shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's Settle The Email Nonsense and Benghazi . . .

E B

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1477582589|4091169 said:
There were articles all over the place yesterday with the republicans stating they intend to keep investigating the email and Benghazi issues ad nauseum. They are also planning to block ALL of her supreme court nominees stating that it may be time to let the court die a natural death. The perfect definition of stupidity -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. And then there's the massive amount of money that will continue to be spent trying to dig up dirt on Clinton rather than putting the time and money toward programs that need attention. I don't believe our elected leaders even pretend to care about doing what's honorable for our country. I alternate between despair and rage over the state of our governmental affairs.

And then they cry, "Look at how broken our government is!" But they're being boosted by, voted in by people who have wrapped themselves in intense Obama/Hillary/"LIEBERAL" hysteria. Here at PS most seem to be well-informed (despite the few who still parrot the "Hillary was asleep for the 3am call!" nonsense) but if you peek into the far-right corners of the internet, it gets pretty crazy. O'Keefe videos (once again debunked, what a surprise!), global conspiracies (with lots of anti-semitic rhetoric), mass media collusion, cries of wanting to take up arms and start a revolution, etc. It's so sad to see, because they are so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole, there's no returning. But in truth, things are far less nefarious than people want to believe.

ksinger|1477587376|4091202 said:
What amazes me, is that they are so breathtakingly open about their hypocritical lies about their rationale for denying Obama his pick: the PEOPLE should "have a say" via their next pick (a total load of codswallop but OK). But moving the goalposts again when it looks like they may lose. I guess "the people" doing the choosing of Clinton aren't the RIGHT people, (only white Republicans are) so their will and their choice don't really count. Of course, it was never about the people in the first place.

Dems need to regain the Senate and remove the filibuster on SC appointment immediately.

Yes, yes, YES.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477590452|4091222 said:
redwood66|1477590219|4091221 said:
Matata|1477587687|4091206 said:
Matata|1477585722|4091190 said:
Dems need to regain the Senate and remove the filibuster on SC appointment immediately.

:appl: And failing that, I'd like to see us establish a monarchy with Michelle Obama installed as Queen for the next 4 years just to enjoy seeing her reap retribution upon their sorry arses.

:shock: :errrr:

Oh no please no.

See, there ya go again, busting my bubble. (Did you see the post right above yours?)

:D . I am on my phone and missed a bunch of posts. LOL. I was being facetious. Although still truthful.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477591076|4091230 said:
Tekate|1477575277|4091122 said:
Facts don't influence Clinton haters, they are influenced by 'gut feelings' that she 'did something?' wrong.. no matter.

Actually, I do care about facts and no, it's not about gut feelings (at least for me). When I rely on gut feelings, it's typically more personal (like I know the people involved, etc.), but I couldn't possibly know a presidential candidate, so facts are actually more important when I'm trying to form opinions about a candidate.
It may come as a shock to some, but there are valid reasons why people don't care for the Clintons (just as there are valid reason why people don't care for Trump). I know that many people would like to believe that because Trump is so incredibly awful, that it must affect how one might feel about Clinton (like even if you don't care for her, she's better than Trump), but I treat each candidate individually. In other words, in my research, I've concluded that Trump is not worthy of my support and neither is Clinton.

Your Clinton-hating acquaintances may seem meaningful to you, but the numbers aren't supporting that.

Clinton Voters Aren’t Just Voting Against Trump
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/
"Right now, 56 percent of Clinton voters say they are mainly for her compared with just 42 percent of the same voters who say they are voting against Trump. This 56 percent is the highest it’s been all year in the ABC News poll, and it’s been steadily climbing for Clinton since July. In the same survey, only 41 percent of Trump supporters say they are voting for him, while 54 percent say they are mostly voting against Clinton. Those numbers are about the same as they’ve been all year.

That 56 percent of Clinton’s voters are affirmatively supporting her may not seem like a lot, but it’s about average for a presidential candidate. "

And about your not voting for either one? This is going to sound more harsh than it actually is, because in real political terms this is a hard cold FACT:

NO ONE CARES. By not voting you are making no “statement”, sending no message. No one will be doing any hand-wringing about how factual you felt your reasoning was about what you did not say. You might as well tell us all here that you intend to be on day 3 of a 3 day bender and that's why you won't be voting. The system and the candidates DO NOT CARE WHY. They are not courting you, they are courting those who will vote. PERIOD. At the end of the day, for whatever reason, you have taken yourself and any wishes you may have OUT of the equation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1477574650|4091116 said:
T
Under the Bush administration, 87 people died in 39 attacks on various embassies and consulates. So why was Clinton subjected to 8 Congressional "investigations" for one fatal attack?[/b]
The attack is one thing but how they covered up afterwards to help Obama get re-elected.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1477594709|4091260 said:
iLander|1477574650|4091116 said:
T
Under the Bush administration, 87 people died in 39 attacks on various embassies and consulates. So why was Clinton subjected to 8 Congressional "investigations" for one fatal attack?[/b]
The attack is one thing but how they covered up afterwards to help Obama get re-elected.

As my older son says: "WHAAAAAAT??" what coverup for heaven's sake? we have had more Benghazi reports than just about everything connected to Clinton(s) except of course Whitewater.. sigh .... there was no coverup.. there was misinformation propagated by the CIA, but there was no coverup.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477590189|4091220 said:
AGBF|1477589800|4091213 said:
monarch64|1477589327|4091207 said:
Matata|1477587687|4091206 said:
Matata|1477585722|4091190 said:

:appl: And failing that, I'd like to see us establish a monarchy with Michelle Obama installed as Queen for the next 4 years just to enjoy seeing her reap retribution upon their sorry arses.

Yes! Let's, please! I am 200% behind you on this. GOD I LOVE THAT WOMAN.

I think Michelle Obama is great. I prefer Democratic control of both the Senate and the House to the coronation of Mrs. Obama, however. I am still somewhat attached to our form of government, even though it seems to have failed us recently. My prayer is to win both houses of Congress!

Deb :wavey:

Deb, please do not pee all over my fantasy. Between you and Redwood (who did not relish my fantasy of a Canamerex similar to the EU) I am prevented from disassociating from reality and stuck in adulting mode which is really so very depressing :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally got on my computer. I am so glad to be able to bring you back to earth Matata. LOL.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as SCOTUS I think we have discussed this before. IMO it needs to be balanced to ensure justice. I am totally against activists of any sort being on the bench. If SCOTUS went away that is exactly what we would have on the lower courts because they are filled with activists appointed for life. Relying on the lower courts does not allow for consistency across the country either.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1477592864|4091246 said:
Facts don't influence Clinton haters, they are influenced by 'gut feelings' that she 'did something?' wrong.. no matter.

Actually, I do care about facts and no, it's not about gut feelings (at least for me). When I rely on gut feelings, it's typically more personal (like I know the people involved, etc.), but I couldn't possibly know a presidential candidate, so facts are actually more important when I'm trying to form opinions about a candidate.
It may come as a shock to some, but there are valid reasons why people don't care for the Clintons (just as there are valid reason why people don't care for Trump). I know that many people would like to believe that because Trump is so incredibly awful, that it must affect how one might feel about Clinton (like even if you don't care for her, she's better than Trump), but I treat each candidate individually. In other words, in my research, I've concluded that Trump is not worthy of my support and neither is Clinton.

Your Clinton-hating acquaintances may seem meaningful to you, but the numbers aren't supporting that.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/
"Right now, 56 percent of Clinton voters say they are mainly for her compared with just 42 percent of the same voters who say they are voting against Trump. This 56 percent is the highest it’s been all year in the ABC News poll, and it’s been steadily climbing for Clinton since July. In the same survey, only 41 percent of Trump supporters say they are voting for him, while 54 percent say they are mostly voting against Clinton. Those numbers are about the same as they’ve been all year.

That 56 percent of Clinton’s voters are affirmatively supporting her may not seem like a lot, but it’s about average for a presidential candidate. "

And about your not voting for either one? This is going to sound more harsh than it actually is, because in real political terms this is a hard cold FACT:

NO ONE CARES. By not voting you are making no “statement”, sending no message. No one will be doing any hand-wringing about how factual you felt your reasoning was about what you did not say. You might as well tell us all here that you intend to be on day 3 of a 3 day bender and that's why you won't be voting. The system and the candidates DO NOT CARE WHY. They are not courting you, they are courting those who will vote. PERIOD. At the end of the day, for whatever reason, you have taken yourself and any wishes you may have OUT of the equation.

Alrighty then.
Since I'm not a "part of the equation" then I guess there's nothing more for me to say.
Have a nice day everyone.
:wavey:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477592359|4091236 said:

Please share the facts that you discovered during your research that make you dislike Clinton. I dislike her too but not based upon facts that should disqualify her for president. She lost my respect staying with a serial cheater who humiliated her in public because (imo) she knew she needed him, baggage and all, to gain the presidency.

Matata, in that regard I'd lose your respect, too. I stayed in my first marriage because I didn't realize I had been chosen to bolster someone's ego, and I've stayed in my current marriage apparently for the same effect. Sometimes we idiot women don't realize what the **** we're doing. We can't possibly know HRC's motivations. You lose MY respect by stating that HRC did something (possibly) manipulative with the intent of gaining that position. Show me one politician with absolute honor and integrity, and I'll show you the face of God himself. Oh, wait.

*mic drop*

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477599375|4091289 said:
Matata, in that regard I'd lose your respect, too. I stayed in my first marriage because I didn't realize I had been chosen to bolster someone's ego, and I've stayed in my current marriage apparently for the same effect. Sometimes we idiot women don't realize what the [censored] we're doing. We can't possibly know HRC's motivations. You lose MY respect by stating that HRC did something (possibly) manipulative with the intent of gaining that position. Show me one politician with absolute honor and integrity, and I'll show you the face of God himself. Oh, wait.

*mic drop*
Mic drops are used to denote triumph at the end of a performance or speech. You took your personal baggage and applied it to my opinion in an attempt to get across what point? That women can be idiots and do stupid things? I already knew that. That I can't have or express an opinion that you don't like without you chastising me for it? Well, you won that one.

I do not believe a woman as shrewd and intelligent as HC stayed with Bill for any reason other than personal gain. The world isn't going to end because I feel that way. Now pardon me as I skulk away to suck my thumb because you don't respect me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477601181|4091309 said:
monarch64|1477599375|4091289 said:
Matata, in that regard I'd lose your respect, too. I stayed in my first marriage because I didn't realize I had been chosen to bolster someone's ego, and I've stayed in my current marriage apparently for the same effect. Sometimes we idiot women don't realize what the [censored] we're doing. We can't possibly know HRC's motivations. You lose MY respect by stating that HRC did something (possibly) manipulative with the intent of gaining that position. Show me one politician with absolute honor and integrity, and I'll show you the face of God himself. Oh, wait.

*mic drop*
Mic drops are used to denote triumph at the end of a performance or speech. You took your personal baggage and applied it to my opinion in an attempt to get across what point? That women can be idiots and do stupid things? I already knew that. That I can't have or express an opinion that you don't like without you chastising me for it? Well, you won that one.

I do not believe a woman as shrewd and intelligent as HC stayed with Bill for any reason other than personal gain. The world isn't going to end because I feel that way. Now pardon me as I skulk away to suck my thumb because you don't respect me.

Well, damn it. I don't want to have a spat here. What is the big deal, though, that HRC stayed with a dude who could help her in any way get where she wants to be? Do men and women both not do that allllll the time in this world? I just feel like your standards are supremely high. I don't have the luxury of a tower that tall, sorry. I see humans as humans, flaws and all. Myself included.

Can we sip some Lagavulin 16 or something and get through this? I do respect you and your opinions. I really do. I apologize for my poorly worded and antagonistic post, Matata. I was out of line.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477597875|4091283 said:
ksinger|1477592864|4091246 said:

Alrighty then.
Since I'm not a "part of the equation" then I guess there's nothing more for me to say.
Have a nice day everyone.
:wavey:

That's 2 posts in 2 days defending your non-voting. It's clearly pretty important to you that people think well of your choice, because you defend it rather a lot. That approval you crave is not going to happen, so you really need to learn to take your "self" out of the equation when it comes to politics and political discussion. And don't put it out there in a public forum, if you don't want a response. You can keep telling yourself that ksinger is a mean heartless old so-and-so, but what you're really defensive against is constantly be reminded of political reality.

Me saying you don't matter is not about ME being MEAN to YOU. It is, as I emphasized above, a political reality, like it or loathe it. YOU (generic non-voter) don't matter to the people seeking votes because non-votes don't elect them, only vote-votes. Your non-vote is a nullity. Now, there IS indeed a whole school of thought about how to suppress votes (en masse anyway), because, (wait for it) if you can suppress the votes of those who disagree with you, the vote-votes by only those who agree with you will be the only ones cast and they will win the day, and the suppressed voters will lose out on what they could have had if they could have voted. I honestly can't think of a better example of how only votes matter.

My post will be read (if I'm not on everyone's ignore list by now, ha!) by not just you, but other non-voters, all of whom are free to come in and tell me how I'm wrong in my analysis of not voting and how that works into our political system. Please someone, without references to how you FEEL about voting/candidates/the flawed poilitcal system set up by old dead dudes/etc, tell me how you in all your special snowflake-ness, impact anything by not voting.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww shit aren't we all special? It could be that someone feels that neither candidate deserves their vote. Neither deserved mine and I voted 3rd party. Will he win? No, but I voted for him anyway because the other choices suck.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477601399|4091311 said:
Well, damn it. I don't want to have a spat here. What is the big deal, though, that HRC stayed with a dude who could help her in any way get where she wants to be? Do men and women both not do that allllll the time in this world? I just feel like your standards are supremely high. I don't have the luxury of a tower that tall, sorry. I see humans as humans, flaws and all. Myself included.

Can we sip some Lagavulin 16 or something and get through this? I do respect you and your opinions. I really do. I apologize for my poorly worded and antagonistic post, Matata. I was out of line.

No worries Monarch. You are absolutely right about my high standards as applied to women. I recognize that as an issue for how I approach discussions. For most of my life I worked in male-dominated organizations and watched as women were denigrated in the worst ways. And I was lucky enough to work for 2 women who rose within those organizations without ever once compromising themselves. They used grace and determination, wit, intelligence and compassion to succeed in organizations where men wanted them to fail and attempted to sabotage their success. They served as my mentors for which I will always be grateful. Those two were my heroines.

I also worked for women who were scheming, hateful, threatened by other women and determined to succeed at all costs. That was the typical male model of success in those days, not sure much has changed. There were women then (I was one for awhile) and probably there are women today who believe that the only path to success is to play the game the way a man would. And I think that means that men win -- by bringing women down to the level of their playing field. For things to change for women, I think we have to bring everybody up to a better way. So while I recognize the unreasonable nature of my standards, I can't let them go, don't want to let them go, because I feel it is betraying the cause of equality for women to accept flawed rules rather than change them by example.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch and Matata....can I come if I bring a bottle of Jamo? I actually get nicer when I'm a bit lit. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1477603070|4091326 said:
Monarch and Matata....can I come if I bring a bottle of Jamo? I actually get nicer when I'm a bit lit. ;-)

I had to look up this Lagavulin 16 but what the hell is Jamo? I am not a wine or much of anything else fancy drinker but am a hoot when I am lit too. I would like to join you all and like Matata said before it would be a whale of a time or something to that effect.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What, you would lower yourself to imbibe with those who drink swill? Ahh yes, I remember your scathing comments about my beloved Laphroaig. If you bring along a nice box of chawklets, all will be forgiven.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1477603291|4091328 said:

I had to look up this Lagavulin 16 but what the hell is Jamo? I am not a wine or much of anything else fancy drinker but am a hoot when I am lit too. I would like to join you all and like Matata said before it would be a whale of a time or something to that effect.

Jameson Irish Whiskey. Jamo is Irish pub-speak for it. "Gimme a Jamo, neat.", that sort of thing. :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jameson's if I remember correctly. It is a smooth and comforting whisky. For the purpose of seeing you properly lit, you would have to drink the Laphroaig or I will not give you the secret password to the secret meeting place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477603535|4091332 said:

Jameson's if I remember correctly. It is a smooth and comforting whisky. For the purpose of seeing you properly lit, you would have to drink the Laphroaig or I will not give you the secret password to the secret meeting place.

My sons are about to turn 25 and one bought a bottle of Glenlivet 18 for us to drink while the other one is here on leave. I am a wuss when it comes to drinking and must have some flavor other than liquor to get it down. Therefore I am probably not allowed the password. Had to look up Laphroaig also. Such a rube.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477603353|4091330 said:
What, you would lower yourself to imbibe with those who drink swill? Ahh yes, I remember your scathing comments about my beloved Laphroaig. If you bring along a nice box of chawklets, all will be forgiven.

Hey, I MARRIED a guy who regularly drinks swill, I'm inured to it. He's a scotch fiend, it's true. He does not have a bottle of Laphroaig, strangely though. Probably because he is working on his bottles of Aberlour, Oban Distiller's Reserve, Dalwhinnie, Balvennie Double Wood 12, and a few others. I can't find the Highland Park 18 I got him. Did he finally drink the whole thing?? :-o We shall have to have a chat, I see. Hm.

I will bring the obligatory chawklets.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477603535|4091332 said:

Seriously. I might barf. And how fun would that be? How about a shot of Achentoshen instead? Dalwhinnie? I'd even go up to the level of Oban over Laphroaig.

I promise, they're going to be awesome chawklets.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this crowd. I'd really like to be in on the get together. But I am far out of my league with all this single malt Scotch and these fancy chocolates. I'm in the pie group. Would you consider slumming and letting me come with a humble pie or cake?

Deb (begging)
:((

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1477609703|4091358 said:
I really like this crowd. I'd really like to be in on the get together. But I am far out of my league with all this single malt Scotch and these fancy chocolates. I'm in the pie group. Would you consider slumming and letting me come with a humble pie or cake?

Deb (begging)

Deb, I only know the names because the bottles live in my house. I don't drink the stuff. But if I get negative about scotch again, I might be cast back into the outer darkness.

I'd let you in if you brought cherry pie with a lattice crust. :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1477613793|4091368 said:

Deb (begging)

Deb, I only know the names because the bottles live in my house. I don't drink the stuff. But if I get negative about scotch again, I might be cast back into the outer darkness.

Oh I think we've reached the level of *lemon pie* at this point. :cheeky: And with all due respect to the Scotch drinkers, I'll take my pie with a nice bourbon Manhattan, Larceny or Four Roses if you've go it, with a couple of Luxardo cherries if you please.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be terribly girly of me but I do love my fruity martinis. Pomegranate Lemon Drop if you please. And of course you can bring pie Deb if I have any say so.

:D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1477614314|4091371 said:
ksinger|1477613793|4091368 said:

Deb (begging)

Oh I think we've reached the level of *lemon pie* at this point. :cheeky: And with all due respect to the Scotch drinkers, I'll take my pie with a nice bourbon Manhattan, Larceny or Four Roses if you've go it, with a couple of Luxardo cherries if you please.

I am coming with a cherry pie for ksinger and the Pricescope Lemon Pie Dee*Jay requested for everybody. Anyone who wants a piece is welcome to one. Election season drinks, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, are also available. We will be drinking to everything tonight.

Deb :wavey:

cherrypie.jpg

lemonpiea.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1477614314|4091371 said:
And with all due respect to the Scotch drinkers, I'll take my pie with a nice bourbon Manhattan, Larceny or Four Roses if you've go it, with a couple of Luxardo cherries if you please.

This is actually my favorite drink, then comes a proper old-fashioned, followed by a very dirty very dry martini loaded with olives.
ksinger will have to share that cherry lattice pie or Deb better plan on bringing more than one. On second thought, I don't want a lattice crust. Crust is my favorite thing about pie so I'll need full coverage top crust.

All cell phones, cameras, and other recording devices must be turned in before the festivities begin.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonofabitch, there's pie.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm coming too, and I'm representing for the 0.5 mg Xanax washed down with quality French champagne. I will bring my Kahlua chocolate cake :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results