International either. He dislikes it more than I do. Maybe because it just isn't in the states and we like to see homes that are closer to 'home'...
I would like HH more, if they showed the transformation of the house after purchase. I'd love to see how they go about creating some of those images. Property Virgins is a good one too!
I'm a big fan of Property Ladder. Where they folow the families moving into their new homes, and have them come back to "evaluate" what the new owners have done to their old home.
Also, I like Flip This House, but C won't watch with me unless it's the follow up show where they tell you if the house even sold and for how much. I'm starting to agree that it's not as fun if you don't know that the work paid off.

Surprisingly, I find myself watching active people do active things on tv, while I spend my Saturday planted on the couch.
40.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok I''m dying to know who the mystery neighbor is.

basil

Brilliant_Rock

I think I''d like these shows, but I don''t get cable. I love Food Network...that''s all I watch when i go to my parents'' house.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:39:58 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
It came up because we were talking about who Emily Blunt is dating.
2.gif
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:41:46 PM
Author: musey

2.gif
9.gif

AHA!
And...ew? LOL.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:21:36 PM
Author: meresal

Yes, although FI does not like HH International (no idea why). I enjoy watching MFP and PV, but don''t watch them too often.
Yeah, we don''t like HH International either. He dislikes it more than I do. Maybe because it just isn''t in the states and we like to see homes that are closer to ''home''...
I would like HH more, if they showed the transformation of the house after purchase. I''d love to see how they go about creating some of those images. Property Virgins is a good one too!

I''m a big fan of Property Ladder. Where they folow the families moving into their new homes, and have them come back to ''evaluate'' what the new owners have done to their old home.

Also, I like Flip This House, but C won''t watch with me unless it''s the follow up show where they tell you if the house even sold and for how much. I''m starting to agree that it''s not as fun if you don''t know that the work paid off.

Surprisingly, I find myself watching active people do active things on tv, while I spend my Saturday planted on the couch.
40.gif

LOL, Meresal. Too true.

ITA HH Int''l is surprisingly dull; perhaps part of the issue is that it so often appears to feature people moving to a new country or buying a second home and starting from scratch from a clean slate. On the main HH, it always amuses me to see, time and time again, a couple of middle-class people walking into $800,000 homes with glorious views and dumping all over the listing because their five year old, battered-looking, overstuffed reclining sofa which they bought for $800 won''t fit in, or they hate that it has a built-in outdoor BBQ because they already own that BBQ they bought at Lowe''s last summer. Is that just schadenfreude? Could it be that part of what makes the original House Hunters so interesting to watch is to see people being "penny wise and pound foolish", or wanting to shout at the TV and the TV when the people make an unwise decision that we could apparently so obviously do better?
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:56:21 PM
Date: 3/12/2009 2:41:46 PM
2.gif
9.gif
AHA!

And...ew? LOL.
Nooo! No ew!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My neighbor is out on her patio (which is one floor up, but directly faces mine) YELLING at her dog. Like serious scolding action. It''s been going on for way too long. I don''t like it.

Poor pup
8.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
MUSEY! Did you see last night''s South Park?!?! Hoho! Your favorite cartoon was on it! Hoho!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:57:58 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
LOL, Meresal. Too true.

ITA HH Int''l is surprisingly dull; perhaps part of the issue is that it so often appears to feature people moving to a new country or buying a second home and starting from scratch from a clean slate. On the main HH, it always amuses me to see, time and time again, a couple of middle-class people walking into $800,000 homes with glorious views and dumping all over the listing because their five year old, battered-looking, overstuffed reclining sofa which they bought for $800 won''t fit in, or they hate that it has a built-in outdoor BBQ because they already own that BBQ they bought at Lowe''s last summer. Is that just schadenfreude? Could it be that part of what makes the original House Hunters so interesting to watch is to see people being ''penny wise and pound foolish'', or wanting to shout at the TV and the TV when the people make an unwise decision that we could apparently so obviously do better?
9.gif
haha! You are hilarious. Oh, I SO hear what you are saying!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would like HH more, if they showed the transformation of the house after purchase. I'd love to see how they go about creating some of those images. Property Virgins is a good one too!
I'm a big fan of Property Ladder. Where they folow the families moving into their new homes, and have them come back to 'evaluate' what the new owners have done to their old home.
Also, I like Flip This House, but C won't watch with me unless it's the follow up show where they tell you if the house even sold and for how much. I'm starting to agree that it's not as fun if you don't know that the work paid off.

40.gif
Yeah? I'm the type that doesn't like to watch the 'lets get this place the way we like it/paint/redo the kitchen/sell the house' type shows. Guess I like watching the buying process and telling them what a mistake they are making by buying THAT house over THIS house...haha!
3.gif

Maybe I'm like that because after FF bought his condo, we spent so much time (and years) fixing it up, painting and remodeling the bathroom that we just hate that kind of stuff now. lol! And on top of that, it was always a gorgeous condo to begin with. We are just fussy people..lol

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:03:24 PM
Author: sunnyd
MUSEY! Did you see last night's South Park?!?! Hoho! Your favorite cartoon was on it! Hoho!
NO! Not yet. I'll have to watch it asap, but I don't know how soon it'll be... we're going out of town tomorrow and may not have time to watch today! Grr!

Was it good? My favorite cartoon?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:02:35 PM
My neighbor is out on her patio (which is one floor up, but directly faces mine) YELLING at her dog. Like serious scolding action. It's been going on for way too long. I don't like it.

Poor pup
8.gif
Throw a rock at her head!!!

Eh, sorry. . .

I took a bunch of pictures for a school event this morning and they all turned out blurry! I'm so pissed off! Or, I'm bummed. Even though there will be a billion school events to document, seems like the day it happens, it's super important.

Bleh. . .plus, my DH never called in the Ambien RX.

Oh, yeah, and the taxes still. Plus the job hasn't called back.

I have NO idea if I will have a job that someone has set up for me and am going to have to sit here for TWO months waiting!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:18:16 PM

Date: 3/12/2009 3:03:24 PM
Author: sunnyd
MUSEY! Did you see last night''s South Park?!?! Hoho! Your favorite cartoon was on it! Hoho!
NO! Not yet. I''ll have to watch it asap, but I don''t know how soon it''ll be... we''re going out of town tomorrow and may not have time to watch today! Grr!

Was it good? My favorite cartoon?
Ah!! The ''hoho''s were clues! Mickey! Hahaha!!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha!! Does mickey say that?! Sorry for the confusion
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:32:20 PM
Haha!! Does mickey say that?! Sorry for the confusion
3.gif
LOL, I guess! Of course it was hugely exaggerated for SP...after eveything he said. He was managing the Jonas Brothers. It was so funny!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:54:35 PM
Date: 3/11/2009 6:52:25 PM

Author: Iowa Lizzy

Date: 3/11/2009 6:50:21 PM

lol you poor thing...Reminding me of Office Space.

Hehe.

''It''s not that I''m lazy. It''s that I just don''t care.'' (one of my favorite lines for the movie)
EXACTLY! My boss left me a note on my desk today and at the end it says ''That would be great, thanks...'' not meaning to quote Office Space but it cracked me up. Ummmm yeaaaaaah, I''m gonna need you to come in on Saturday. And then again on Sunday too. That would be greattttttttttttt, thanks! If I were him, I''d just leave the computer on (screw it) and get the heck outa there.....lol

Um....yea....so I''m working on Saturday....really....and we DO have TPS reports at my company...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey, sorry about the rock on head comment! Hope I didn''t offend you.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have eaten these as my main meal for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for the past 3 days.

cadburyminieggs-sm.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:55:14 PM
Author: Matata
I have eaten these as my main meal for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for the past 3 days.

I LOVE THESE!!! O man. I may just have to stop on my way home from work now. Thanks!
28.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:54:06 PM
Author: MC
Musey, sorry about the rock on head comment! Hope I didn't offend you.
Oh no! Not at all. I was tempted to just keep peeking at her through the blinds until she noticed, and realized what a ruckus she's causing.

I probably just have a very different pup-rearing philosophy from hers...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It pleases me to enable others to indulge in bad habits. Last year I actually bought several bags & stored them in the freezer rather than endure the 12 month wait until another Easter season. They lasted about 2 months
18.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Remember those mini chocolate chip cookies I was talking about yesterday? My FIL just sent me another 6 boxes from Amazon. Ha!

(Now I''ll need at least two tubs of vanilla icing.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE House Hunter''s International, especially when they are HH''g in Europe!! I LOVE to see the houses in the French countryside. I don''t see it often, but in a fairly recent episode, a guy from Boston was moving to France. He was fairly young, but had retired from a government job and decided to up and move to France. How awesome is that? I just love to see how the houses are so different from here. I also love to see Americans critiquing the houses for not having American-style (i.e., huge) bathrooms. Too funny!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:30:36 PM
Date: 3/12/2009 11:22:04 AM

Author: EBree

Oh, and does anyone watch Big Love? How crazy is this season? I''m an episode behind due to the move, so we''re catching up tonight.

I love big love!! You just reminded me that I have a DVR''d episode to watch. YESSSSSS!!

Big Love is AWESOME this season. There''s major stuff going on!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:53:15 PM
Author: basil
Date: 3/11/2009 10:58:39 PM

Date: 3/11/2009 10:56:50 PM

Author: EBree

Date: 3/11/2009 10:34:25 PM

Not a fan of Emily Blunt. Has nothing to do with who she''s dating. Really, I swear.

I''ll admit it''s big reason why I''m not a fan of hers.
11.gif
2.gif

LOL Ebree
3.gif

Hey, don''t know if you''ve ever seen it, but I''ve mentioned a celeb crush that lives a block from me... *ahem*ahem*

Weird. I totally went to college with him. He must have not been that cool, though, cause my school wasn''t all that big and I knew a lot of people, but don''t remember him at all...kind of sad!
2.gif

I''m not sure I''m thinking of the same person as you ladies, but I thought he went to Harvard??

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 3:59:20 PM

Date: 3/12/2009 3:54:06 PM
Author: MC
Musey, sorry about the rock on head comment! Hope I didn''t offend you.
Oh no! Not at all. I was tempted to just keep peeking at her through the blinds until she noticed, and realized what a ruckus she''s causing.

I probably just have a very different pup-rearing philosophy from hers...
And from most other people too! What was she yelling about?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone watch "Tell me you love me" last year. I don't know what it was, but... Holy cow, FI and I love that show!!

Ebree: Congrats on more cookies!! Yumm!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would like HH more, if they showed the transformation of the house after purchase. I''d love to see how they go about creating some of those images. Property Virgins is a good one too!

I''m a big fan of Property Ladder. Where they folow the families moving into their new homes, and have them come back to ''evaluate'' what the new owners have done to their old home.

Also, I like Flip This House, but C won''t watch with me unless it''s the follow up show where they tell you if the house even sold and for how much. I''m starting to agree that it''s not as fun if you don''t know that the work paid off.

40.gif

Have you seen "Moving UP"? It''s big on transformations/before and after stories.

I don''t like HH International because the houses are all UGLY!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results