shape
carat
color
clarity

Las Vegas: Restaurants and Shows

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Travel Goddess|1325461658|3093110 said:
My hands-down favorite restaurant is Olives at Bellagio. It's a Todd English restaurant and everything is good, but the scallops and beef carpaccio are especially excellent. (If the weather is nice and you can snag a seat on the patio, DO IT! The fountains are lovely to watch while you eat).

I had dinner here with friends on my most recent trip to Vegas, and was very impressed with both the food and service. I highly recommend it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're baaaaaack!

Thank you all so much for your great recommendations. We had a great time, and I'm exhausted, but I wanted to pop in and share my gratitude.

I'll post a real trip review and pictures later, but the short version is that we had a lot of fun and we survived the three nights with my FIL and his GF without any fights or anything. (They're 70, he's stubborn, so I was nervous.)

SHOWS
We saw Mike Hammer, a comic/magician, at the Four Queens. My FIL bought the tickets and I really didn't expect much, but it was really fun.
Cirque Love was a huge disappointment. I love The Beatles, but the show itself was just so blah. DH reminded me that we've seen Ka, Mystere, and Zumanity. I don't really remember Zumanity, but Ka and Mystere were so much more impressive than Love.
We sent my FIL and his GF to see the Jabbawockeez. They don't really praise things, but they said it was a good time.

FOOD
We ate at Otto in the Venetian and it was AWESOME. So good.
We sent my FIL and his GF to Serendipity 3 and I think they liked it. Again, they don't really like anything, but they didn't complain a lot, so I think it was good.
DH and I LOVED Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay.

I originally made reservations for all of us to eat at CarneVino, Sushi Roku, and Olives, but it became clear after our meal at Otto that my FIL and his GF were not going to appreciate a meal in a nice restaurant. They just complain, complain, complain about dishes that have more than one word in the title, so I canceled them. We ate at Olives last time we were there, though, and really loved it.

HOTEL
We stayed at the Bellagio and it was just meh. I wouldn't stay there again. We had the newly remodeled rooms, but they were really sloppily done. The bathroom sink faucet was on crooked, the toilet paper holder wasn't screwed in so it fell out every time we used it. There was a great big hair in the bathtub when we first entered our room. The shower drain was clogged, so after five minutes I was standing in inches of water. (But DH wouldn't take a bath because that hair grossed him out.) The TV didn't work, which was bad for DH because apparently there were some games going on this weekend. The safe stopped working the second day. Just a ton of really annoying little things that wouldn't be a big deal on their own, but collectively they piled up to be truly irritating.

Also, we stayed at the Signature at MGM last time we were there, and the Signature's room was fifty times nicer than the Bellagio's room, hands-down. We'll stay at the Signature if we ever go back.

Okay, I'll write a proper trip report and share it later this week.

Thanks so much for all of your help, everyone!!!!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm new to this thread, and don't know if this has been mentioned already, but check out Jersey Boys if you can. I was just in Las Vegas - well, in mid-December - and I loved it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I'm sorry your experience in LV didn't sound great, Haven!! I've pretty much seen all the Cirque show's there, and "Love" was my least favorite. "O" is number one in my book, followed by "Ka". Oh well, better luck next time? :((

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Haven! Still sounds like a good trip overall. I find when you travel with complainers, its such a drag because in your mind, everything is going well! ARGH! Oh well, next time, they can treat YOU for something special!

Looking forward to your trip report later on =)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to give the wrong impression--we had a great time! Everyone's recommendations were wonderful, and I really hope to try them out the next time we go to Vegas.

I just wanted to pop back in because I realized I sounded negative in my last post.

We also saved a bunny rabbit from the 3rd floor of the Bellagio parking garage. He was cowering in a corner, and ended up getting himself stuck on a small ledge, and we concocted this rescue mission that included a hotel pillowcase and a broom, and it worked! Poor little bunny was back in the grass within an hour, the sweet thing. I'll share that story later, too.

Thanks again, everyone!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now you can be a superhero, Haven!
Glad you had fun - and now you have a WHACK of ideas for your NEXT trip to LV. I won't be there until June... and that is FAR too long to wait for VEGAS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results