shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, would you do your make up with your man present?

Ladies, would you your make up with your man present?

• Yes

Votes: 46 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If not, why not?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Ladies, would you your make up with your man present?

Would I what w/my make up? Put it on?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, do your makeup.

I tried to correct my booboo but it's too late.
Sorry. :oops:

PS gives us 45 minutes to edit our posts.
But if it's a poll to which someone has responded, you can't edit.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I don't see why I wouldn't. I'm not that hideous without it that he cannot see the process!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes of course what's the big deal? Just like he shaves in front of me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha sorry I made it so you couldn't edit it!

JD sees me all the time w/no make up on so it's not really an issue if he's standing there when I'm putting it on. Sometimes we're talking and he'll stand in the doorway.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1433878744|3887027 said:
Yes of course what's the big deal?

I don't think it's a big deal.

I just heard some women will do their makeup around other women but not around men.
I was wondering why and how usual that was.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1433878762|3887028 said:
hahahahaha sorry I made it so you couldn't edit it!

No problem.
My booboo is my fault.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You brought up the subject to get an honest response I assume, so I innocently asked "what's the big deal?"

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yes, all the time, even before we were married...he'd drive while I slapped on some face paint in the passenger seat.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Yes. I would rather put it on in front of him than other women.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear much makeup but ordinarily I don't mind if DH is in the room while I put it on - but if it is a big important event for us, then I do enjoy getting dressed and primping/making up by myself, and then going out to him for the big reveal.

I do have a hard and fast rule that he can't be in the room when I pluck my eyebrows... only as a safety precaution so I don't get distracted by him and poke myself in the eye with the tweezers

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes. I don't do make up much, but I have / do occasionally put some on, and I sort of need DH to be there to hand me things. I'm not skilled at the whole enterprise, and I'll need his emotional support. :bigsmile: Also, I won't generally be wearing my glasses at that point, so he'll have to be identifying and passing the various components to me, since I can't really see what I'm doing.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. And I have many times. It's not like he doesn't know I wear makeup. If he's here and not busy while I'm getting ready, he'll come sit by my vanity and talk to me. He's seen me do makeup since early in our relationship, since a lot of times I wouldn't wear makeup to work but would want to put on some for going out with him and he'd have to come wait when he was picking me up!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbziggy|1433881807|3887050 said:

Really?
Why?

Relatively ignorant about women-men dynamics, this topic interests me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makeup, yes of course. The only time he ever said anything at all was when he saw me plucking stray chin hairs. He was upset that I didn't do it fast enough. He for some reason thought fast would be less painful. Accuracy is more important IMO. :praise:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the flip side, DH has no problem flossing and using his nose hair trimmer in front of me, but I digress... ;-)

Seems to me makeup removal is worse than the application LOL!!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1433884767|3887070 said:
On the flip side, DH has no problem flossing and using his nose hair trimmer in front of me

Why are you making such a big deal about nose hair? :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1433883887|3887066 said:

Really?
Why?

For me it would depend on who the women are. Women are...well, they're bitches. They're critical. You'll use too much, or not enough, or the wrong product or apply it wrong.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1433887044|3887081 said:
On the flip side, DH has no problem flossing and using his nose hair trimmer in front of me

Haha! We could talk about ear hair or back hair if you'd like, that's a whole other thread! :rolleyes:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes except for the morning of the wedding as he stayed somewhere else, tradition and all that.

I may refrain from getting ready in the front of a new gent I do not know well though.

DK :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's seen me throw up; compared to that, whats a little makeup? :lol: He finds "the process" very interesting. I don't wear makeup daily, so when I do wear it, he enjoys watching.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problem applying make up in front of him. If we are going out someplace nice I take a long time applying so I can't imagine him staying in there watching me. He usually just pops in to ask me when I will be ready to go.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1433887065|3887082 said:

Really?
Why?

For me it would depend on who the women are. Women are...well, they're bitches. They're critical. You'll use too much, or not enough, or the wrong product or apply it wrong.

Most women are pretty judgemental, hence movies like "Mean Girls" and the like. I think it's because they like to follow rules to be secure and those that are not following rules make them feel insecure. Then they lash out. They probably don't even realize that's the problem.

I think we'd get along fine, packrat. ;-) And who am I to judge how much makeup someone does or doesn't put on? Plus I don't really care, lol.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, of course I would!

I think, though, the difference before and after is pretty severe, so I feel sorry for the guy. He's probably getting whiplash. :lol:

The whole male-female dynamic is not that mysterious. Just try to draw parallels in your own experience: would you shave in front of your man? Same, same.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1433888927|3887087 said:
kenny|1433887044|3887081 said:

Haha! We could talk about ear hair or back hair if you'd like, that's a whole other thread! :rolleyes:

I find ear hair gross, but back hair very sexy.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Sure, why not? He'd be bored as hell watching, but if he happened to be in the room while I was doing it it wouldn't bother me a bit.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1433897535|3887130 said:
packrat|1433887065|3887082 said:

Really?
Why?

Most women are pretty judgemental, hence movies like "Mean Girls" and the like. I think it's because they like to follow rules to be secure and those that are not following rules make them feel insecure. Then they lash out. They probably don't even realize that's the problem.

I think we'd get along fine, packrat. ;-) And who am I to judge how much makeup someone does or doesn't put on? Plus I don't really care, lol.

I think we would too! I'd put my make up on in front of you. :loopy:

I think our own insecurities come into play too, in front of other women. My skin is not pretty. And I feel I am hairier than most-a dermatologist absolutely would NOT believe me that I wasn't anorexic b/c of the excess hair. Until my mom started laughing and was like "She eats more than most men!" So I'm self conscious. Maybe overly so, but still. I just don't like other people to see my skin w/out anything on it. And it's hard to find the right foundation colors etc so that makes me self conscious as well.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I think I kept the grooming a secret for the first couple years. Not so much makeup, bc I don't wear much, but now even eyebrow maintenance is ok. Poor man. Everything except toilet stuff..I don't want an open door policy there.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jaysonsmom|1433880284|3887042 said:
Yes, all the time, even before we were married...he'd drive while I slapped on some face paint in the passenger seat.

Same here with me and my wife, she puts it on all the time while I am driving. Usually I like to make fun of her for putting on her eyeliner and mascara with her mouth open, or I will literally just put my finger in her mouth. I usually get the retort 'stop it or else I might poke my eye out' followed by a joke about an eye for an eye :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results