shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,does your husband wear cuff links?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are they still in style?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire said:
are they still in style?

What an elegant question, Dancing Fire! Thank you for asking! Indeed, my husband does! He does not wear them every day since he does not have French cuffs on every shirt he wears to the office, but he wears them often. There was a time when most of his shirts were white with French cuffs. A few of them were pale blue with white collars (and, perhaps, white cuffs? I cannot recall). He is sad that he can no longer wear three-piece suits, however. He wore them for so many years that he became very, very used to them. They look silly on men in business now. Or so he tells me.

I have bought him his cufflinks. He really wears only conservative ones since he is in banking. The last pair I gave him, the pictures of which I put up on Pricescope, featured some gold coins.

This was a great question!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a photograph of the cufflinks I gave my husband for his birthday in 2009. I had put it in the gold thread, so I thought I would share it here. Does anyone else have photos?

Deb/AGBF

Attachments

• HsbandBirthdayCufflinks.bmp
    732.5 KB · Views: 687

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice Deb!! :love: these are 1/10 oz gold eagles?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears cuff links a lot--he is a 30-year-old lawyer and likes to wear shirts with French cuffs. I gave him a pair of monogrammed Tiffany cuff links as a wedding present, so I'd like to believe that they're still in style :D.

AGBF, I love the ones you posted! DH has a pair of cuff links made from gold coins as well; the coins are from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire said:
very nice Deb!! :love: these are 1/10 oz gold eagles?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what they are! I remember that I initially looked for some 24K coin cufflinks for him, but then I figured he would murder me if he ever found out their price. Unlike you, he does not appreciate fine watches or jewelry!

AGBF

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
um, i don't think my husband even owns a shirt that would require cuff links!

MoZo

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My husband has quite a few french cuff shirts. His new job doesn't have such a formal dress code so he doesn't wear them very often anymore, but he really loves cuff links. I have bought him quite a few pair from Kenneth Cole. I'll see if I can find some stock pics online. Otherwise, I'll take some pics of my own.

When I was shopping for his wedding band, I asked a salesperson "What do you get for the man who wears cufflinks during the week and camouflage on the weekends?" The salesperson said "Two rings." Well, that's exactly what I did. I'm a sucker.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but pretty much only to weddings, funerals, and job interviews! (He is blue collar and doesn't need them for work)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Took a few pics of some of DH's cufflinks. Can't find his favorite pair. He must have them (or he lost them and hasn't told me!). He does have a couple pair of round cufflinks (his fave pair are round) but he usually wears square ones.

DSC_1091.jpg

DSC_1095.jpg

DSC_1099.jpg

DSC_1104.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nope, but I do! Finding shirts with French cuffs that fit me properly is a bit of a bitch, but well worth the effort, I feel.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous photos of the cufflinks actually in the French cuffs, Travel Goddess! Thank you for posting those! I am in Connecticut and my husband and his shirts and cufflinks are in Virginia so I couldn't post photos the way you did even if my camera and software were cooperating...and they so rarely are! I think your husband's cufflinks are very elegant. I would love to see pictures posted by others.

Circe, what type do you wear?

Deb

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deb!! He loves wearing them. That first pair I posted is just a cheapy pair from Men's Wearhouse :oops: but he likes to wear them with red ties. I'd love to get him a fancy pair with real gemstones (or maybe even diamonds) but he often takes them out to roll up his sleeves at the end of the day sometimes and I'm afraid he'd lose them.

Circe, you crack me up. You should order custom! http://www.mytailor.com/Shirts.aspx

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love to see a man in cufflinks! My fiance does not wear them often though as his dress is casual most of the time. Also super hot: suspenders!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie said:
I love to see a man in cufflinks! My fiance does not wear them often though as his dress is casual most of the time. Also super hot: suspenders!

I have just the man for you, kelpie!

larry.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted to have a large pave halo emerald or cushion cut diamond, or colored cufflinks to give to someone. Not for the office, of course.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, DH wears cufflinks. Small yellow gold ovals that belonged to his great grandfather. They saw service in the trenches in WW1!

As to whether they're in style, I doubt that would enter his head. He's always worn them, never really thought about it.

Jen

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
My DH wears cuff links - I like them and so does he. I feel it makes a shirt/suit more unique and individual.
The style of cuff links one selects also shows a bit about their style. :)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
DH does not wear cuff links with dress shirts. In fact he rolls his cuffs/sleeves every chance he gets.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Yes DH wears cufflinks, actually Tiffany sells a set that matches his wedding band that I'm planning on getting him for some occasion.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
DH wears cufflinks a couple of days a week. He has about 10 sets, most of which are relatively inexpensive, and then one sterling silver engraved pair and one nice pair his mom gave him to wear at our wedding. I love it when he wears nice shirts with french cuffs. Lately his office has gone a lot more casual and he's been wearing polo shirts and more casual buttondowns to the office--such a pity. :(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zipzapgirl said:
DH wears cufflinks a couple of days a week. He has about 10 sets, most of which are relatively inexpensive, and then one sterling silver engraved pair and one nice pair his mom gave him to wear at our wedding. I love it when he wears nice shirts with french cuffs. Lately his office has gone a lot more casual and he's been wearing polo shirts and more casual buttondowns to the office--such a pity. :(

My husband doesn't go around lamenting that he can't wear his cufflinks or anything, but he had a really hard time trying to make a transition into, "business casual" and just gave it up. He is now in an office where a suit is appropriate, but when business casual was more acceptable, he tried to conform...at first. Then he gave it up. He is just himself in a suit. He is from the old days when, in many offices, a man wouldn't dream of removing his jacket. I remember that in one of the branch offices of one of the firms he worked for it was a stated policy that no one would remove his jacket in the office!

Deb/AGBF

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DH would never ever wear them. First, he hates long sleeve shirts because he's always hot - we work in a casual place and he can just wear polo shirts year round anyway. If he does wear a long sleeve collared shirt, it's always the more casual type that doesn't require cuff links.

I do know some guys who wear cuff links occasionally, but they generally work in the banking industry where suits are standard (and even then cuff links don't seem to be very popular on a daily basis).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
diva rose said:
My DH wears cuff links - I like them and so does he. I feel it makes a shirt/suit more unique and individual.

Not sure what it says about me that I really want to get DH cufflinks that look like paper clips...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
geckodani said:
diva rose said:

Not sure what it says about me that I really want to get DH cufflinks that look like paper clips...

That's interesting...because I wanted to get my husband cufflinks (in gold) that looked like buttons! I was extremely taken with them!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are a pair of cufflinks that look like gold buttons. They come in many varieties!

Deb/AGBF

GoldCufflinkButtons.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
DH wears them everyday. His work attire requires that his shirts be French cuffs. I bought him a nice pair of Mont Blanc cuff links a couple of years ago as an anniversary present. He keeps hinting that he needs another pair... Guess what he's getting for Christmas! :bigsmile:

I think they are very sexy on a man. :naughty:

Cachette :))

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
When he teaches at the medical school and has meetings he wears them, as he likes to wear suits. When he's seeing patients, he dresses down a bit. Sick kids and nice clothes are not a good match.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha! No way. He doesn't even own a suit. He hates to dress up and will only do so for a wedding or a funeral.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results