shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...what are you buying him for Christmas?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
A solid state hard drive for his laptop, and a few random articles of clothes.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
a leather jacket
a sterling silver Tiffany valet keychain
a T-shirt
an apron

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A 12-inch long exact reproduction of the Maserati in which Fangio won a Grand Prix in 1957.

And 2 pairs of slippers.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just ordered him an NHL jersey.

I'm trying to think of something else to add to the gift. Maybe a Think Geek t-shirt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kindle touch- which he received a few weeks ago and he loves it.
2 dive watches- one from Citizen and one from Invicta.
Slippers from LL Bean.
A watch band for his Panerai.

So far...

ForteKitty- love your dh's wishlist!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually get tickets to something instead of exchanging gifts but there's nothing really around to see this year. I have no idea what we'll do. Maybe we'll just spend a night or two in Boston for a little get-away.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
He'll get nothing and like it!

We are buying tickets to Oregon for Feb for a family event and also a new Dishwasher. I know, you're all jealous of that romantic gift selection. lol

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
A 1950's/ vintage Harley davidson (Brando) cap with 20 vintage American Motorcycle Association pins years numbering 1 thru 10. It's one of a kind and he's gonna love it! He's also getting an IPad 2.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I got my husband an at-home beer making kit and some clothes but need to grab one or two more gifts. He's a computer/video game nerd so I might try to find something techy, although I don't have a clue about that stuff. We're cheap and we don't like to overdo it so we have a limit of $75.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1323132253|3074928 said:
Slippers from LL Bean.

So far...

Where did you order the band from... If you don't mnd me asking?

I'm getting him a new camel hair blazer, frank Lloyd Wright pen, jeans and a shirt, stocking stuffers... And maybe a new watch band... That would be perfect in his stocking! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's getting slippers and I'm making the rest of his gifts. ;)) We did a LOT of downsizing (especially him) when we moved into this house last spring, and while we have plenty of space, we are all about being green and reducing this year. I got some great ideas from perusing Pinterest, and I'm really excited to execute them. One is framing a collage of all the stuff I would normally have put into a scrapbook from our "history" together. Another is a copy of our house key made into an ornament for our tree. I'm about 110% sure he will love everything he receives. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he decides he wants a regular blu-ray player I'm getting him one of those plus a nice flannel shirt, if I can find one I don't hate, because he loves them and wants one.

If he decides he wants the PS3 for blu-ray plus gaming-- that's pretty much it.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got back from the USA and puddled around for ages in a Brookstone store, and DH fell madly in love with their Parrot Drone helicopter toy, it's got a camera in it and is operated by iPhone/iPad and is just plain freakin' cool :bigsmile: I just paid for one and am having it shipped.

We don't have them in Australia so he's be the coolest kid on the block!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 pairs of really nice socks (he has this thing for socks. who knew?)
2 lambswool sweaters - 1 red with a zipper at the neck, the other charcoal grey tiny pattern with a black cowl neck
1 black button-down dress shirt (how has the clotheshorse I married managed to get to this point without one??)
and probably something sailing related, yet to be determined

The boy is spoiled...rotten. ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1323163466|3075140 said:
We just got back from the USA and puddled around for ages in a Brookstone store, and DH fell madly in love with their Parrot Drone helicopter toy, it's got a camera in it and is operated by iPhone/iPad and is just plain freakin' cool :bigsmile: I just paid for one and am having it shipped.

That is so cool DandiAndi! We saw that at Brookstone and I wanted it LOL but didn't get it. Enjoy!

Mayk said:
missy|1323132253|3074928 said:
Slippers from LL Bean.

So far...

Where did you order the band from... If you don't mnd me asking?

I'm getting him a new camel hair blazer, frank Lloyd Wright pen, jeans and a shirt, stocking stuffers... And maybe a new watch band... That would be perfect in his stocking! :appl:

MayK, I do not mind at all- I will ask him (he is sleeping right now as most normal people are doing at this hour of the morning LOL) as whenever purchases have to do with watches I have my dh do it himself as he is uberpicky about his watches and accessories. When we were dating I bought him the coolest watch from Hammacher Schlemmer (my dh is an avid cyclist and it was a limited edition watch from that famous cyclist I forget his name ATM...ETA- Lance Armstrong) and it was the last watch I ever bought him as he returned it (after asking me of course). Now I know how guys feel when we want to exchange the jewelery they buy us LOL! And I totally understand of course and just find it best for us to do our own ordering of these items just to be sure. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayK, he bought the band from the Panerai boutique on Madison Ave (NYC). What type of band are you looking for? My dh orders lots of bands from different online places. He likes A Watch Obsession in the UK for ordering online.
http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1323163466|3075140 said:

Oh my husband keeps talking about these! Glad to see mine is not the only big kid around. :cheeky:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
A new boat
A new car
New rims and tyres
Lift and suspension kit for car
Snorkel
Some tune thingy.

Oh wait, he already got all of that this year so he has graciously said he doesn't need a present. :wacko:

He did however buy himself an air compressor and told me that I could wrap that up and put it under the tree, except he already pulled it out and played with it!

I am buying him a captains hat to wear on the boat though. :bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've got him:

A pair of silver Mulberry cufflinks
A new shirt
The 24 series box set
Pants and a sweater from Fat Face
Slippers
A padded bodywarmer (you call them vests I think?) from North Face

I still need to get him a bottle of cologne.. maybe Ralph Lauren Romance for men because he wore that at our wedding and a hat and scarf for the freezing weather!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1323168012|3075155 said:
5 pairs of really nice socks (he has this thing for socks. who knew?)
2 lambswool sweaters - 1 red with a zipper at the neck, the other charcoal grey tiny pattern with a black cowl neck
1 black button-down dress shirt (how has the clotheshorse I married managed to get to this point without one??)
and probably something sailing related, yet to be determined

The boy is spoiled...rotten. ;))

I LOVE socks! I would be happy if thats all I got for christmas! :bigsmile:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Time together these days is the biggest gift for us so I'm getting him/us a long weekend at a retreat up in the mountains.
Last year I got him a heli-snowshoeing day trip but there were avalanche warnings all season on the glacier, so it never came to fruition.
Maybe they'll take a raincheck on the GC this year and we can do it whilst we are up there...
I try to get him something that will have memories as opposed to "things"...but if he wants to get me sparkly "things" I'm not opposed! :naughty:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
His "gift" is pretty much going to be spread out through Dec & Jan, which is many trips up to the mountains! For actual items, he's getting a dvd & some coffee. We are keeping gifts small this year b/c the kids will also be going up skiing and that adds up quickly!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
- A set of 19th Century shirt studs for wearing with evening dress (he goes to a lot of such events for work) - they're gold with green enamel, white mother of pearl and a green sparkle stone in the centre of each which I suspect is paste but they're too small and too well set to have any chance of testing.

- A solid gold tie-clip

- A set of measures for cocktails

- A jumper if I can find one I like.

Unfortunately my husband buys all the things he needs - his birthday is in late November so he would have 10 months to wait for any presents.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
artdecogirl|1323188721|3075290 said:
A spotting scope.

OMG, I read that as a "rotting corpse". Holy cow. I am sure that a spotting scope is much better than that (although I don't know what it is.)

I just bought TGuy an early bday present, so I'm tapped...have no idea what to get him for xmas.... :((

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nothing this year...he bought some machine thing in the summer that cost a boat load of money, i looked at him and said Merry Christmas! (as you might guess I was and still am not a happy camper)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results